Detective Conan World
tengaku squared

DCW IRL Round 4: Bloody Birthday

Jamie scanned the bookshelves, tugging out any text on the supernatural. As she approached the mystery shelf, she noticed something on the floor near the Agatha Christie novels. Curious, Jamie flipped the object into the air with the toe of her shoe, watching it make a revolution before she reached out to catch it. It was Aleksander's knife and case; the one he'd been cleaning his nails with. "'is grandfather's memento," she added aloud as she gripped the item tightly. It would now be a memory of Aleksander himself. "Ironic..." Jamie said as she fastened the sheath to the inner pocket of her jacket. "But ta be kept safe nonetheless." She went back to the table she'd stacked her finds on, flipping through the first in a series of analyses of otherworldly activity. She began to read aloud from a later chapter. "Ghosts an' spirits, though often thought of as visions of terror, are truly..."

(Ah huh Supernatural. :V)

-------

Em returned to her room. She grabbed a packet of KitKat and went out again.

She stuffed the entire thing into her mouth and fumbled through the stuff her tiny bag and pulled out the thing that she obtained earlier.

"Hmmm.... Letchsshee (Let's see)..." Em played around with the object with the chocolate in her mouth. "Ah. There." Some buzzes came out from the object. Em plugged in the earpiece and stuffed it into her ear.

"Bzzzzzzgh...goin....zzrrrghh.. to... brrzzz"

"Ah. A hit. Hee~" Em giggled she tuned it clearer.

"...bzz.....alrea...bz..know...bzz......murderer......"

What was that? ...murderer?

Em stiffened up. She tried to make the signal clearer but that was the best she could do. She could hear two voices. But she could not make out who those are since it was too muffled. She stopped in her tracks and continued to listen.

"......was...pszzr......a guy...bzz..sure...bzzz... be... fema......This...bz.. is a...ery.. cunnin...pzzz...cheated by h..."

Who's the ones talking? Em strained her ears and continued to listen to see if she could catch any other things.

"...thi..bzzz...is...bzz....em..." The voice suddenly stopped.

What's going on...? Em wondered.

"....spy....evice............gggggrkkkkstchzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZ" With a loud crack, Em realised her source of information has been broken.

"Ara,ara... So soon?" Em breathed out strongly. "...Heh. But it wouldn't be fun otherwise..." A faint smile appeared on her face.

---------------

NIGHT 5 HAS ENDED, IT IS NOW DAY 5.

"Yo, Misaki. I've come to take that box back." He stuck out his hand, and the box flew from Misaki's pocket into his hand. "Thank you." He gingerly opened the box, and a bright light enveloped the room. When the light faded, the man sighed. "I always hate that. No need for the light. Hey, Misaki, here." He threw whatever was in that box into Misaki's hand. It was an eyeball, with a golden iris. "Since you kept it safe for so long, I suppose I'll let you use this thing once. It's the Eye of Truth, or whatever, apparently. You can look at one person and conclusively determine their alignment, with a 0% chance of error."

He looked up at the clock on the wall, and began to walk towards the direction of the master bedroom. "I'm going to be late." And once he turned the corner, he disappeared.

Later, a booming voice called everyone to the master bedroom. The man was sitting on the floor, a strange inscription by his feet. "I see everyone's got their votes?" Most of the people nodded. "Alright, let's do this." He rubbed his hands, and placed his right index finger on the circle. A bright red light covered the master bedroom, blinding the room. And then a scream pierced the air. The red light vanished, and a mess of flesh and blood was found on the inscription. The man sighed, then stood up. "I expected this to happen. I guess that fool wasn't enough, huh." He began to walk out of the master bedroom, and halted at the door. "Hey, here's the thing. If you happen to ever kill another person, I'll try this again. And I'll try to make it work next time. Speaking of which..." he turned around, and smiled. He saw Wicky being restrained by two other members of the group. "Well, looks like you've got your next victim. I'll be in the basement." He disappeared.

=================================================================

> Misaki has lost the box and gained the Eye of Truth. She may once, during the game, use it on one person, and conclusively determine their alignment (murderer or civilian). Wicky is, however, an invalid target, unless she is not executed this turn.

> The revival has failed. Should there be another successful execution, the revival of Ren will be attempted again.

> Wicky has been caught.

> Inactivity rules are now reenforced. Even if you were active before, you have 5 days to show activity.

Misaki grumbled as she shut her eyes to keep the light out. Ugh. Another day, another twist.

Despite her slowness in getting up, she was out of her room and down the stairs ten minutes later. As she started her way to the kitchen, a voice called out, "Yo, Misaki. I've come to take that box back."

Perfect. Starting off the day by having to see him.

As she turned around, he stuck out his hand. As if by magic, the box that was once in her pocket was now in his hand. "Thank you."

He gingerly opened the box, and a bright light enveloped the room. She quickly shielded her eyes, the brightness too much for her. When the light faded, the man sighed. "I always hate that. No need for the light. Hey, Misaki, here."

He threw whatever was in that box into Misaki's hand. It was an eyeball, with a golden iris. "Since you kept it safe for so long, I suppose I'll let you use this thing once. It's the Eye of Truth, or whatever, apparently. You can look at one person and conclusively determine their alignment, with a 0% chance of error."

She looked at it. Eye of Truth, huh? Who would have thought this was in there? Well, at least it's useful.

He looked up at the clock on the wall, and began to walk towards the direction of the master bedroom. "I'm going to be late."

As he started to walk away, Misaki followed him. Not because she wanted to, but because the kitchen was the same way as he was going. However, once he turned the corner, he disappeared. She looked around for a second, wondering where he went, but eventually decided it wasn't worth it.

And so, twenty minutes later she was in the kitchen, accompanied with a cup of coffee and some toast. As she sipped out of the warm cup, a booming voice suddenly yelled out, "COME TO THE MASTER BEDROOM."

Great. Just what I wanted. To see more of him.

Cup in hand, she quickly stuffed the bread into her mouth and went down to the master bedroom. When she arrived, the man was sitting on the floor, a strange inscription by his feet. As soon as everyone was present, he asked, "I see everyone's got their votes?"

Most of the people nodded. "Alright, let's do this."

He rubbed his hands, and placed his right index finger on the circle. A bright red light covered the master bedroom, blinding the room. And then a scream pierced the air. The red light vanished, and a mess of flesh and blood was found on the inscription. The man sighed, then stood up. "I expected this to happen. I guess that fool wasn't enough, huh."

He began to walk out of the master bedroom, and halted at the door. "Hey, here's the thing. If you happen to ever kill another person, I'll try this again. And I'll try to make it work next time. Speaking of which..." he turned around, and smiled.

She looked to where he was looking and saw Wicky being restrained by two other members of the group. "Well, looks like you've got your next victim. I'll be in the basement." He exited promptly, leaving everyone there.

The two who were restraining the Wicky person left to take them to wherever they held Aleksander. Eventually, everyone dispersed to do their own thing, leaving Misaki alone. She took out the eye, rolling it in her hand as she muttered, "I wonder who I should use this on..."

Jamie shook her head. "Another vote to decide on a life..." She was torn; since Aleksander, a civilian, was gone there was a higher chance that Brian was a murderer, but... execution? She put the books she had been reading back on the shelf and headed to the kitchen to make breakfast. "I'll wait to vote until I have more clues..."

(I wonder if you can prove that...)

(There's two easy ways - using the Eye of Truth Misaki has. Or showing the PM you sent to me proving that I am. :P

Here it is:

I am here to inform you of a special role. A very special role, indeed.

You have been given the role of Private Eye. A keen eye for details, and one truth prevails, right? Do your duty, detective, and maybe your agency will get a handsome popularity bump.

Your goal is to eliminate all the murderers. During each night, you have the unique ability Investigate, which you can use on any one person, and you will find out something about them. If they happen to be performing an action, you will get a different result. You cannot perform Lock Door during the same night, but you can Catch and Investigate on the same night.

Examples of results gotten through Investigate:

- “Appears to have an attentive eye.”

- “Was following someone that night.”

- “Found doing suspicious actions.”

- “Emits a creeping feeling of power.”

- “The unmistakable stench of blood was on their presence.”

It’s up to you to decide what results are suspicious. Not everything is as it seems...

Investigate will cause you to leave your room IF your target is not in the same room as you.

You never said you couldn't do this :P

)

(There's two easy ways - using the Eye of Truth Misaki has. Or showing the PM you sent to me proving that I am. :P

You never said you couldn't do this :P

)

I can say that's a fake, which it is.

Also, guys, I forgot to mention this, but you are not allowed to screenshot PMs relating to this round or take pictures of them. You are allowed to fake them using quotes, however.

Another thing: I am not allowed to lie in response to a query. I am allowed to refuse to respond to a query if I believe responding honestly will unfairly influence the game, however.

The night phase is over and unfortunately, another man was accused of being a murderer. This is so much an expected development. Everyone's faces did not display too much tension, rather most are quite relaxed. However, lingering within everyone is the question – who used the catch. Not that it matters though. Em didn't care as long as it wasn't her. Must be the same for everyone else.

Em fiddled witht the bottle in her pocket. It was still full and made rattling sounds when she played around with it. She realized that all thoughts of investigation into who is the murderer seemed to have died and people are starting to make wild guesses and catching random fellas. 'We're totally being played around by that guy...(or girl... Whatever...)' Em thought.

She twisted open the cap of the bottle and poured out something from it. Wasn't very big, but shaped like a pill. Em put it in her mouth. 'Now lets see what I should do now...'

Em put the bottle back to her pocket as she passed through the corridors. As she disappeared into the shadows, a faint smile emerged from her face.

-----------

DAY 5 HAS ENDED, NIGHT 6 IS NOW

"I'm not surprised. You have decided to send Wicky to his death. Aha. Down to business." The man wordlessly took Wicky, tied and gagged him up, and slung him over his shoulder, and headed over to the master bedroom. Everyone followed.

The man put Wicky in the center of the mysterious circle, which everyone noticed had grew in size and became more intricate. The man rubbed his hands, then looked at the people watching him, and for a moment, a strange glance came over him. Was it...sadness?

The man turned back to the circle, and placed his two fingers on the circle, and the circle began to glow red again. Wicky tried to scream, the best he could at least under those gags, and eventually there was a sickening splatter. But this time, there was a strange whoosh of air, and the circle began to glow blue. The air grew cold, and the air kept blowing harshly around the room. Eventually, the glow stopped, and everyone began to recover from the glare. The man stood up, and rubbed his hands on his coat.

In the center of the circle was Ren, shivering and covered with blood. The man began to walk out of the room. "Looks like this was a success. You got your Ren back. And for goodness sakes...someone give him some clothes." He put his arm to his eyes, then walked around the corner and was gone.

======================================================================

The votes:

For [4]:

OTTD Player

AiSuigetsu

Heksu

Mohorovicic

Against [2]:

Wicky

Misaki-chan

> Ren-kun has been revived. That is all.

I can say that's a fake, which it is.

Also, guys, I forgot to mention this, but you are not allowed to screenshot PMs relating to this round or take pictures of them. You are allowed to fake them using quotes, however.

Another thing: I am not allowed to lie in response to a query. I am allowed to refuse to respond to a query if I believe responding honestly will unfairly influence the game, however.

But then you did lie, as you sent me the PM. Seriously, I'm really confused. Also, is using something that you added to part of the gameplay (the Eye of Truth) 'unfairly influencing the game'? And also, since I'm out of the RP now (I'm not a ghost, right?) I might just take a screenshot. :D

EDIT:// Got it, guise. :D

Please drag it into another tab ^^

But then you did lie, as you sent me the PM. Seriously, I'm really confused. Also, is using something that you added to part of the gameplay (the Eye of Truth) 'unfairly influencing the game'? And also, since I'm out of the RP now (I'm not a ghost, right?) I might just take a screenshot. :D

Please drag it into another tab ^^

...Look, he didn't say it was a fake, he said he could say so. He didn't lie, just manipulated his words. And he just said you're not supposed to screenshot any PMs, so really, if we're ever going to play DCW IRL smoothly, please just listen to your moderator. If you have anything you're not sure of that you aren't sure you should talk about in the thread, PM them.

Jamie pulled up her covers, trying to drown out the echoes of Brian's attempts at screaming. "God, this isn't going to end..." She paused to wonder whether he'd been innocent or guilty, but couldn't be sure of either.

...Look, he didn't say it was a fake, he said he could say so. He didn't lie, just manipulated his words. And he just said you're not supposed to screenshot any PMs, so really, if we're ever going to play DCW IRL smoothly, please just listen to your moderator. If you have anything you're not sure of that you aren't sure you should talk about in the thread, PM them.

(I really am confused, I think I will PM them, but really... But /you still didn't respond to my question Moho in your last post, could we/ would we been able to use the Eye of Truth? I'm ugh confused.)

(I really am confused, I think I will PM them, but really... But /you still didn't respond to my question Moho in your last post, could we/ would we been able to use the Eye of Truth? I'm ugh confused.)

I believe he mentioned that the Eye of Truth could not be used on you this phase but could on the next. However, it's still best to confirm with him and rereading the previous pages actually does help.

(@Wicky, I think what Moho meant when he said "unfairly influence the game" meant saying something OOC that could give the upper hand to a side. As far as Eye of Truth goes, only I can use it since it's my item so =X)

-----

Misaki waited for the night to come, rolling the newly gained eye in her hand. As the sun began to set, they decided to vote, just like with Aleksander. before she put her ballots in, she thought about it. Well, might as well vote for him. He did look suspicious. As she began to slip it into the box, she stopped. ... But where's the proof? She had no proof whatsoever that he was a murderer. So, quickly, she erased her vote before replacing it with a different answer and setting it into the box. Being the last one to vote, they emptied out the votes. Four for murderer, two for not. "I'm not surprised. You have decided to send Wicky to his death. Aha. Down to business."

Everyone looked in the direction of the voice. The man wordlessly took him, making sure to tie and gag him up tightly, before slinging him over his shoulder and left the room, going in the direction of the master bedroom. Everyone followed, as if a flock of sheep following the shepherd.

The man put the gagged man in the center of the mysterious circle, which everyone noticed had grew in size and became more intricate. The man rubbed his hands, then looked at the people around him. Misaki noticed that for a split second, his expression changed slightly. Was it... a look of sadness? She almost laughed. There's no way. He stuck us in this crazy game, why would he feel grief?

The man turned back to the circle, and placed his two fingers on the circle, and the circle began to glow red again. The person tried to scream, the best he could at least under those gags, and eventually there was a sickening splatter. But this time, there was a strange whoosh of air, and the circle began to glow blue. The air grew cold, and the air kept blowing harshly around the room. Misaki held her hair down, which was flapping wildly with the strong winds. Eventually, the glow stopped, and everyone began to recover from the glare. The man stood up, and rubbed his hands on his coat.

In the center of the circle was Ren, shivering and covered with blood. The man began to walk out of the room. "Looks like this was a success. You got your Ren back. And for goodness sakes...someone give him some clothes." He put his arm to his eyes, then walked around the corner and was gone.

Everyone stood silent for a moment before someone ran out, probably to get the young boy some clothes. Others flocked around him, talking to him and making sure he was ok. She merely watched the commotion around her go on from the wall. Her eyes never left the boy. He turned his head, looking at her and locked eyes for a moment. It was then she moved her mouth, forming one word:

Sorry.

(Hey, how about the 'deceased'? They still have their role?)

A voice plays, "This isn't over... Brian was die, closer to my revenge... Alexander, Brian, Jamie... These people must die..."

[so, I just got my internet back 20 minutes ago :D]

"I'm not surprised. You have decided to send Wicky to his death. Aha. Down to business." The man wordlessly took Wicky, tied and gagged him up, and slung him over his shoulder, and headed over to the master bedroom. Everyone followed.

The man put Wicky in the center of the mysterious circle, which everyone noticed had grew in size and became more intricate. The man rubbed his hands, then looked at the people watching him, and for a moment, a strange glance came over him. Was it...sadness? There's no way he can be sad...or is there? Gracie shook her head and decided to save the question for later.

The man turned back to the circle, and placed his two fingers on it, and it began to glow red again. Wicky tried to scream, the best he could at least under those gags, and eventually there was a sickening splatter. But this time, there was a strange whoosh of air, and the circle began to glow blue. The air grew cold, and it kept blowing harshly around the room. Eventually, the glow stopped, and everyone began to recover from the glare. The man stood up, and rubbed his hands on his coat.

If not for the blood on Ren's body, Gracie probably would have glomped him at that moment, but she decided to wait till he took a shower first. All she could do was stare in awe, finally muttering "Are you okay?" after what seemed like forever.

"Yes, Gracie, I'm fine." was the reply. And at that moment, Gracie could not stop the tears that poured out of her eyes.

[Yeah I know, weak ending <_< but too lazy~~]

But then you did lie, as you sent me the PM.

...Look, he didn't say it was a fake, he said he could say so. He didn't lie, just manipulated his words.

could we/ would we been able to use the Eye of Truth?

As far as Eye of Truth goes, only I can use it since it's my item

And also, since I'm out of the RP now (I'm not a ghost, right?) I might just take a screenshot. :D

I'll answer this myself. No, you are not out of the RP unless I kick you explicitly. And even then, you are still responsible for respecting the current round. You are a RP player, and even after you die, you retain information that can very well unbalance the game unfairly, and therefore you are still held to the "no screenshots" rule that all living RP players must also respect. For now, I am prohibiting your revival, and contemplating further action.

I'll answer this myself. No, you are not out of the RP unless I kick you explicitly. And even then, you are still responsible for respecting the current round. You are a RP player, and even after you die, you retain information that can very well unbalance the game unfairly, and therefore you are still held to the "no screenshots" rule that all living RP players must also respect. For now, I am prohibiting your revival, and contemplating further action.

Okies, I'm sorry. I've never been in a IRL before, just an RP, where there's not such set storylines. And Misaki, ahhh, I thought it was partly Moho's choice to. Okkkkayy. *Still confused by something*