Detective Conan World

Bourbon  

116 members have voted

1. 1. What is Bourbon's identity?

• Okiya Subaru
    • Scar Akai (Note that most votes here are from before Amuro existed.)
    • Sera Masumi
    • Akai Shuuichi (who is reinfiltrating the Org.)
    • A new character (not yet introduced)
    • Someone else
    • Koumei
    • Andre Camel
    • Another known character in disguise
    • Amuro Tooru who is Scar Akai
    • Amuro Tooru who is not scar Akai
  2. 2. What is Bourbon's real assignment? (multiple choice)

• Find and kill Sherry
    • Find and kill Akai
    • Investigate the FBI to make sure Akai is really dead
    • Investigate Conan/Shinichi's true identity and kill him if necessary
    • Infiltrate the FBI
    • Test Kir's loyalty
    • Kill someone else
    • Some other assignment
    • Bourbon is a double agent and is trying to spy on or damage/destroy the Org
    • Bourbon doesn't want to do his assignment for personal reasons (e.g. sympathy)
  3. 3. What is Vermouth's promise with Bourbon? (multiple choice)

• Something not listed below
    • Don't do anything that harms Conan and Ran
    • Watch and/or protect Conan and Ran
    • Don't do anything that harms Haibara
    • Watch and/or protect Haibara
    • Don't do anything that harms someone else
    • Watch and/or protect someone else
    • Capture Sherry/Haibara without harming someone else.
    • Capture or kill Akai without harming someone else.
    • To kill/harm a particular person
    • Obtain some information related to Conan or Haibara
    • Obtain some information related to Sera
    • Obtain some information related to Okiya
    • Bourbon will keep a certain secret.
    • Bourbon will not sidetrack him/herself from his/her main mission
    • To do a side operation that is not part of Bourbon's main mission
    • Don't do anything suspicious in front of Conan or Kogoro

I wounder when Okiya said: " for those holding their breath waiting impatiently for the pray in this heat I like to treat them to some hot bitter coffee."meant anything??? (episode 581 first 2 min) Hmmm

It sounds like a threat to me. I have seen one other Japanese context where offers of hot bitter coffee came up; it did turn out to be threat.

phoenix-coffeed%28b%29.gifgodot-objection.gif

• Upvote 1

What anime was it?

It's actually an extremely good detective mystery game called Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations which is the third game in the series. You play a lawyer who is trying to exonerate his clients who have been accused of murder. The cases are all very good and the story and characters are extremely strong.

The gameplay has an investigation phase where you examine crime scenes and look for clues, talk to suspects and witnesses, and arm yourself with information for the trial part where you cross examine witnesses and suspects, try to defeat the prosecutor's and hostile witnesses' theories, and basically use all the evidence you collected in the investigation phase to find the true culprit. The game is a few years old, and can be purchased cheap for a few platforms.

You can see the first case here:

• Upvote 1

It's actually an extremely good detective mystery game called Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations which is the third game in the series. You play a lawyer who is trying to exonerate his clients who have been accused of murder. The cases are all very good and the story and characters are extremely strong.

The gameplay has an investigation phase where you examine crime scenes and look for clues, talk to suspects and witnesses, and arm yourself with information for the trial part where you cross examine witnesses and suspects, try to defeat the prosecutor's and hostile witnesses' theories, and basically use all the evidence you collected in the investigation phase to find the true culprit. The game is a few years old, and can be purchased cheap for a few platforms.

You can see the first case here:

Seems pretty fun

Ah-le-le

in chaper 755 anime 653 Okiya gets Conan's spare glasses to track them down im not sure if he used them around him but he did use the around Akai maybe it is him hmm

who knows maybe wrong

scar akai

I don't know but why did he hide from sera ?

I think Sera might have revealed his disguise if she caught up with him.

Sera: "Big Bro!"

*grabs Scar Akai's arms and puts Scar Akai in an arm lock*

Onlookers: "Le gasp!"

Sera: *emits aura of pure evil* "What. the. hell. have. you. been. doing? They came to our door to tell us you were dead!"

*Sera tightens arm lock painfully*

Scar Akai: *whimpers in pain*

Sera: "Mom has been crying for weeks straight!"

*Sera performs totally awesome throw which sends Scar Akai face first into the pavement*

Onlookers: "Le gasp!"

Sera: "And I've been... !?!? ... You... You're that Amuro guy! Why the hell are you disguised as my brother!?"

I'm not sure if we can be 100% sure that it was Scar Akai who Sera thought that she saw. It could be the other way around. I'm not saying that I know who Sera saw but it could be that Akai was investigating either her or possibly Amuro because he thought one of them was Bourbon. You never know, it could be that he hid from Sera since he didn't want to let Bourbon see him.

This is just one of the many possibiity there is. I just wanted to point this out. I'm well aware that there are many loose ends Chekhov.

I'm not sure if we can be 100% sure that it was Scar Akai who Sera thought that she saw. It could be the other way around. I'm not saying that I know who Sera saw but it could be that Akai was investigating either her or possibly Amuro because he thought one of them was Bourbon. You never know, it could be that he hid from Sera since he didn't want to let Bourbon see him.

If he was the real Akai and wanted to investigate Sera (whom he think might've been Bourbon), wouldn't it be safer just observing her from the behind. Why recklessly appeared right at her pass-by path and let her saw him ? BO members have very sharp eyes, if you weren't careful enough, you would be easily discovered, and I'm sure that Akai knows that very well. Therefore it would be out of character for the real Akai if he wanted to investigate a potential BO operative that way.

And assume that he's the real Akai, how did he know that there was this guy named Bourbon hanging around to investigate anyway ?

• Upvote 1

If he was the real Akai and wanted to investigate Sera (whom he think might've been Bourbon), wouldn't it be safer just observing her from the behind. Why recklessly appeared right at her pass-by path and let her saw him ? BO members have very sharp eyes, if you weren't careful enough, you would be easily discovered, and I'm sure that Akai knows that very well. Therefore it would be out of character for the real Akai if he wanted to investigate a potential BO operative that way.

And assume that he's the real Akai, how did he know that there was this guy named Bourbon hanging around to investigate anyway ?

Maybe that's the reason why he faked his death in the first place, to fool Bourbon since he knew that he'd come after him. when he saw him hanging around the Beika district. I realize that I said that Scar Akai is the real Akai but you never know.

By the way, I find it suspicious that the three of them got a call at the exact same time when Vermouth called. She was talking directly to one of them but what were the other two doing? Also, they were all using different kinds of communication devices. I don't know much about these stuff but maybe one of you have an idea.

One more thing. The person Haibara felt was behind her could've been Vermouth.

Also, can any of you guys tell me if Tooru is right handed or left handed? I'm not sure about Masumi either. Also, should I be suspicious that Okiya's earpiece was on his right ear at the end of chapter 800?

One more thng. The person Haibara felt was following them could've been Vermouth.

Maybe that's the reason why he faked his death in the first place, to fool Bourbon since he knew that he'd come after him. when he saw him hanging around the Beika district. I realize that I said that Scar Akai is the real Akai but you never know.

I doubt that knowing a person coming after him and hunt him down, he would still appear with the same appearance (i.e no disguise) on the street, where everyone can see and recognize him. If there was a random BO member (doesn't have to be Bourbon) hanging around then he's done (and so will Kir). The same argument for his first and second appearances (where many Org. members saw him).

By the way, I find it suspicious that the three of them got a call at the exact same time when Vermouth called. She was talking directly to one of them but what were the other two doing? Also, they were all using different kinds of communication devices. I don't know much about these stuff but maybe one of you have an idea.

So far there have been many possible explanations for this (the following are just examples):

1. It was just a coincidence. One of them really did answer Vermouth's call. The other two answered different calls from different people (I don't know who though), but at the same time. Gosho obviously cannot show one of them receive the call, as it would be too obvious.

2. Only one of them really answered the call (from Vermouth). The other two (one or both) bugged that call, which explains why they rang at the same time. Although I find this rather unlikely.

3. One of them really answered the call (from Vermouth). The other two (one or both) make a call. Note that it only shows that Amuro's phone actually rang. Sera was using a different device, it was hard to tell whether she called or receive a call (the SFX was more like pressing sound). Okiya's *blink* effect was ambiguous, it doesn't necessarily mean that he was receiving a call (since he was sitting in a car, he might have actually heard the radio or something).

4. None of them received the call from Vermouth. Bourbon is someone else, Vermouth was there for different purpose. Gosho draws that just to trick us.

One more thing. The person Haibara felt was behind her could've been Vermouth.

Also, can any of you guys tell me if Tooru is right handed or left handed? I'm not sure about Masumi either. Also, should I be suspicious that Okiya's earpiece was on his right ear at the end of chapter 800?

Amuro is shown most of the time to use right hand, and so is Sera: http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/User:Chekhov_MacGuffin/Handedness. About your wondering, answering phone calls and doing other simple actions may not always follow the handedness. (All of the 3 use opposite hand to answer the call btw).

• Upvote 2

I'm not sure if we can be 100% sure that it was Scar Akai who Sera thought that she saw.

He appears suddenly, silently, in the same clothes he used to appear in from Jodie. He then vanishes right away after the person of interest lays eyes on him and chases him down. He's got the scar. He targets people who seem to have a relationship with Akai. The modus operandi and appearance match.

To avoid unnecessarily complicating things without good reason, you should generally assume the simplest possible solution and that things are like how they appear unless there is evidence otherwise. Do have any evidence this guy is not scar Akai or that there are different scar Akai's wandering around?

It could be the other way around. I'm not saying that I know who Sera saw but it could be that Akai was investigating either her or possibly Amuro because he thought one of them was Bourbon. You never know, it could be that he hid from Sera since he didn't want to let Bourbon see him.

Scar Akai is not Akai. Now that we are past that, Scar Akai picked a bad day to target Amuro because that was his day off. Shouldn't he have done his research ahead of time? Black Demon snagged my other points.

Akai faked his death because Kir would need to undergo a loyalty test after Gin and the boss became suspicious.

Black Demon covered the rest.

Okiya is not bourbon because he said the same as in my signature about the BO and suspicious ones are Amuro and Sera.

Is Sera a boy? But she looks suspicious now that she knows who conan is!

Amuro, didn't show any signs on knowing conan's identity but he suddenly gets involved in a case ( Takagi kidnapping case, where Amuro seems to be the cause of the case).

As for the promise/deal between Bourbon and Vermouth, I still doubt that she would recklessly mention Conan or Ran to a third person, let alone protecting/not harming them (although this theory seems to be the most likely at the moment). Unless Bourbon is also the "disloyal" type like Vermouth, this is pretty dangerous for her (and also for Conan/Ran), because it will lead into unwanted suspicions of her connections with them (especially Conan). Until we can confirm that Vermouth has a good reason to believe that Bourbon would be loyal to her no matter what (probably like Calvados, but even Calvados disobeyed her order for continuously shooting at Ran), I'm still iffy about this. Also I think that Vermouth doesn't fully trust Bourbon, otherwise she wouldn't have had to track them down and called him/her just to make sure that he/she would keep the promise.

I personally think that Vermouth asked Bourbon, using his/her ability, to help her doing something to her own advantage in the future (not now). It doesn't have to belong to the Bourbon arc. Perhaps this is one of the "eternal unresolved plots" (like Elena's tape, Akemi's PS...) that Gosho will not reveal to us any time soon. For now I'll just vote "Something not listed", when we have more clues maybe I'll re-vote.

Crack theories:

1. Assuming that Amuro is Bourbon, his white RX-7 was actually lent to him by Vermouth, who made him promise that if it had any scratch on it, he'd have to pay her for the whole car with his own money. And after seeing what he's done to the car in 800, Vermouth had to call him to remind him of the "promise". (Look at that poor boy's depressed face when he was answering the phone call, you can see it all...) icon_twisted.gif

2. Knowing Vermouth, it might possibly be something sex-related

mellow.gif (Again, look at Amuro's depressed face LOL...)

3. Remember to bring her some sandwiches from Poirot on the way home

laugh.gif

Anyway, another question is what exactly, for Bourbon to keep the promise, did Vermouth give him/her in return ? Was it just simply the help in disguise, probably some information about Kogoro... or was there anything else to it ?

As for the promise/deal between Bourbon and Vermouth, I still doubt that she would recklessly mention Conan or Ran to a third person, let alone protecting/not harming them (although this theory seems to be the most likely at the moment). Unless Bourbon is also the "disloyal" type like Vermouth, this is pretty dangerous for her (and also for Conan/Ran), because it will lead into unwanted suspicions of her connections with them (especially Conan).

I do think Bourbon has a good chance of being the "loyalty-may-be-questionable" type like Vermouth. Gin commented that Bourbon was secretive like Vermouth, but Amuro seems to be like her in other ways. If we look at Amuro's attachments, he still cares about people in his civilian life (Date Wataru) which means he is not completely ruthless and could sympathize with a story (true or not) Vermouth might tell him about why Conan and Ran are important to her.

Regarding the risk Vermouth was taking mentioning Conan and Ran, I think he forced her hand. Amuro was probably suspicious of Kogoro from the start because of the Ding Dong Dash case. (Scar Akai had Kogoro's number well before Amuro appeared) When Amuro was researching targets and trying to convince the boss/Vermouth of his plan to find the not-dead Akai, she heard about his intent concerning the Mouri family and made him make the promise in exchange for her help and support because it was better than her doing nothing and hoping Amuro didn't destroy the Mouris.

Also I think that Vermouth doesn't fully trust Bourbon, otherwise she wouldn't have had to track them down and called him/her just to make sure that he/she would keep the promise.

I agree with this.

Alright I just started reading the manga and I can already see that this Amuro guy might be Bourbon. That's pretty much just a baseless claim though.

Also I think it's possible he was dressed as Scar Akai earlier, since I agree with the Scar Akai is Bourbon theory.

Well, from that scene I can say with a straight face, that Amuro is Bourbon. Scar Akai has appeared before Sera and Okiya. Scar Akai is obviously Bourbon in disguise because Gin called off the snipers (I love Korn, I find him adorable, but I hate Chianti). Vermouth is on the phone with Bourbon while Conan is kidnapped. Which finally narrowed down Bourbon down to three people. (Okiya, Sera, or Amuro) Since Scar Akai has appeared before Okiya and Sera, who does that leave? Just saying.

Um, why not add Shiho's parents into the equation? blink.gif

Because there is no evidence they have any chance of being Bourbon or relevant to this arc. Technically all the characters are Bourbon candidates, but only a few really have anything going for them. It would be a waste to clog the poll with random options. At this point it's pretty much Okiya, Scar Akai, Sera, and Amuro. Camel and Koumei are there because they are fairly new, and the Akai re-infiltrating theory was sort of popular at one point.

I know that someone may have mentioned the answer in this same thread already ( a little bit lazy back reading).

In the Red T-shirts case, Jodie received a warning from Akai. If Bourbon is Scar Akai, why did he gave that warning to Jodie? If we recall, Scar Akai was at the same shop almost at the same time with Jodie.

Thanks for answering! Just got curious after re-watching the episode.

I know that someone may have mentioned the answer in this same thread already ( a little bit lazy back reading).

In the Red T-shirts case, Jodie received a warning from Akai. If Bourbon is Scar Akai, why did he gave that warning to Jodie? If we recall, Scar Akai was at the same shop almost at the same time with Jodie.

Thanks for answering! Just got curious after re-watching the episode.

Yeah that's something I'm not sure about either. If we think of Scar Akai as Bourbon then maybe he was protecting Jodie to make it seem like Akai is still alive. I think by doing this he might also trigger the FBI into looking for Akai too, and locating Akai could be one of his objectives. This is just a guess though.

Then again there's always the chance Scar Akai didn't even leave the message (though evidence points towards the possibility he did).

Yeah that's something I'm not sure about either. If we think of Scar Akai as Bourbon then maybe he was protecting Jodie to make it seem like Akai is still alive. I think by doing this he might also trigger the FBI into looking for Akai too, and locating Akai could be one of his objectives. This is just a guess though.

Then again there's always the chance Scar Akai didn't even leave the message (though evidence points towards the possibility he did).

Okiya could have snuck in and left it too because he was following. I think that's slightly more likely than Scar Akai. If it was Okiya it was probably in response to finding out from the news clip that Jodie was stalked last time she was in public by scar Akai at the bank. Jodie should have appeared on the tape too.

Okiya could have snuck in and left it too because he was following. I think that's slightly more likely than Scar Akai. If it was Okiya it was probably in response to finding out from the news clip that Jodie was stalked last time she was in public by scar Akai at the bank. Jodie should have appeared on the tape too.

I think another conclusive evidence to your claim is the scene where Okiya and Jodie accidentally bumped to each other as Jodie was trying to prevent Jodie from following Scar Akai outside the mall. I think Okiya did this to prevent Jodie from being seen by the BO and suspect that he already knows that a Scar Akai is roaming around the city. It would be very complicated for her safety if the BO suspects her and the FBI that they also know the possibility of Akai being alive.

Remember, Bourbon is also secretive, just like Vermouth. A famous theory here states that Bourbon did the Scar Akai thing to find Akai, whom he believed survived the Reiha Pass incident with Kir and never died.

But at the end of the episode, I was convinced that it is 99% accurate that Scar Akai isn't Akai. It's because when Scar Akai was spotted by Gin, he wasn't threatened at all. I assume that he already knew that it was Bourbon, imitating Scar Akai. That's why he said this line to Kir, "Always doing as he pleases, that bastard irritates me as usual." When Kir asked who was Gin referring to, he answered, "Like what you said, one you would wish only existed in novels, a private eye like Sherlock Holmes." This description was referring to Bourbon, as what Kir said earlier than this part.

• Upvote 1