Detective Conan World

Bourbon  

116 members have voted

1. 1. What is Bourbon's identity?

• Okiya Subaru
    • Scar Akai (Note that most votes here are from before Amuro existed.)
    • Sera Masumi
    • Akai Shuuichi (who is reinfiltrating the Org.)
    • A new character (not yet introduced)
    • Someone else
    • Koumei
    • Andre Camel
    • Another known character in disguise
    • Amuro Tooru who is Scar Akai
    • Amuro Tooru who is not scar Akai
  2. 2. What is Bourbon's real assignment? (multiple choice)

• Find and kill Sherry
    • Find and kill Akai
    • Investigate the FBI to make sure Akai is really dead
    • Investigate Conan/Shinichi's true identity and kill him if necessary
    • Infiltrate the FBI
    • Test Kir's loyalty
    • Kill someone else
    • Some other assignment
    • Bourbon is a double agent and is trying to spy on or damage/destroy the Org
    • Bourbon doesn't want to do his assignment for personal reasons (e.g. sympathy)
  3. 3. What is Vermouth's promise with Bourbon? (multiple choice)

• Something not listed below
    • Don't do anything that harms Conan and Ran
    • Watch and/or protect Conan and Ran
    • Don't do anything that harms Haibara
    • Watch and/or protect Haibara
    • Don't do anything that harms someone else
    • Watch and/or protect someone else
    • Capture Sherry/Haibara without harming someone else.
    • Capture or kill Akai without harming someone else.
    • To kill/harm a particular person
    • Obtain some information related to Conan or Haibara
    • Obtain some information related to Sera
    • Obtain some information related to Okiya
    • Bourbon will keep a certain secret.
    • Bourbon will not sidetrack him/herself from his/her main mission
    • To do a side operation that is not part of Bourbon's main mission
    • Don't do anything suspicious in front of Conan or Kogoro

First, I think this should be under the "Bourbon" topic.

Second, that is a funny crack theory you have there. :mrgreen: (Wait, that wasn't a crack theory? :blink:)

Ok folk I think Yamamura's grandmother is Bourbon.

Why you may ask?

Well I believe that she was black mailed by the black organization, because her grandson got into a gambling problem and couldn't pay it back. So she was forced to join the organization or else they would kill Yamamura. I also believe that Yamamura knows Conan's identity and is acting dumb around him to try to tell Conan that his grandmother is bourbon. Sadly this is one clue Conan has not picked up on. I think that Yamamura's grandmother is closing in on Conan, there have been hints that she kidnapped kogoro and is pretending to be him to watch over Conan.

I believe this thread is redundant - there is already an established thread to discuss Bourbon and his/her possible identity. Will a moderator please disable this thread?

Ok folk I think Yamamura's grandmother is Bourbon.

Why you may ask?

Well I believe that she was black mailed by the black organization, because her grandson got into a gambling problem and couldn't pay it back. So she was forced to join the organization or else they would kill Yamamura. I also believe that Yamamura knows Conan's identity and is acting dumb around him to try to tell Conan that his grandmother is bourbon. Sadly this is one clue Conan has not picked up on. I think that Yamamura's grandmother is closing in on Conan, there have been hints that she kidnapped kogoro and is pretending to be him to watch over Conan.

Crazy theory!

In chapter 823 the truth is finally revealed!

Amuro = Bourbon. I expected it, but it's for sure now. I'm happy that Subaru isn't Bourbon, but still I like Amuro, I think he's an interesting character.

Now that Aoyama has revealed Bourbon to be Amuro Tooru, what I'm waiting to know now is

1) How are Conan and Okiya gonna plan their moves knowing that Amuro is a BO member?

2) Why do Amuro and Akai hate each other so much?? I really hope that the reason for that is Sera and not Akemi like everyone's speculating.

Now that Aoyama has revealed Bourbon to be Amuro Tooru, what I'm waiting to know now is

1) How are Conan and Okiya gonna plan their moves knowing that Amuro is a BO member?

2) Why do Amuro and Akai hate each other so much?? I really hope that the reason for that is Sera and not Akemi like everyone's speculating.

I also hope the reason is not Akemi...I'm tired of love stories everywhere in DC.

There is still something left unexplained about Bourbon:

I don't understand why Bourbon was looking into Mouri's files (it's strange because he found Sherry by mere chance, but we're not actually sure that he was looking for her at that time) and what other business he had into the police investigation department.

There might be something else about him.

There is still something left unexplained about Bourbon:

I don't understand why Bourbon was looking into Mouri's files (it's strange because he found Sherry by mere chance, but we're not actually sure that he was looking for her at that time) and what other business he had into the police investigation department.

There might be something else about him.

Manga 824

I suspect it's because of the ding dong dash case and Kir. Before he got his investigation underway, Bourbon didn't want to believe Akai is dead because he was certain Akai found some way out. Therefore he thinks Gin was duped which naturally means Kir was involved. He investigates Kir as best he can without upstarting the chain of command because Kir was deemed loyal for apparently killing Akai and gets ahold of her cellphone which was left in Gin’s car when Kir changed her clothes just before phase 2 of the Domon assassination. He looks at it, but doesn’t find anything especially interesting other than a text message from one Mouri Kogoro with his routing number. Bourbon notes the number anyway in case it has anything to do with finding Akai. He uses it in the Beika Dept Store incident to try to get Kogoro to finish sooner. When the investigate-the-FBI-plan turns up negative, Bourbon decides to give Kogoro a try but as a disciple/waiter rather than as Scar Akai. (I'm not sure if it was because he wanted to use Kogoro long term, thought Akai would only approach Kogoro with a disguise or intermediary, Amuro had other things to look at (aftermath of FBI vs Org?), or was afraid "meitantei" Kogoro might see through the disguise). Sera showed up later, which may have encouraged Amuro to stay on board with Kogoro.

Also I thought the other business at the police department was Date's death anniversary related, but he may also be interested in the police files on the Raiha Pass incident. It's interesting because Takagi is involved in both Raiha Pass and Date. I wonder if Amuro and Takagi will have a plot?

I thought the Bourbon Akai hate may have been a love rivalry over Akemi for a while, but now knowing that Bourbon has been in the Organization for a long time, it could even be a usurped childhood romance.

Who knows... It might have been a CHILDHOOD FRIENDS love story :P

HAHAHAHA. Amuro-Akemi-Akai love triangle? XD

Well, as for me, I think the reason why Amuro hates Akai is because of jealousy. NOT THE LOVE TYPE. I mean that Amuro may be jealous of Akai's high rank and reputation, so he wants to prove that Akai is just a spy from the FBI or something like that, just to taint Akai's name. And he also wants to kill Akai.

HAHAHA. IT WOULD BE AWESOME TOO IF AKEMI WAS THE REASON WHY AMURO HATES AKAI. SINCE AKAI IS SORTA THE REASON WHY AKEMI DIED, AMURO MAY HAVE FEELINGS OF VENGEANCE TOWARDS AKAI, AND WANTS TO KILL HIM BECAUSE OF THIS. XD.

Can I make a thread as to why Bourbon hates Rye?

EDIT: Uh oh. It seems I double-posted. SORRY! Can a mod delete my previous post? ^^

Done

Kill Akai, could it be 'kill' Akai? He doesn't exactly to murder, most likely he want to get himself in more danger taking this challenge. *smack own head* Date's prediction of him is so true... If DC is about character's story, I want to kill Amuro for putting in danger.

Assuming that Vermouth's promise with Bourbon involves protecting Conan, does that imply that Vermouth somehow told Bourbon who Conan really is?

I think Borbon is Amuro. So he seems a real interesting character with a weird mission form what we think.( a bit more care free and a little hint of good guy (may be Ai's brother, narr) working with Vermonts personal mission.)  Also to add another spin to it I believe Amour/Borbon will have a show down with not only Akai but Takagi because of his connection with Date as the Wataru brothers. As Amour was a reckless guy who was the top at the police training just over Date.(but why BO getting police trianing?) That should be and interesting story. Has anyone else noticed that certain charters who are rivals are opposite but similar and both look like each other in some way? Shuu and Gin (build and long hair when shuu had long hair), Vermont and Jodie(reemeber how tricked we got with who Jodie really was)and some more too. Is it me or does Takagi look like a less stylish Amour without blond hair? (Date commented on this also) And what about Sera and Eisuke. I wonder if he is coming back? Them two are some weird characters. but it all makes a good story with a lot to look forward to. just hope it moves at a good pace. Not too fast not too slow.

Came to think about it, the story is slightly slow, I'm not sure about Eisuke, I have a feeling Eisuke may take part soon, he might come back. I don't have theory, 'cause both sides aren't moving, but I'm dying of suspense here to point I wish I can take down manga one moment. I don't think Amuro knows of B.O. existence before joining academy, or else he won't disappear for nothing. If Date is preoccupied to find him, one thing means Gosho won't add in extra story for nothing as he might plan relating it to main plot soon. The story about Wataru Brothers are filler, because we learn one thing about Date has connection with Amuro on Amuro's disappearance, if Amuro is reckless, come to think about it, it could be he plan to be reckless from start he may hiding truth of whereabouts, when he was in Academy.

We now know who is Bourbon, but we don't know what will be his next action; we know one thing he is capable to murder (if you spot clearly that filler you understand) and they waiting either one of them start war or planning action; I guess we have to wait for next murder which will relate to Bourbon we get to learn more story and about him. 

I think his true identity is someone we have seen before, but was a minor character in a past episode. 

Also his true mission is likely to watch Kir and spy on the FBI.

His promise with Vermouth is to protect Ran and Shinichi. 

Crazy idea, but might Bourban be Akai and Sera's other brother, who has infiltrated the Black Organization either because:

1)  He is also an FBI agent, and James Black ordered him to do with without the knowledge of Jodie and Kir.

2)  He is a free lancer, and his brother Akai asked him to do it, to make up for his own failure to infiltrate.

3)  He is a free lancer, and did it on his own initiatve to find out what happened to Akai, just as Sera is searching for Akai.

Wow what a subject to discuss indeed.

What I believe is this:

Okiya is Bourbon. It is hinted strongly throughout the anime whom he is, and I doubt it would mislead us so much, especially with Haibara's reactions and his drinking of his namesake (despite what DetectiveShinichi mentioned). Also, as Kir said Bourbon was, Okiya is very intelligent, among other things, which is likely to be yet another clue as to who that character really is.

Bourbon is not under any disguise, as we see him constantly (both away and with the other characters) in the same appearance. I also have a high suspicion that something was done by Akai to either hurt him mentally/emotionally (perhaps he was a friend of his and felt to be betrayed when Shuu left the Organization) or perhaps hurt someone else in the Organization that Bourbon was affiliated with. I doubt in many more ways than one that 'Scar Akai' is actually Bourbon. Besides them being in the same place at the same time in close proximity to one another and Bourbon seeming interested that Akai seemed to be alive, there's another issue with that -- wouldn't the Organization know that Bourbon was the scarred Akai if he came out of the building and not try to shoot him? I mean, in one of the latest episodes (581?), it was shown that Chianti and the others were keeping a close eye out for Shuu, and one would think that if it was indeed Bourbon, he would let them know so he wouldn't be at suspect. Besides, there's really no reason (if if to lure the real Shuu out) that a member of the Organization would stoop to disguising as someone they despise so much (especially Bourbon, whom was said to hate Shuu just as much).

On the point of them both smiling at the noticing of Chianti, I'm sure Bourbon wouldn't have waltzed out there in said 'disguise' of Scar Akai in plain sight, since I'm sure he would know the consequences. On that point as well, Shuu probably just smirked because he wanted them to know that he knew they were there--which, humorously enough, freaked Chianti out completely, just enough to allow her to lose mental control and giving more opportunity for Conan's plan to work out--

Away from that subject, yet still to Bourbon, I wouldn't be surprised if he already was highly suspect of Conan being Shinichi. It would seem that the fellow has quite the capabilities as a detective (probably the reason the BO chose him) and likely has figured out a lot just by seeing Conan work and being in Shinichi's home, noticing how everything's seemed to go missing and whatnot, among other things. It would be even less of a surprise if he put two and two together and exposed Sherry as Ai as well, even easier since he's right next door and can monitor much more easily.

@ DetectiveShinichi :

By my reasoning and from what was said within the episode of when Gin and the others saw 'Scar Akai', I would believe that "that person" actually was the one that wanted operations to pause. As Vermouth said, even "that person" was nervous. Perhaps so nervous that s/he didn't want to test what would happen, so it was ordered that Kir be spared and the others to pull out.

Though, of course, none of this can be proven until the information is finally released and the truth is exposed.

Just theories and facts, mainly, though I won't venture onto the subject of Shuu, as this isn't the thread for that haha~

Ok your theory on scar akai is brilliant and the idea that shuu is bourbon while with good points still fall since in they implied that Julie was vermont because she was drinking sherry and had a picture map of conan ran and ai. Seeing shuu drinking bourbon either means he is bourbon or he is an ally my thought is sera is bourbon because there was a small scene where we get sera is akai's niece and if she did learn that he was a double agent but the CIA didnt want her so she entered the BO and is attacking from the inside that she can get close to conan possibly akai told her about him or she noticed that he was apart of the CIA for a time.

Thought there is not alot of theories that are in the show since well the new movie is coming out soon, but scar akai is a rouge agent he keeping tabs on the BO by following the CIA but its never elaborated on in the show now except for the reccent episode where (SPOILER) is discovered but now im off topic.

ok im bored think on what i said       

Has anyone else noticed that the major plot points involved the BO happened once every 100 chapters or episodes?  No wonder this series feels so slow.

From what is in the manga now there doesn't seem to be a lot of personal information about Bourbon or Amuro, other than Date, maybe the arc is building up to that before the next big confrontation with the BO.

As for the theory involving investigating Kir and Kogoro it does kind of make sense, after the failed assassination on Kogoro the BO thought it was a trap set up by the FBI, but it didn't look like Gin was too convinced of Kogoro's innocence in the whole situation, I mean he ordered Korn and Chianti to kill Conan as well for being suspicious before being stopped by Akai.  Maybe a part of Bourbon's mission was to see if Mouri really had a connection to the FBI, only to find out about Conan.  Although I doubt he told anyone except Vermouth about his suspicions regarding Conan being the mastermind they are looking for.  To most of the world he's just a kid, can you imagine the reaction of finding out that the BO's biggest problem next to the FBI is an intelligent kid? Of course except for Vermouth they have no idea he's really a high school detective in a kid's body.