27 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Anime (Choose)

• Detective Conan
    • Dragon Ball series (not GT)
    • Naruto series
    • Sword Art Online
    • Other...
    • Anime SUX.. manga FTW
    • BOTH anime & manga Suck... What the heck are you doing here?
    • Potatoes!!! Wooohhh!!

Okay this is pretty self-explanatory.. if you like an anime so much and you want to share it's awesomeness.. just post it here..

RULES

• Tell us the genre of the anime..
  • Tell what it's about
  • Rate it from 1 - 5* (okay... you dont HAVE to rate it)
  • Why you like it
  • Try not to put any overly Generic anime here (naruto, dbz, bleach.etc) im not saying they're bad im just saying we all know about them

Here's mine...

Sword Art Online...

Genre:

Shounen, Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Mystery, Romance, Sci-Fi

What it's About:

(Taken from AnimeCrazy.net)The only way to escape is to 'clear' the game. Death in game means actual 'death' ---- The ten thousand who have logged onto the as of yet mysterious game 'Sword Art Online' using their Nerve Gear have been forced into this perilous death game and are trapped inside. Protagonist Kirito, one of the many gamers, has greeted this 'truth'. He plays as a solo player in the giant castle that is the stage for this game ---- 'Aincrad'. To meet the conditions of clearing the game and leaving this twisted virtual world, he must get through all 100 floors. Will Kirito have what it takes to clear the game, or will he die trying?

Rating:

∞/5

Why i like it:

Simple it's the BEST anime ever created...

Okay...Okay.........

• It keeps the flow steady (it doesn't break the flow with a stupid joke)
  • the art and music are flawless
  • the script has thousands of memorable quotes
  • the characters are PERFECT (not only the good characters, but you not only hate the bad guy you despise him)
  • the plot probably won't sell this, but the way the story is told is BRILLIANT

And the rating up there is staying, but this is how i really feel about Sword Art Online..

Art: 5/5

Music: 5/5

Script: 5/5

Characters: 5/5

Story telling method: 5/5

-Natsume Yuujin-cho (Natsume's Book of Friends)

-It's about a teenaged boy who can see youkai/demons/spirits, and dealing with the repercussions of his grandmother having the same gift. She fought them and formed a contract with them, taking their names to put in a book, and making them servants. The book is now a highly sought after item.

-It is absolutely my favorite anime, and follows quite close to the manga. (some chapters are rearranged)

-It's very well written in a slice of life mixed with monsters sort of way. I find it utterly cathartic in that I've always seen ghosts and other strange things, and suffered as a result of that. The characters are very engaging people you would want to be friends with.

Overall, it has a very good mix of raw emotions and humor, and can be very relaxing to watch and enjoy. The color scheme of the animation is exceedingly well done, giving it a very immersive and realistic tone.

(It's on Crunchyroll, fyi)

Here is my recommendation although it is fairly new and still airing, I really love it.

Anime: Arcana Famiglia

Genre: Action, Romance

Plot: Basically about an organization(Arcana Famiglia) protecting the island from danger. Each member of the organization has special powers that are bonded or corresponds to certain Taro Cards. One night, "Papa"(head of the organazation) announced that he would be retiring and therefore, would need to find a new "Papa". He announced that there would be a competition(Arcana Duelo) where all the people with powers would compete for the title and for his only daughter's hand in marriage. He also promised that the winner of the Arcana Duelo will be granted any wish from himself.

Rating:???

Why I like it:I like this anime because you find the mysterious powers that each person holds plus I also love how the heroine of this story is not willing to give up her freedom and will be fighting for her own fate. They are also going through trials that will make them stronger in order for them to be stronger for the Arcana Duelo.

That's all I have and it is currently airing right now.

Here is my recommendation although it is fairly new and still airing, I really love it.

Anime: Arcana Famiglia

Genre: Action, Romance

Plot: Basically about an organization(Arcana Famiglia) protecting the island from danger. Each member of the organization has special powers that are bonded or corresponds to certain Taro Cards. One night, "Papa"(head of the organazation) announced that he would be retiring and therefore, would need to find a new "Papa". He announced that there would be a competition(Arcana Duelo) where all the people with powers would compete for the title and for his only daughter's hand in marriage. He also promised that the winner of the Arcana Duelo will be granted any wish from himself.

Rating:???

Why I like it:I like this anime because you find the mysterious powers that each person holds plus I also love how the heroine of this story is not willing to give up her freedom and will be fighting for her own fate. They are also going through trials that will make them stronger in order for them to be stronger for the Arcana Duelo.

That's all I have and it is currently airing right now.

That's one of the top animes in my to-watch list, Art is 100% Awesome and that's what attracted me to watch it.

I'll edit this later to post some of my Recommendations/Must watch animes.

I know this is for recommending anime, but personally I didn't like Arcana Famiglia and I've already dropped it. People say the art is good, but it's not that clean and there aren't any great fighting scenes like I had hoped. The story plot is also a bit flat in my opinion, with no twists or turns that make it exciting. It also tries to be humorous at times, but it usually doesn't work for me. I personally would give it a 2/5, but that's just me.

I guess I should recommend something.

Anime - Sword Art Online

Genre - Adventure, Action, Romance

Plot - The plot definitely won't sell anyone, but here it goes anyway. In the near future, a Virtual Reality Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (VRMMORPG) called Sword Art Online has been released where players control their avatars with their bodies using a piece of technology called Nerve Gear. One day, players discover they cannot log out, as the game creator is holding them captive unless they reach the 100th floor of the game's tower and defeat the final boss. However, if they die in the game, they die in real life. Their struggle for survival starts now... (by the way, I just took that from MAL)

Rating - 4.75/5

Why I Like It - Though the plot is as generic as it can get, the plot is told and executed amazingly. When it tries to be action-packed, it's action-packed. When it tries to be romantic or cute, it's romantic or cute. When it tries to be sad, it's sad. Characters, art, and music are all brought together exceptionally. If you look around the anime community on various websites, you'll find this is quite the highly-acclaimed new series and is taking the anime world by storm. Though that most likely has to do with the successful light-novel. Definitely check it out!

Let's see,

Kokoro Connect:

Genre: School Life, Slice of Life, Romance, Supernatural.

Plot -First of all, the story isn't that interesting, rather the way the characters interact with each other is what got me into it. It's got plenty of funny scenes, but at the same time it gets very dramatic. The story is about a group of 5 students, 3 girls 2 boys who are put into different kinds of supernatural effect by some spirit or something called Heartseed. This is surprising within realistic expectations. If you'd rather have the official summary of the plot, sorry but I'm too lazy :P

Art -It's not bad, I find it similar sometimes to K-on, but it is unique, realistic but manga-like enough. Strong outlines aren't used, and the backgrounds have the somewhat 3D effects now expected in the newest anime which are coming out.

Sounds -the openings and endings, I haven't really listened to since they couldn't pique my interest, but it's techno music and piano stuff.

Why just everyone love Sword art online? Lol.

Anime; Tari Tari.

Status; Aired. [Currently, It's subbed till episode 9 on some sites, and till episode 8 on others, Episode 10 is Scheduled to be aired next Sunday.]

Genre; Comedy, Musical, Slice of life & School life.

Plot; [Copied, from MAL]

The last year of high school is always a time of both looking forward and looking back. Before you lives the future, alternately bright and scary. Behind you lie memories, both happy and sad. And somehow, in the course of one year, you have to reconcile those two and decide where your life is going to go.

For Wakana Sakai, who had started studying music, it's time to face the tragedy that made her abandon that path. For Sawa Okita, it's about her dreams of riding professionally. And for Konatsu Miyamoto, it's about bringing her friends together through the magic of song. Can something as simple as the formation of a chorus club really help solve the hurts and pangs that come with growing up? Can music bring people together despite their differences?

My Rating; 3/5. 1.5 goes to plot, 1.5 goes to art.

Why do I like it?; I love animes with good quality's art, and I also love musical animes which explains why I like it.

Note; Don't compare this to K-on, they're nothing alike.

I'm loving "Tari Tari", and I'd also like to recommend two non-current series - "Kimi ni Todoke" and "Sakamichi no Apolon" (aka Kids on the Slope), both of which are high school romances

"Kimi ni Todoke" focuses on Kuronuma Sawako, whose sweet demeanor clashes hard against her dark outward appearance, and Kazehaya Shouta, the boy she meets on the first day of high school. The story is cute, if a little cliche at times, but the art is absolutely gorgeous.

"Sakamichi no Apolon" focuses on a rich boy who grew up studying piano, a delinquent who likes to play drums, and the girl who has to choose between them. Everything revolves around jazz music, and while it's set in an older era, it's hard to tell which one, aside from mention of the Beatles (who obviously didn't play jazz, but their popularity does help to mark time frame). Even though it's set in an older era, the art is clean... and what really hit me on this one was the music

• Upvote 1

I know this is for recommending anime, but personally I didn't like Arcana Famiglia and I've already dropped it. People say the art is good, but it's not that clean and there aren't any great fighting scenes like I had hoped. The story plot is also a bit flat in my opinion, with no twists or turns that make it exciting. It also tries to be humorous at times, but it usually doesn't work for me. I personally would give it a 2/5, but that's just me.

I guess I should recommend something.

Anime - Sword Art Online

Genre - Adventure, Action, Romance

Plot - The plot definitely won't sell anyone, but here it goes anyway. In the near future, a Virtual Reality Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (VRMMORPG) called Sword Art Online has been released where players control their avatars with their bodies using a piece of technology called Nerve Gear. One day, players discover they cannot log out, as the game creator is holding them captive unless they reach the 100th floor of the game's tower and defeat the final boss. However, if they die in the game, they die in real life. Their struggle for survival starts now... (by the way, I just took that from MAL)

Rating - 4.75/5

Why I Like It - Though the plot is as generic as it can get, the plot is told and executed amazingly. When it tries to be action-packed, it's action-packed. When it tries to be romantic or cute, it's romantic or cute. When it tries to be sad, it's sad. Characters, art, and music are all brought together exceptionally. If you look around the anime community on various websites, you'll find this is quite the highly-acclaimed new series and is taking the anime world by storm. Though that most likely has to do with the successful light-novel. Definitely check it out!

Watch the current episode.... there is the twist right now.... episode 9... I don't know if this is what you are looking for but it is one.(Arcana Famiglia)

Oh and Lol! I was just about to do another one about Sword Art Online! Sword Art Online is also my fav because I can't stop watching it continuously between Arcana Famiglia and Sword Art Online! I love thems both right now!

Oh one criticism I have to say about Sword Art Online it that sometimes, I don't like the two month, three month time skip.

Oh one criticism I have to say about Sword Art Online it that sometimes, I don't like the two month, three month time skip.

I haven't read the light novels, but apparently the novels are really in depth and detailed and the producers have to cut out a few scenes to fit everything in the planned 25 episodes.

I haven't read the light novels, but apparently the novels are really in depth and detailed and the producers have to cut out a few scenes to fit everything in the planned 25 episodes.

Yah I herd that too but they could extend it to more and if the 25 episodes are a success they maybe be able to go futher with the story.

Yeah... Sorry DC but i have a new favorite anime... Sword Art Online...

Oh.. And guys i bet that even if it is only a 25 episode series.. They would still have 2 or 3 additional series.. (hajime no ippo, hayate no gotoku, the world only god knows.etc)..

Or at the very least consider doing so......

Yeah... Sorry DC but i have a new favorite anime... Sword Art Online...

Oh.. And guys i bet that even if it is only a 25 episode series.. They would still have 2 or 3 additional series.. (hajime no ippo, hayate no gotoku, the world only god knows.etc)..

Or at the very least consider doing so......

They will have a few more seasons to the story if they actually want to finish the story.

Honestly... after weeks of thinking, i have decided i will be fine if they cut the anime in to seasons.

good things to come from this

• less or no filler
  • they get more time on episodes
  • a delay in the season creation can lead to Sword Art Online cravings which can increase sales...

Bad things

• no episodes for months or even years
  • they might make the 2nd season not a continuation of season 1
  • voice actors could change (Sword Art Online right now is the most PERFECT anime i have ever seen)
  • the graphics could change (Sword Art Online right now is the most PERFECT anime i have ever seen)
  • the writers could change (Sword Art Online right now is the most PERFECT anime i have ever seen)
  • the directors could change (Sword Art Online right now is the most PERFECT anime i have ever seen)
  • the producers could change (Sword Art Online right now is the most PERFECT anime i have ever seen)
  • FINAL: lack of Sword Art Online can lead to Increased suicide rates

SAO is a 5.2/10 for me, where 6 is average, so SAO is average erring on the side of bad.

Good stuff:

- One of the best soundtracks I've heard in a while.

- Beautiful animation.

Bad stuff:

- Characters. I hate the characters (I used to like Kirito, but less now).

- Unoriginality. We have seen virtual death-matches before.

- Unmoving. I am literally unable to sympathize with the characters. Nor does my heart beat during the action scenes, or I cry during the sad scenes.

I recommend Chu-2 (full name: Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai).

Rating: 8.6/10 (good, erring on the side of great)

Good stuff:

- Interesting concept, nice look at a chunnibyou's perspective.

- Characters. Especially Rikka and Yuta's relationship. Shinka gets a notable mention because of a flip-flop in personality. Also, I'm pretty sure you know someone in your life like Makoto.

- Animation. Mainly when we see things from Rikka or Sanae's perspective.

- Soundtrack. The opening and ending songs. And also, during the chunnibyou battles.

Bad stuff:

- Maybe more than one scene from chunnibyou perspective, cause those are animated spectacularly.

- Pace. Moving a bit too fast, but not too bothersome.

• Upvote 1

SAO is a 5.2/10 for me, where 6 is average, so SAO is average erring on the side of bad.

Good stuff:

- Beautiful animation.

Bad stuff:

- Unmoving. I am literally unable to sympathize with the characters. Nor does my heart beat during the action scenes, or I cry during the sad scenes.

Good stuff:

- Characters. Especially Rikka and Yuta's relationship. Shinka gets a notable mention because of a flip-flop in personality. Also, I'm pretty sure you know someone in your life like Makoto.

- Soundtrack. The opening and ending songs. And also, during the chunnibyou battles.

Bad stuff:

- Maybe more than one scene from chunnibyou perspective, cause those are animated spectacularly.

^ +1 for recommending Chu-2~

Good stuff:

- Beautiful animation.

Bad stuff:

Good stuff:

Bad stuff:

Oh.. well

i didn't make this to judge people's opinion...

i respect everyone's opinion

*sigh* even people who decide to like Justin Bieber...

even if i don't like the thing they like doesn't mean I'm right..

PS... THIS IS NOT A LECTURE!!!

oh and ill try Chu-2

Guilty Crown

sci-fi fantasy and.. i forgot.

Overall: 8.5/10

Plot: 7/10

Art: 10/10

Music: 9/10

Characters: 7/10

Artwork, music, and plot is beautiful. it's painful to watch the characters to suffer, but emotion just flows well in the whole story imo.

I really respect redjuice999, my #1 favorite artist, for the character designs.

but something about the flow of the story didn't feel connected... i say those ratings for now, but that might change if I actually watch the whole thing.

as for SAO,

I actually enjoy it a lot reading the Light Novel. but I'm very disappointed in anime...

Like Mohorovicic said, the music is great. I haven't heard a good orchestral themes in long time, and the song makes me feel like I'm playing an MMO or actually going on an adventure.

and yes, they did make the animations nicely too.

though...

I can feel the intensity of the story... probably I was really into it since I used to be hardcore MMO player... and I read the novel twice... or I'm just too excited and can't focus on what I should focus on.

The emotions characters make, sadness, happiness, anger, fear... creating the whole atmosphere of the situation... I thought it was good.

Characters... idk, it's not bad, but not as good in a way...

what I really hate? nothing really, other than major difference from LN... you don't get the same feeling...

overall: 6.5/10

art: 6/10

music: 8/10

plot: 7/10

character:5/10

and LOL Chu-2!

Love the idea of story. I laughed quite a lot. even though I've only watched 2 ep...

I don't have time so I'll skip details...or make it short.

overall:8/10. I should watch the whole thing before I rate, but I'm really enjoying it.

character: 9/10 their personalities made me laugh a lot.

plot: 8/10 nice plot, i like where this is going.

music:... not sure yet.. i'll leave at 7/10

art: 8/10 not half-bad. I mean, i saw few clips before and the battle scenes are definitely amazing imo.

and LOL Chu-2!

Love the idea of story. I laughed quite a lot. even though I've only watched 2 ep...

I don't have time so I'll skip details...or make it short.

overall:8/10. I should watch the whole thing before I rate, but I'm really enjoying it.

character: 9/10 their personalities made me laugh a lot.

plot: 8/10 nice plot, i like where this is going.

music:... not sure yet.. i'll leave at 7/10

art: 8/10 not half-bad. I mean, i saw few clips before and the battle scenes are definitely amazing imo.

You know what? I really went to search for Chu-2 and I was pretty shocked that results told me it was porn. :V

I think perhaps you should put the full name of this thing for less misunderstandings:

> Chūnibyō Demo Koi ga Shitai

:P

You know what? I really went to search for Chu-2 and I was pretty shocked that results told me it was porn. :V

I think perhaps you should put the full name of this thing for less misunderstandings:

> Chūnibyō Demo Koi ga Shitai

:P

ah. if that was the case, you have to search chunni since the number is read in japanese too. lol that made me laugh XD