Detective Conan World
LaJota

Doubts about Akai faked his death theory

in the wiki, is the following sentence: "Conan notes the serial number is different which means that the police kept the original phone as evidence, and thus the plan was a success." but if you see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDPeI8KiWA4 ( 9:40) you are going to realize: conan is not happy, rather, he is sad and lowers his head and then answers to the guys in the best way to not display his sadness... i am right?

Even if Conan wasn't happy, that doesn't mean Akai actually died. Conan has made it clear hes a pretty good actor during tense situations, (except when it involves his secret identity) especially if its in order to keep certain things a secret.

This scene is not the same in the manga. The anime is not faithful to the manga for subtle clues. Check chapter 609 pgs 15-16. Also consider how Conan reacted with Eisuke later when Eisuke brought up that it sounded like someone died.

mmm yeah .. also compare the 2 Eisuke scenes and also are a bit different .. (I had forgotten the last conans reaction in the anime!!) thank you!

hmm yea i found it weird at first but his sad face was probably becuz he saw how sad jodie was and tried to console her but he couldn't and felt bad for her, also after he looked sad when the detective boys yelled a conan to hurry up he had a happy positive face on him so yea its quite complicated but let's wait and see what happens next :)