Detective Conan World
IdentityUnknown

DCW IRL General Info and FAQ

DCW IRL Round 10  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a special DCW IRL Round? (takes place during the summer)

• Yes, definitely.
    • Probably.
    • If I have time.
    • Most likely not.
    • No.
    • Undecided.

Hmm. How can we know if we've been approved or not?

After the deadline is closed, I will let you know.

Does this mean that the theme will be decided before we submit the application and we have to submit the application according to the theme?

All rules besides the first come first serve rule applies?

The theme will be announced by Tuesday, September 25th. Your post does not have to be relevant to it, though your character may need to be.

All rules besides first come first serve apply.

So, if I were sign up now via PM and post my character and sample post today. Correct?

(PS: What's meaning of sample post?)

No. I apologize if I caused confusion with the time (been trying to operate timeanddate.com and somewhat failing). You may begin to submit your applications starting next Thursday, September 27th, at 12 AM Eastern Standard Time (EST) and you may not submit after Sunday, September 29th, 12 AM Eastern Standard Time. Depending on the number of applications I receive, you will likely receive an answer by Tuesday, maybe Monday if I don't have too much work piled up.

The meaning of a sample post is just basically a roleplaying post that you write (or have written) that you believe is a good representation of your writing skill. It can be of any length on any subject as long as it is a roleplaying post.

So...the players would be chosen according to the number of points they receive~

And to determine how many points we need to show off our writing skills...

onistressplz.gif?1

So...the players would be chosen according to the number of points they receive~

And to determine how many points we need to show off our writing skills...

onistressplz.gif?1

Points will play a role, but we will also be observing how you work with others in the current DCW IRL rounds and using that information to determine whether or not you make it.

Points will play a role, but we will also be observing how you work with others in the current DCW IRL rounds and using that information to determine whether or not you make it.

What do you mean working with others?

foxwhaplz.gif?1

What do you mean working with others?

foxwhaplz.gif?1

Do you go along with other ideas? Are you flexible? Do you take other people into consideration with your posts? Do you get in arguments? These are all things that will be considered when we review your application. Really straightforward.

Do you go along with other ideas?

Nope.

Are you flexible?

Nope.

Do you take other people into consideration with your posts?

Nope.

Do you get in arguments?

Yup.

...Looks like my chances of getting in are slim. :V

For AU DCW IRL.

Application Outline:

Name:

Height:

Weight:

Appearance: (photo or description)

Personality: (at least one good paragraph is recommended, more is encouraged)

Background: (at least one good paragraph is recommended)

Dislikes:

Sample Post: (of decent length)

Poll Question

Should we have a "moderating class"?

A moderating class would probably be a small group of people, first come first serve. It would be a basic course (details still a little sketchy) on moderating with a different person moderating each week. Critiques would be given at the end of the week from peers and the teacher(s) as well as a score/rating. Classes would probably be classes of 5 and each session would last for 5 weeks or so. We might have a few classes simultaneously.

Vote yes or no in the poll. After the 5-week course, the teachers will determine whether or not the "graduates" are fit to mod DCW IRL rounds. Those with the teacher's approval may sign up for modding, even if they have yet to experience two DCW IRL rounds.

Class? You'll teach us how to moderate?

Something like that. We'll discuss the best ways to moderate and how to work on it. Each week, we'll have a mini RP and one of the "students" will moderate it. At the end of the week, we give critiques and feedback on each other's performances. Then, next week another student will moderate, and so on.

Somehow I don't really feel comfortable with the idea. I would agree if it's something like sharing and learning session, but having to have be graded and pass something seems like a very uncomfortable idea. Originally, dcw irl was made so we can spur our creativity and have some fun. So I believe we shouldnt take it too seriously... Of course I understand that one might need some degree of skill and a certain degree of proficiency in their language (and possibly charisma as well) to make the story interesting and successful, and perhaps to you and many others, not everyone has the capability to do so and yet might wanna try with moderating or something, which might possibly be one of the reasons you thought of this idea. It's a great idea to make more people interested and stuff, but Im not sure I'm very comfortable with the rules. If you read deeper, it somehow gives the impression that if you don't pass you shall not be allowed to host a round or something...

And like rose has mentioned, if there is a grading system, then things would get complexed. Who will you assign as 'teachers'? How will you 'teach' the students? How will you grade or critique? Based on what scale or system? If the 'student' does not make it, will you tell them 'you fail!' or something? Will that hurt them?

Is my opinion on the matter. Actually, learning how you guys moderate and trying out in practice sessions with critiques sounds interesting to me. Just the scoring and grading part is a little... :/ But if Im somehow misunderstanding something or wrong somewhere, please feel free to correct me.

Somehow I don't really feel comfortable with the idea. I would agree if it's something like sharing and learning session, but having to have be graded and pass something seems like a very uncomfortable idea. Originally, dcw irl was made so we can spur our creativity and have some fun. So I believe we shouldnt take it too seriously... Of course I understand that one might need some degree of skill and a certain degree of proficiency in their language (and possibly charisma as well) to make the story interesting and successful, and perhaps to you and many others, not everyone has the capability to do so and yet might wanna try with moderating or something, which might possibly be one of the reasons you thought of this idea. It's a great idea to make more people interested and stuff, but Im not sure I'm very comfortable with the rules. If you read deeper, it somehow gives the impression that if you don't pass you shall not be allowed to host a round or something...

And like rose has mentioned, if there is a grading system, then things would get complexed. Who will you assign as 'teachers'? How will you 'teach' the students? How will you grade or critique? Based on what scale or system? If the 'student' does not make it, will you tell them 'you fail!' or something? Will that hurt them?

Is my opinion on the matter. Actually, learning how you guys moderate and trying out in practice sessions with critiques sounds interesting to me. Just the scoring and grading part is a little... :/ But if Im somehow misunderstanding something or wrong somewhere, please feel free to correct me.

Okay, I was a little unclear. Critiquing does not equal grading. Critiquing means you look through the RP with a critical eye and you give feedback. It's not "grading." Passing or failing is not what I'd used to describe it. The "teacher" just says if they feel you're ready to moderate a real round. We need more people to moderate who we believe can keep the storyline going. If you don't "pass", or if you don't sign up, you're still allowed to host.

Again, there is no grading system. I may have mentioned scoring/grading before, but I don't know what I was thinking originally.

Okay, I was a little unclear. Critiquing does not equal grading. Critiquing means you look through the RP with a critical eye and you give feedback. It's not "grading." Passing or failing is not what I'd used to describe it. The "teacher" just says if they feel you're ready to moderate a real round. We need more people to moderate who we believe can keep the storyline going. If you don't "pass", or if you don't sign up, you're still allowed to host.

Again, there is no grading system. I may have mentioned scoring/grading before, but I don't know what I was thinking originally.

I see. Guess I misunderstood. XD

In this sense, this feels like a more formal sharing and learning session by experienced mods and wannabes.

Will this be public? As in, will others be able to view the thread? (or will this be conducted in pm?)

Would it be better if everyone can participate in this instead of only a few people?

Btw voted yes because this is a good idea since this has potential with adequate planning. However, I feel that perhaps we should let people be more familiar with the dcw rounds first (especially since dcw irl is still in its experimental stages)?

Just an idea... You might like to test out this idea in...(let's say) a mini round with a simple theme. Instead of signing up to participate, members sign up to mod - so there will be a few people modding at the same time. Once decided, together with the help of a 'teacher' they come up with a simple plot and then take turns to mod. So this one will be a fast paced round for 'students' to learn and all other members who haven't tried participating in dcw irl to play around? Hmm... I know this sounds complexed.. You can choose not to accept this, but the idea is to test it out. No harm in trying~

• Upvote 1

Hmm... I know this sounds complexed.. You can choose not to accept this, but the idea is to test it out. No harm in trying~

I want to argue against this idea, but I have no argument against it, so sure, why not.

I see. Guess I misunderstood. XD

In this sense, this feels like a more formal sharing and learning session by experienced mods and wannabes.

Will this be public? As in, will others be able to view the thread? (or will this be conducted in pm?)

Would it be better if everyone can participate in this instead of only a few people?

Btw voted yes because this is a good idea since this has potential with adequate planning. However, I feel that perhaps we should let people be more familiar with the dcw rounds first (especially since dcw irl is still in its experimental stages)?

Just an idea... You might like to test out this idea in...(let's say) a mini round with a simple theme. Instead of signing up to participate, members sign up to mod - so there will be a few people modding at the same time. Once decided, together with the help of a 'teacher' they come up with a simple plot and then take turns to mod. So this one will be a fast paced round for 'students' to learn and all other members who haven't tried participating in dcw irl to play around? Hmm... I know this sounds complexed.. You can choose not to accept this, but the idea is to test it out. No harm in trying~

Hmm, something like that. I suppose you could put it that way.

That's still up for debate, on whether or not it should be public or not. I'd like for everyone to join in, but that'd be a little difficult so we might do two smaller sessions simultaneously (first come first serve). If we get really complex, we can have different subjects that you can choose (with very small "classes") and we can have different "themes"...but let's wait until we decide if this is a good idea or not.

Let me see if I got your idea right. People sign up to mod, have maybe one week to decide on a simple plot and then rotate in shifts on modding when the round starts? Is that correct?

Hmm, something like that. I suppose you could put it that way.

That's still up for debate, on whether or not it should be public or not. I'd like for everyone to join in, but that'd be a little difficult so we might do two smaller sessions simultaneously (first come first serve). If we get really complex, we can have different subjects that you can choose (with very small "classes") and we can have different "themes"...but let's wait until we decide if this is a good idea or not.

Let me see if I got your idea right. People sign up to mod, have maybe one week to decide on a simple plot and then rotate in shifts on modding when the round starts? Is that correct?

Yup. Except that I mentioned other members can join as normal players. Something like a complete the sentence game but more complexed with dcw irl rules. You might want to make it simpler by introducing more rules like maximum 5 lines, make it simple, can control other players etc, or you can just remove it altogether (no members except modding people) I would prefer if everyone can join and work towards a specified goal or something to that extent. This way there would be more interaction and more people can help to point out the inadequates of the system.