Detective Conan World
tengaku squared

DCW IRL Round 4: Bloody Birthday

{Ren-kun: So, how's the other 'dead' character?}

I have no idea... I guess you're still a ghost?

Anyway I'm going to catch up and then going to post later.

Jamie frowned as she heard Ari's voice, wondering why he was saying these things. "I'm a subject of his revenge? But I didn't vote against bringing him back... I don't even know how he died..." She sighed and took comfort from the feel of the knife in her jacket. "But a spirit can't be halted by a mere weapon." These words echoing in her head, Jamie locked the door to her room. She wanted to ask someone what was going on, but if only she had heard the words, they'd find her insane. With a sigh, Jamie wrote what she'd heard on a piece of paper and slipped it out into the hallway, folded with Kevin's name on it. "If Ari's addressing those he mentioned, Kevin may have heard it as well..." She sat on the edge of her bed and took a look at her diagram of the house, studying Aunt Scarlet's murder scenario closely.

'What the? A revival? Can they do that?!' Em couldn't believe her eyes when the little guy appeared from out of no where.

'Grrr... What's this? A life and death game? If they can bring back dead people... Can't he just bring back Scarlet!? This is too crazy...'

Em turned and exited the room. That was enough drama for her. 'Playing god huh. *******. This is too much...'

She struggled to get the bottle of what seems like M&Ms from her pocket and started chugging them down. Suddenly, Em's face started to flush red and her nose started to drip blood. She wiped it off using the back of her hand.

'What's this? .... Blood? ... Hahaha...'

Em stared at her hands for a long while, blood still dripping. Her heart rate started to increase and her breathing started to get heavier.

'No wait... Control yourself Em... Control...' Em took out the pin which she pinned on her blouse and pricked herself. She then pinned it back, picked herself up and headed back to her room.

NIGHT 6 HAS ENDED, COMMENCE DAY 6

"It's not playing god, you know." The man was neatly perched on the shelf in KKLT's room. "I'm very limited in what I can do. That's why I don't try to bring back Scarlet...and who cares about that woman, anyway?" He scratched his head, then shrugged. "But I'm here for more important matters. You're really lucky, you know. I rarely kill anyone by my own hand." He jumped down onto the floor, and opened his arms wide. He grinned wickedly. "But after all, that doesn't matter, does it, murderer?!" The ground shook, and Em fell down. When she looked up, she saw the ceiling collapsing on her. There was a sickening noise, then another one followed.

The man observed the wreckage. He shook his head. "My, my, looks like her roommate, Misaki, got caught up in all that. Well, that's a shame. She had the Eye of Truth..."

Later that day, the man slipped a letter into a certain person's pocket. He smiled, and wondered how they would respond.

"Dear XXXX

It's about time you left this blood-stained mess, isn't it? This offer is for you, and you alone. The snowstorm is still strong, but I believe I have the capability to grant you safe passage out of this blood-stained mansion.

However, there is an cost. This action will take an enormous amount of energy, and I'm afraid I used up my last amount of energy on that huge earthquake. Therefore, I will grant you passage, but everyone else will die as the cost.

I will give you until this night to respond."

==================================================================

> Both KKLT and Misaki were killed; KKLT has been revealed as a murderer.

For those clever enough to see this, here's what's gonna happen: The game is going to end in 2-3 phases.

> One certain person will have to make the choice: whether to leave and abandon everyone else, or stay and risk dying. Should this person choose to leave, they will be the sole victor of the round, which means that other civilians or murderers will still be credited with a loss. In addition, that name will be disclosed.

It's been a fun run, guys, and I hope you guys enjoyed the round!

> Should this certain person refuse the offer, their name will not be disclosed. There will be a consequence for refusing the offer.

I will be modding another DCW IRL round sometime, though when, I don't know.

> They must make the decision by the following night phase. The result will not be processed until the end of the following night phase.

Now that you've seen this, you are not allowed to reveal this text's presence or quote this post.

> Note: Being on the winning side increases your chance of being picked as a MVRP. Did I mention that?

Misaki sat on her bed, reading a book she took from the library, as her roommate sat and ate her candy. "It's not playing god, you know."

The man was neatly perched on the shelf. Misaki stared at him. When did he get in here?!

"I'm very limited in what I can do. That's why I don't try to bring back Scarlet...and who cares about that woman, anyway?" ... And yet he's making us find out who the murderer is...

He scratched his head, then shrugged. "But I'm here for more important matters. You're really lucky, you know. I rarely kill anyone by my own hand." He jumped down onto the floor, and opened his arms wide. He grinned wickedly. "But after all, that doesn't matter, does it, murderer?!"

Misaki's head whipped towards the girl, who's face looked pale white from being revealed. The ground shook violently as the words left the man's mouth. When she looked up, she saw the ceiling collapsing. She rolled off her bed, narrowly avoiding the piece falling down where she had been only a moment before. However, that didn't keep her from her leg being trapped underneath a different falling piece. She bit her scream of pain down, since her pride was more important than screaming like a little girl. She heard a sickening crunch coming from the other side of the room. Well, at least there's one less murderer now.

She knew she was going to die soon. With how things were going, this was meant to kill them both. But she didn't want to die at that man's hands. Never. She reached down, grabbing the gun she had kept hidden in her pants all this time out, before clicking the safety off. Too bad I didn't completely complete my job.

A faint of a grin graced her face as she pulled the trigger, the sound of the shot not even being heard.

---------

She looked from above, hovering over the now-destroyed room. She didn't see the ghost of her roommate-murderer, and nor did she wish to. Too bad they were dead or else she would kill her. Well, since I'm dead, might as well put that in place. Misaki left the room and floated out of her room before going headed towards the library.

Well, since I'm dead, I can at least relax. I'll go to the library and read... I never did finish that one book.

------

(Yeah. Killed myself off. Time to go be a random ghost 8D)

[Misaki wrote half of this for me lol]

Gracie woke up at the sound of shattering glass. Her cup of water had somehow fallen off the bedside desk. She heard some people running and got up to see what the commotion was about. When she managed to get in front of the crowd, she was shown a horrid scene. The room that was once Misaki and her roommate's was now in ruins. the ceiling that was no more was now all over the floor, its large chunks overlapping. Though no one knew for sure, it seemed that the people who were using the room were in there as well, either trapped or dead under all of the debris. From the lack of cries for help, it was more likely the latter.

Gracie picked her way through the rubble, suddenly hearing a crunching sound beneath her, and seeing that she had stepped on Misaki's hand. It took her all she had to not let out a terrified scream. As she slowly looked down, her eyes met Misaki's. Her eyes that had once held life gleamed dully. Her skin was a sickly white, as if she was a ghost. Her lips held a small grin, though for what reason it was unknown to her. And on her forehead... Gracie felt like puking. The small but fatal hole in her head showed a small stream of blood running down. But still, she continued, until she reached the place that was once Misaki's bed. "Should anything happen to me, find the will I wrote in my pillow and read it. After that, you may do what you wish with the knowledge," she said to herself, repeating the words the older woman had told her only the day before.

Though finding the pillow where the mentioned will was would be harder than what was probably expected, seeing how the pillow was now buried under the heavy ceiling. And for a young girl, that was not an easy task. But she grabbed a side of a piece of debris and pulled as hard as she could. Gracie had to get to the will. It was her last order from the person who she promised to work under and she wanted to fulfill it, no matter how long it took her.

She huffed and puffed as she pushed the material away, sweat dripping down her face. But after a while, she managed to move it a few inches, which was enough to get it out of the way and to move onto a different piece. When she began to decide as to what she should move next, she noticed that the debris had fallen in a way that left a small opening straight down to the bed. As she looked down said opening, she grinned. In her sight was the pillow she longed to retrieve. Yes! How lucky! And judging from how the pillow doesn't looked trapped underneath the debris, I can get it!

She reached her tiny arm down, getting it as far as she could. Unluckily for her, she had come up only a few centimeters short. She swore under her breath as she tried to reach farther, ignoring the slight pain she was feeling from the sharp edges of the debris scratching her. Her fingers extended as far as they could, attempting to grasp the pillowcase with it. As she managed to get the cloth between her fingertips, she pulled up, hoping her sweaty fingers would not lose the grip on it. She kept pulling at it, until the plush item popped out. Gracie grinned widely, proud of her hard work before digging her hand into the casing to retrieve what she wanted. Pulling out a thin piece of paper, she opened it and read aloud the contents.

If you're seeing this, that means either 1) you're snooping in my stuff and I will find you and take needed procedures to make you regret that decision or 2) I'm dead. Assuming it's the latter, how lovely. Always thought I would die in a way more natural than what has probably befallen me.

Well, as far as civilians go, the little girl is trustworthy (while not seen, we have talked), I have a little trust in my roommate (candy girl) though I do not know for sure she is a civilian, and everyone else I have my doubts. With murderers, Rosie was looking suspicious, though since she is now no longer with us, I don't know if this information is relevant. That new person, Jamie I think her name is, also looks suspicious.

Apologizes extended to Ren, I did it to save more people since the group as a whole is more important that keeping a kid alive if it means losing more. Though it seems now our roles are switched. You people better find all the murderers or else.

Gracie sighed, folded up the paper, and made her way to the door.

Jamie woke from a nightmare to crashing from the room Em and Misaki were staying in. She unlocked her door and flung it wide, skirting around the corner and slamming open Misaki's door. "Em, Misaki-?!" She froze and took a startled step back at the sight of the debris and the girls sprawled half-hidden beneath it. "An earthquake?" She shook her head, closing the door slowly. "The dead are just piling up with no breaks to investigate, yeah?" Jamie sighed and picked up her folded paper from the floor in front of her room, forcing the image of Misaki's entry wound out of her mind. "Who does this leave alive? Just Gracie an' Kevin an' me, yeah?" She bit her lip. "Them kids shouldn't even be caught up in all this." Jamie glanced out the window at the raging snow, ripping her paper in half. "Awright, I'm tired of people messing with me. Ari can't scare me, an' I'm gonna finish my job." With that she headed down to the freezer where Miss Scarlet's body was kept, retrieving her aunt and examining her closely, regarding the entry wound from a 'detective special' revolver with a sigh. "If they'd just tested for GSR on those present, they may have found the truth on the first night. Instead, there is this..." Jamie locked up the freezer and headed to the kitchen to meet Gracie and Kevin for breakfast and a discussion.

Jamie sat down at the table in the dining room. "Ari, ya've got to control that temper of yours. There's nothing 'ere for ya to be so angry about, an' there're kids here who don' need ta hear your swearing..." She sighed, "If I could help ya, I would, but you aren't givin' me a chance, yeah? Is there anything ya wanted aside from revenge on those who haven't wronged ya?" She leaned back in the chair and waited, her fingers drumming a beat on the table.

To say that Kevin's awakening was unpleasant would be a huge understatement. The rumbling noise resembling an earthquake's roused every bit of strength he had in his body, or at at least what's left of it, which is to say mere little fragments. Kevin's guts triumphed over his significantly weakened state and the random pain he felt causing him to get out of bed half limping half walking. He paid no attention to the question that persistently pushed itself into the back of his mind. He knew better than to contemplate how or why he was revived, he wasn't that stupid to question the motives of 'that person'. Upon discovering that his sister was nowhere in the room, it didn't take a lot of time for him to piece everything together... or at least he thought he pieced everything together. His pessimistic mind was afraid that Gracie was caught in those noises he had heard before. He ran out to the hallway, or at least tried his best to, and frantically proceeded aimlessly.

It wasn't until he caught a glimpse of long blonde hair that he stopped panicking. He approached the girl and tapped her on the shoulder. Gracie looked distant, deep in thought. Kevin felt oblivious to everything, which was understandable, but he was relieved above all. His heart rate getting back to normal and he's breathing stabilized, Kevin spoke up. "Fill me in."

Aleksanders voice shouted "Yes!! Of course it's me. Listen up. There is secret passage at the library. There is lots of things that may found useful. And find Gracie and Kevin"