Detective Conan World
IdentityUnknown

DCW IRL General Info and FAQ

DCW IRL Round 10  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a special DCW IRL Round? (takes place during the summer)

• Yes, definitely.
    • Probably.
    • If I have time.
    • Most likely not.
    • No.
    • Undecided.

/me finds thread :o

Not sure when I'm going to join this, but I probably will at some point so~ :lol:

Well, one thing we can do to prevent people from complaining why they weren't able to sign up quickly is to announce the date and time of the sign-up time beforehand. So it's first come, first serve. So...if we announce it beforehand....people will be able to expect when it will be and try their best to be there when the time arrives.The time and date should be specific, but...because of timezones.....Well, what we can do to overcome that timezone problem is instead of posting the date and time as it is, why not post it like:

THE SIGN-UP WILL START IN 3 DAYS AND 6 HOURS. 

So that people will know when it'll start and expect it. Well...they just have to compute the time, of course.onioncleanplz.gif?1

Although, maybe having it more like...

...where you also link to a website like that could be useful. Just go onto timeanddate.com and look for the event time announcer, then choose the time you want. Should make it simpler for players in different timezones and won't take much more time on behalf of the mod of the round.

Also, for godmodding, would a compromise where people can choose who they 'hand over' their character to? So, if they don't want to be godmodded, well... they won't be, and others can PM the mod to say who has control over their character. The mod can then announce in the thread who is allowed to.

Not the best solution if no one decides to hand over their character, but it should work for those for and against godmodding hopefully :lol:

(I feel like I'm just taking DCTP Mafia ideas and applying them to this :|. Sorry D: :xxx)

• Upvote 1

/me finds thread :o

Not sure when I'm going to join this, but I probably will at some point so~ :lol:

Although, maybe having it more like...

...where you also link to a website like that could be useful. Just go onto timeanddate.com and look for the event time announcer, then choose the time you want. Should make it simpler for players in different timezones and won't take much more time on behalf of the mod of the round.

Also, for godmodding, would a compromise where people can choose who they 'hand over' their character to? So, if they don't want to be godmodded, well... they won't be, and others can PM the mod to say who has control over their character. The mod can then announce in the thread who is allowed to.

Not the best solution if no one decides to hand over their character, but it should work for those for and against godmodding hopefully :lol:

(I feel like I'm just taking DCTP Mafia ideas and applying them to this :|. Sorry D: :xxx)

You know, that seems good to me. That way, you're somewhat in control still, but the story still moves along.

Stop's idea is good. We can take a vote on it in a while.

To join this round or not...I think not. It's a great idea, but...school. >> Dorm life is already killing me and we haven't even officially started classes.

He definitely lives up to the title of "Stopwatch".

onioncleanplz.gif?1

Alright, I'm needing input about a possible AU themed round. I'll be moderating it and it will be acceptance upon approval. This means that not everyone will be accepted. If you are accepted, your character profile will be added to the first post. If you are not accepted, I'm sorry. This is just a trial run on a system other than first come first serve. There will most likely be another round at the same time, so please take time to consider which one you would like to join.

There will be 8 spots. The theme has not been determined, please do not send me any character bios before the theme is publicly announced.

AU themed rounds can become extremely confusing and we need a good group of players to get us started off, just so we see if it has any chance of working at all. Any questions can be stated below or PMed to me.

I'd also like to request that Aeyra gather some feedback after the conclusion of her round.

We might also do a newbie round for all of you people who still haven't gotten to signups in time yet.

Alright, I'm needing input about a possible AU themed round. I'll be moderating it and it will be acceptance upon approval. This means that not everyone will be accepted. If you are accepted, your character profile will be added to the first post. If you are not accepted, I'm sorry. This is just a trial run on a system other than first come first serve. There will most likely be another round at the same time, so please take time to consider which one you would like to join.

There will be 8 spots. The theme has not been determined, please do not send me any character bios before the theme is publicly announced.

AU themed rounds can become extremely confusing and we need a good group of players to get us started off, just so we see if it has any chance of working at all. Any questions can be stated below or PMed to me.

I'd also like to request that Aeyra gather some feedback after the conclusion of her round.

We might also do a newbie round for all of you people who still haven't gotten to signups in time yet.

If I may ask what's required?

And too much rounds cause confusion~ I think two are more than enough, but of course you don't need my opinions.

If I may ask what's required?

And too much rounds cause confusion~ I think two are more than enough, but of course you don't need my opinions.

Yes, two rounds max going on at the same time. And your opinion is valued.

Requirements are likely to be (don't take my word on this as it may change), character profile/bio and a sample post. You can write a new one or you can just copy and paste an old one. Nothing too complicated.

How about the October round, since I'm already in the September one, can I also participate in the next one, or is it just for newbies/people who never participated?

The AU round will be open to all who submit applications and are accepted.

The other October round will be governed by Moho, pretty sure he'll accept you if you make it on time though since he's modding it I can't say for certain. I haven't decided on whether or not to do a newbie round and since we already have two rounds scheduled for October, I'm going to go ahead and say that it's not going to happen in October.

Hope that clarifies things.

The AU round will be open to all who submit applications and are accepted.

The other October round will be governed by Moho, pretty sure he'll accept you if you make it on time though since he's modding it I can't say for certain. I haven't decided on whether or not to do a newbie round and since we already have two rounds scheduled for October, I'm going to go ahead and say that it's not going to happen in October.

Hope that clarifies things.

Ah. We really need more details because I'm just getting confused.. Please update us with information.

And is it just me who thinks that a month is really not enough? Because seriously some people -without mentioning names- Take like forever to continue.. We really need more time.

Ah. We really need more details because I'm just getting confused.. Please update us with information.

And is it just me who thinks that a month is really not enough? Because seriously some people -without mentioning names- Take like forever to continue.. We really need more time.

This.

I mean, a month would be enough if say like it's summer for everyone but most people are in school right now. Maybe extending it to a week or two would be good.

I will update you with information, however, I cannot answer questions that have not been asked.

Again, we've discussed this. Aeyra went along with the one-month rule, but the time may need to be extended. Again, we have a one week extension period though that has not been used as wisely as it should be. We took a vote and so far it looks like it's up to the mod. The default time period will probably be extended to I'm thinking one and a half months.

Any requests for information on the next round can be directed to me through PM.

Expect one from me soon, then.

I will update you with information, however, I cannot answer questions that have not been asked.

Again, we've discussed this. Aeyra went along with the one-month rule, but the time may need to be extended. Again, we have a one week extension period though that has not been used as wisely as it should be. We took a vote and so far it looks like it's up to the mod. The default time period will probably be extended to I'm thinking one and a half months.

Okay, thanks.

Poll is officially closed. Since the votes are pretty close, I'm going to go ahead and say that the minimum length of each round will be 6 weeks, not including a 5-day extension. Mods may lengthen (or shorten) after discussion with me.

May I remind the players of the current round that time is short. You have ten days left, fifteen including extension, to wrap up your story.

New poll will be put up with concerns about the AU round. Signups for the round will begin at this time. After next Thursday, you have three days to submit your character profile and sample post. Character profiles should include name, nicknames (if any), age, appearance, background, and personality. This is the criteria that I will be using:

Character:

- uniqueness (3 points)

- realistic or not (1 point)

- place in the story (2 points)

- grammar/spelling (5 points)

- creativity (3 points)

- entertainment (5 points)

- length (1 point)

The maximum points you can earn is 20 points.

Notes:

Place in the story - Does your character fit in the story well? How does he/she come in?

Length - Is the post too long? Is the post too short?

Entertainment - Does the post keep the person entertained and the story moving?

Any other questions can be PMed to me or posted here. The AU topic will be revealed by Tuesday, September 25th. A topic will be posted with further instructions.

EDIT: For this round, there will be a total of 5 players. It will not be first come first serve, all applicants will be considered at the same time and given an equal chance to compete for the top 5 spots.

EDIT: Oh, great, I've got three days. I thought I was supposed to post at 6 AM O____o

Yes, for fairness to all, you have three days to sign up and signups start in a week. Your character bios and sample post will be PMed to me, only approved players should post in the AU thread.

Yes, for fairness to all, you have three days to sign up and signups start in a week. Your character bios and sample post will be PMed to me, only approved players should post in the AU thread.

Hmm. How can we know if we've been approved or not?