• Heterosexual
    • Other
  2. 2. Romantic Orientation?

• Homoromantic
    • Biromantic
    • Aromantic
    • Heteroromantic
    • Other
  3. 3. Are your romantic/sexual orientations different?

• Yes
    • No

ok fine, I still don't think this thread is right but I guess I can't do much about it. :sad:

I will never post another arguing comment in this topic if you promise me one thing: You will pin my new topic that I will make after I finish typing this called "life is precious help protect it" It will be a topic about how many young children are being killed across the world, and we talk about how horrible it is.(its also like a petition to stop the killing.

If you do that I will never post in this topic again.

Seriously, fuck you

All of your shit in this thread I have tolerated until this post. You are completely out of your mind to think that you can threaten our mods like this, moreover with a topic isn't even properly capitalized. If you want to make a threat, at least make something that is somewhat more convincing. I honestly would not mind if the mods banned you, since it does not seem like anyone can talk any sense into your dense head.

• Upvote 6

ok fine, I still don't think this thread is right but I guess I can't do much about it. :sad:

I will never post another arguing comment in this topic if you promise me one thing: You will pin my new topic that I will make after I finish typing this called "life is precious help protect it" It will be a topic about how many young children are being killed across the world, and we talk about how horrible it is.(its also like a petition to stop the killing.

If you do that I will never post in this topic again.

While I do not have any comment against your newly made thread, I don't agree with this kind of blackmailing. It's not very polite to ask (in this case, to demand) someone to pin your own topic. Also, just telling you, a true value of a thread doesn't lie in the fact whether that thread is pinned or not. So what if it's not pinned ? And I may be wrong when saying this (and if I am, then I apologize), but it looks just like all that matters to you is everyone's attention, all those arguments and the pinning thing are just excuses. Do you actually care about the dying children ?

@AiSuigetsu: Please don't swear, I know you're frustrated but this is still a public forum.

• Upvote 2

While I do not have any comment against your newly made thread, I don't agree with this kind of blackmailing. It's not very polite to ask (in this case, to demand) someone to pin your own topic. Also, just telling you, a true value of a thread doesn't lie in the fact whether that thread is pinned or not. So what if it's not pinned ? And I may be wrong when saying this (and if I am, then I apologize), but it looks just like all that matters to you is everyone's attention, all those arguments and the pinning thing are just excuses. Do you actually care about the dying children ?

@AiSuigetsu: Please don't swear, I know you're frustrated but this is still a public forum.

Exactly, I agree completely. And I'm sorry for the swearing, but I'm really pissed.

I'm sorry, ok. I said I never will post in this topic again, but I had to respond to this, I am not making threats, anyway I said I won't be posting in this topic again, so this is the last post. And mods don't get mad at AiSuigetsu for using such words. I will take the punishment for AiSuigetsu if you do decide to do anything.

And now you're gonna play the martyr card against me? I think you underestimate me. If there be consequences I will take them gladly, so don't even try to give such a stupid public show of "compassion."

• Upvote 6

I agree completely with Ai and the others. This thread is not for religious discussion, or the debate over gay rights. It is to show support for our members of all sexualities, and to remind them that this is a place where you can be yourself without others insulting you or denying you freedom. It goes without saying that you shouldn't post anti-gay sentiments or links. Those with nothing positive to contribute here should keep their thoughts in their minds and off of the forum. Oh, and just to clarify, Hajime, I SUPPORT GAY RIGHTS AND THE GAY-STRAIGHT ALLIANCE, AND NOTHING ANYONE LIKE YOU CAN POST WILL CHANGE THAT. So kindly remove yourself from this forum and refrain from playing the same failed martyr card each time we point out your insensitivity.

• Upvote 1

I was going to reply to Hajime, but I'll do that in PM, since it has no place here...

Now onto relevant matters... I hate Fox News, but my word is this fantastic news! Making it illegal to force a child who is effeminate or has homosexual tendencies to change!? That just destroys a method of psychological abuse to young kids!

Can we drop the case off? Let's not.. come to that point destroying each other than pick up by Chek or mod

*refer to Hajime and Aisuigetsu's case*

Anywhere than DCW forum.

I was going to reply to Hajime, but I'll do that in PM, since it has no place here...

Now onto relevant matters... I hate Fox News, but my word is this fantastic news! Making it illegal to force a child who is effeminate or has homosexual tendencies to change!? That just destroys a method of psychological abuse to young kids!

Oh my, thank goodness! I heard about this and it was absolutely terrible... I heard it scarred the children mentally and it was something like torture...

i am a heterosexual and im extremely proud to say that i support homosexuals, bisexuals & asexuals because i just dont see why anyone would do something as horrible as discriminating someone just because they have one small difference from other people just because someone isnt a heterosexual doesnt just mean they arent human or that they dont have any feelings that is just what i think and i fully support this topic :)

You know, I just figured this out due to a friend. Apparently I'm demisexual.

I didn't realize this before... Very interesting.

Demisexuality

I mean... The people I tend to "like" are usually close friends, who I know extremely well. I don't think I could really date someone I didn't know anything about. There are quite a few varieties of sexuality, rather than the plain homosexual, bisexual and heterosexual. I'd like to read up on a few more types. If you guys ever have time, you should try reading too! Maybe you'll find out something interesting.

You know, I just figured this out due to a friend. Apparently I'm demisexual.

I didn't realize this before... Very interesting.

Demisexuality

I mean... The people I tend to "like" are usually close friends, who I know extremely well. I don't think I could really date someone I didn't know anything about. There are quite a few varieties of sexuality, rather than the plain homosexual, bisexual and heterosexual. I'd like to read up on a few more types. If you guys ever have time, you should try reading too! Maybe you'll find out something interesting.

That is rather interesting. I know a few people that may fall into that category, myself included. I just don't fall for people. And it takes me a while to feel any sort of sexual attraction to people.

Something real cool happened today. My Civics teacher (aka the best person on the planet) invited three representatives from the LGBTQ community from a local campus. They spoke to us about bullying and how it affected their lives. It was all around very cool.

They spoke to us about how their families reacted to them discovering their true selves and how we can help the teenagers suffering around us. I go to an all-girls school and many of the girls there are openly bisexual or lesbian. They're planning to open a Gay-Straight Alliance at my school (of course, I mentioned there was one on DCW, but I don't think anyone really understood what I was talking about). Anyhoo, I joined today to support some of my friends and it felt really good to be able to discuss a sensitive topic like this one openly :) I really hope some of the bullying dies down now.

@Chel: Awesome link there :lol:

Also, I posted this on DCTP, but it seems perfect for this thread so~

bus.jpg

^This sign has been put on buses all around the UK.

These articles probably explain what they're about more clearly than I can :xxx

http://www.stonewall.org.uk/at_school/education_for_all/quick_links/education_resources/4007.asp

http://www.stonewall.org.uk/media/current_releases/7756.asp

Also, this stuff is also interesting IMO, though YMMV on some of the stuff about whether orientation can be changed or not.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/apr/12/anti-gay-adverts-boris-johnsonhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-17693947

(The 'being intolerant of intolerance' line is... slightly weird if you think about it, but it was Boris Johnson who said it so~)

These sorts of things give me hope things are moving in the right direction :D

• Upvote 2

I am heterosexual, but don't have anything against homosexuals, everybody does whatever he/she wants as long as they don't harm others. I am puzzled though by all this hatred towards those who don't like homosexuality, as long as they don't force their opinion on others.

Yeah... I agree with you. However, as you can probably tell from my last post I do sometimes slip into being annoyed at those who actively try to claim being gay is wrong so~

Y'know what this reminds me of? Some people who like to offend religious people because they all 'try to force religion upon others' which definitely isn't always the case. They take the attitude that if they've done it first it's fine to be 'offensive' back. It's different if people get hurt (physically or emotionally) as a result of homophobes actions of course, but with people who *aren't* doing any harm other than believing something different...?

I would still like to change the minds of homophobic people, but I think that insulting them can be the wrong way about it.

(The reason why I still like those buses despite this is the fact that this shows that people *are* trying to spread the message in such a big way. Oh, and an opposing group tried to put a message against gays on other buses in London copying the original signs (can't remember the exact phrase atm sorry) but they were stopped by Boris Johnson. Even if you're cynical and say he just did that for the popularity vote that means you have to admit it means that he thinks that the majority of people now think that homophobia is wrong. And I like that :lol:)

Sometimes I feel like I just want to tell everybody so I can get it off my chest, y'know? But most of the time, I'm afraid of being judged. *sighs* And there's no specific reason to really tell everyone, but it bothers me for some reason.

And I hear a lot of offhand comments regarding sexuality that are said jokingly, and I often want to say something, but I suppose I might be taken too seriously. It's not exactly anything negative, to say, but it could be offending to some people.

Sometimes I feel like I just want to tell everybody so I can get it off my chest, y'know? But most of the time, I'm afraid of being judged. *sighs* And there's no specific reason to really tell everyone, but it bothers me for some reason.

And I hear a lot of offhand comments regarding sexuality that are said jokingly, and I often want to say something, but I suppose I might be taken too seriously. It's not exactly anything negative, to say, but it could be offending to some people.

Yeah, I know what you mean. X) (except for me, it's atheism in school when people are trying to use their faiths to prove a point... >.> Particularly regarding like- homosexuality and abortion in health class...) But I think we shouldn't be afraid of something like that. We have the right to be what we are- and no one should be able to judge us by what we are but by what we do. It bothers me too. X) It's okay to get it out there- but it's okay to be uncomfortable too. While it would be ideal if no one judged... the reality is, that people do judge. That people do make the stupidest and most bigoted judgments for silly reasons. Unless it's necessary, it's okay to not bring it up.

Oh Arceus, I hate when that happens. <.< Like the use of the word 'fag.' Or when people insult things as 'gay' and people who aren't even gay are made fun of with the word 'gay', which is meant as an insult, and it drives me FREAKING INSANE. Seriously? When will people get that 'fag' is as bad as (excuse my language) 'nigger' and that being gay is as much as an insult as saying someone is black or Asian- and that saying someone is what they aren't is degrading. TREATING PEOPLE THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE TREATED, IS THAT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND PEOPLE? And then people think you're being stupid when you make such a big deal out of it... >.> (well, not really, no one would call me stupid but my friends. XD They might think I'm crazy though, but I don't mind that... I like being thought of as crazy.) This is a new movement! This is the right side of history, join or be left behind! It's not so much as forcing people to accept it as making them understand it. There is nothing wrong with being gay, and there is no reason whatsoever to strip away peoples' rights for being gay (in like, 20+ states, it's perfectly legal to fire people for being gay. I believe this deserves a WTH?) and THERE IS NOTHING IMMORAL ABOUT IT. If it's offensive to other people... well... I'm not the best person to go to for this, because I often don't care if I insult others in matters like this. >.> <.< (which is kind of bad, because I get really emotional and tend to anger a lot of people. XD) I don't think there should be anything wrong with stating your opinion though- if it was offensive to you, you have the right to tell people that you were offended and why.

• Upvote 3

Just use the British definition of fag! And the original definition of gay!

Fag - a tiring or unwelcome task (or British Slang for "cigarette") The derogatory word is fairly modern (around 1920s)... shame that it caught on...

Gay (original definition) - lighthearted and carefree (Consequently the term being made to mean homosexual is fairly recent too... about the 1930s. And to mean stupid, even more so, and nonsensical at that)

• Upvote 2

Three words:

I can't believe this.

What are your thoughts on the subject?

Thoughts? They won't. They said the same thing about the massacre at The Dark Knight Rises midnight screening. They never showed up. However the thought and the things they already do should be enough to grant them great hatred.

I'm still waiting for the day that they will be branded as a hate group like the KKK. I am really hoping that this petition will take hold and make them into a hate group that will be regulated.

In fact, if you can, SIGN THAT PETITION!

(And yes, those are the only petitions that I actually will condone since they go directly to the government and are supported by the government. It isn't like a Change.org petition (or any other nongovernment affiliated petition site))