Detective Conan World
Black Demon

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] File 825-827 (Bourbon Tennis Murder Case)

THIS THREAD is used to discuss about SPOILERS. In other words, if you only read the English version and wish to wait for the official release instead of getting spoiled, this is NOT the right place for you !

RULES OF THE SPOILER-ONLY DISCUSSION THREAD:

1. Any kind of spoiler involving the case (Pictures, Texts, Information, Full Scans...) of any language that is released before the actual English version MUST be posted HERE. The English translations of the spoilers must also be posted here. Please DO NOT share them at the thread made for English-files readers only, in ANY form (NOT even in spoiler boxes).

2. Any kind of discussion involving the spoilers MUST be posted HERE. Please DO NOT reveal, give hints or talk about any information or event (that has not yet happened in the English releases) at the thread made for English-files readers only, in ANY form (NOT even in spoiler boxes).

3. Despite being a Spoiler-only thread, EVERY spoiler and discussion involving events that has not yet happened in the English releases STILL has to be put inside Spoiler boxes. When the mentioned file is officially released in English, this is not necessary anymore.

4. NO DIRECT LINK to Original Japanese scans (RAWs) or to ANY English manga scan because we don't want to have any problem with lawyers. (Japanese spoiler pictures are allowed as long as the amount and quality of which are very very far away from a full scan, like the ones we usually have).

Q&A:

1. Why is this whole thing necessary ?

A: Click here.

2. Why do I still have to use Spoiler boxes here ?

A: In case some member (who only follows the English files) get confused, misclick, or just simply get in the wrong thread... etc., this rule is made NOT to let spoilers get revealed to them. And since this is new, people are not used to it yet, therefore confusions are unavoidable.

3. How do I use Spoiler boxes anyway ?

A: Just simply type the following:

[spoiler]Text you want to write[/spoiler]

Or more manually: Click "Other styles" > Choose "Spoiler" > Enter texts > Click "Add".

4. If the spoiler is not obvious enough to viewers (e.g. one must click a link in order to see it), do I have to use Spoiler boxes ?

A: No, using link addresses is also a hiding method. Again the purpose of this is just to protect the spoilers and info. from being viewed by members who do not want to see them (but get in here by accident). However, you should STATE CLEARLY that it's a spoiler, just to make sure.

5. Can I join the discussion in the other thread as well ?

A: Of course you can. HOWEVER, as mentioned in the rules above, you MUST NOT reveal, give hints or talk about ANYTHING that spoils.

6. Who are you anyway ? Why do we have to follow YOUR rules ?

A: Not mine. Chek suggested that it should be this way. Also, the person who create the threads must write the rules clearly on the very first post from now on, whether they want it or not; this applies to every member (not only me).

ANYWAY, everyone should read this whole post carefully before posting or viewing anything. If you are mistaken for not paying attention to it, the creator of the thread, the moderators and every other forum members will NOT take any responsibility.

Here are all the translations from the DCTP cbox so far

Summary

KnightusMax: Conan and Ai talk about Mystery Train for a couple pages, then Conan+Ran+Kogoro+Sonoko drive out to a tennis court, and Amuro is there. Conan isn't too happy about it. Amuro tells Ran that he caught a summer cold but will be back to work at Poirot soon. A tennis racket comes out of nowhere and knocks out Conan (Amuro warned Conan about it, but it was too late). Next scene they're all in a house, I suppose to take care of Conan, and the case starts. Conan tells them not to come in, because the body's blocking the door... but he also says (basically) "Not another locked room mystery..."

Zenthisoror: This is a quick translation of the discussion page...

Conan: Subaru-san hacked into your phone and saw your message from Vermouth, so, no surprises, he thought you were in trouble and went to find you.

Haibara: Hacked?

Conan: We're just glad that you went into room B in Carriage 7 just as we predicted.

Haibara: Who the hell is that Subaru anyway? Why is he living with your mum in her house?

Conan: It's alright. He's on our side. And besides, my mum only comes back in the weekends.

Anyway, the key gain from this time's encounter is that we've esablished Amuro the Poirot part-time waiter is a member of the men in black.

Agasa: That reminds me. He's been on sick leave ever since that incident.

Conan: Why he was part-timing at Poirot is still a mystery but he probably won't come back. Luckily, he seems to think Haibara died in the explosion. If he came back, I was thinking of investigating him from this side.

Haibara: Anyhow! If you do something like that behind my back again, I won't forgive you! Because I am not in the least bit happy feeling as though someone's been messing with me this whole time!

Conan: Is that your way of saying 'thank you'?

Haibara: Are you thick or something?!

Agasa: Maybe you might call Ai-kun a 'tsundere' ♥?

Conan: What part of any of that of 'dere' ?

Zenthisoror: @leokiko: The general gist of the conversation is that the Poirot manager told Kogoro that Amuro was once junior champion of tennis. That's why Kogoro asked him to come as their special coach. Amuro then tells them that he stopped tennis not long after it though, because he hurt his shoulder. And then Ran asks him about the supposed sick leave he was on. And he says that it was just a summer cold, so he'll be going back to Poirot at the start of the next week. Lots of people have gathered round to watch because they've mistaken Amuro for a professional player. And that's about it.

Conan's shocked because he didn't think that Amuro would be coming back, so he's saying, "What?" Ran's telling him to stand back a bit because he could get hit by the 'dangerous balls' so he's trying to tell her that it's not the balls that are dangerous but a certain Mister about to teach her some tennis.

Right before Conan gets hit with the tennis racket, Amuro tells Conan to duck.

Amuro appears to have beat Ran to Conan as he blacked out and looked genuinely concerned. I definitely think the promise with Vermouth was to keep an eye on Conan. That might be his reason for sticking around, but he may not be through looking for a Kogoro Akai connection.

The racket under the victim's butt is suspicious. I don't know what the murder weapon is actually. At first I thought it might be a vase or a big trophy, but the more I look at it, it doesn't look like a vase or trophy at all.

• Upvote 1

1. How did Conan learn about Amuro's true identity? Did he or his allies eavesdrop on Amuro and/or Vermouth, or did he ask Kaito Kid to share with him what he (while disguised as Sherry) heard?

2. Is Ai still oblivious to Okiya's true identity, or does she also not trust Akai entirely?

3. What could Amuro's next move be? Could it be to figure out who Conan really is?

The racket under the victim's butt is suspicious. I don't know what the murder weapon is actually. At first I thought it might be a vase or a big trophy, but the more I look at it, it doesn't look like a vase or trophy at all.

Good catch on the racket, I missed that first time though. I suppose the culprit went out the window (they were shown a few times but without a translation I don't know the details) which are easily scalable up to the second floor, or the trick was rigged to go off without the culprit being in the room and it was locked up from the outside. The second seems likely because all three tennis suspects were downstairs when the bang went off. There is a convenient tall shelf nearby that something could fall off of, but the victim's feet position suggest he wasn't standing close to it. The translations should clear it up.

Ran seems to have noticed something about the air conditioning(?).

Edit added some more translation in the post above this one.

I noticed that the guy with bushy eyebrows took off his headband after the victim went off on his own. If he were the murderer, it's possible that the headband is significant to solving the case.

BEFORE:

Untitled2.jpg

AFTER:

Untitled-1.jpg

Likewise, the dark-haired woman had some sort of mark on her forehead (a white headband? an impression?) that also vanished after the victim left the rest of the group. Maybe the translations will clarify what this marking is.

BEFORE:

Untitled4.jpg

AFTER:

Untitled3.jpg

It seems to me that the two who had headbands simply removed them when they returned, but I'm curious as to where they went and whether further investigation would reveal inconsistencies with the weapon. I suspect that the lighter-haired man may have rigged a timer, which would make clear to me why he glanced at his watch, but I can't read the japanese, so he very well may have been commenting on how early or late it was or something.

DCTP has just released File 825 in English! \o/

Some 4am thoughts:

-So I'm pretty much in love with this case already (solely due to the fact that my tennis idol, Rafael Nadal, was being referenced). Speaking of which, I am officially an Amuro fan now just because he's a tennis pro.

-Amuro mentions an ol' friend of his who apparently taught him how to pick locks (another Date reference perhaps?).

-Since the AC hasn't been working properly for some time, was ice used in the murder trick? Maybe the culprit wanted to speed up the process of rigor mortis to build up an alibi? But whatever the case is, I hope the ice cream cake that Ishiguri was going to eat hasn't melted. :/

-I'm still a little suspicious about the disappearing headband. You would think that Takanashi would still be wearing it since he intended to play tennis again. And the weird band-like marking on Umejima's forehead before Ishiguri went to his room is still weird to me.

-As for the crime scene, there are several unusual things about it. First, if the vase were to fall from the shelf onto Ishiguri's head, it would be unusual for the body to be positioned flat on the floor facing up (and his arms were oddly positioned as well). Second, the tennis racket under the corpse's body may play a role in the murder trick, but it could also prove that Ishiguri had already fallen on top of the racket before the loud sound was made. Third, why is the victim missing his right slipper? This might not have anything to do with the case but it strikes me as odd...

• Upvote 1

He's my favorite character, Amuro!! He's older than me, looks like he wasn't entire bad. If he stick to his word, know the whole story between Vermouth and Shinichi and girlfriend, he's going to flip. Came to thinking of it, if Amuro is acquainted with Date-san I now seriously thinking his alliance to B.O. is real or not. He's still mysterious person.

I just love Amuro in this file...And I really think he's a good person despite being a BO member.I'm sure Conan will also see that Amuro is not that bad^^

I'm a little more suspicious of the woman with the black hair since reading the english version. That she mentions her inability to reach the window before even discovering the body seems meant to dispell suspicion from her since it's a 'locked room case.'The ac is definitely a big part of the case. Maybe it was used to cause the murder, made useless in an attempt at a dying message, or was utilized to keep the body from stiffening for a time trick. However, if the blood is coagulated, I think the last couldn't be used...

Thank God, it's another Bourbon case. And it's not (yet) the DB. :mrgreen:

Well,Okiya and Sera sometimes appear in DB cases,so they are not so bad...

• Upvote 2

Amuro is back in this file as well!! Nice :) This case is giving me a good feeling...... Amuro was a (and still is) a tennis pro, he can give very efficient first aid (trying to be nice huh?) and has learnt to unlock locks using a pin from a 'security guy' ( I hope he means Date-san and not someone else)

Whew! I knew that Conan wasn't going to let anyone other than his confidants see how he manipulates Kogoro, but to have him caught short in front of Amuro...makes me wonder what Amuro is thinking now...

Does this mean that Amuro has figured out some or all of the truth behind the "Sleeping Kogoro," and that he would turn his attention toward Conan? Also, as I asked in another thread, what would he do upon finding out who Conan really is?

Whew! I knew that Conan wasn't going to let anyone other than his confidants see how he manipulates Kogoro, but to have him caught short in front of Amuro...makes me wonder what Amuro is thinking now...

Does this mean that Amuro has figured out some or all of the truth behind the "Sleeping Kogoro," and that he would turn his attention toward Conan? Also, as I asked in another thread, what would he do upon finding out who Conan really is?

Yep, Amuro has officially discovered/confirmed that Conan is "Sleeping Kogoro", and is also officially interested in Conan now (if he wasn't before). Despite being told about it, there is nothing Vermouth can do to protect him, since Amuro will probably show up together with Kogoro every murder case from now on, and she cannot directly appear at the scene either. However, I don't think that Amuro has known that Conan is Shinichi yet, he may not even know who Shinichi is, but it's only a matter of time due to Conan's recklessness.

For some translation of the Chinese file (credit go to Conan#1 and DCTP staffs):

Page 4:

Amuro: "What are you doing Conan-kun?"

Conan: "Ah, my watch cover is broken..." (thinking) It's really unable to make Sleeping Kogoru appeared in front of him after all, since he is Black Organization member Bourbon. If I am Kudou Shinichi who took a drug and shrunken to a child is getting exposed, even Vermouth may still remain silent, but the incident of Haibara also shrunken to a child may end up exposed too."

Temporary scan of the last page:

File827_016.png

Also as everyone has seen, next case is a case with KID.

Yep, Amuro has officially discovered/confirmed that Conan is "Sleeping Kogoro", and is also officially interested in Conan now (if he wasn't before). Despite being told about it, there is nothing Vermouth can do to protect him, since Amuro will probably show up together with Kogoro every murder case from now on, and she cannot directly appear at the scene either. However, I don't think that Amuro has known that Conan is Shinichi yet, he may not even know who Shinichi is, but it's only a matter of time due to Conan's recklessness.

For some translation of the Chinese file (credit go to Conan#1 and DCTP staffs):

Page 4:

Amuro: "What are you doing Conan-kun?"

Conan: "Ah, my watch cover is broken..." (thinking) It's really unable to make Sleeping Kogoru appeared in front of him after all, since he is Black Organization member Bourbon. If I am Kudou Shinichi who took a drug and shrunken to a child is getting exposed, even Vermouth may still remain silent, but the incident of Haibara also shrunken to a child may end up exposed too."

Temporary scan of the last page:

File827_016.png

Also as everyone has seen, next case is a case with KID.

OK then, if this is the first step toward Bourbon uncovering the truth about Conan (and possibly Ai), then what would he do with this info? If Vermouth's promise involved not harming Conan and his associates, would Bourbon repudiate that promise upon uncovering Conan's true identity?