Detective Conan World
m.conan.210

Movie Topics

What kind of movie topics/storylines would you want to see in future movies and which movies storylines are your favorites? I was just curious since there are a lot of movies and they all revolve around different topics and storylines.

I kinda want to see one with the detective boys but with more suspense and thrill and another BO movie.

I really liked the storylines in Movie 6, 7 and 13 :)

Personally, I'd really like to see a movie where Ran isn't helpless and uses her karate. xD

To be honest, a few of the movies would have done better as specials or filler arcs. I think an interesting movie would be centered around a case that Conan solved in an earlier movie. With new evidence, an escaped or unidentifiable culprit, or new rash of serial murders in the style of an old foe could prove to be a difficult case. I prefer when the production company doesn't try to involve as many side characters as possible, and would like to see another case where either Conan knows who it is and has to find the evidence, or has to suspect friends and allies. It would be interesting to see a case where a drug similar to apotoxin in chemical structure but successful in its murderous application was used, or where the organization was not involved in Conan's case or trying to find him, but became an obstacle in the investigation. Personally I'm tired of bombing movies and supposed twists where they obviously (to me) arrest or suspect the wrong person, and would like to see one involving Conan investigating a high-stakes case without being dragged into it due to coincidence or Agasa/Kogoro/Detective Boys' involvement in one aspect of the crime. Also, one based in Beika like the originals would be great.

I'd like to see a BO movie only if they execute it well like in M-5. Other than that, I don't have any other "themes" in mind. I just hope they can think up of more interesting mysteries than they have been thinking up of in the past few years.

I know what I don't want...

1) No BO first and foremost. It doesn't work. M13 was a mess because of them. Wildly unrealistic and OOC. Leave BO up to Gosho.

2) Kaitou Kid being OOC. Please see M8 and M14. He wouldn't disguise himself as someone whom he could not mimic 100% (M3 stretched it, but heavy smoking could be a believable mistake) But disguising as Shinichi? How Ran didn't know that Shinichi was Kaitou Kid in M8 (as hilarious as all that was) is beyond me. It was insulting to her character.

Which brings me to

3) Ran being OOC. Ran may not be intelligent like Shinichi, but she can tell when something is wrong usually. Also she is not helpless.

4) STOP WITH THE BOMBS! There are too many movies that involve explosives. We get it, explosions are cool, but do something cool with mystery!

I think that does it...

In terms of what I DO want, all I want from a DC movie is a GOOD mystery.

I know what I don't want...

1) No BO first and foremost. It doesn't work. M13 was a mess because of them. Wildly unrealistic and OOC. Leave BO up to Gosho.

well, movie 5 was great in my opinion, and that had the BO.

personally, I want a great jack the ripper like serial killer. It would make an interesting movie. Besides that I would just want a better mystery that takes more effort for Conan to solve and less detective boys for a change(except Ai)

well, movie 5 was great in my opinion, and that had the BO.

personally, I want a great jack the ripper like serial killer. It would make an interesting movie. Besides that I would just want a better mystery that takes more effort for Conan to solve and less detective boys for a change(except Ai)

Movie 5 was a good movie, but it doesn't change the fact that they were OOC (they wouldn't shoot someone without confirming their target), and their involvement didn't impact the overall mystery in any way or play any big role. You could have removed them completely and it would have pretty much changed nothing about the movie. If I want to see BO, I'll read the manga. They are integral to the main plot and should be treated as thus, and not be used in throwaway plots to increase ticket sales of movies.

I want to see the movies like based on true stories or like resembling the true culture. I am not a big fan of fantacy movies. I always keen to watch out the movies that their stories are futuristic .

What I'd want...

First and most importantly, a movie overseas, out of Japan, with the exception of 6 whose plot was mainly happening in London, the others are aaaaaaaaaaaall in Japan.

Involvement of Hattori Heiji.

A mystery that doesn't require Japanese or kanji knowledge... I hate the play of words. I want a mystery which my brain has enough information to compute in order to solve it.

What I wouldn't want:

Another movie on the sea. The suspense on movie two is all swimming and sinking. I do not think I need to mention where the sea was at 9, 11 and 17.

More of Shinichi's #nogloryforyou .

- Ran did find out Kid was Shinichi, she had her suspicions and confirmed it on the phone with Shinichi at the end of the movie.

- Bombs are the easiest way to remove evidence, which is why people uses bombs

- BO involvement would be dumb, because all it would provide is background info on some BO members.

What I want to see is

- More suspense within myseteries

- Less prior tropical land history between Ran and Shinichi (In the 4th movie in the begining it was perfect, the way they intereacted and everything. The one in 17 was pretty cheesy and seem ooc for shinichi, from his comments of Ran couldn't tell if he liked her then Ran is DUMB)

- A main character movie deaf (say they die but the reason it looked like they died was because their eyes were playing tricks on them.)

@Modern Holmes

1. Technically, Movie 6 still happened in Japan bevause that was just a virtual London. But yes, that's a good idea :)

2.Yes

3. The movie caters to Japanese people, and if it was in English, most people would have a difficult time (no offense to Japanese people) But yes, I want that. I was lost in Movie 7

What I want:

1. Less of Ran-is-the-damsel-in-distress movies. Ran is not helpless. She is fierce with her karate.

2.More mystery and tension. Most of the movies consist of action. Please see the title. It is DETECTIVE Conan, not Action Man Conan.

3. As close to the canon plot as possible. Please. Don't make Kazuha a super high-pitched crier. I know Movies are not canon and will never be, but try not to make the characters OOC, onegai?

A mystery that doesn't require Japanese or kanji knowledge... I hate the play of words. I want a mystery which my brain has enough information to compute in order to solve it.^^

^This.