Detective Conan World
Guest Hajime Kindaichi

Just to be clear first, I support the thread and this topic. But it's not because of you or anyone, but because I'm also against the killing of the children (or against killing in general), especially if it's because of war or violence.

I do not agree with killing at all.

Children soldiers should not be used, and the death of children in any capacity. I don't even believe in the killing of adults, unless no other alternative is possible.

That said, since it was brought up... I will state my thoughts on abortion, I will not argue this point, and please be clear that this is my opinion as a scientist who has studied mammalian regeneration and after long deliberation, that MOST abortions are not killing anything. It is stopping conditions for optimal cell proliferation to occur thus preventing the bastocyst from forming or continuing to form. This happens naturally as well as induced. Other abortions, I believe it is best to leave it up to the parent. The point at which the baby is alive is subject to great debate. Sufficed to say I am pro-choice. I will not expand on why, because it gets more and more controversial, and I don't want to derail this thread. Please take this at face value.

Back to the main point. Killing = bad. Many things need to be done. But I'd like to remind everyone that this isn't the first time this has happened or is it likely to be the last. Each case of genocide, brainwashing and the like must be taken as is no matter the age of the subject or age. Stopping children from being soldiers or suicide bombers is just one step, but it always has to start at the source, which is usually a small group of people or one man. Careless action must not be taken, but rather calculated methods that will not negatively impact those children whom are already there. Or the peoples under the control of the man/woman/people in charge.

I honestly don't see how this will work as a petition but that's just me.

I do, however, agree that killing should be stopped. Using kids as soldiers is just cruel and immoral. You're taking away their entire childhood and that's something they can never regain.

As for myself, I can see how abortion is justifiable in certain circumstances. It's a painful process--people dont do it "just because." Yes, they should've been much more careful if they didn't want a child, but sometimes there are reasons why they chose to go on that path. I don't think that people should do it, but I don't believe it should be outlawed.

I think the one thing I find sad about abortion is that so many people in the world are infertile, unable to get a child of their own. And here is a woman who, probably because of some mistake, is now destroying her child.

Anyways, if you put yourself in that person's shoes for a minute, maybe you could understand. Maybe you could realize how hard it would be to raise a child, especially if you don't have the financial background to support it or if you're still in school. People like that...they can't raise a child. You're asking them to give up all their plans and their dreams just for a mistake they made, likely when drunk. Heck, you're asking them to give up their life...and chances are, they aren't ready to do that. Abortion is escape from all that. I admire those who, despite their mistakes, continue through with raising the child, but I can see why they would choose abortion as well.

Of course, if it's someone who goes around constantly doing this and constantly getting pregnant and going through abortions, I'll kick them out the 27th floor window.

Hmm......

What I hate right now is the fact that THE POOR CHILDREN ARE THE ONES WORKING HARD IN ORDER TO SUPPORT THEIR FAMILIES, MISSING OUT ON SCHOOL AND RUINING THE CHANCES OF THEM HAVING A BRIGHT AND PRODUCTIVE FUTURE, WHILE THEIR PARENTS ARE JUST LAZILY SITTING AROUND SMOKING CIGARETTES AND PLAYING WHATEVER KIND OF CARD GAMES IN THE STREETS. AND THE PARENTS WOULD PUNISH THE CHILDREN IF THEY DON'T EARN ENOUGH MONEY.

:(

Life is a strange thing. It takes years, love, money, food and such for a child to become an adult. Yet in a few moments, you can lose everything. It's a fragile thing, really.

I agree with how killing children is bad. Killing anyone is bad. But I don't really see how this will help anyone by just by making a topic about it here.

Life is a strange thing. It takes years, love, money, food and such for a child to become an adult. Yet in a few moments, you can lose everything. It's a fragile thing, really.

I agree with how killing children is bad. Killing anyone is bad. But I don't really see how this will help anyone by just by making a topic about it here.

This topic helps increase awareness and knowledge about the different kinds of things that may endanger our lives. By increasing our awareness we can be able to protect ourselves and avoid actions that may cause danger to us and or to anyone else. It's good to let everyone know about these stuff.

If we know the different things that may cause life endangerment, we can use it to our advantage and start to take action to protect ourselves as early as necessary.

"Prevention is better than cure." We should try our hardest to know more about things that may endanger our lives so that we'll be able to take action and prevent it from happening to us or to anyone else by helping them increase awareness.

That's why this thread is called "Life is precious, help protect it." By increasing awareness, we can be able to protect ourselves and by protecting ourselves we're also taking part in protecting lives.

herotimeplz.gif

This topic helps increase awareness and knowledge about the different kinds of things that may endanger our lives. By increasing our awareness we can be able to protect ourselves and avoid actions that may cause danger to us and or to anyone else. It's good to let everyone know about these stuff.

If we know the different things that may cause life endangerment, we can use it to our advantage and start to take action to protect ourselves as early as necessary.

"Prevention is better than cure." We should try our hardest to know more about things that may endanger our lives so that we'll be able to take action and prevent it from happening to us or to anyone else by helping them increase awareness.

That's why this thread is called "Life is precious, help protect it." By increasing awareness, we can be able to protect ourselves and by protecting ourselves we're also taking part in protecting lives.

herotimeplz.gif

While I agree no one should be killed, this kind of makes me think of Facebook where people go 'Like' to help cure cancer! Unless we actually volunteer to go to these countries or donate money (which I wouldn't recommend unless you trust the charity won't use the money for their own selfish means, which unfortunately, many do) to the cause, sitting here on the computer and typing 'I support the cause!' is going to do nothing. Most people already know this stuff after all. Unless you go sponsor a program that delivers speeches talking about these topics in poorer areas where things like this are more prevalent, I'm going to be honest and say we're not doing anything. If this is a petition, well... you have to be more specific than 'save innocent lives.' From what? I mean, you could start a petition telling NATO to protect children from becoming soldiers in Africa and they would listen if you got a few million signatures. (though... I bet they're already trying.) I think that's probably what Chels was trying to say, though, in less harsh and pessimistic tones than me. X) Words on the internet don't do anything on a small site like this- they only start to take meaning when taken into real life...

While I agree no one should be killed, this kind of makes me think of Facebook where people go 'Like' to help cure cancer! Unless we actually volunteer to go to these countries or donate money (which I wouldn't recommend unless you trust the charity won't use the money for their own selfish means, which unfortunately, many do) to the cause, sitting here on the computer and typing 'I support the cause!' is going to do nothing. Most people already know this stuff after all. Unless you go sponsor a program that delivers speeches talking about these topics in poorer areas where things like this are more prevalent, I'm going to be honest and say we're not doing anything. If this is a petition, well... you have to be more specific than 'save innocent lives.' From what? I mean, you could start a petition telling NATO to protect children from becoming soldiers in Africa and they would listen if you got a few million signatures. (though... I bet they're already trying.) I think that's probably what Chels was trying to say, though, in less harsh and pessimistic tones than me. X) Words on the internet don't do anything on a small site like this- they only start to take meaning when taken into real life...

By being here does NOT mean we're going on a petition. In fact, even a thread like this will be able to help even if it's just a little. We don't need petitions or stuff like that to help protect lives. And we aren't doing nothing. We can use this thread to increase awareness when it comes to protecting OURSELVES by means of more knowledge about it. The more you know, the more careful you could become. And we could apply stuff that we've known in real life, like being careful in our actions and helping others become more aware of the dangers, thus making them more careful too.

We just need to contribute KNOWLEDGE and AWARENESS regarding the different things that may endanger our lives. We could give helpful tips on how to be careful using this thread, thus making us help protect life even just a little bit because by doing so, we'll be able to protect ourselves by application of the different things we know.

By protecting ourselves, we protect life. By making others aware of the possible troubles and when they apply those things into real life, they'll be able to protect life too.

onioncleanplz.gif?1

• Upvote 1

Just to note, even with a petition of a million strong, it wouldn't encourage NATO to do anything. There are far more political and societal considerations to be made by NATO before they act. They could care less what 1 million American (and perhaps some European) people think. In the end its just an electronic record of some people who wanted to feel smugly superior because they signed a petition to try and have action made to help those poor children.

While it is true that awareness can be raised, I don't think anyone on this site is naive to the happenings of the world, so I'm pretty sure, at least on this site, awareness has already been raised.

• Upvote 2

Just to note, even with a petition of a million strong, it wouldn't encourage NATO to do anything. There are far more political and societal considerations to be made by NATO before they act. They could care less what 1 million American (and perhaps some European) people think. In the end its just an electronic record of some people who wanted to feel smugly superior because they signed a petition to try and have action made to help those poor children.

While it is true that awareness can be raised, I don't think anyone on this site is naive to the happenings of the world, so I'm pretty sure, at least on this site, awareness has already been raised.

where's the +eleventy billion button