• Heterosexual
    • Other
  2. 2. Romantic Orientation?

• Homoromantic
    • Biromantic
    • Aromantic
    • Heteroromantic
    • Other
  3. 3. Are your romantic/sexual orientations different?

• Yes
    • No

Wow! I've been gone for a long time. Ok folks, It's time to express my good old Christian, Reagan-Conservative views. First off I would like to say that I agree with Forever lost, Homosexuality is wrong and is a sin, but it does not give people the right to hurt or harass them. (Though they will need a good talking to and will have to start reading the Bible.)

Now we are all on a detective Conan forum, so what does Conan do when he is trying to figure things out? He uses logic and critical thinking skills. So I will use those skills in discussing this topic.

Ok for my first comment I will kill two birds with one stone. I will prove that evolution is fake(It is the biggest lie told to man-kind) and I will prove that Homosexuality is not genetic.

Lets start, In the rules of evolution strong traits will be passed down to the next generation. So that would mean that the homosexual trait would have to be the strong one. (but there is no homosexual gene anyway) Next a person with this (fake) gene would have to reproduce to pass this gene down to their offspring. But WAIT! logical tells us that you need a man and a women to reproduce, but if your homosexual you don't go for the opposite gender you go for the gender that is your own when it comes to love interests. So lets say that this gene is real, and that evolution is real(but they both are not real) logic would tell us that homosexuality would be wiped out early on in human history, because that gene would not survive because it couldn't be passed down. Now some of you might say "well maybe that person is bisexual, and can pass the gene down" ok well sure that can happen if you believe in evolution (if you believe in evolution, it's a one-way ticket to hell, not to scare any of you folks out there, I'm just saying it though) but you must remember two things for the gene to be passed down. 1. It must be the dominate gene to take effect in one's life. 2. In history all over the world, homosexuals have been killed by many, never even getting the chance to pass down their genes. Even if one person did get lucky and pass their genes down their child, the child would most likely not even get the gene or would be killed off. So if homosexuality was a gene it should have been wiped out long ago in human history. This proves that homosexuality is a sin and not genetic and that evolution is fake.

For all those people out their who have the feeling of homosexuality please go to a local church and talk to the pastor, ask him to help you overcome this sin. You will be glad you did.

Religion is the biggest lie ever told to mankind in my opinion.

If I laughed my head off while reading this, am I going to hell? XD (honestly don't care... all my favorite book characters end up there any way. At least I'll be able to see them. :3 Also, this 'all-forgiving' god seems a bit eager to cast everybody who dares to defy even a single word he says into the pits of hell... Just saying.) It's easy to say that homosexuality actually could be a gene- it's easy! It's called a recessive allele! To make it even harder, let's turn it into a polygenic trait with tons of recessive alleles that would make it really hard to produce the right effect. That way, it makes homosexuality very rare. Also, even if the homosexuals themselves don't reproduce, anyone carrying the recessive trait is a 'carrier' of that gene, and if their partner is also a carrier, then their offspring could potentially be homosexual. And it's not like you need to have a disease to pass it onto your children. Take hemophilia- it's a blood-clotting disease that is famously known for being common in the royal family. Not everyone had it. A lot of the children with the disease didn't survive to reproduce. BUT IT'S STILL THERE. Why? Because it was not a dominant gene. (okay, it was a recessive sex-linked trait, but you get the point.)Same could apply to homosexuality. *just realized* Did you just say the gene has to be dominant to show up in a phenotype? I'm taking biology- that's DEFINITELY not the case. Dominant genes always show, but only if they are present! Otherwise, the recessive gene becomes the phenotype. Well-known fact of science. And don't even get me started on evolution. I could give you a long rant of scientifically proven reasons (and common sense) to prove evolution is a fact (heck, I could simulate an experiment with bacteria to prove it to you in less than a week with the right equipment). Your argument doesn't even make sense, to be honest. :/ It completely defies the laws of genetics and does nothing to show that evolution is fake. I mean, evolution is everywhere! There's evidence in our vestigial structures (wisdom teeth, appendix, tail bone, little toes, etc.), our homologous structures (same forearm structure as dogs, bats, frogs, cats, birds, etc.), the fossil record (collected skulls of all versions of human/human-like organisms throughout history of thousands and millions of years), and comparative embryology, which proves our embryological development is very like that of other organisms. The story of Adam and Eve? Well, I break rules all the time and I haven't been cast from my Eden yet. :x

... That went way off-topic (never get me started on evolution or I will never shut up on you until you give in). Let me link this back to homosexuality not being some sort of evil thing that we as a human race should never accept. First of all, not everybody is a believer. To take away their rights because they don't believe in the Bible is like to take away someone's rights because they don't believe in sparkly pink unicorns. Because if they don't believe in the Bible, it might as well be nonexistent sparkly pink unicorns to them. And I for one would hate to have my rights taken away by sparkly pink unicorns. Second of all, homosexuality could easily be a passed on trait. Let me draw a quick diagram demonstrating a all-recessive polygenic (2 genes- too lazy for more) trait:

Gayvsstragiht.jpg

In case you can't read that (because I have the crappiest handwriting in existence):

Let's say in order to be gay, your genotype must be 'aabb.' Anything else makes you straight. How do we get gay offspring from straight parents? Here's just one of multiple examples (AKA the simplest one I could think of): The parents' genotypes are both 'AaBb', meaning they are both carriers for homosexuality. The rest is self-explanatory if you understand Punnett Squares. THIS is true logic. Conan uses Punnett Squares in one of the mysteries to show how a person with an AB blood type cannot produce a O blood type offspring!

See? This is just a theory for how homosexuality is passed on (though I'm sure it's more than a two-gene trait). To tell why not one out of every 16 is gay, the recessive alleles could just be very rare. That's why not one in every four males is a hemophiliac. That's why not everyone is gay.

No offense, but please don't try to tell homosexuals that their orientation is a sin and to go get their head fixed (because that's how I would see going to the pastor.). That's obviously not the problem here. Talking to a pastor isn't going to help- and you're asking people to give up part of their identity, part of who they are. Reverse the situation. Imagine being straight is a sin. You're not going to just go to a pastor and ask him to help you be homosexual because someone told you it's a sin, are you? SAME DIFFERENCE. Religion is no reason to BEAT DOWN love. It's no reason to tell people they are disgusting, should be killed, should be punished, should rot in hell. It's no reason to say they can't love each other. (dammit.... I'm crying now.) Read this, and tell me your reaction.

4419252_460s_v1.jpg

If you don't feel even the slightest bit sad at the end of reading this- well, I'm sorry, but get a heart. Just because her love happened to be female doesn't mean she takes the loss any less hard, that her kids feel any less sad, that this love is any less important, any less valuable than a straight relationship. Gay marriage is just as beautiful, binding, and filled with love as a straight one. Even without marriage, this above family was torn apart by death, was ripped brutally into pieces because the law said 'You couldn't marry her' and then said 'You can only save her life if you're married to her.' (here come the waterworks... I've been crying for a while now.) If I can open just one more person's eyes to the unfairness of prejudice against gays and gay couples, the unfairness of the illegality of gay marriage, then that is enough. If I can show the world that nothing is wrong with this, that everybody is worthy of finding love and keeping it forever, then I could ask for nothing more. When will the world finally be able to look and see?

• Upvote 7

Wow! I've been gone for a long time. Ok folks, It's time to express my good old Christian, Reagan-Conservative views. First off I would like to say that I agree with Forever lost, Homosexuality is wrong and is a sin, but it does not give people the right to hurt or harass them. (Though they will need a good talking to and will have to start reading the Bible.)

Now we are all on a detective Conan forum, so what does Conan do when he is trying to figure things out? He uses logic and critical thinking skills. So I will use those skills in discussing this topic.

Ok for my first comment I will kill two birds with one stone. I will prove that evolution is fake(It is the biggest lie told to man-kind) and I will prove that Homosexuality is not genetic.

Lets start, In the rules of evolution strong traits will be passed down to the next generation. So that would mean that the homosexual trait would have to be the strong one. (but there is no homosexual gene anyway) Next a person with this (fake) gene would have to reproduce to pass this gene down to their offspring. But WAIT! logical tells us that you need a man and a women to reproduce, but if your homosexual you don't go for the opposite gender you go for the gender that is your own when it comes to love interests. So lets say that this gene is real, and that evolution is real(but they both are not real) logic would tell us that homosexuality would be wiped out early on in human history, because that gene would not survive because it couldn't be passed down. Now some of you might say "well maybe that person is bisexual, and can pass the gene down" ok well sure that can happen if you believe in evolution (if you believe in evolution, it's a one-way ticket to hell, not to scare any of you folks out there, I'm just saying it though) but you must remember two things for the gene to be passed down. 1. It must be the dominate gene to take effect in one's life. 2. In history all over the world, homosexuals have been killed by many, never even getting the chance to pass down their genes. Even if one person did get lucky and pass their genes down their child, the child would most likely not even get the gene or would be killed off. So if homosexuality was a gene it should have been wiped out long ago in human history. This proves that homosexuality is a sin and not genetic and that evolution is fake.

For all those people out their who have the feeling of homosexuality please go to a local church and talk to the pastor, ask him to help you overcome this sin. You will be glad you did.

Well Aeyra said a lot of what I was going to say. You should stay in school my friend, and perhaps not go into science. Aeyra went into dominance/recessive genes, and how that can play a role. However... You seem to talk as if genetics is the ONLY factor in determining phenotype. Well now, allow me to introduce to you a theory, the prenatal androgen theory. This theory suggests that a certain concentration of hormones may affect developing fetus. And they actually have measurable proof of this being the case. That proof is actually the fourth proximal digit on the human hand. (The ring finger was found to have a different length ratio in lesbians than straight women (2D;4D)) This is considered only a co-factor however, as there are other possible genetic and environmental factors that can play a role as well.

And wait... Evolution is fake?! Oh geez... you are one of them. You know what? I'm not going to argue this with you, instead, here is a Christian site that will argue it for me. Mind you I don't believe the doctrine of that site, but I approve of its message. It is trying very hard to show that evolution is the truth, and there is no proof for creationism, but abundant proof of evolution. And I could link you to plenty, but I CHOSE ONE SINGULAR RELIGIOUS SITE INSTEAD. Please, I implore you don't walk this path with me. I know more about religion than I care to, and I know far more about science than you can hope to. Don't make me break out the journal articles.

Edit: But you know what? I'm in a sporting mood... Here is a challenge... Find me verifiable proof that creationism is true that has nothing to do with Religious doctrine (so no Bible or anything like that, that is more metaphorical than anything, even most people whom study "the word" agree with that) What I mean by verifiable proof I mean scientific studies that completely destroyed evolutionary theory and cannot be the result of anything else other than the influence of God. Do that and I'll happily subscribe. For now, Creationism lies and has no proof, and Evolution is constantly changing to suit new evidence that only STRENGTHENS it. Oh and btw, there are plenty of scientists trying to disprove evolution, and they only end up proving it further. I've seen more proof of evolution in person in experiments I've done, than you have probably seen of creationism in your entire life.

Edit 2: Also, Homosexuality being a Sin comes from the book Leviticus. So by all means, follow it, but please follow the rest of the laws too. I just love that book. So many rules that no one in their right mind would follow. I do so hope the shirt your wearing is comprised of only one fabric. That's a sin you know. (that is my personal favorite)

Edit 3:

You know, Aeyra and I have disagreed on many a topics, at least we can agree here on the important ones <3

• Upvote 7

I'm pretty sure I'm going to Hell either way.

Go to a local church? That's not going to happen. I used to go and...

Look, I'm not trying to start an argument, but... That's most certainly not going to help people. And I don't consider it a sin, and many other don't either. I am who I am. That's all.

Maybe I have a crush on a girl. I like her for who she is. Think about it this way: What if it was her - but in a guy's body? Would that make any difference? I like people for their personality; not what they look like, girl or guy.

And Aeyra and Kyuu have pretty much said everything. Except I could never say anything like that because I have no idea what I'm talking about most of the time.

But if you don't agree with this, you don't have to be a part of this topic.

Oh wait! I forgot one thing!

Logic does NOT tell us that you need a man AND a woman. Logic tells us that men only possess the means to deliver genetic material to women. However they possess nothing else of use, as women possess everything else for reproduction. Women are, in fact, all that is needed along with a viable delivery system. There is work being done to take the genetic material from the egg of one woman and fuse it to the egg of another female making a zygote that will result in a fetus born of two women. No man involved. This is current research and it will revolutionize the gay rights movement, as women will be able to give birth to offspring that is theirs and their girlfriend's only, not adoption or the product of random sperm from a sperm bank.

Now I've actually reread Hajime Kindaichi's post, and have to ask him... Did you actually read it? Logic is supposed to be, well, logical.

Note: the following will be directed at Hajime Kindaichi. Please feel free anyone to either refute or argue any points that you feel I got wrong, or was in anyway rude. (I tried to be respectful, I really did)

Let me break apart your post into its basic parts.

I think I missed the part where you disproved evolution theory. Really, there was nothing of the sort. You dropped the ball on that one. Logic has to have a start a middle and an end... Start: What you intend to prove. Middle: Evidence End: a link between evidence and theory that ties everything up. You said Homosexuality is a sin and not genetic, and genetics is fake. Well there is your thesis. Then you said they can't procreate. You ASSUME that all gay people live as gay, throughout all of history. That is a very brash generalization. Even today there are gay men that marry and have children because of the pressures of society. If that is the case today, why would it be any different over history? Makes no sense. That line of evidence is fallacious from the start. Evolution is a one way ticket to hell... I'm not even... Fine, if I am going to hell for believing in evidence and the progress of science. But you know who else is going to hell? Pope John Paul II. Yeah, he believed in evolution. Pope Benedict redacted that after he took over and believes in intelligent design. So what you are saying, is that one of the most influential and well respected popes EVER is now going to hell despite all the good that he did. If that is the case, then even if I was religious, I would cease at this very moment because that is ridiculous. To be sentenced to eternal damnation because one cannot ignore the extensive amount of proof presented by the scientific community? I cannot do that. Sorry. But lets continue.... Must be dominant: See Aeyra's and my previous posts. Ridiculous and you obviously did not pay attention in any biology classes. Fallacious statement completely. Gays have been killed. Yup, outed gays were. And again, you assume that all gays all the time were eradicated, which is funny since I'm fairly certain that if you were gay and you know it would mean death, you would do EVERYTHING to preserve your own life including living and procreating as a straight person. So that just doesn't work on so many levels.

Considering that you never proved anything (you never provided any substantial evidence), your arguments are shallow and based on a 1500 year old book. With the brunt of it being based off of a book that is so archaic that everyone except Hasidic Jews, don't follow those rules. And, quite frankly, I don't think they fully follow them either.

I think I'm done. I'm for homosexuals, bisexuals, asexuals, heterosexuals and any other sexuals that you can think of and their respective rights, and against bigotry. I look forward to my friend's marriage to her girlfriend. Will be a beautiful ceremony I'm sure.

Kyuu out. I'm sure I'll be back eventually.

• Upvote 6

*applause* Absolutely beautiful, Kyuu! :D I didn't really want to insult him directly, but I agree with every word you said. He didn't prove a thing and only served to make me look at religion in an even worse light than I already do. Before my iPod crashes on me (which it's done three times on three different websites in the past five minutes), let me say this once again to people who believe homosexual marriage should be banned because their religion says 'No.' (note, this does not refer to you UNLESS you think that gay marriage should be illegal because of your religion. Not supporting it but don't really care does not count.)

Since the naysayers are mainly Christian, let's get one thing straight. A lot of you quote the Bible at me when saying why homosexuality is a sin. I want you to know that quoting your Bible to prove a point is like me pointing to my research paper and saying that I'm going to use my research paper to prove my research paper. I want you to know that your religion isn't the only out there. I want you to know that just because you feel it's a sin means that others do, and it doesn't mean you're necessarily right. It doesn't mean you can tell other people they're going to hell for a choice they didn't make. That's just ignorant. Even if you are right... well, I'm reserving that one-way ticket to hell before all the good seats are taken. :P Because I'd rather go to a devil who doesn't mind what race, gender, sexuality he receives to a god who's nitpicking to the extent that he'll kick people out just for not obeying every single word he says.

• Upvote 2

Well I was going to let this die but you guys brought it back so.....here we go again.

First: Were did you guys get the idea that homosexuals are going hell, I said that if you believe in evolution and not in God then you go to hell whether or not your a homosexual. A homosexual or anyone else who accepts Lord Jesus in their hearts will go to heaven, no matter what they do. Also I bet none of you have even read a single book of the Bible, so you don't understand some rules that might sound really weird to you, but they would make a lot of sense if you understood the time and culture of back then.

Now: I guess I have to show you that God exists for you to accept that homosexuality is a sin.

You guys worship science, so you would believe in something as simple as the rule of cause and effect right?

Or how about the big bang theory? Could you tell me how these two things disprove God?

Wait. Stop. By your means God is all knowing so He should have known what would happen in the future and sent complete instructions, so time and culture are out.

Well I was going to let this die but you guys brought it back so.....here we go again.

First: Were did you guys get the idea that homosexuals are going hell, I said that if you believe in evolution and not in God then you go to hell whether or not your a homosexual. A homosexual or anyone else who accepts Lord Jesus in their hearts will go to heaven, no matter what they do. Also I bet none of you have even read a single book of the Bible, so you don't understand some rules that might sound really weird to you, but they would make a lot of sense if you understood the time and culture of back then.

Now: I guess I have to show you that God exists for you to accept that homosexuality is a sin.

You guys worship science, so you would believe in something as simple as the rule of cause and effect right?

Or how about the big bang theory? Could you tell me how these two things disprove God?

That's a pretty good point. I think it's a common misconception that because the bible says homosexual is a sin, that means all of them will go to hell. People tend to forget that in God-believing religions, God is absolutely forgiving. My aunt is a lesbian and she says that as long as she has a strong faith in Jesus, it will compensate for her sins be they homosexuality, lying, cursing, etc. Here's a good article that explains the misconception.

http://www.gaychristian101.com/does-the-bible-say-homosexuals-will-go-to-hell.html

By the way why is this pinned?

We are on a detective Conan website not a political or religious website.

Even though we are in the off topic section this still should not be here, unless you want to stir up hate between members.

I think it's ok as long as the topic is strictly discussed over, not argued over. There's a fine line between discussing about religion and hindering someone because of their religious or non-religious views. By the way, I'm pro same-sex marriage, I just like putting my feet in someone else's shoes. :P

@The Banana Assassin: We all make our own choices. If God wanted to make everything so He would rule over with a big stick and hit everyone over the head for doing something out of line, then there's no way we'd be here as it is. Plus, if He made everything go His way and controlled all that stuff, we wouldn't be able to make our own decisions. Cultures change over time due to the choices the people make and others follow along.

Plus, the whole issue of all the crazy stuff in the Old Testament are things people had to do in order to cover their sin. At that time, the blood of Jesus had not been shed - therefore they had to do what they could to keep themselves clean and had to offer up offerings and sacrifices to cover their sins. With Jesus coming in the New Testament and giving His life for all of us, we have a chance of redemption when we accept Him as Lord and we follow Him because His blood washes us clean. Jesus intercedes on behalf of us so that we may have a chance to follow and serve God even when we mess up. You have to read and have a true understanding of the Bible to begin to realize this - its not Old versus New, but Old fulfilled by the New and the hope that has been given to us, or else we would have to do all those old things. Homosexuality is not only mentioned in the Old, but also the New. It's foolish to say that what was wrong in the Old must be right in the New simply because of some of the traditions being taken out. These traditions were rendered useless by the Blood. However, murdering is still wrong. All that was evil and wrong is still the same, and all that is right is still the same. Like I've said before, the problem isn't "is it in the Bible", the problem is "are you following God's Word". If you're not, then I really don't think that you should have to argue what is and isn't in the Bible if you're going to disregard it anyway. Jussayin'.

You didn't read what I wrote... did you? Please go back and do so.

First: I never said that. Proof that you didn't read. I said that you said that believing in evolution would lead to hell. And that is ridiculous. If that is true then Pope John Paul II will be going to hell. Fantastic, since he is the ONE pope that I actually respected based on what he did and his merits.

Now as for homosexuality being a sin. I again, direct you back to the book of the Bible that tells us this, Leviticus. And again, if you want to follow the rule that homosexuality is a sin, then PLEASE follow the rest of that book. Now you are thinking... well what about Corinthians. Well if that is to be believed, than anyone who has sex before marriage is going to hell, as well as anyone who uses "abusive" language, nor those who are in anyway greedy or covet something which someone else owns. Man that is a lot of people. And Romans only suggests that it is the ACT that is sinful, not the people or simply being. Which falls in line to what you said. However, I don't think the Bible suggests that evolution is evil, or hell inducing. It does say that Homosexuality is in Corinthians, and that people whom are Homosexual should be put to death in Leviticus.

But let's face it, you are basing your beliefs off of a 2000 some year old book. Times change, and the word doesn't. Now, since you are so reticent about this, I shall ask you a few questions that were left unanswered by my Priests and even Bishop, which as you'll read in a bit helped me on my path to atheism. Why was no book of the Bible ever written by a woman? Surely, God, in all of His immense wisdom would have seen it fit to speak to a worthy woman to pass on his Word. Surely you don't think every single woman was unfit. Or how about Asians, Africans, Americans and Australians? Why don't they have any input in the Bible? Were they too lowly of a people to be graced by the wisdom of God? Surely if there is only one God, he would have spoken more to people other than Europeans and Middle Eastern peoples. Surely he would have helped others in the world that would have naturally been added to the Holy Book. I find it odd that every single book and everything from a ONE TRUE GOD just HAPPENED to occur in one, very small, part of the world. That does not make sense to me. Side note to that one, there is nothing in the history of Egypt that suggests the Jews were ever enslaved. There is no archaeological proof of any of that either, nor the mass exodus either. There is proof to suggest that they did seek refuge after that after the destruction of the Kingdom of Judah.

I don't worship anything or anyone. I believe in what is presented to me and the evidence which I am able to observe and even reproduce. As for proving God... Allow me to introduce you to Occam's Razor. The existence of God does absolutely nothing to explain the universe, and far more assumptions must be made. In doing so, the feat of proving the entity falls to the person making the assertion (you proving God). So saying that the rule of cause and effect and the Big Bang Theory don't disprove God, doesn't mean a darn thing to me. God is non-falsifiable, which means it is untestable by science. So if you have other proofs other than the fact that God is non-falsifiable, I'd love to hear it.

As for reading the Bible? I did mention that I know more about religion than I care to, right? (Again, I'm under the assumption that you never read anything that I wrote). I proved that not only that I did read the Bible, but understand it better than most religious people. Allow me to tell you something about myself. I went to Catholic school for FIFTEEN years of my life. 15... In that time I read and analyzed the Bible multiple times, was part of the church band as the percussionist. And was generally active within the Church. Heck, I was even selected and brought to a retreat that was meant to entice me to enter into either priesthood or Franciscan brotherhood (that is how good I was at analyzing the Bible btw, and by that time I told Brother Andrew, the one whom pledged me to go that I was no longer sure of my Christian faith, and he told me that this retreat may change that. Big surprise it didn't). I began questioning things about the Church and the Bible that no priest was able to answer. It became a question of whether I was willing to accept faith as a viable answer to these idiosyncratic parts of religion, specifically Christianity and the Judeochristian ways. It came to a point where I was unable to do so. And so I became an atheist.

Edit: tl;dr version

1) You never read what I wrote, I never suggested anything you said. You said, in short, that Pope John Paul II is going to hell, not cool.

2) Homosexuality as a sin comes from 3 books, 2 of which say homosexuality is actually a sin, as well as other things that people do and are deemed acceptable in this day and age. The other just suggests that the act is a sin, not the being. (Kinda inconsistent if you ask me...)

3) Religion and the Bible are like swiss cheese to me, full of holes that were never answered.

4) Occam's Razor

5) I studied the Bible and was active in the Church for the entirety of my youth. Still became atheist.

• Upvote 3

@Shiina-chan: Right, free will. If the Lord interfered in everything we did wrong...xP

@Kyuu: I believe in evolution. But I don't believe I'm going to hell (at least not for that reason). I'm also very religious. I guess I'm asking...is it possible to believe in evolution but also creationism--if you exclude human evolution?

I think it's "surely"....my pet peeve ^^"

@Kyuu: I believe in evolution. But I don't believe I'm going to hell (at least not for that reason). I'm also very religious. I guess I'm asking...is it possible to believe in evolution but also creationism--if you exclude human evolution?

I think it's "surely"....my pet peeve ^^"

I don't think so... Creationism is basically the belief that God created everything and everyone. You can't have it both ways. Intelligent Design tries, but fails since its non-falsifiable.

And you are correct. I'mma go fix that.

And I realized, I didn't cover one thing... Why this is pinned...

Now this is just a guess, but... 1) This is the chatroom, and thus doesn't have anything to do with being a detective, its the designated off topic area. 2) It was created by the moderator of this area, and she saw it fit that a support thread for homosexuality be pinned.

I don't think so... Creationism is basically the belief that God created everything and everyone. You can't have it both ways. Intelligent Design tries, but fails since its non-falsifiable.

And you are correct. I'mma go fix that.

Then...maybe what I believe in isn't really creationism. Vestigial structures, fossil records...evolution seems real to me. But I also believe in the Adam and Eve concept.

^^"

Then...maybe what I believe in isn't really creationism. Vestigial structures, fossil records...evolution seems real to me. But I also believe in the Adam and Eve concept.

^^"

Don't... see.... how that works... How can you believe in fossil records (that show that humans evolution from another being (homo erectus), and still believe in Adam and Eve? Your words confuse me.

Also we have gotten horribly off topic. I suggest that Akakata or other moderator splits the topics, one for theology and the other for homosexuality. Create the separation where you see fit.

Don't... see.... how that works... How can you believe in fossil records (that show that humans evolution from another being (homo erectus), and still believe in Adam and Eve? Your words confuse me.

Also we have gotten horribly off topic. I suggest that Akakata or other moderator splits the topics, one for theology and the other for homosexuality. Create the separation where you see fit.

How about fossil records for everything else besides humans?

How about fossil records for everything else besides humans?

Fossil records exist for humans. I don't know what you're talking about. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_human_evolution_fossils <- There you go, proof for evolution. I still haven't found proof for Adam and Eve though. It reminds me of the myth of Pandora, which was also made earlier than the bible.

Look, no one can convince me that there is a god. I hate it when people try to pull me into their religion- no offense, but to me, believing in a god is like believing in sparkly, pink, invisible flying unicorns. I have no proof they exist. Nobody has offered me reasonable proof they exist. The most they can shove onto me is a book supposedly written by this god or by this sparkly, pink, invisible flying unicorn. Note about how I feel when people when people try disprove my disbelief in god, I get kind of *facepalm*. When you're trying to argue with someone, you're trying to prove your side. You ask me to disprove something that I don't believe exists. What I need you to do is prove it to me, and then I can answer.

You're right that I've never read a single book of the Bible. Hearing people talk about it is much more than enough for me though. My brother's read a couple books- I asked him why and he says he does it for the lulz. But I don't think you've spent as much time as I have reading science textbooks either, so we're even. And yes, I agree that some of the rules don't make sense unless you apply them to context. That's why the Bible is outdated.

Okay, I know this is partially my fault, but can we move off of religion now? The more and more I talk, the more and more liable I am to simply snap and start tearing religion apart piece by piece. I'd like to move back to advocating equality and the right to marry between homosexuals before I insult about a third of the world. Thanks.

• Upvote 1