• Heterosexual
    • Other
  2. 2. Romantic Orientation?

• Homoromantic
    • Biromantic
    • Aromantic
    • Heteroromantic
    • Other
  3. 3. Are your romantic/sexual orientations different?

• Yes
    • No

Well, I don't think you guys quite understand.

I told my parents several months ago, but every time I bring it up my mom just has that... look in her eyes and it's extremely annoying. It gets kinda tense after.

If I ever have a child, or adopt one for that matter and they come to me and say, "Mom... I'm homosexual" or bisexual, I'm just going to say, "Alright. What do you want for dinner?"

Please treat it like it's normal. The kid wouldn't want anymore stress and if they need to talk about it, I'll listen. But the upcoming generations should learn that homosexuality isn't unnatural. There are many things that are unnatural that are human made things and technology. That's not natural, yet we still use it and it's a big aspect of our life.

"Please treat it like it's normal."

This is where you're making your mistake. You're expecting your parents to completely understand. Chelsea, your parents came from a different time and a different world. They weren't prepared in this world for such a radical thing such as homosexuality being not just accepted in this world, but for their own child to be deciding on whether or not they are something other than heterosexual. It is extraordinarily easy for a liberal teenager to say "I'm just gonna be like 'alright' and not care", but it's not as easy for a parent who doesn't have the preparation for such an issue like you have. No matter how liberal your parents are, they're not prepared. Very few parents are.

They'll understand in due time, but telling them as soon as you did probably won't be the wisest decision you'll ever make.

• Upvote 5

"Please treat it like it's normal."

This is where you're making your mistake. You're expecting your parents to completely understand. Chelsea, your parents came from a different time and a different world. They weren't prepared in this world for such a radical thing such as homosexuality being not just accepted in this world, but for their own child to be deciding on whether or not they are something other than heterosexual. It is extraordinarily easy for a liberal teenager to say "I'm just gonna be like 'alright' and not care", but it's not as easy for a parent who doesn't have the preparation for such an issue like you have. No matter how liberal your parents are, they're not prepared. Very few parents are.

They'll understand in due time, but telling them as soon as you did probably won't be the wisest decision you'll ever make.

Yeah, I know all to well they grew up differently... I am being kind of a hypocrite for saying they did for other reasons but not realizing for this case. Thanks for reminding me.

It was, like I said, quite a while ago... And I guess it wasn't, but I was glad to get it off my back and to be able to let them know. They are understanding people, and I appreciate them for that. I'm extremely lucky that they still accept me.

This is a rough time in general and everything's piling up, so that's probably it. But now I'll try to think about it a bit more openly... Thanks again, CC.

I'm glad you felt confident enough to open up to your parents. No matter their feelings on your decision, they should respect and love you for being the daughter they brought up who can come to them and not hide the truth. i hope things get better from here, Aka-chan~ ^_^

I feel really awkward being way too close to girls not of my level. I mean, im just a normal girl, and to have a sophisticated lady sit beside me really feels uncomfortable. I tend to sweat a lot. and do you know when this started? since I was like, seven. yes, seven. weird, I know; but I don't really have any idea why I feel this way. I admit, I am fascinated by girls more often...or always. I was never attracted to boys. okay, I got a crush on someone. if the way you treat me would change, I won't really mind. I would fully understand.

right now, I still can't say I'm bisexual or homosexual. however this may turn out, I'll be brave enough to accept whatever cynicism I may have to face in the future. I don't think I'm ready to get out of the box just yet, though.

• Upvote 2

I feel really awkward being way too close to girls not of my level. I mean, im just a normal girl, and to have a sophisticated lady sit beside me really feels uncomfortable. I tend to sweat a lot. and do you know when this started? since I was like, seven. yes, seven. weird, I know; but I don't really have any idea why I feel this way. I admit, I am fascinated by girls more often...or always. I was never attracted to boys. okay, I got a crush on someone. if the way you treat me would change, I won't really mind. I would fully understand.

right now, I still can't say I'm bisexual or homosexual. however this may turn out, I'll be brave enough to accept whatever cynicism I may have to face in the future. I don't think I'm ready to get out of the box just yet, though.

That's really brave of you to come out, Ezra. <3 Being bisexual and homosexual typically isn't a choice, so don't worry about it. ^^ You'll be okay here. :) So... Saki-chan?

Wait...I thought you liked a guy first when you joined DCW o.O

And I'm spazzing all over the confession for some reason xD;;

That's really brave of you to come out, Ezra. <3 Being bisexual and homosexual typically isn't a choice, so don't worry about it. ^^ You'll be okay here. :) So... Saki-chan?

Wait...I thought you liked a guy first when you joined DCW o.O

And I'm spazzing all over the confession for some reason xD;;

meanie D: it was just mere liking, Sophia. he was just reeeeeeeeally nice to everyone I can't help admiring him. anyway, im so over it now. my chaotic confession to him is now just a part of the DCW history, although I never talked about it openly.

Well, I don't think you guys quite understand.

I told my parents several months ago, but every time I bring it up my mom just has that... look in her eyes and it's extremely annoying. It gets kinda tense after.

If I ever have a child, or adopt one for that matter and they come to me and say, "Mom... I'm homosexual" or bisexual, I'm just going to say, "Alright. What do you want for dinner?"

Please treat it like it's normal. The kid wouldn't want anymore stress and if they need to talk about it, I'll listen. But the upcoming generations should learn that homosexuality isn't unnatural. There are many things that are unnatural that are human made things and technology. That's not natural, yet we still use it and it's a big aspect of our life.

I'm so glad you could get it off your chest Akako-chan. Confessing your sexuality openly to your parents isn't an easy thing to go through. That... I can tell. But as CC said, it isn't easy for them either. Not because they've been raised in a different environment or because it might be slightly easier for them to be more open-minded or understanding when it comes to others' matters except for when it comes to face their own daughter's, but because it's their feelings towards you we're talking about as well.

And with this I'm not actually telling you that you're at fault for not realizing what they might be feeling, but that all of you are going through a confusing period. And it just can't be helped.. It is as hard to admit as to assume. Because, let's put it bluntly, being gay isn't an easy thing to face. It's never been. You need a whole buch of strength and confidence, but most importantly... of support and love. And what could seem to be uncomprehension by your parents' response at first, could as well just be they way of caring and worrying about you.

I'm not going to go on and tell you it's definitely that but.. it might be. It was in my case. And so I thought.. it could be in yours. If I could say something out of my own experience, I would say "be yourself". Don't have fear of who you are, because the people who truly love you will be right by your side, no matter what..

Haven't anyone else noticed that There are alot of gays but few lesbos?

And I think everyone who don't treat this kind of people like they treat normal people is an idiot. Really.

They're just normal people. Everyone has the right to fall in love with any kind of people they want. Everyone got their reasons.

• Upvote 1

This proves that homosexuality is a sin

For all those people out their who have the feeling of homosexuality please go to a local church and talk to the pastor, ask him to help you overcome this sin. You will be glad you did.

... I hadn't read this before. I don't see why any person should look upon another and say something like this. To be completely honest, I am atheistic, and do not believe in things as 'sinful' so much as immoral, wrong, or illegal.

HOWEVER, there is no way someone can convince me that another person is committing an act against their moral values, no matter their religious beliefs, by falling in love with someone of the same gender. (or opposite, for that matter)

How would you feel if people told you that you couldn't marry the person you love because you are different genders? Have you EVER seen a homosexual group trying to ban heterosexual marriage?! What if someone else's holy book said that marriage was to be only between members of the same gender, and that opposite gender relations were merely for reproductive purposes and not to be emotionally binding?

As for trying to 'fix' homosexuality... there is no problem in the first place! I wholeheartedly support all relationships that are based on love, support, and faith in one another. Telling someone that they aren't allowed to love someone because of their gender is infringement of their rights, especially in the US, where the right to pursue happiness is guaranteed by out constitution.

I won't ramble on about how I do not support any of your religious views or anything you said in your statement, but I do want to say this: If you do not support gay-straight alliance, do NOT post here. This thread is meant to remind everyone that they should love who they love despite the objections of people like you. Normally I refrain from using any hateful language or referring to others as 'disgusting' or 'wrong' because of their beliefs, but how can you deny someone the right to love based on your own beliefs? It doesn't matter WHO we love, as long as we and our partners do not do anything to harm others or their rights.

As a bisexual or homosexual member of society, a person can live life being looked down upon by people like you, or they can rise above the unfounded hatred and disgust of those who would deny them the love that they live for and truly be alive~

• Upvote 8

I would prefer less "I have a crush on this DCW member" comments, for the record. Take DCW-related stuff involving specific members up with the specific members instead of airing it out publicly like it's dirty laundry. Thank you.

• Upvote 3

Well, school's going to be starting soon.

We apparently had a GSA in our school, but it didn't work out due to... financial issues, I think is what I was told. Hopefully, it will work out this year... One of my friends is pretty interested in it.

Surprisingly or not, but I think 75% of my close friends are either bisexual or homosexual.

Hajime did you not notice the most recent discussions?

This is a support thread either for gay rights (lack of prosecution by peers and society) or individuals specifically. Hence my links were mostly aimed at the support of gay individuals and the discussion therein. The last several posts were about individuals taking large steps in their lives in respect to their sexual orientation. Your article is argumentative in this respect. And does nothing to support those whom are lbgt individuals or have anything to do with the persecution of lbgt individuals. Thus that article has no place here.

I only posted one link anything like yours, and both after that was about the support of gay rights and the like, which was before chek said anything. A 5th grader making a fantastic speech and a major internet company making a bold stance for the support of marriage equality.

If this thread is an affront to your morals or your religion you need not post in it and can ignore it in its entirety.

Tl;Dr: this thread is not a discussion thread, but to help those who have issues or need support in regards to their sexual orientation or for the general support of gay rights. Religion and politics have nothing to do with giving or receiving support.

• Upvote 11

Kyuu has it. This thread is a support thread for homosexuality. It isn't a debate against gay marriage. It isn't a debate over homosexuality. It's a support thread. You posted a link with the purpose of trolling and goading our LGBT users. There was no reason to post it in a thread that's meant to be for supporting those who are too afraid to come out and say what they truly believe they are.

I suggest you take Kyuu's advice by ignoring this thread entirely to save yourself from further embarrassment, IE. your recent status update and your "ban me" outburst in this thread. Playing the martyr card won't get you any sympathy here.

• Upvote 5

Exactly what Kyuu and CC said. I made this topic for the purpose for supporting LGBT people so they at least know there are people who are in the same position as them and they're not alone.

I did not (and do not) want to see someone starting an argument over this because of political or religious reasons.

If you don't like the GSA, I suggest you leave this thread alone.

• Upvote 2