Detective Conan World
IdentityUnknown

DCW IRL General Info and FAQ

DCW IRL Round 10  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a special DCW IRL Round? (takes place during the summer)

• Yes, definitely.
    • Probably.
    • If I have time.
    • Most likely not.
    • No.
    • Undecided.

Yup. Except that I mentioned other members can join as normal players. Something like a complete the sentence game but more complexed with dcw irl rules. You might want to make it simpler by introducing more rules like maximum 5 lines, make it simple, can control other players etc, or you can just remove it altogether (no members except modding people) I would prefer if everyone can join and work towards a specified goal or something to that extent. This way there would be more interaction and more people can help to point out the inadequates of the system.

Hmm, I suppose it could be considered but it's a little vague at the moment and needs working out.

Yep. and I'm sure you'll come up with something good :)

Meh. You never know, I might disappear and never come back. You'd never know.

Anyways, I think that we'll consider that after we've decided whether or not the moderating class is a good idea. Any more ideas about improvement or whether or not it's good?

Meh. You never know, I might disappear and never come back. You'd never know.

Anyways, I think that we'll consider that after we've decided whether or not the moderating class is a good idea. Any more ideas about improvement or whether or not it's good?

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! Please don't disappear! D:

Hmmm currently not much ideas. Think we can come up with ideas and improvements as we go along. what are your thoughts about it currently? If you already got something, then we can give it a little try first.

Update:

If DCW is inaccessible or has messages of malware, the IRL round(s) in progress will be put on hold until messages are cleared and accessibility is restored. After messages are cleared and accessibility restored, players have three days to try to make it back. I'm really sorry for everything that's been happening to the players of the current round and would like to amend this as soon as possible. I'd also like to apologize to everyone for everything that's been happening and take full responsibility for it. In particular, I'd like to say sorry to Lovestruck, who I treated unfairly despite everything that was going on. Since things have become difficult to manage, DCW IRL is put on hold until after Christmas, and possibly even after that depending on the circumstances.

Again, I'm sorry for the way I've been acting for the past couple of days. It was immature, irresponsible, and rude.

Any questions should be messaged to me.

Alright, so we're going to restart DCW IRL slowly, with some changes. Again, I'd like to say sorry for what I said before Christmas.

First, we're going to try to avoid DCW IRL on the major holidays (New Years, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, etc.). If there are rounds during that time, they'll be paused for the holidays (New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, Thanksgiving Day, Easter Sunday, etc.). For longer holidays, we may pause for a week or more, subject to discussion amongst the moderators involved.

If there are any rounds running at that time that players are concerned about, I'd ask you to refrain from signing up. We know that real life takes priority over an online game, but we'd like to keep this enjoyable for people who do want to join.

Instead of kicking immediately (and this is still up for debate, any questions or suggestions should be put forth to me), players will be suspended if they do not post for three days. If they return within a period of three days after their suspension, the moderator of the round and global moderators (who keep everything in check) will listen to their explanation. The moderators will have a discussion and vote on whether or not the player may be allowed to resume playing. Past rounds may be considered during this discussion. When the moderators have come to an agreement, they will tell the player and either remove the suspension or kick the player.

Hopefully everyone finds this more fair than it was before.

Merry Belated Christmas and an Early Happy New Year!

A section on head moderators and global moderators is now in the DCW IRL Moderator Signup Thread. I'm not sure how the plan discussed by IU regarding inactive players will go; I personally think it has a bit too much red tape, but we will have to see.

I'm not sure how the plan discussed by IU regarding inactive players will go; I personally think it has a bit too much red tape, but we will have to see.

Like I said, it's still up for debate and I haven't added it in officially yet. Sometimes people need to be forgiven.

And if you think it has a bit too much red tape, I'd gladly listen to any ideas you have to adjust it or to scrap it.

Hey everyone,

IRL has been somewhat inactive recently due to exams and other interferences in real life. However, soon it will be around spring break and nearing the end of the year.

If you're able to be active in DCW IRL, I'm sure that the moderators would love to have some input from you as to how DCW IRL is, how it's been working, and what we should improve. Also, suggestions for future DCW IRLs you'd like to see and participate in would be great. :)

Cheers!

This is just a minor complaint, and it's only really affects me, because I keep track of who participated where, but anyway; should I replace peoples' usernames (ex. Akai Sera --> Sparrow) when they change them, or should I leave them as is? I did already replace the ones already archived, but I want to know if people like it, or they think it's unnecessary.

If someone changes names in the middle of a game, then having a post mentioning it would be useful for everyone. After that, just using the new name should work. If you have the original name in earlier posts then outside of the first one (where you could strike through the original and have the new one placed after it) there shouldn't be much reason to change it. Unless you meant something different?

I don't really change names, but if I ever do, I think I'd prefer people to refer to me as my new name. But for archiving purposes, I think it's better to use the old names. If it is not too troublesome, I think we can just include a "changed name" section infront. So all previous old names need not be changed. People just have to refer to the changed name section to see if any previous member has their name changed.

I would use the name that they had at the time. To have to go through and replace names would be a bit taxing over time.

I agree since I constantly change my display name.

The DCW IRL Moderator Signup Thread mentions it, but we will be doing something special for the 10th round. Likely. Most definitely. It will be exciting, though at this point in time I have no idea what it is. Maybe.

Poll has been put up about the special DCW IRL round. There is a pretty good chance that there will be a special round with an unlimited amount of participants, but we'd like to see how many people would be free and interested around that time.

The Special Anniversary Round has been posted! There is no limit to the number of roleplayers for this round and no time limit (in honor of the original DCW IRL round). Everyone should head on over and join up!

Hey guys:

DCW IRL is going to be on hiatus for the holiday season. One reason is that Secret Santa is also going on (which I am hosting) and we want you guys to participate fully in the event, but more importantly, we want you guys to enjoy your holiday season and not be busy with DCW IRL, instead spending time with your families and friends.

In related news, KKLT will leave her moderator position. This was a joint decision by IU and me, and we feel its the most prudent decision. We will not be making any other changes to our crew at this point in time.

DCW IRL will restart in the month of January, and we'll have plenty of fun things planned then! Keep tuned for more news!

Happy holidays!

The DCW IRL crew

Some unfortunate news came to my attention during the start of this month, and I figure it's a good time to make it public, with the forums back up.

IdentityUnknown will be officially stepping down from DCW IRL moderation. She was one of the original DCW IRL RPers and the person that pretty much started this entire thing, and I'm sad to see her leave. She has entrusted me with the entire DCW IRL operation, and I'll try to manage it the best I can, even with my hectic schedule.

Any PMs regarding DCW IRL should now be directed to me, as IdentityUnknown will no longer be online as frequent as before. All moderator requests for future rounds, naturally, should also come to me. I'll figure out something regarding the Moderator Signup Thread and Discussion Thread, as IU holds both opening posts and I can't edit those.

IdentityUnknown will remain affiliated with the DCW IRL project as a more advisor-type role, and should she ever wish to rejoin I will gladly welcome her. Until she confirms this, however, I will remove her from the official list of moderators.

I would also like to take this moment to ask the community a serious question: is DCW IRL headed the correct direction? I've seen a steady decline of activity since the beginning of DCW IRL and its earlier rounds, and I want to make DCW IRL a success. Please reply with any comments and suggestions you may have through this topic and PM. Thanks so much!

Mohorovicic