Detective Conan World
Wicky

What made you want to buy/read mangas instead of watching episodes?

If buy the manga, I can read it anywhere and anytime and if didn't buy the manga, I'll have to watch each episode in front of the TV or computer and that'll hurt my eyes.

Besides, you'll waste MORE money if you buy the CD than you buy the manga.

You see,

1 manga ~> RM4.90

1 CD ~> RM24-25 1 movie

~> RM50 for movie collection

~> RM180 for. . . (I don't remember :P )

* I use my money currency.

Nothing here, thanks for opening! ^_^

I read the manga first and then watch the episode to it when it comes out. With the manga, you can always see what happens first because the anime usually takes several weeks maybe even months to catch up. And yes, it is easier to carry around and you can read it anytime. But since I'm cheap and read it online most of the time it doesn't really apply to me ^^ Dvds are more expensive. I bought every Detective Conan movie dvd from 1-15 (minus Movie 7 I can't find that anywhere) and it probably totaled up to more than one hundred dollars. Anime boxsets are even more expensive.

Oh, but the Manga and Anime both have their perks! I enjoy the Manga because of Gosho's style. I just love the artwork, and love comics. But, the Anime brings an additional layer to the feeling of the characters being "alive", such as the colors, animation, voice cast, and the music that we've come to know!

I would like them both, please. B)

I go for the manga because it's a little more compressed in comparison, and the stories are done the way the author intended.

"The Strange Person Hunt Murder Case" and "The Shinkansen's Bomb Case" for example actually are part of the Black Organization storyarc whereas in the anime they are much more basic stories. Plus, the choice to omit Gin & Vodka as well as mentions of their Organization result in the plothole for "Game Company Murder Case" where Conan somehow knows their codenames and that they are part of an organization.

Not to mention that filler episodes like "Mountain Villa Bandaged Man Murder Case", "Luxury Liner Murder Case" and "Akaoni Village Fire Festival Murder Case" actually contribute to the story in the manga.

Plus, the reordering of certain stories meant that some scenes (like Conan adjusting to elementary school and Sonoko meeting him for the first time) are omitted from the anime entirely.

• Upvote 1

Going back to this thread, another thing that gives the manga a plus is as mentioned before that it's how the story is suppose to go.

In addition to the anime versions of "Mountain Villa Bandaged Man Murder Case" and "Akaoni Village Fire Festival Murder Case", they have minor plot hiccups due to their reordering.

1. "Akaoni Village Fire Festival Murder Case": Conan corners the suspect, but when it's apparent that he won't surrender and is willing to commit another murder, why doesn't he use his wrist-watch stun gun, which by the time of the anime version exists (in the manga, the stun gun came a bit later)?

2. "Mountain Villa Bandaged Man Murder Case": Conan plans to solve the murder through Ran, but gets Sonoko instead and has to settle for her.  Thus in the manga version, it's the first time she's used for solving a murder.  Now in the anime, she was used in solving the murder in the "June Bride Murder Case", yet the anime version of the MVBM Murder Case keeps Conan choosing Ran first rather than going for Sonoko (whom he used before)..

I read the manga and watch the anime.

It has been awhile, but I'm pretty sure I read the manga first.  I get the mangas from my library.  I watch the anime online.

I like both, but for me the advantage of watching the subbed anime is that the subs usually (but not always) have better translations that the American version of the manga, with its changed names and with all the honorifics dropped most of the time.

So far, I do not read the scanlations, which means that story wise I am behind many of you.  The only time I looked at a scanlation, it was really poor quality.  I would imagine that they are better under the DCTP, but I haven't gotten that far yet.  I'm probably going to catch up on all the subbed anime before I worry about scanlations.

I prefer the manga because the anime screws up a lot of things, such as the messed up order of episodes, this is especially a big problem in the Conan arc, the anime also changes a lot of clues from the manga which could lead into wrong conclusions, and finally I'm just the type of person that can't wait for the next story progression if it's already available in other medias. Although I read the manga from the scans, so in some of the early arcs(especially the Haibara and Vermouth arcs) the quality is bad, not to mention the translations for these old chapters are sometimes a pain to read. 

• Upvote 1

Hi! Can someone tell me what chapter in manga is when Kogoro Mouri became a suspect in killing Kisaki's co-lawyer? I've just watch it a few weeks before but I forgot to look on what chapter it is on manga. Thanks! By the way, I'm sorry if my question is not related to the title forum!

If we are talking about DC, i like the anime somewhat better because i like, if you can understand this, poetry in motion. DC has some of it for me that i like. Yes, i understan the problems with the manga and anime

In general its not even close when it comes to manga or comic book.

I like live action, does not matter if its animetrd or real people.

I hate that i have to read a comic book abou the last airbender instead of watching a catroon abou it. There is just talk there