Detective Conan World
CarpetCrawler

Favorite AO Episodes

What are you favorite episodes that are NOT based on the manga?

Here's my list:

184: "A Cursed Mask Coldly Laughs". Probably one of the creepiest episodes, and one that was actually really well written for an AO. This one to me actually felt like it was a manga case, and I was very surprised when I learned it wasn't. This, as well as the other AO one hour special from the timeframe, 209's "The Entrance to the Maze" is another highly underrated story.

175: "The Man Who Was Killed Four Times". Probably one of the more fun cases in the show. I just love the absurdity of it.

88-89: "Dracula's Villa Murder Case". I especially loved how the guy dug his own grave by slipping up and saying he could hear what was going in when listening to sealed door. Another creepy case.

92-93: "The Fearful Traversing Murder Case". Very early in the show, there were some REALLY excellently written cases that were AO's. This one is definitely one of those. The motive was very obvious, but too obvious for you to put two and two together. And quite an interesting plot twist!

124-125: "A Mysterious Sniper Murder Case". Mostly nostalgic reasons for this one, as it was the first fansubbed case I ever watched.

161: "The Murder Floating in Ryusuitei". I love how the murder happened. So goofy that I can DEFINITELY imagine someone doing it in real life.

276: "Case of the Missing Policeman's Notebook". Love Takagi episodes, and this one is a classic. I love the shot of Takagi with his head down while 100 foot tall Megure-zilla is yelling at him and telling him that he's fired.

282-283: "The Mystery of the Water Flowing Stone Garden". I wish this one was available with better subs, than the crappy HK subs... it's a really fun case.

471: "The Out of Control Rental Car". I love Kogoro in this episode. He's just so calm and collected, even when he understands that he has to keep driving at that certain speed.

Everything past the 300's is either hit-or-miss. Some of my recent favorite AO's are the fireflies one that recently aired, and the two part case where Kogoro "gives up" the detective agency.

How about you?

I like the episodes where Eri Kisaki goes against Reiko Kujo (264, 265, 297, 298, and 489). It's certainly interesting to watch the "Sleeping Kogoro" in a courtroom.

More to come later...

Two Days with the Culprit (as Jodie already mentioned) was really nice, with a little twist.

The Out of Control Rental Car was nice, especially the ending (and that little comment from Conan)

Actually, almost all of my favorite AOs were the ones CarpetCrawler already mentioned.

I'm bad at AOs... I kind of hate them, but the one I like is the latest (603?). The challenge to it is up... though my imagination is sooooooooooo BIG that almost anything's possible. @.@

Here are my favorite episodes of Detective Conan, from top to bottom, with the top my all-time favorite:

1) Ski Lodge Murder Case (JPN) / Massacre Night Parts 1 & 2(US)

2) On Location, TV Drama Murder Case (JPN) / Lights, Camera... Murder (US)

3) 16 Suspects!? (2nd Detective Conan Special)

4) The Strange Person Hunt Murder Case (JPN) / Mystery Mastermind (US)

5) The Girl from the Black Organization and The University Professer Murder Case (6th Season Special)

ummm, I dunno the episode number but I liked that episode when Kaitou Kid appeared for the first time... omg I really liked it

and the one were conan get shot and Shinichi appears, haibara acts like she's conan so that Ran won't doubt it much.. I guess it's 192 something, right?

oh yeah, I also liked the episode where ayumi needed the help from her friends... when a stealer came to her house, that was good episode!

I also liked the episode where they showed the killer of Sato's father and Takagi captured him, omg, I really liked that episode

in fact, I like every episode concerning Sato and Takagai, they're like the best couple!!

Source(s):

(\_/)

(O.o) Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig

(> <) Help Him Achieve World Domination...

It also :wub::lol: depends on what you like to see.

If you enjoy comedy, one of the funniest episodes to see is OVA 1, which features Conan, Kaito KID, and another creation of Gosho Aoyama, Yaiba

If you love the whole Conan/ Ran relationship, movie 2 has them... NO SPOILERS!

There's over 500 episodes, 10 OVAS, 4 magic files, and 14 movies out as of June 1, 2010, and so many episodes to love! It all depends on what you love to see!

Also, I was highly puzzled by "The Two Faced Brother" (ep 15). Figuring out the mystery in this episode was a special treat.

What are you favorite episodes that are NOT based on the manga?

Here's my list:

184: "A Cursed Mask Coldly Laughs". Probably one of the creepiest episodes, and one that was actually really well written for an AO. This one to me actually felt like it was a manga case, and I was very surprised when I learned it wasn't. This, as well as the other AO one hour special from the timeframe, 209's "The Entrance to the Maze" is another highly underrated story.

175: "The Man Who Was Killed Four Times". Probably one of the more fun cases in the show. I just love the absurdity of it.

88-89: "Dracula's Villa Murder Case". I especially loved how the guy dug his own grave by slipping up and saying he could hear what was going in when listening to sealed door. Another creepy case.

92-93: "The Fearful Traversing Murder Case". Very early in the show, there were some REALLY excellently written cases that were AO's. This one is definitely one of those. The motive was very obvious, but too obvious for you to put two and two together. And quite an interesting plot twist!

124-125: "A Mysterious Sniper Murder Case". Mostly nostalgic reasons for this one, as it was the first fansubbed case I ever watched.

161: "The Murder Floating in Ryusuitei". I love how the murder happened. So goofy that I can DEFINITELY imagine someone doing it in real life.

276: "Case of the Missing Policeman's Notebook". Love Takagi episodes, and this one is a classic. I love the shot of Takagi with his head down while 100 foot tall Megure-zilla is yelling at him and telling him that he's fired.

282-283: "The Mystery of the Water Flowing Stone Garden". I wish this one was available with better subs, than the crappy HK subs... it's a really fun case.

471: "The Out of Control Rental Car". I love Kogoro in this episode. He's just so calm and collected, even when he understands that he has to keep driving at that certain speed.

Everything past the 300's is either hit-or-miss. Some of my recent favorite AO's are the fireflies one that recently aired, and the two part case where Kogoro "gives up" the detective agency.

How about you?

u remember all of them or did u just copy from somewhere

i mean the information its really hard to remember :ugeek::geek::huh::oB)

37 Cactus Flower Murder Case : One of the first episodes I ever saw, so it has a special place in my heart. It's not extraordinary case-wise but it's a pretty thought-provoking story. Note that this is the only one part AO you will find in this list.

61-62 A Ghost Ship Murder Case : The first 2 part AO and it was done well. Good atmosphere, creepy killing (the guy was tortured and killed with a sword !), a nice story and some hilarious moments.

88-89 Dracula Villa Murder Case : Love the theme. The characters are pretty cool. And the story is creepy.

92-93 The Fearful Mountain Trek Murder Case : Quite a fun story, with some interesting plot twists (as CC mentioned), and it had its lot of creepy and suspenseful moments too.

124-125 The Mysterious Sniper Murder Case : Kogoro is hilarious in this one. The story's pretty cool too.

(PS : I don't consider 128 as an AO which is why it isn't here).

150-151 The Truth of the Exploding Car Case : A sad case with a brilliant Kogoro. The murder exchange was a cool idea.

180-181 : The case is a bit obvious, but I like the way the guy was killed, the setting is pretty cool and the charactes are great (mostly that Morticia-like lady).

184 The Cursed Masks Laugh Coldy : Awesome characters, brilliant trick, great atmosphere, creepy moments (when they run in the night), the AO of all AOs.

201-202 The Tenth Passenger : The culprit gets obvious rather quickly, but I still love that case because of how emotional it gets at some point. I also like the fact that the killer didn't kill one of the people he was planning to.

210-211 The Water Palace of Five Colors : I love the legend and the cultural aspects in this one.

261-262 The Fearful Legend of the Snowy Night : Same as 210-211.

379-380 Case of the Long Sleeved Kimono at the Hidden Hot Spring on a Snowy Night : Nice trick, good characters, creepy atmosphere and I liked the 'double killing'.

388-389 Kogoro Gets Drunk in Satsuma : Kogoro is hilarious and I liked that the episode centered around sake. Gotta love the title too.

540-541 The Day Mouri Kogorou Ceased Being A Detective : I liked this one for pretty much the same reasons explaining why I liked 150-151. This episode's pretty ironic too considered it's almost 'The Day Akira Kamiya ceased being a DC seiyû'.

603-604-605 The Séance's Double Locked Room Mystery Case : The first 3 part AO ever and it was a success : great charcters (that fanatic creeped me out), a creepy atmosphere, sad ending and the killer knocking his head on the floor was quite disturbing.

My favorite one was Two Days With the Culprit (Ep. 547-548). I liked how Conan literally hung out with the "culprit" for two days. I thought this one was interesting and different.

I love the episode of 'The partner is Santa'. It's cute and funny.

waah~ that's my favorite too! ^.^

and episode 184 and 594-595 i think...the zombie episode < sad one :( and i dunno what ep but its when Ran and Conan is on the pond then of the paper floats,your love one is close to you?

Hey?! Ski lodge is AO?! Love that! <3