Detective Conan World
Scar Akai

useless guys

i certainly agree to that.

Thank you.

Also, I don't think you should call others useless just because they lurk/don't contribute anything. :|

Not everyone has time to come on DCW ALL THE TIME. Real life takes on a higher priority than a virtual one.

Besides, there are definitely people who will come back after years/months being inactive due to various reasons. They might have lost interest in DC at times, but rekindle their love for DC and come back here again and maybe contribute something.

Also, making an introduction is up to the person, why bother to make such a rule to "force" everyone here to make one? If s/he doesn't want to make one, so be it. You don't really need an introduction to know a person.

I think people in DCW shouldn't worry about taking breaks and worry about whether or not his/her own account will get deleted. (I actually think it will get annoying awhile if you keep thinking whether or not your account in DCW is still here :wink:)

This x50000000000

If I could find a way to highlight this post, underline it, put it up in neon lights, I would.

• Upvote 1

Thank you.

Also, I don't think you should call others useless just because they lurk/don't contribute anything. :|

Absolutely absolutely right!!! they may not have the time to contribute to this web but maybe we have contributed something for them right? there are a lot of members and guest here that only read the threads and posts to satisfy their interests about DC, we should be proud about that! =)

Not everyone has time to come on DCW ALL THE TIME. Real life takes on a higher priority than a virtual one.

Besides, there are definitely people who will come back after years/months being inactive due to various reasons. They might have lost interest in DC at times, but rekindle their love for DC and come back here again and maybe contribute something.

Also, making an introduction is up to the person, why bother to make such a rule to "force" everyone here to make one? If s/he doesn't want to make one, so be it. You don't really need an introduction to know a person.

I think people in DCW shouldn't worry about taking breaks and worry about whether or not his/her own account will get deleted. (I actually think it will get annoying awhile if you keep thinking whether or not your account in DCW is still here :wink:)

I 100% agree

They just want to lurk in peace. What's the problem with that?

*lurks*

I was looking at your signature, then your username, and it took me a minute to actually figure out who you are even though it's obvious enough. /headdesk

*starts lurking too*

The only kind of pruning I might be doing is for old "Validating" accounts (i.e. members who tried to register but failed, didn't receive a confirmation email, etc...). This will free up usernames that no one can use anyway.

Other than that, there won't be any accounts deletion going on. Just like sandii very well mentioned, DCW should only be a gathering place around DC for fun, not an obligation to contribute, post or feel threatened of getting deleted due to inactivity. I want to reassure everyone by giving our official stance on this. So now, you can all just relax and keep enjoying the world of DC!

The only kind of pruning I might be doing is for old "Validating" accounts (i.e. members who tried to register but failed, didn't receive a confirmation email, etc...). This will free up usernames that no one can use anyway.

Other than that, there won't be any accounts deletion going on. Just like sandii very well mentioned, DCW should only be a gathering place around DC for fun, not an obligation to contribute, post or feel threatened of getting deleted due to inactivity. I want to reassure everyone by giving our official stance on this. So now, you can all just relax and keep enjoying the world of DC!

So, Maurice has reached the conclusion that I personally wanted all along. Yay!

Anyway, I feel this thread has lost it's importance. It should be locked....I think...

I had my account for two months before using it... I think it's a little harsh to delete it. Maybe you could send out a warning message to the email they gave and if they don't reply in a week then you can delete the account? That could work.

I had my account for two months before using it... I think it's a little harsh to delete it. Maybe you could send out a warning message to the email they gave and if they don't reply in a week then you can delete the account? That could work.

yeah, agree..

I am going on with Sandii, Crawler, and Maurice for this. I do not think it's necessary to delete ones account because they didn't log in for a long time. Not most life is easy as it it maybe looks. And it's inappropriate to call them 'useless' just because they don't join conversations and things and such. They have things more important... Maybe they prefer just to lurk rather than joining in conversations (like most people). Doing so (deleting accounts), makes DCW more unwelcome. If I were to be a lurker and read this... I will be offended.

I know some quite people that they had joined long time ago and just has been active recently.

• Upvote 1

yes, I agree with you!

when I a newbie i don't make an introduction, i just start to add friends and make a conversation with them,actually I also rarely post, but I always took time to open this forum while doing coursework just to find out the latest news about Conan,

people coming into this forum must be because they like Conan and want to know many about Conan earlier than others.

I don't remember if I ever made an introduction, and it's been a long time since I first joined. I recently came back because some fanfic.net friends had been posting on my profile thing and I was getting notices. There's a ton of talking on profiles that aren't in forums.. so people who didn't make introductions on the forums could be active and not really wanting at the moment to join forum conversations. Heck, if profile posts counted, I think I'd be past newbie by now O.o;

But yes, the accounts with no actual complete registration are probably safe to delete, considering. I'm sure most of this conversation is rather exhausted by now though. >.>;

I don't remember if I ever made an introduction, and it's been a long time since I first joined. I recently came back because some fanfic.net friends had been posting on my profile thing and I was getting notices. There's a ton of talking on profiles that aren't in forums.. so people who didn't make introductions on the forums could be active and not really wanting at the moment to join forum conversations. Heck, if profile posts counted, I think I'd be past newbie by now O.o;

But yes, the accounts with no actual complete registration are probably safe to delete, considering. I'm sure most of this conversation is rather exhausted by now though. >.>;

Hear, hear. I've noticed that some people don't seem to bother to validate theirs for a while, maybe give them a week to validate it?

Oh, congrats on being an advanced member, senpai!

Look, our websites have more than 300 members but only about 300 have posted. So why not delete the accounts of people who have joined for more than a year but have never logged in since then? We can also delete accounts which have been in validating condition for more than X months.

I'm sorry, but I strongly disagree with your statment. I personally don't find it fair. I think you should understand that we as teens all have things to do. School, work, hobbies and etc....... even Maurice, the admin of DCW don't often come on.

Though I made my account a couple of weeks ago and tries my best to come online once a day, I know in the future when I'm really busy, I won't be having the time or privilige to come on DCW whenever I can..... But that doesn't mean I'd want to come online one day after 2 month and find my account deactivated due to that. Give people time and patience, because one day you will be one of the "useless guys" and I'm sure you wouldn't like it if other members posting things like this.

Okay, what is the point in deleting them? what if I was busy and could not visit the website for some time and when I do want to sign in I can't because my account has be deleted....???

Just email them and give them 1 week deadline to response to it.

Why not do that?, almost everyone opens there email.

Its there fault if they are not opening there email.

will why not just keep them? why bother delete every account?!!?

If you dont care about the one who holds the data, Then why bother to delete them

But If you care then delete them since they store a lot of info (Since I am a Web Admin also who back up site datas)

I think for those who dont post just delete them because they can still freely visit the site even without Account.

I put real life as a prioirty, and I still am one of the most active members.

I honestly wish people would come back.

Your right...

Just once a month\week open there account thats ok for me but not those person who opens there account once a year or even never.

Hmm...I'd say that if there was a need to, we could give them a 2 week deadline. But what if they're on vacation and have no access to internet? That would be unfair. If it doesn't affect much, keeping it won't affect much. Still...why create an account if you're never going to use it? I'm probably one of the most active members right now and I really wish some of the older members would come back occasionally, though I wouldn't mind a whole lot of new and active members either...

How so? There's a logical reason why in the future inactive members may have to have their accounts deleted. Discussing it now as to how to do it the fairest way is a good option. I don't see how this thread is 'evil'.