27 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Anime (Choose)

• Detective Conan
    • Dragon Ball series (not GT)
    • Naruto series
    • Sword Art Online
    • Other...
    • Anime SUX.. manga FTW
    • BOTH anime & manga Suck... What the heck are you doing here?
    • Potatoes!!! Wooohhh!!

Mawaru Penguindrum

Genres:

Comedy, Drama, Romance, Tragedy, Psychological, Supernatural, Magical Realism

Plot:

A terminally ill girl named Himari Takakura died at an aquarium, only to be saved

by a strange hat that her brother(Shouma) bought for her. The hat takes over Himari's body and

demands for the two brothers to find the 'Penguindrum' in exchange for Himari's life.

Rating:

4/5 or 9/10 (MASTERPIECE)

Why do I like it?

Because I have seen no other so interesting as this one,

the character designs are good, the music and soundtrack are too,

and the plot with its ups and downs makes it unique. (I havent finished it

yet but I know it is good)

Bakuman:

Comedy, Shounen, School Life, Romance.

Plot:

Two friends team up to write a manga and hope to become the best mangakas in Jump.

Rating:

9/10 :P

^Manga's way better.

Kamisama No Inai Nichiyoubi. (Some of you might know it as Sunday Without God)

Plot(copied from MAL): God abandoned the world on Sunday. As a result, nobody in the world can die or reproduce. A little girl, Ai, is the gravekeeper for a village. She has prepared 47 graves for the eventual deaths of every member of the village. Later, a boy who identifies himself as "Hampnie Hambart, the 'Man-eating Toy'," which is coincidentally the name that Ai's mother left behind as the name of her father, arrives in the village and slaughters everybody.

My Plot: The anime is about the little gravekeeper, Ai. She was made a gravekeeper by the rest of the people in the village, strangely, no one ever died, but she kept digging graves everyday in case anyone did. She believes that a gravekeeper's job is to put the dead to rest. One day, after she finished digging graves she wandered into the village and met this guy who addressed himself as "Hampine Hambart, the man eating toy" Who killed everyone in the village. He ordered her to bury everyone. After she put everyone into rest she followed him around, and to her surprise he tells her the 'secret' all the village's people were hiding from her.

Rating: 6.5/10

Art: 8/10

Note: This anime is very slow-paced, which may seem annoying, but if you survived through the first three episodes you will definitely change your mind about it. It has extraordinary characters, too.

Note Note : JUST GO WATCH ITT ALREADY IT'S AWESOME!

Actually, there are places where the manga is inevitably rushed. The anime takes care of that.

*cough* Recommended Anime : Tonari no Kaibustsu-kun

Plot: A stoic emotionless girl goes to deliver flyers from school to a student that rarely comes to school because of his violent nature despite of which he is very innocent and childish. They fall for each other. Contains cute friendship girl and (in case you are a girl or Rose-tan) a hot, cold tsundere guy.

Actually, there are places where the manga in inevitably rushed. The anime takes care of that.

*cough* Recommended Anime : Tonari no Kaibustsu-kun

Plot: A stoic emotionless girl goes to deliver flyers from school to a student that rarely comes to school because of his violent nature despite of which he is very innocent and childish. They fall for each other. Contains cute friendship girl and (in case you are a girl or Rose-tan) a hot, cold tsundere guy.

Ah, Still finding the Manga better. Maybe it's because I got used to it, or because I was introduced to the Manga first.

MUST CHECK<3

Suisei no Gargantia

Genre:Action, Mecha, Sci-Fi

Plot: In a future where war is fought between humans in space and "Hidiazu" an alien species; a lieutenant; fighting in space gets trapped on Earth. Humans were thought to have been extinct on Earth are there. Ledo gets trapped on earth and is hulled in by a big ship called Gargantia. There, he meets Amy, a girl who wants to get along and show Ledo how to live things on Earth and away from the battle field.

Rating: 8/10

Note: Kinda is slow in the beginning but the ending does pick up a little. Also the ending may not be satisfying. 

Just saw Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood...  *-*

Its a must watch!

FMA Brotherhood.... I have to say is way better than FMA. Agreed, it is a must watch! 

Anime: Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Genre: nekketsu shonen

Plot: Gon Freecss is a 12 years old boy who dreams to become a Hunter like his father, to find him. Hunters are highly skilled people at various things who benefit a lot of things: access to restricted areas, high wage, reductions on method transportation (e.g. plane, train, bus, etc) and other privileges.

Why I like it: because of the storytelling, the charcter development, the fights, etc. basically everything. Nothing in this anime is black or white, everything is grey (sorry I don't want to tell you anymore to not spoil you). Gon is also arguably one the best anime protagonist I have ever seen.

Rating: 5/5 easily.

Anime: Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Genre: nekketsu shonen

Plot: Gon Freecss is a 12 years old boy who dreams to become a Hunter like his father, to find him. Hunters are highly skilled people at various things who benefit a lot of things: access to restricted areas, high wage, reductions on method transportation (e.g. plane, train, bus, etc) and other privileges.

Why I like it: because of the storytelling, the charcter development, the fights, etc. basically everything. Nothing in this anime is black or white, everything is grey (sorry I don't want to tell you anymore to not spoil you). Gon is also arguably one the best anime protagonist I have ever seen. Also just wait until the last arc you'll be blown away.

Rating: 5/5 easily.

Sorry for the repost my mistake.

60431l.jpg

Anime: Haikyuu!!

Genre: sports

Plot: Hinata, a vertically-challenged volleyball striker with the classic "untapped potential" (i.e.: he can jump), vows to surpass Kageyama after his team was crushed by Kageyama's in a middle school tournament. But when he joins Karasuno High School's volleyball team, he finds that his sworn rival is now his teammate. (MAL)

Why I like it: I've always been a fan of sports anime, but even besides the classic elements of superb dynamics between characters and individuality, Haikyuu really excels in other things like animation and comedy. It's incredibly entertaining, especially when a rally gets played up so it becomes more like psychological warfare than anything.

Also, Oikawa. 'Nuff said.

Rating: 5/5

Anime: Gintama.

Genre: Everything, well, the main genre is comedy.

PlotTwenty years ago, Edo-period Japan suffered a great cultural shock—the aliens called Amanto invaded the Earth, overpowered the nation's government, and outlawed the carrying of swords by the once proud samurai. Moreover, the aliens took the people's jobs and are currently running Japan as a sweatshop using the natives as laborers. In this strange new era are Gintoki Sakata, an eccentric samurai whose personal trademarks are his naturally permed silver hair, his love of anything sweet, and his addiction to Shonen Jump; Shinpachi Shimura, the teenaged heir of the Kakido-Ryu style; and Kagura, an incredibly strong alien girl from the powerful Yato clan. The trio are self-employed in an odd jobs shop called Yoruzuya Gin-chan, which offers to do almost anything for a price, from finding lost kittens to saving the world. Unfortunately, the jobs rarely go as planned, or pay enough to cover the pain and suffering the employees encounter—never mind their rent.

Why I like it: Every character is unique and hilarious, the comedy is pure gold, but that's not just what makes Gintama good, at first glance Gintama might seem like just a simple parody series, but it has it's own plot, and trust me, when Gintama is serious, it's really serious, the serious arcs are some of the best arcs I've ever seen. The amount of foreshadowing is insane, stuff that are revealed hundreds of episodes later might be actually mentioned in the early parts as jokes or really subtle lines. I love how Gintama can switch genres without it feeling weird.

Rating: 5/5.

• Upvote 1

static1.squarespace.com_.jpg

Anime: No Game No Life

Genre: fantasy/comedy

Plot: A brother and sister pair of NEETs (shut-ins wholy devoted to games, anime, etc) suddenly find themselves in the fantasy world of Disboard, where all conflicts are settled through games. The story follows their journey to defeat Tet, the one and only god of Disboard.

Why I like it: It's silly, full of fanservice, and without a true ending, but I really enjoyed the over-the-topness of it all. Disboard has a bright and colorful, out-of-this-world design that melds well with Madhouse's superb animation, and the games they play are usually derived from simple games we play but blown up to whole new levels. (Seriously, some of it's just crazy.) It's a fun series that has little baggage, but I'm sure many will enjoy the ride.

Rating: 4/5

I'd definitely recommend Shokugeki no Soma! I found it entertaining to watch and I almost always never notice that ~20 minutes have already passed and the episode is almost over. The visuals are amazing (the dishes are so visually appealing and hunger-inducing) and it has, in my opinion, a great cast ensemble.