Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Reemies

GPS tracking device like conan's?

I've always wondered if there is a tracking device like the one Conan uses, but maybe without the screen built in his eyeglasses, cuz that's too fictional. I was thinking more about a normal GPS device but one that comes with a sticker you put on your keys or maybe things/people you want to see where they go or maybe just stalk :twisted: Is there really something like that?

I've got no idea about a real one. Sounds fun. In my detective novel, one of the Academy students created a pair of glasses with a small camera implanted in the frame that projects its recording on the lenses. It ends up being like a vr experience. Since I figure THAT'S possible with modern technology, funding, and the intelligence to create it, I believe Conan's glasses could work in the real world. The only issue I have with it is that he says once or twice that his lenses are just glass, or he replaces the lenses like in movie 3, so I'm not sure how he'd directly view the images on the tracker without a projection system or special lens material~

They do, or have you not heard of those Nike+ products or the Adidas equivalent? They track movement. Every smart phone is also a GPS tracker. The technology is very accessible. However to use it to track another without consent is actually invasion of privacy and is illegal. Trailing someone is only in public. GPS tracking is EVERYWHERE.