Detective Conan World
Black Demon

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] File 828-830 (Blush Mermaid)

THIS THREAD is used to discuss about SPOILERS. In other words, if you only read the English version and wish to wait for the official release instead of getting spoiled, this is NOT the right place for you !

RULES OF THE SPOILER-ONLY DISCUSSION THREAD:

1. Any kind of spoiler involving the case (Pictures, Texts, Information, Full Scans...) of any language that is released before the actual English version MUST be posted HERE. The English translations of the spoilers must also be posted here. Please DO NOT share them at the thread made for English-files readers only, in ANY form (NOT even in spoiler boxes).

2. Any kind of discussion involving the spoilers MUST be posted HERE. Please DO NOT reveal, give hints or talk about any information or event (that has not yet happened in the English releases) at the thread made for English-files readers only, in ANY form (NOT even in spoiler boxes).

3. Despite being a Spoiler-only thread, EVERY spoiler and discussion involving events that has not yet happened in the English releases STILL has to be put inside Spoiler boxes. When the mentioned file is officially released in English, this is not necessary anymore.

4. NO DIRECT LINK to Original Japanese scans (RAWs) or to ANY English manga scan because we don't want to have any problem with lawyers. (Japanese spoiler pictures are allowed as long as the amount and quality of which are very very far away from a full scan, like the ones we usually have).

Q&A:

1. Why is this whole thing necessary ?

A: Click here.

2. Why do I still have to use Spoiler boxes here ?

A: In case some member (who only follows the English files) get confused, misclick, or just simply get in the wrong thread... etc., this rule is made NOT to let spoilers get revealed to them. And since this is new, people are not used to it yet, therefore confusions are unavoidable.

3. How do I use Spoiler boxes anyway ?

A: Just simply type the following:

[spoiler]Text you want to write[/spoiler]

Or more manually: Click "Other styles" > Choose "Spoiler" > Enter texts > Click "Add".

4. If the spoiler is not obvious enough to viewers (e.g. one must click a link in order to see it), do I have to use Spoiler boxes ?

A: No, using link addresses is also a hiding method. Again the purpose of this is just to protect the spoilers and info. from being viewed by members who do not want to see them (but get in here by accident). However, you should STATE CLEARLY that it's a spoiler, just to make sure.

5. Can I join the discussion in the other thread as well ?

A: Of course you can. HOWEVER, as mentioned in the rules above, you MUST NOT reveal, give hints or talk about ANYTHING that spoils.

6. Who are you anyway ? Why do we have to follow YOUR rules ?

A: Not mine. Chek suggested that it should be this way. Also, the person who create the threads must write the rules clearly on the very first post from now on, whether they want it or not; this applies to every member (not only me).

ANYWAY, everyone should read this whole post carefully before posting or viewing anything. If you are mistaken for not paying attention to it, the creator of the thread, the moderators and every other forum members will NOT take any responsibility.

The chain on the jewel makes the turtle hookable with a thin implement, so it could be easily dragged around the cage and stuffed under something. Kaito Kid is the master of making it look like the target was stolen while the it is really still there after all. Kaito Kid would probably not drown the turtle though, so wherever he stuffed it should have an air pocket. I swore there was a log on page 8, but you can't see one on page 16 - There is just a giant rock outcropping.

There is a convenient sign at the waterline on the front of the tank right where the guards, Nakamori, Kogoro, Sonoko, and Sera were smashed up against. On page 8, the top of the sign looks to be just below the waterline, but it looks to have just crossed it on 7, 10, 12, and 16. If that was covering a small hole predrilled in the tank, it would let Kaito Kid manipulate the contents with a thin implement. (A premade hole being covered calls back to the soda trick at the beginning of the case.) Getting smashed up against the tank is more liable to help Kaito Kid then hurt him if he is trying to manipulate it.

I have four Kid-suspects(People who can be Kid in disguise)Ran, Sera, Sonoko and Kogoro.

Ran - She didn't see Sonoko go to the toilet, could that be because Ran is Kid who made the disguise in a other toilet on the second floor and didn't see Sonoko or other people?

Sera - She went to the toilet on the second floor. Maybe Kid was was waiting there.

Sonoko - She knew that the nearest toilet was crowded and it would be better to use the other(But then the real Sonoko could discover, unless the exchance was made in the nearste toilet and She(maybe he) told Sera to use the other toilet to advoid that)

Kogoro - He 'chance his mind'. A kind of suspicious.

So what do you say? Sorry, if my english is bad.

I think it might be a bit risky for Kid to disguise as Sera since he hasn't met her yet. But we are talking about Kid. He is full of surpises...

My chinese is a bit shaky so the translations might not be right but I think Sonoko was thinking 'She really is flat chested'haha She also thinks that Ran is Kaitou Kid and started saying 'Don't worry Kid-sama, your secret is safe with me <3' and Ran was denying it. Ran said her cellphone screen was dark, that was why she was so surprised. What does that mean? Conan said Kid did not 'steal' the jewel :o Interesting interesting.

I'm curious about who the guy tied up in the bathroom was. It's obviously a male and his outfit looks similar to the taskforce uniform but why was he breathing so hard?

Well, we can rule out some of the people

Definitely not

Jirokichi - face pinched

Nakamori - face pinched earlier but never left the scene. Also his face was slammed into the glass.

Probably not

Kogoro - He wasn't coming so there would be no Kogoro to tie up in the bathroom. Also his face was slammed into the glass. Nakamori who isn't kid searched him pretty well too.

Ran - touched the glass of the tank bare handed right after the carpet thing.

That leaves Sonoko and Sera.

Sonoko's behavior seems typical. Meanwhile Sera seems think she is a man, being surprised that Ran and Sonoko would want her in the same body search group (end of page 7, beginning of page 8). "She" also blushed as the girls pat her down. (Kid can apparently blush through masks. He did so when he was Ran in Volume 16 file 8 page 6. Don't ask me how, it's probably artistic shorthand for emotion that would be too hard to draw otherwise - even if it doesn't make any sense.) I think the girls failed to check under Sera's hat. Conan seems to have realized Sera's discrepancy at the end.

Ran's cellphone seems to have not had a good signal which is why she moved away. Perhaps there was interference? The other thing is apparently the turtle's chain was iron, but Conan seems to wonder why it hasn't rusted. Maybe it has? If it really turns out to be a remote controlled robo turtle... well, it would be par for the course for kid cases. (glass gun redux)

All deductions are subject to misunderstood translations, so grain of salt please.

I agrees with Chek about the disguise. When they were doing the body check, they questioned who should go first,Sera said let's do it according to age and she said she's going first. Ran asks Sera when her birthday is. Sonoko wonders how Sera knows their birthdays in the first place. Ran says maybe because she's a detective. But I don't see how being a detective can help deduce their birthdays (does she meana by investigating their info? *Shrugs)

So, Kid might be disguised as Sera? Sera goes to the bathroom. On her way, she gets stopped by Kid ((when she hasn't entered the ladies room yet)) Kid disguised as her and put her in the guy's bathroom, thinking she's a 'he'. Disregard my earlier comment about it obviously being a guy. I just realized it was gosho's 'shadow man figure drawing' with duct tape over the mouth. ^^" So next week is the resolution to this heist. yay

actually you see a bit of an out line on clothing on that shadow but it could be a guy striped to his undershirt and boxers. I also realize Sera's wearing a vest mind you but the cut of the fabric doesn't match.

.... okay I give small summary 're-enact'.

It's small excerpt, for one page study.

Sonoko: So it's you deliberately put into predicament, isn't it, Kaitou Kid?

Mouri: Ah?

Mouri: Noo... it's not me.

Sonoko: Shh!! Keep quiet...

Masumi: ?

Sonoko: because, I saw! Before we're wrapped you left the carpet, and that's the reason. You knew it going to happen. So you avoid.

Mouri: No, no way!!! The moment you ask me I switch on the cellphone, when switch on the phone has no image, just black screen...

Edogowa: So it's true? It was really that simple? Ran-nee-chan?

Mouri: yes... and I guess it could be poor reception so I went to window nearby just two, or three steps away... before carpet starts... Speaking of it, that moment you're right behind me! With incredulous look appear on your face...

Manga study: You can use this as reference

In Conan's eyes he suspected Ran is Kaitou Kid and so do Sonoko. Apparently, and from Conan's thoughts, Kaitou Kid didn't steal it but someone else does. He figure out the person did not grasp fully it's not stolen case.

pg 14 to 16 Excerpt dialogue from bottom of 14 to 15

Chinese File 830 is out. http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1815920864

Okay, my take on it. Conan was planning to shoot Mouri with the watch but missed and hit Sonoko because of Ran. I'm not too familiar with the trick Kid used but I think it had something to do with magnets like others have said. Since Mouri's lighter got stuck. But there also seems to be some kind of glue-like substance on it. Too make sure the turtle stays on I guess? Well, the turtle was stuck on the back of the sign (poor thing)

Then someone removed it and hid it on their body. Automatically you would suspect the one who hasn't had a full body search. They point fingers at Ran. Nakamori: Now that I think about it, her chest is bigger than my daughter's (okay wth? lol) Conan gets flustered about it and I think he said that ran's chest hasn't changed at all, not too sure about this part. But the turtle should be on something that had their face checked right after the turtle got stolen so they didn't need to go through a body check. And that person is Jirokichi. I'm not sure why he took the turtle but it has something to do with the card Kid sent him.

So case solved and Kid was Sera. Seems he really did think Sera was a guy. Conan said since Kid helped him during the train case, he'd let him go for today but 'what about you?' Kid's like 'what?' *turns around* and gets a flying kick to the face by a pissed Sera XDD Conan and Kid are blushing like crazy and Ran runs out with a towel screaming Sera-san clothes clothes! And Sonoko: We can see everything~

Sera went to the men's bathroom because the women's was full. Conan: No wonder Kid mistaken her for a guy. -_-' Sera said it's alright since no one can tell her gender anyways. And I think we got more proof that her brother is Akai because she mentions her brother and that he's dead. Conan has that serious know-it-all face on when she was talking so I guess he knows.

My thinking: Mouri was still really suspicious to me. Coming in late, saying he was worried for Ran. Saying and acting strangely from time to time. Maybe he was just the red herring but I still think something was strange about him. Could be me.

And that's the resolution of this case. Heiji is going to appear next chapter in a new case.

I wonder what are the reactions of the die hard Kaito Kid fans outhere..Their dearest Kaito failed..again xD

and Kaito was kicked xDDD

so that's why Sera is blushing when Sonoko and Ran had a body search on him/her because she was Kaito Kid as everyone expected :D

me too..I like it..Its a funny chapter xD

I laughed so hard when the turtle bit Nakamori's finger. Quite a temper the little turtle has. :D

And Sera was being again so awesome!

I wonder what are the reactions of the die hard Kaito Kid fans outhere..Their dearest Kaito failed..again xD

and Kaito was kicked xDDD

so that's why Sera is blushing when Sonoko and Ran had a body search on him/her because she was Kaito Kid as everyone expected :D

me too..I like it..Its a funny chapter xD

As a Kid fan..

To distracted by the fact Sera went into the men's room. Also amused Aoko's not the token flat chested chick anymore. So looks like Sonoko had a good day she got to feel up Kid

Well, we can rule out some of the people

Definitely not

Jirokichi - face pinched

Nakamori - face pinched earlier but never left the scene. Also his face was slammed into the glass.

Probably not

Kogoro - He wasn't coming so there would be no Kogoro to tie up in the bathroom. Also his face was slammed into the glass. Nakamori who isn't kid searched him pretty well too.

Ran - touched the glass of the tank bare handed right after the carpet thing.

That leaves Sonoko and Sera.

Sonoko's behavior seems typical. Meanwhile Sera seems think she is a man, being surprised that Ran and Sonoko would want her in the same body search group (end of page 7, beginning of page 8). "She" also blushed as the girls pat her down. (Kid can apparently blush through masks. He did so when he was Ran in Volume 16 file 8 page 6. Don't ask me how, it's probably artistic shorthand for emotion that would be too hard to draw otherwise - even if it doesn't make any sense.) I think the girls failed to check under Sera's hat. Conan seems to have realized Sera's discrepancy at the end.

Ran's cellphone seems to have not had a good signal which is why she moved away. Perhaps there was interference? The other thing is apparently the turtle's chain was iron, but Conan seems to wonder why it hasn't rusted. Maybe it has? If it really turns out to be a remote controlled robo turtle... well, it would be par for the course for kid cases. (glass gun redux)

All deductions are subject to misunderstood translations, so grain of salt please.

It could be either of them (Sera or Sonoko). Chapter 828, Sera needed to go to the bathroom. Sonoko told her to go the second floor restroom instead. Ran asked Sonoko when did she go to the bathroom. Sonoko said during the tour. Kid could be Sonoko in disguised while the real one is in the main floor bathroom. That's why Sonoko told her to use a different Bathroom.

The Reason I would think Kid is Sera is. Because In chp. 829, Sera noticed the Winch in the Ceiling that was connected with the strings in the carpet. Usually when Sera notice something or give her opinion, she always states it and even though she sure of it. She always look towards Conan for conformation. Right Conan- kun Example: Chp. 828 with Sonoko's Can trick. Other than that Sonoko seem to be Kid.

Well there are my wild guesses lol.

But yeah. To add on.

Chev. I didn't notice before about Sera being confused about being grouped with Ran and Sonoko. Now that I think about in Chp. 829 the mystery person was tied up in the man bathrooms (well at least their were guys exiting the restroom). Maybe Kid did think Sera was a boy.