Detective Conan World
Aeyra

DCW IRL Round 3

Erru accepted the bottle, but ignored Orchard's last statement. If he's one of those looking for Aeyra, I'll need his help... She wrung out her scarf, soaking it in the new water, and replaced it on Mark's head. She turned to Ren. "Do you think he'll need a paramedic?" She was concerned, but more worried about what Lokar was doing. She didn't know what had happened while she'd been knocked out, and Misaki was gone. She still didn't know where Sakila was, or if the others she'd contacted were safe. Memories of her last mission flooded back, and she closed her eyes, fighting nausea as she recalled the case crumbling around her, the lives lost, of those she'd thought of as friends... It's my fault for interfering... Erru stood. "Get him any help he needs," she told Ren, dusting off her pants. "I'll get the scarf back if I run into you guys again, but I've got to take care of some things..." She ran off without a glance back. "I won't let it happen again..."

[sorry for intruding, everyone, but is this guy the same one that I said kidnapped Misaki? The one with the blonde hair and glasses?]

[Oh, and my friend is insisting that I write Chick Flick luvs Hot Sauce. Please ignore this.]

Ren stood stiffly, blood dripping from his right hand. A perfect concoction of shock, regret and frustration was clearly present on his face. Still staring directly at the new character that surfaced, Ren's mind was more questioning than ever what with the girl saying that she was glad she found one of them... whatever the heck 'them' meant. The contact between them broke when Ren was handed a measly piece of what seemed to be dark chocolate. Ren was unsurprisingly suspicious of the girl and he would have stepped and crushed the chocolate shard hadn't the girl spoken and made Ren's eyes open more in surprise, something Ren thought wasn't humanely possible given how big his eyes already were.

"I was looking for Ren, Aster, Sakila, and a few others. Have you seen any of them? I'm Erru, by the way."

He felt like he was hit with a cold fish in the face but he instantly believed what she just said. She couldn't have had any knowledge of his name, or the other two's for that matter, if she wasn't Erru. That affirmation however brought about a new query in Ren's mind. Who was that guy who claimed he was the FBI agent? Of course, one of them could be a spy working for whoever kidnapped Aeyra so his wariness was present even though he was still in a little bit of a shocked daze. Ren was forced to oblige to what Erru told him to do as to not arouse any suspicion. Biting into the dark chocolate, one resounding thought lingered on his mind.

"I... I won't let anyone die on me. Never again..."

The last bit of his guilt-induced trance was lifted alleviated away from him when he saw Erru rush over to where a man was lying. Ren sprinted to where Erru and the man was, flashes of what he saw earlier proceeding to push through his mind. He found himself observing what Erru was doing and in the process starting to lean more towards the idea that she was the real deal and she'd have the answers he was searching for. His eyes followed Erru as she violently beat up the defenseless machine but for a very good and valid cause. Performing precautionary measures on the collapsed stranger, Ren couldn't help but admire Erru's intentions and actions. Up until the last minute, he wanted to swat away Erru's hands and do the first aid himself but he was glad he didn't.

"It's not nice to steal."

A woman's voice said which made Ren turn around. Her words were pretty much direct to the point and left before Erru or Ren could even ask her anything. Erru continued what she was doing which left Ren with no other choice but to watch in silence. "Do you think he'll need a paramedic?" The question took Re by surprise but he managed to squeak an answer. "I think so... I mean, he isn't responsive at all." Ren studied Erru's face. She was looking at the man directly but her eyes had something off in them, they looked... distant. "Get him any help he needs," Before he knew it, the girl was up on her feet and dusting her pants off. "I'll get the scarf back if I run into you guys again, but I've got to take care of some things.." Ren felt clueless about what was happening yet again. "Eh?!" With that, Erru bolted away from them. "Hey!" Ren called out to her but she was already too far away. He shifted his gaze onto the man and gently removed the wet towel from his forehead. A pang of adrenaline rushed through his brain as he tried his hardest to remember where he saw that face. Vowing to follow Erru as soon as he was done with the man, Ren patiently waited for the man to wake up. He had decided to wait a bit more before calling out to a paramedic.

((Sorry... lol))

Erru ran past the entrance of the airport, chasing the faint signal on the tracer she'd slipped Misaki. She knew that if they'd found it, the girl's captors could lead her into any trap they wanted, but she was sure they wouldn't know of her even if they found the device. She followed the signal to a building with a single sign that read, 'Kurosawa Hotel.' She scanned the doors and windows. "Alright... Now to get inside..."

*Okay! Time for me to screw everything up! Not really, but it's my job. :V*

"Looks like there's trouble coming up at the Kurosawa Hotel..." noted the man next to Aeyra, a tinge of worry in his voice. "With that mob in there, they're going to ruin everything. We need to either get everyone else out, or simply eliminate those pesky guys."

"Which one is easier?" she asked nervously. She didn't really know much about fighting- only pre-planned events were able to function well in her mind. And this was ruining the plan. "You have to do one or the other somehow."

"Then I'm sending in our people. They'll storm the building. It should only take a few minutes for them to get there."

(and now it's your choice to decide what's going to happen with the soldiers. :3)

(happens somewhere soon after Erru leaves)

In. Out. Alright.

When Mark came to, he realized Erru was gone. He remained on the ground, pretending to be unconscious. He took a moment to gather his thoughts. They weren't much. The breaking of one of the 'psycholocks' in his head did very little. His head stopped hurting, however.

"If I got this straight, though, Erru's going to be in trouble." The hallucinations of Aeyra and the girl came back to him for a brief moment, then he thought, "I'll gladly trade Erru in for a bushel of apples, but following her around may be good." He moved his hand slowly towards his holster. He had to be ready to move when Ren, who he knew was looking over him, put down his guard.

In a flash, Mark stood up and pointed his concealed pistol at Ren. The pistol was a diversion - Mark didn't plan to KILL anyone - for his arm that was reaching for Ren's neck. His arm cleanly hit Ren in the neck, knocking him out. He took off the coat he was wearing and threw it over the unconscious Ren. Then he ran to the Kurosawa Hotel, pistol ready but concealed.

There was one other girl there. He heard her voice. Where did he hear that voice before?

==============================

When he got there, he felt a rush of blood in his head. His head began to explode again, threatening to liberate itself from the prison known as the skull. Unlike last time, Mark managed to subdue the pain. He looked around. "Erru must've gone inside," he concluded. He walked inside, and admired the interior - for just a moment, of course.

Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed Erru going deeper into the hotel. He sighed. This was so obviously a trap. He went another way, to the storage closet, hoping to find a spare uniform. There was, although it was a loose fit.

He walked out of the closet, and followed Erru's tracks. He noticed the elevators. "Probably operated by a hotel worker. Not the best way to go up," he decided. Then he looked around. He was acting suspicious. Damn.

A hand grabbed his shoulder, and Mark whipped around in shock. Then he relaxed, then tensed up again. It was the doctor from back then, but how? The doctor handed him a heavy bag, and signaled, "Go with it." Mark nodded, then walked with the doctor to the elevators. The doctor motioned to one of the floors, and the man in the elevator nodded. The elevator moved to the designated floor. Right when the doctor walked out of the elevator, and Mark confirmed there was no else around, he knocked out the elevator man, then pressed the button which led the elevator where a suite was.

He scratched his head. "Where the hell is Erru anyway?"

Erru climbed up another flight of stairs, then looked behind her. She didn't know who had been following her, but she figured she'd lost them by now. "One more flight until I reach the tracer..." Erru glanced out the window; Lokar's men were out there, and they didn't look like they were allies of those in the hotel.

She wondered if Misaki had been brought here by a protection agency, or if they were just enemies of everyone who'd been at the airport. Cursing under her breath, she took the extra bandage wrapped around her leg and unraveled it, rewrapping it around her abdomen so that she didn't get anything on her open wound.

She knew from experience that you should never leave an injury uncovered in a fight. And she meant to fight as much as was necessary. "Alright..." Erru gripped the windowpane, hoisting herself up, and kicked out the glass.

She vaulted through the opening, switching her grip at the last second so that she was facing the wall. Silently, she leapt to a lower sill, barely keeping her balance. When she was low enough to avoid serious injury, Erru hopped down from her ledge, landing on her feet beside Lokar's vehicle.

She drew her pocketknife. "I don't know what you guys are doing, but if it involves attacking the people inside, you might want to change your minds."

Erru smiled as she took the bullet, dashing forward and slashing Lokar's hands with the knife. "A girl in there is key to a case I've charged myself with. I won't let anything happen to her..." She took out two guys' legs with a quick kick and slash. "I'm tired of watching everyone I care about die." Mom, dad, this is for you...

She gave a defiant, bloodstained smile, holding her arms out at either side openly. "You can take the shot now, if you give me your word that Misaki won't be harmed. I have no quarrel with your men, Lokar." She dropped her knife, watching his face. "If you don't promise me that, I'll fight you until the second my heart stops."

"It aint over! It aint over!" He then took the walkie-talkie and he hears his man are preparing a massacre and he told his man in Russian, "С нами Бог." (God is with us) He pulled a Uzi Carbine and he looked to Erru, "Sorry, But if you are really stupid you can hear this." He threw the walkie-takie andbegan to join his comrades.

"That won't do." Orchard was frowning, though whether at Erru or Lokar was unclear. "Look at this. Don't treat this girl like that. After all," she shot an ambigous look at Erru, "she's important to our operations." She pulled out an apple from her clothes and took a large bite out of it. Then she suddenly ducked in response to a bullet being fired. She stood up, and ran toward the one who fired the gun and hit him in the face. She wiped her hand on her clothes. "That's just rude."

She then glided over to Erru, and stared into her eyes. "I knew you would be trouble the moment I saw you." She hit Erru on the neck, knocking her out, and slung her body over her shoulder. She looked down for a moment, then looked back up. "I've got to report this to the boss."

A grenade rolled over at Erru, Orchard and Sasha shouted readied his M240, "Локар, трчи! Да ћу се побринути од ових угрушака док си убио ове гадове!" (Lokar, run! I'll take care of these clots while you killed these bastards!) Lokar then running to his henchmen to kill Misaki.

The grand hall was breathtakingly beautiful.

Giant golden glass chandeliers hung from the tall ceiling, beautiful lights with golden flashes surrounded the area. Several rich-looking people and business passed by Aquilas as she walked briskly towards the elevator, her hand holding Misaki's.

As she reached the golden elevators, she pressed the call button, waiting as the numbers decreased slowly. 4...3...2...Ding. The elevator's bell sounded as the golden elevator doors slid open, revealing a mirror-filled room and a man wearing a sleek brown tailored uniform with golden trims, probably the hotel's uniform.

"Please come in, ma'am," he said, gesturing his hands into the elevator.

Aquilas stepped inside and the man pressed the button for the floor with the grand suites.

Waiting patiently as the elevator rose, she looked sideways, and found herself staring into a pale-skinned girl with intense grey eyes. Beside her was the girl named Misaki, the person she was asked to bring.

Aquilas turned around and gazed at Misaki.

Misaki's face was bloodstained and filled with bruises. It was obvious she had suffered much before Aquilas took her.

Aquilas stared intently. Misaki's face....it resembles.....something. In Aquilas's mind full of mysteries, everything was unclear and vague, but she was sure Misaki's face was familiar.

Did I know her before? Aquilas asked herself. I don't understand...

Her thoughts were interrupted as a hard headache came, her mind again being unable to process anything.

Maybe...just maybe....this girl...she may help me find out who I am... The thought struck Aquilas's mind.

"Wh-what are you staring at?" Misaki muttered, shifting backward. She was nervous as she took a step back. Who wouldn't be after being under the gaze of striking steel grey eyes?

"It's...nothing," Aquilas replied, turning away. There was a moment of awkward silence.

"Hey...Misaki..." Aquilas said before being interrupted by the sudden opening of the elevator doors. They arrived.

"What?" Misaki whispered quietly as they stepped out. They walked straight forward, reaching a wide room with a long black couch. "Please wait here," a woman dressed in all-black appeared out of nowhere.

Walking away, she went into a corridor that ran down to the right.

"What was it you were asking earlier?" Misaki asked, sitting beside Aquilas.

"Ahh....it's...nothing," Aquilas once again replied. Misaki eyed her suspiciously.

Misaki's face was really familiar, but her mind failed to comprehend further than that basic familiarity feeling.

The woman appeared again. "This way, please." She led them down the corridor.

The corridor's side was made of glass--they could see the beautiful skyline view of the city. Looking down, Aquilas spotted four trucks parked below.

She knew things were becoming troublesome.

At the end of the corridor stood a door. "Go on," the woman said, and walked back, away from them, leaving Aquilas and Misaki alone.

Aquilas turned the door's knob. She slowly opened the door. Stepping inside, she saw a large teakwood desk and a black couch, same as the one in the waiting room, only this was shorter just a bit.

Behind the desk was a person. The person's face was unseen--darkness enshrouded the area behind the desk.

"Sit." The person ordered, straight and stern.

Aquilas and Misaki sat beside each other, equally terrified by this person who was directly in front of them, yet impossible to fathom.

"Now....trouble is brewing downstairs and I don't want you ladies to get involved with that," The person said. Aquilas heard the tink of wine glass as the person sipped lightly.

"And we also have company.....we'll just have to wait for them to arrive. Don't worry, they'll be here shortly."

Aquilas stared straight. Who might this person be? Glancing sideways she saw Misaki containing the same expression as hers--confused and nervous.

"Oh, and Aquilas..." The person handed a new body bag to Aquilas.

"Huh?" Aquilas muttered, taking the bag. "Hand me your first bag, I'll return it later," the person said.

This person seemed so carefree---as if they were just talking normally with two girls who had just escaped from a dangerous car-chasing event.

"And take this, too." Handing a glossy black rifle with silver patterns to Aquilas, the person smiled.

"You'll need it."

Aquilas heard gunshots below them. I'll surely need it.

"And please head outside, Aquilas, now." The person said.

"Wouldn't it be rude not to welcome our guests?"

Aquilas opened the door, walking slowly outside.

Lokar and his henchmen are reading their weapons to attack the hotel. Sounds of a moving elevator are heard. Zippers are opened, bulletproof vests are worn, and weapons are cocked and locked ready. The elevator opens on the grand hall. Peter Lokar and his henchmen readied their weapons. They walk out of the elevator. Lokar inflicts a vengeful attack on Kurosawa Hotel: they fire on the waiting civilians and security guards. They walk through the security checkpoint and continue to fire on civilians and security guards at the hall.

(Sorry, I'm at a math competition right now and I'll probably have internet issues for the next two days. ^^" I'm pretty sure you can all manage without me though! I think the plot is interesting enough without me ruining it every two days.)

Gunshots were heard outside.

Running as fast as she can, Aquilas headed out onto the hallway, to the waiting room, and through the long hallway and back to the elevator.

Her phone beeped. That person sent her a text message.

17th Floor. Good luck.

As soon as she pressed the call button, the elevator rose up steadily.

The doors slid open, and the hotel man who was inside earlier was nowhere to be seen.

Aquilas pressed the button to the 17th floor. She took out her rifle and waited as the elevator descended. Ding.

Aquilas stepped slowly outside.

It was a floor to the suites. Everything was classy and elegant, and it was supposed to be beautiful, but the area was filled with chaos and was messed up.

The place smelled of smoke and gunpowder. They must be here somewhere, Aquilas thought.

She walked straight onto the hallway, her eyes carefully wandering around the area.

As she walked further, she noticed a girl, probably older than her, lying on the floor and unconscious.

It was the same girl she had tranquilized at the airport earlier, which seemed like a thousand years ago to her now.

Aquilas checked the girl's pulse. "She's still alive," Aquilas silently muttered to herself, relieved at the thought.

Huh? Why...why was I relieved that she's still alive....? The confusing thought flooded her head.

Then there again was the stupid headache that always seemed to bother her whenever she had somehow found a little connection to her memories.

She shook the thought away. Aquilas looked over at the girl. Her face was bloodstained and bruised just like Misaki's and her breathing was a little shallow.

Somehow Aquilas had a feeling of affection for this girl, but she was unsure why. Her hand swept through the girl's hair, which was now messy and dirty because of all the action that had happened.

Aquilas moved the girl into a sitting position, the girl's head leaning on her shoulders.

The girl's eyes then opened a little, blinking continuously and rapidly, as if she was trying her hardest to focus her eyes on the face of the person who held her.

"S-Saki..la?" The girl murmured silently as she blinked, and little by little regaining consciousness.

"S-Sakila...? Is..that...you...?" The girl shifted, regaining her consciousness, gazing intently at Aquilas's face.

Sakila? The thought struck Aquilas's mind as she sat there, the girl still leaning on her shoulder.

An intense headache came once again.

Lokar can hear an elevator descended from his eavesdrop piece, he told his soldier, "От пола до люкс. План B это сделать." (Floor to the suite. Plan B do it.) his man detonates several C4 on the suite room and more of his man are coming from the north and Lokar with his henchmen are advancing, killing everyone inside.

Erru blinked her eyes open slowly, feeling numb and hollow. Her bullet wounds felt heavy and throbbed as she moved, but there was no sharp pain or lingering nausea. Her mind felt as blurry as her sight, which cleared over a matter of seconds. As her eyes focused, she saw a familiar face. It was the face of a girl she was supposed to meet at the airport; the unaccounted for girl she'd been worried about. "Sa- sakila?" she mumbled hoarsely. "Sakila... is that... you?" Erru closed her eyes and dropped her head with a relieved sigh and a half-smile. "You have no idea how worried I was... a few things have gotten out of hand, but I've got a lead on Aeyra."

Before she got a response, Erru noticed Sasha heading down the hall. "Sh**!" She was awake now. With a quick apology, she tackled Aquilas, shielding the girl. "Hold your fire, bastard!" she yelled, kicking the leg of a table. As the structure toppled, she let it fall before her, its surface standing between Sasha and herself. "This girl is innocent. Stand down!" Erru gripped the limb she'd broken from the furniture, ducking out from behind the table and chucking it toward Sasha. She moved back without waiting to see where it hit him. "Are you alright?" she asked Aquilas.

Sasha pulled a grenade, cooked it off and hurled towards Erru after he reloads his gun. Four of his man are arrived, one are armed with PM. md. 65 (Romanian AK), two with AKMSU and one with M4A1 Carbine. They all open fire