Detective Conan World

Bourbon  

116 members have voted

1. 1. What is Bourbon's identity?

• Okiya Subaru
    • Scar Akai (Note that most votes here are from before Amuro existed.)
    • Sera Masumi
    • Akai Shuuichi (who is reinfiltrating the Org.)
    • A new character (not yet introduced)
    • Someone else
    • Koumei
    • Andre Camel
    • Another known character in disguise
    • Amuro Tooru who is Scar Akai
    • Amuro Tooru who is not scar Akai
  2. 2. What is Bourbon's real assignment? (multiple choice)

• Find and kill Sherry
    • Find and kill Akai
    • Investigate the FBI to make sure Akai is really dead
    • Investigate Conan/Shinichi's true identity and kill him if necessary
    • Infiltrate the FBI
    • Test Kir's loyalty
    • Kill someone else
    • Some other assignment
    • Bourbon is a double agent and is trying to spy on or damage/destroy the Org
    • Bourbon doesn't want to do his assignment for personal reasons (e.g. sympathy)
  3. 3. What is Vermouth's promise with Bourbon? (multiple choice)

• Something not listed below
    • Don't do anything that harms Conan and Ran
    • Watch and/or protect Conan and Ran
    • Don't do anything that harms Haibara
    • Watch and/or protect Haibara
    • Don't do anything that harms someone else
    • Watch and/or protect someone else
    • Capture Sherry/Haibara without harming someone else.
    • Capture or kill Akai without harming someone else.
    • To kill/harm a particular person
    • Obtain some information related to Conan or Haibara
    • Obtain some information related to Sera
    • Obtain some information related to Okiya
    • Bourbon will keep a certain secret.
    • Bourbon will not sidetrack him/herself from his/her main mission
    • To do a side operation that is not part of Bourbon's main mission
    • Don't do anything suspicious in front of Conan or Kogoro

So, as the Bourbon arc might be coming to an end, my pronostics right now:

Subaru Okiya: Shuichi Akai or a close friend/ally of his.

Tooru Amuro: a police officer of some special section who investigates Shuichi Akai. Might have some past with Dai Moroboshi (Shuichi Akai during his time in the BO) which triggered a rivalry between the two during his police college years. Has probably met Masumi Sera/Bourbon at another time, which surprised him when he saw her next to Conan. Since that time, he investigates Sera, including

spying on Mouri's webfiles to find some clues from the cases Sera was involved in (clues that Conan is already aware of, and now Subaru Okiya is also).

Masumi Sera: Bourbon. Gosho Aoyama clearly does everything to make the reader not suspect her (unlike Subaru and Tooru), including her never crossing path with Ai Haibara despite many opportunities to do so. And we can easily deduce that she deliberately avoids to meet her since it was previously shown that she has an interest in her (as seen in the Youtube case).

I always assumed Bourbon was a male. When Gin said "Doing whatever he pleases" when he was outside the mall. HE was used, so I assumed he was a male.

Vermouth may be the one that transvestited her. LOL ! Just joking !

If it turns out that Sera is Bourbon I would be super shocked. :/

Me too. But Subaru Okiya is likely Shuichi Akai (or someone close to him) and, if I'm correct, Tooru can't be Bourbon.

I agree that Tooru is likely Scar Akai and everything seems to imply that he is Bourbon (during the hostage bombing case) while nothing really corroborates it. But, has everyone has noticed, the burning is on the wrong side.

Thinking of it, Bourbon isn't an idiot. As a detective, he wouldn't say such thing that "Akai isn't dead" unless he has some elements to corroborate it. My guess is that Bourbon has seen the video of Akai's demise and that he has already correctly deduced what trick Kir and Akai used. Therefore, if I'm right, he KNOWS Akai is still alive.

But Scar Akai clearly hasn't seen that video, otherwise he wouldn't have done such a mistake with the burning. He probably only knows what the paramedics and the FBI know.

And, when we think back on some elements, Sera is no less a suspect than Subaru or Amuro.

I said that Aoyama seemed to evade the meeting between Sera and Haibara, even though Sera knows about her and has shown some interest in her (as seen in the youtube case), but do you remember the time when Conan was captured and Haibara sensed an intense black aura which we are not sure if it belongs to Sera or Amuro.

My guess is... both. Haibara didn't sense an intense black aura, she felt TWO auras at the same time, explaining why she could barely manage it.

I think Gosho Aoyama is trying to mislead the reader and that all three of them have black auras. Aoyama is probably keeping the aura of the true Bourbon a secret until the last moment. But I've felt more than he prevented the meeting between Haibara and Sera (who had plenty of opportunities to meet if Sera wanted) than between Haibara and Amuro (who doesn't seem to know she even exists).

Vermouth may be the one that transvestited her. LOL ! Just joking !

Me too. But Subaru Okiya is likely Shuichi Akai (or someone close to him) and, if I'm correct, Tooru can't be Bourbon.

I agree that Tooru is likely Scar Akai and everything seems to imply that he is Bourbon (during the hostage bombing case) while nothing really corroborates it. But, has everyone has noticed, the burning is on the wrong side.

Thinking of it, Bourbon isn't an idiot. As a detective, he wouldn't say such thing that "Akai isn't dead" unless he has some elements to corroborate it. My guess is that Bourbon has seen the video of Akai's demise and that he has already correctly deduced what trick Kir and Akai used. Therefore, if I'm right, he KNOWS Akai is still alive.

But Scar Akai clearly hasn't seen that video, otherwise he wouldn't have done such a mistake with the burning. He probably only knows what the paramedics and the FBI know.

And, when we think back on some elements, Sera is no less a suspect than Subaru or Amuro.

I said that Aoyama seemed to evade the meeting between Sera and Haibara, even though Sera knows about her and has shown some interest in her (as seen in the youtube case), but do you remember the time when Conan was captured and Haibara sensed an intense black aura which we are not sure if it belongs to Sera or Amuro.

My guess is... both. Haibara didn't sense an intense black aura, she felt TWO auras at the same time, explaining why she could barely manage it.

I think Gosho Aoyama is trying to mislead the reader and that all three of them have black aura. Aoyama is probably keeping the aura of the true Bourbon a secret until the last moment. But I've felt more than he prevented the meeting between Haibara and Sera (who had plenty of opportunities to meet if Sera wanted) than between Haibara and Amuro (who doesn't seem to know she even exists).

That makes some sense.

I always assumed Bourbon was a male. When Gin said "Doing whatever he pleases" when he was outside the mall. HE was used, so I assumed he was a male.

going by a translation doesn’t help, in the original Japanese it might’ve used a genderless pronoun or whatever else

I don't know. While it's definitly possible Sera is Bourbon, I really just don't think she is. I don't really have the facts to back me up but I'm sticking behind my decision of Amuro = Bourbon.

Considering how little people seem to care here about being spoiled, while I do think you should be careful, perhaps putting it in a spoiler tag with a clear warning above it explaining where it takes evidence from, maybe that would be okay? It's not like people can claim to have missed a huge warning after all

Still, waiting for confirmation that that's allowed is probably best.

Considering how little people seem to care here about being spoiled, while I do think you should be careful, perhaps putting it in a spoiler tag with a clear warning above it explaining where it takes evidence from, maybe that would be okay? It's not like people can claim to have missed a huge warning after all

Still, waiting for confirmation that that's allowed is probably best.

The problem is that the topic itself is all spoiler in a way. Bourbon hasn't even appeared on the english parution I think.

I put everything in my post under spoiler tags just in case.

I think Aoyama is purposely trying to lead us to think that Sera's indeed Bourbon. This first happened in the previous showdown between the three MAIN SUSPECTS for Bourbon! I believe that it's Amuro, and that he has just got Sera into the picture to confuse us and Okiya to protect Conan and Ai (Assuming that he is Akai)

818 spoilers

Another time Aoyama has done this is in the latest Mystery train case. Sera's hat is worn by Scar akai . I don't know why he has done that, but I think it is only to confuse us.

Mod edit: Make sure you get all the spoilery bits in the spoiler boxes

I kinda agree on the theory that if Scar Akai is Bourbon, and Bourbon is a detective, he wouldn't be that naive to disguise Akai with a scar. That would be like overdoing it on Bourbon's part.

However, if Bourbon has YET to see the video of how Akai supposedly died (if there was a video of it after all), he probably thinks that by disguising Akai, who was left in a car that was bombed, a scar is a good prop.

I wonder if Vermouth ever told Bourbon about the fact that there are survivors of APTX-4869 (it's very conflicting: on one hand, Bourbon is ostensibly targeting Sherry and wants whatever information helpful in finding her, but on the other hand, Vermouth had promised to Conan that she would leave Sherry alone).

I wonder if Vermouth ever told Bourbon about the fact that there are survivors of APTX-4869 (it's very conflicting: on one hand, Bourbon is ostensibly targeting Sherry and wants whatever information helpful in finding her, but on the other hand, Vermouth had promised to Conan that she would leave Sherry alone).

I doubt he was told about it...

818 manga spoilers

The fact Gin heard about the video means that Bourbon would question Vermouth hiding it from them. Vermouth, if she was the only one who saw it, would not have reported it. Because Bourbon saw it however, that means she was forced to. That means Bourbon is not loyal enough to Vermouth personally and is too loyal to the Org to be trusted with the truth.

In any case, I still think that Bourbon is using Shiho as a means to the end of getting Akai. He thinks Shiho is working with the FBI because Conan's gum tracker combo was wrongly attributed to the FBI. Because of Akai's relations with Akemi, if Bourbon thinks he can find Shiho, he'll find Akai who has been helping her, or so he believes. His main target is still Akai, but, as a bonus, he'd also be getting Sherry too which makes the rest of the BO happy and would probably help him rank/seniority/permission to do more things he wants to-wise.

Just to make things clear,

Chapter 818 spoilers

I don't know what this video stuff is about and I don't want to know it before I read the chapter but, if it is really a recording of the video of Akai's death (like the one I suspected the existence in my theory), then it was speculation at the time, not spoilers. I didn't know it existed for real, I swear.

What is Bourbon's identity?

I think that Okiya Subaru is Bourbon.

What is Bourbon's real assignment?

Some other assignment (I think he wants protect ai from the organization Because it is his sister :rolleyes:

What is Vermouth's promise with Bourbon?

Don't do anything that harms Conan and Ran And others

hmmmm Well , I think that okiya subaru and ai

Brothers Or relatives

well , Okiya Subaru Has the same Hair Color Rare Which His Heredity ai From her mother as Reported In some episodes

http://im25.gulfup.com/2012-05-20/1337465785251.jpg

Just to make things clear,

Chapter 818 spoilers

I don't know what this video stuff is about and I don't want to know it before I read the chapter but, if it is really a recording of the video of Akai's death (like the one I suspected the existence in my theory), then it was speculation at the time, not spoilers. I didn't know it existed for real, I swear.

The video I was talking about is the one of Shiho from 817. I don't know if you were directing this comment to me, but I just wanted to be clear if you were. - answer not spoilers so not spoiler boxed

Edit: Bloody hell people, the featured wiki article is the Okiya is Akai theory. If we break 20% for Okiya I'm going to weep.

As for me, my pronostics right now are the followings:

Subaru Okiya: Shuichi Akai.

Masumi Sera: Bourbon.

Tooru Amuro: A special unit police officer undercover. He is also Scar Akai.

As for me, my pronostics right now are the followings:

Subaru Okiya: Shuichi Akai.

Masumi Sera: Bourbon.

Tooru Amuro: A special unit police officer undercover. He is also Scar Akai.

Out of curiosity, what deal would the police have with Akai? I was under the impression that the only ones interested in Akai, are Bourbon (plus the rest of the Black Org) and the FBI. I'm on the "Amuro is Bourbon" train, but I'm not sure if it makes sense that Amuro is both an undercover cop AND Scar Akai. I do agree however, that Subaru is Akai. xD.

Out of curiosity, what deal would the police have with Akai?

There are plenty of reasons Akai could be at odds with the japanese police. He was a BO operative once, though it was a cover. And he probably had some encounters with Tooru Amuro at that time.