Detective Conan World
SingSweetNightengale

Do the Movies go between the episodes???

Not normally, no. I mean you will see some episodes and hear something mentioned cuing into a movie sometimes... however, that doesn't make or break things. I do recommend watching the anime first at least for a while so you get all the characters introduced in order but it is all up to you. Each viewer is different.

I did asked the same question. There are episodes that said something like 'who would have thought that there will be case following' or something like that. I witnessed it in 2 episodes where one , with the detective boys, had to go on a ship but found themselves entangled in a case. At the end of the episode Conan said something like they wouldn't have guessed that there will be a case on the ship they are going. And the other episode was about Tohto tower or something like that. Conan had a case there and the next day he was supposed to go with the detective boys and a case appeared. 735 The coded invitation. Though at the end Conan said "Nobody could have ever suspected that another shooting waiting for us at Bell Tree Tower" , but never got a continuation of the case. Maybe it is one of the movies, I don't really know. It's frustrating to have them said that another case will occur but on the next episode you have another case. :/

Here's a general guide. Movie 12, 13, 14, 15, and 16 all have an "OVA" labeled as "Magic Files" to go before or after each movie. After Magic File 6, Episode 694, 735, and 774 were aired as preludes to the movies that year. They aren't really overly connected, but usually just had a bit of dialogue for the movie at the end of each episode. If the pattern follows, we should see the episode for M20 on April 16th.You could watch almost all the movies regardless of where they "fit in", but if you wanted to watch the movies in relation to their air-dates... You could follow the list below.

After Episode 54 - Movie 1

After Episode 97 - Movie 2

After Episode 140 - Movie 3

After Episode 186 - Movie 4

After Episode 231 - Movie 5

After Episode 275 - Movie 6

After Episode 315 - Movie 7

After Episode 356 - Movie 8

After Episode 393 - Movie 9

After Episode 434 - Movie 10

After Episode 470 - Movie 11

After Episode 504 - Movie 12 (Watch Magic File 2 before this movie)

After Episode 535 - Movie 13 (Watch Magic File 3 before this movie)

After Episode 570 - Movie 14 (Watch Magic File 4 after this movie)

After Episode 613 - Movie 15 (Watch Magic File 5 after this movie)

After Episode 655 - Movie 16 (Watch Magic File 6 before this movie)

After Episode 694 - Movie 17

After Episode 735 - Movie 18

After Episode 774 - Movie 19

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Here's a general guide. Movie 12, 13, 14, 15, and 16 all have an "OVA" labeled as "Magic Files" to go before or after each movie. After Magic File 6, Episode 694, 735, and 774 were aired as preludes to the movies that year. They aren't really overly connected, but usually just had a bit of dialogue for the movie at the end of each episode. If the pattern follows, we should see the episode for M20 on April 16th.You could watch almost all the movies regardless of where they "fit in", but if you wanted to watch the movies in relation to their air-dates... You could follow the list below.

Thank you so much, this will really help.

I will watch the episode again and then the movies again  :D  :D

Yeah, there are some prelude episodes for the later movies, but generally they are separate.

At first I really thought is was separated but then I saw some prelude episodes. So I thought maybe they missed some episodes but then I watched the movies and thought they actually match in a sense :P :P

Mods say: Please don't double post. Edit your previous post to add a new quote or use the multiquote feature

On 15/01/2016 at 6:00 AM, Heliotropic said:

oh wow thank you so much! this is really helpful! at least now I know I have to read the manga or watch the episodes

to get a better understanding about some new characters.. :"D