Detective Conan World
CarpetCrawler

Curious Question

I asked this on the DCW Facebook page and I kinda want to ask you guys, too, because frankly it's an interesting question.

How many of you only follow the anime and not the manga? How do you keep yourselves from being spoiled?

I followed the anime until the DCTP drama, now I haven’t watched in a while but I plan on watching raws and following the manga alongside for translations

not to get spoiled is easy enough, I’m the only one of my acquaintances who follows Conan, and by not reading the manga section on here I avoid spoilers

though every now and then I might read spoilers on my own because I’m curious

I spend time catch up previous episodes, focus on BO/romantic/special characters (like Heiji/Nagano police). Then people are excite over London arc, which just end in manga by then. So, OK I read London arc and the following cases (252, final operation room) which deal a bit follow up on London arc. Then I start to lose interest in manga and considered wait for anime. And Sera come, the rest is history, I follow manga now.

Why I'm not spoiled? I'm ok with spoil sometime (I know Jodie and Kir's identities before read the reveal). And I just just join the discussion after I start follow manga.

Although I have read the 15th or 16th-ish volume (I'm not really sure where I left off since it's been long since I last read the manga. :P ) and I download the latest chapters, I follow the anime. :)

As for spoilers, I don't really mind at all. I'm gonna arrive to those events eventually anyway. :P

Me. Anime only.

But up til a certain point of time where I finished watching the latest episode and I had to wait for the next one, I decided to jump to manga.

And now I am moving with the manga.

About spoilers, as long as I don't visit the manga chapter thread I won't really see much of them. Even if I do, I wouldn't understand the bits and pieces and I can choose to ignore them. People don't usually go around writing spoilers everywhere, and even in the discussion threads, people know how to be careful of how they write them, so the risk of being spoilt isn't that high... that is... unless I choose to see them.

Frankly, I don't mind reading spoilers or what's going to come as long as they aren't the big events that dictates the outcome of the story. (E.g Who is the black org boss or who is bourbon is not okay, but intro of new char or a flash of what events will occur are basically okay.)

Anime only... ^^

Well, We just don't enter those topics you create about the manga which has a "Spoiler Discussion" In it. Easy.

Besides, Spoilers don't ruin anything. Since the anime has a long way to catch on & When it catches on we barely remember the spoilers we accidentally read.

I already answered this on Facebook :P, but I'm keeping up with the anime and only reading the US release of the manga. I can't help but be spoiled because of the podcast, and I have a pretty good memory... but by the time the anime catches up, all I remember is usually the "broad strokes", so I see something and think 'oh, yeah, we talked about this part', but don't always remember every detail

Both. But I barely read most of the manga. The only stuff nI read there are the "arcs" or "highlghts" in the series, the major events, like that...

But with the other cases, which mostly do not affect the main plot, I just stick to the anime.(I'm too LAZY to read the entire story in the manga. Just the major events."

So, I don't really read the manga. But right now, I'm always on the wait for the latest issue.

Well, We just don't enter those topics you create about the manga which has a "Spoiler Discussion" In it. Easy.

Not related to the main question but just a friendly reminder to anyone who only watches the anime and don't want to get spoiled: Technically every thread in the "Manga" section contains heavy spoilers about events that haven't yet happened in the anime, whether they are titled "Spoiler Discussion" or not, so view at your own risk :P This may sound ironic, but threads with "Spoiler Discussion" label are actually even "safer" to the anime watchers than any other kind of thread because mostly everything is concealed inside spoiler boxes; while in the other ones, every spoiler will be exposed directly right to your eyes laugh.gif ("No Spoiler" are for English-manga readers, NOT for anime watchers). So again, if you want to avoid spoilers, it's better not entering the "Manga" section at all ;)

The following places in DCW may contain manga spoilers to anime watchers, so be careful when you visit those (bolded ones have extremely heavy spoilers):

1. The whole "Manga" section, obviously.

2. The Wiki: Although it's for everyone to read, information in the Wiki are updated right after the manga files are released, the editors do not wait for the anime. rolleyes.gif

3. The podcast: Like Southpaw has mentioned, the podcast also contains latest manga spoilers despite being recorded for everyone.

4. The "General" section: Also contains spoilers (unlike in DCTP), and even though most of them are written inside boxes, some aren't.

5. The status updates by members: Rarely happens, but spoilers may appear if someone accidentally shares them.

Other places are pretty "safe", because I'm sure that even if someone posted spoilers, it would be inside spoiler boxes, and they would likely warn you about it.

Anime since I enjoy AO's a lot apparently. Haha

I read the manga occasionally... I know better than to spoil myself but I did one time when I read the one about professor's vase before it came out in the anime.

I'm sticking with anime. I do enjoy reading manga tho, but just if I have the book in my hands. I just can't get myself into it when reading something online, so the same goes for Detective Conan. I would've probably spoiled something already if I wasn't the way I am, so I'm kinda happy because of that.

I asked this on the DCW Facebook page and I kinda want to ask you guys, too, because frankly it's an interesting question.

How many of you only follow the anime and not the manga? How do you keep yourselves from being spoiled?

I like following the anime because i enjoy the anime more. I do read the manga. Being spoiled is inevitable. So, if the chapter is being spoiled, i read and scan it to have an overview but watch the anime when it comes out. Personally, I understand the case more when it is in the anime than the manga. Spoilers are not the problem really, since you can handle them, I think. Either way, detective conan anime and manga is the the best.

HAHA.

I read it, myself... Ive bought the manga...