Detective Conan World
tengaku squared

DCW IRL Round 4: Bloody Birthday

Jamie shuffled to the library, shutting the door and walking straight to a shelf near the back of the room. She glanced at the cover of a book before drawing it from its place. "Crooked House," she muttered. "Fitting." She sat in a chair in the corner and thumbed through the novel, thinking more about the current case than the one Dame Agatha had laid out within the pages. "Aunt Scarlet was killed on 'er birthday, in the middle of dinner... Then Kevin and Ari... The clues're few and far between, but I c'n figure it out if I just do a little investigatin', yeah?" She smiled and returned to her book. "I'll ask one of the oth'rs 'bout it later..."

(@heksu: ops. Edited)

--------

The Alex guy responded. But not the answer Em wanted. She asked again.

"I'm saying I trust you. I'm not asking whether you're the murderer. I'm asking who you think might be the murderer. Sheesh..."

Em waited for the answer. She thought to herself, if he answers weirdly again...

-----

Xd

Aleksander wasn't focused when Em asked question. And soon he noticed how stupid his answer was.

"Oh sorry. I think it's not Jamie, you or Gracie. And I think it wasn't Misaki. Maybe it's Brian but who knows.

Misaki walked around the house, the clacking of her heels echoing throughout the halls, processing all knowledge she had gotten from the man. So I know that swearing guy was killed in wild rage, the pervert has ben caught and is under suspicion of being a murderer, and that I now have a magical box that will kill me if I open it, though if I do the group gets information. Lovely. So much to go on.

She was still suspicious of the pervert, especially since he seemed to fixated that Ms. Scarlet was not shot, but stabbed in the head and even presented a bloody bullet to prove his point. However, it was quite possible he provided the bullet himself and took some blood from the victim just so he could say that. Because really. Who stabs someone in the head and then sticks a bullet in their head? While possible, it's unlikely.

Her fingers wrapped around the wooden box she was given before she began to toss it to herself. But the swearing guy's death is strange.... Wild rage is what the man said, but the murderers didn't do it. So that means the guy didn't do anything to provoke being killed by Ms. Scarlet's killers.

The halls fell silent as she stopped. A thought hit her. What if...

Misaki's mind flashed back to the once docile maid gone mad. That would make sense... After all, insanity can lead to unbiased killings.

"Lovely," she muttered to herself, "Yet another murderer to deal with..."

(I wonder what will happen in a draw? :V Now its 5 vs 5.)

After repeating her question again, the guy finally answered.

"Oh sorry. I think it's not Jamie, you or Gracie. And I think it wasn't Misaki. Maybe it's Brian but who knows."

'I see.' Em nodded. "Okay, thanks for the input. I'll see what I can do for you."

And Em left the guy behind.

--

After the meet-up, she decided to make her way to the library. Something to check, just to make sure.

'Oh yes. On the safe side...' Em turned a corner early than she's supposed to. She opened a packet of something, reached her hands into the packet, and pulled out something small. With a swift and minimal movement, she flicked it and it slid nicely under the slit of the door into a locked room.

'Hmmm~ Looks like it turned out to be useful after all~ Luckily I kept it~' Em started humming a song as she skipped her way to the library.

-------------------

Aleksander walked to the library at 17:30. He had to check one thing from book.

"Aah, luckily this is alphabetic library. Now let's see... C...Ce...Aah that's it Ch." Aleksander moved his finger just above the names in the books. "Now let's take a look at this Ten little niggers..

He took it and opened the book.

Jamie glanced at Aleksander. "Reading And Then There Were None? The participants in that were all criminals who'd gotten away with something, if you recall... Christie understood human nature frighteningly well..." She set Crooked House back in its space.

DAY 4 HAS ENDED, IT IS NOW NIGHT 5

Until the sun set, all the members fiercely debated their positions on Heksu's innocence. And then, it came to a vote. Curiously, 2 additional ballots, signed by Ren and OTTD Player were found, and were also counted in the vote. No one wanted to anger any spirits that day.

Once the ballots were counted up, it came to a dead tie. Everyone looked around, wondering what to do, and then the mysterious man walked into the room. "You chose to conduct a vote, it seems. And it's a tie." He walked over, and put his ballot on the table. He looked around, aware of the looks he was getting. "I believe the true master of the house gets a vote, no?" He looked around again, then turned his ballot face-up, revealing his vote for "Guilty".

"Well, I guess that's that." He walked over to Heksu, who was oddly calm, and grabbed him by the neck. Heksu began to glow, blinding everyone in the room. Once the light faded, Heksu was not there. In the man's hand was a glowing orb, which he hastily stuffed in his pocket.

The man sighed, then turned around to the group, an exasperated look on his face. "You do realized you killed an innocent civilian, didn't you? Your indecisiveness killed a fellow innocent!" He shook his head. "I'm going to have to punish one of you for this." He pointed his finger at Wicky, who crumpled in pain.

He walked over to Misaki, and whispered, "You didn't open the box, did you?" She shook her head. "I see. I'll leave that box in your hands. Open it if you wish."

He walked to the exit, and turned around once more, facing the group. "However, I admit you've shown more effort into justice by actually killing a suspect. That's not bad. As a bit of a reward...I'll bring one of the dead back to life. How's that for a trade? Either Ren or OTTD. Your choice. Of course, I can also attempt to bring back both, but that's a bit risky." He turned around. "If anyone needs me, I'll be in the master bedroom." He walked out into the hallway, and disappeared.

==================================================

> The vote for Heksu was tied. I decided it in favor of Guilty, and therefore Heksu was executed.

Votes in favor [5]:

Moho

Parkur

Wicky

Misaki

OTTD

Votes against [5]:

Akai Sera

Heksu

KKLT

Ren-kun

AiSuigetsu

> In ordinance with hidden protocol, I will now release Heksu's full role information. In addition, Heksu has fulfilled his winning conditions, and has now no further obligations to this round.

The Fool

Your goal is to die, by whoever’s hands it doesn’t matter. During each night, you have the unique ability Act Suspicious, which will cause anybody investigating you that night to get suspicious results. However, you cannot perform Lock Door or Catch during that same night.

Note, should you die by the hands of your fellow civilians, one of the civilians that voted for your death will injure themselves out of grief.

Act Suspicious will cause you to leave your room.

<Note: hidden information> Should you ever be killed, you cannot be resurrected, whether through action or events.

> Wicky is now injured, due to participating in the execution of Heksu.

> Because you successfully performed an execution, you may vote to resurrect either Ren-kun or OTTD Player. In addition, you may vote to attempt to resurrect both, but risk unintended consequences. I am not allowed to vote in this poll. In case of a tie, I will decide amongst the tied options.

(Example of an unintended consequence: The attempt failing, and a person also dying)

> Misaki keeps the box. Same terms apply.

NOTE: DUE TO HURRICANE SANDY, PHASE CHANGE IS DELAYED UNTIL THIS TIME.

(I though Parkur's vote didn't count =X)

-----

Everyone looked around, wondering what to do with the tied vote. "You chose to conduct a vote, it seems. And it's a tie," said the voice, walking into the room as he spoke.

He walked over, and put his ballot on the table. He looked around at everyone. "I believe the true master of the house gets a vote, no?" He looked around again, then turned his ballot face-up, revealing his vote for "Guilty".

"Well, I guess that's that." He walked over to the pervert, who was oddly calm, and grabbed him by the neck. He began to glow, blinding everyone in the room. Misaki shut her eyes, the brightness overwhelming to her eyes. Once the light faded, he was not there. But In the man's hand was a glowing orb, which was hastily stuffed in his pocket.

The man let out a sigh as he turned around to the group, an exasperated look on his face. "You do realized you killed an innocent civilian, didn't you? Your indecisiveness killed a fellow innocent!" He shook his head. "I'm going to have to punish one of you for this." He pointed his finger at Wicky, who crumpled in pain.

He walked over to her, and whispered into her ear, "You didn't open the box, did you?" She merely shook her head. No point dignifying this man with an answer. "I see. I'll leave that box in your hands. Open it if you wish."

He walked to the exit, and turned around once more, facing the group. "However, I admit you've shown more effort into justice by actually killing a suspect. That's not bad. As a bit of a reward...I'll bring one of the dead back to life. How's that for a trade? Either Ren or OTTD. Your choice. Of course, I can also attempt to bring back both, but that's a bit risky." He turned around. "If anyone needs me, I'll be in the master bedroom." He walked out into the hallway. No one followed him.

As the room fell silent, some probably feeling guilty over killing a civilian, others wondering about the deal to bring back the dead. As for Misaki, she was in neither group. Her thoughts were on the box. Her fingers curled around it, tracing the corners with her nails. I don't see the point in keeping this. I'm not opening it...

Jamie closed her fists and glared at the ground. Heksu was innocent, and now he was dead... "This isn't justice," she muttered, stalking to her room. She flopped on the bed and stared at her pillow, upset by the fact that the person she'd been talking to just hours ago was gone forever... "But we can choose to resurrect one of the dead..." Maybe there was a little light left.

NOTICE!

I have reset all inactivity counts, and will not enforce inactivity rules until the next phase change due to the unforeseen circumstances caused by Hurricane Sandy. I wish everyone affected the best of luck, and I have my fingers crossed and hope for your safety.

Inactivity rules will be reenforced starting from the next phase change. All members will have 5 days from then to show activity, or they will be kicked from the round.

I am now exercising my right to extend the round. Until otherwise noted by me, this round will now end on November 27th.

This does not mean the round is currently suspended. All members that can do so should remain active and post as usual. Use the extended phase to your advantage.

Any questions or concerns can be directed to me through PM.

(Here's the meaning of 'Ghost')

(Oh, man. If I won't 'revived', I gotta planning 'revenge')

(Ад ждет тебя = Hell awaits you)

A voice disturbed the inhabitans, "This is a last warning for the inhabitants of this mansion. If they WON'T resuscitate Ari, he won't guarantee about your safety. Ад ждет тебя..." Then the voice faded away.

(I'm in England so I'm nowhere near Sandy)

Brian crippled in pain. His Shouhen Sunday copy fell out of his hands. He had broken his left leg. Might be sleeping here tonight Brian thought, as he fell asleep.

Jamie listened to Ari's yelling, then shook her head and sighed. "Not gonna 'elp 'is cause ta threaten us..." she mumbled, walking to where her satchel was leaned against the bedpost. "But I do wonder whether a ghost's power could be useful in this investigation..." She took from the pack a magnifying glass, then went straight to the library to find a book on spirits.

The voice warns Jamie, "I NOT a ghost, and keep your mouth shut! If they aren't revive that body, happiness, joy and peace will eradicated by blood, iron and vengeance!"

(book on spirits? Interesting :P)

Em stumbled. The guy vanished.

So he lost his right to 'live' huh. Looks like he ain't coming back then.

Well, Em did her best to retain the poor soul but it looks like he was vanquished after all. Em felt a little guilty. She remembered the time where she wished he was killed. If her wish was so accurate she would have wished for many other things. Lottery might have been one of them. Another might be her job. But that was past and she has no choices for that now. She has to look to the future. She clasped her hands and made a wish. That she will leave the mansion alive and safe.

After all the commotion, she slipped out of the crowd, made sure no one spotted her and she made way to the bedrooms.

*Click*

Success. That meeting was nothing more than to obtain such a useful item. She slipped into the room filled with all the unknown stuff and her eyes scanned the surroundings, until she spotted something popping out from under the pillows.

'Yep that's it.' Em picked up the bag and unzipped it, revealing something that looked like a radio.

'This is too useful. Pity that poor soul for not knowing how to use it other than to spy on girls. I'll have it now then. Thanks. and Em headed back to her own room.