Detective Conan World
Black Demon

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] File 818-824 (Mystery Train)

Now that Vermouth and Bourbon's presence is confirmed on the train, I wonder if there will be more appearances from other B.O. members. The reason I say this is because of what Haibara said in File 819 pg. 10: "This presence... It's not just one or two people though..." She could also be referring to Okiya and/or Sera, but I'm not too sure if that's the case.

Yeah, possibly. Chianti, Korn, and Kir are all missing from this arc, so there's still a possibility that they could be somewhere on the train, but who knows?

Only My Crazy Speculation

I bet since it was just revealed in 823 Amuro know Ai's mother. I think he might hate Akai because of Ai's sister. She kind of got killed because of him. Meaning she stayed with Akai even though she knew he was using her. i.e. Getting her killed..(B.O. postponed her death because she was Ai' sister).....etc. Amuro had a "thing" for Ai's sister? I believe so.

just wondering. maybe the conan doing the deduction is ai in child form and the big sherry running around is someone else (maybe shinichi himself but i kind of doubt it). also, the mouri is pretty weird that i'm thinking he's someone else in disguise. remember they said before they boarded the train that mouri was missing. maybe someone replaced him and disguised as mouri. my deduction from the fake is mouri might be hattori.

but these are just all speculations. i have no solid proof about them. just some thought i wanted to share.

just wondering. maybe the conan doing the deduction is ai in child form and the big sherry running around is someone else (maybe shinichi himself but i kind of doubt it). also, the mouri is pretty weird that i'm thinking he's someone else in disguise. remember they said before they boarded the train that mouri was missing. maybe someone replaced him and disguised as mouri. my deduction from the fake is mouri might be hattori.

but these are just all speculations. i have no solid proof about them. just some thought i wanted to share.

Yes, it may be, but I don't think the chances are that high. Maybe Conan and Haibara switched places, and Conan was the one who took the antidote and dressed up as Shiho. But while doing the deduction, Conan NEVER wore any sort of mask, and as much as I can remeber, he doesn't have earphones so there was NO WAY that Haibara could make that great of a deduction, unless she memorized it beforehand.

And about Kogoro...he did say his name wrong, well...for me it's 10-20%.

Wow, this case is getting more and more unpredictable!!

I think Amuro is gonna be caught by Conan and Okiya in the next file. First of all, they have still not given us a clue as to who is sending messages to Conan, Agasa and Ran. I think Conan and Agasa are getting threat mails from Vermouth or Amuro as Vermouth is shown listening to Agasa. And as for Ran's message, I think it's Okiya. Seeing Ai as Shiho, I think he has finally managed to get her on his 'area.' And I think Yukiko's intention was to be Vermouth's hostage from the start. I just hope Amuro doesn't die by the end of this case, it just feels wierd that he was Bourbon all along and he made an appearance only for a few files. As for the number of BO members on the train, I think it's only Vermouth and Bourbon..... the third feeling might be from Okiya.

I think it is highly unlikely that Conan & Ai disguised as each other, primarily since Ai's deduction skills are nowhere near that of Conan's.

However...

Could it be the case that the "Sherry" that Amuro/Bourbon saw is another known character in disguise (e.g. Yusaku Kudo)?

I think it is highly unlikely that Conan & Ai disguised as each other, primarily since Ai's deduction skills are nowhere near that of Conan's.

However...

Could it be the case that the "Sherry" that Amuro/Bourbon saw is another known character in disguise (e.g. Yusaku Kudo)?

I think we need to keep in mind that not all Detective Conan characters are masters of disguise... And considering the major differences in stature and physique, disguising Yusaku as Shiho is so impossible that it's almost laughable.

I believe the only characters who disguised themselves on the Mystery train are Akai as Okiya, Vermouth as Scar Akai, Yukiko as the mysterious woman, and Kaitou Kid as one of the Room 8D inhabitants, which is funny because I had initially thought of this after reading File 820 since I felt like they had no role in the murder case. Andou (8C) played as the culprit, Murobashi (8B) played as the victim, Noto (8A) and Idenami (8E) played as the culprit's "puppets", so I thought Komino and Sumitomo (8D) were either Kaitou Kid and his assistant or B.O. members. Turns out that the speculation about Kaitou Kid being a Room 8D inhabitant may be true, especially after reading points made by Chek and Detective Kudo.

But yeah, I think having more than five disguises in a single arc would be overdoing it.

File 818 : Scar Akai and Ai short meeting

File 819 : Sera and Ai first meeting

File 820 : Scar Akai and Ai meeting again

Amuro and Ai meeting

File 821 : Scar Akai and Mysterious woman short meeting, Scar Akai and Sera confrontatin

File 822: Scar Akai and Sera Confrontation (con't), Yukiko and Vermouth confrontation

File 823 : Yukiko and Sharon reunion (con't)

Sherry and Bourbon Confrontation

I'm guessing that File 824 would be

Sherry and Bourbon Confrontation con't, Okiya and Bourbon Confrontation maybe? or Conan and Bourbon Confrontation...then next chapters Okiya's identity will be reveal (or in file 824), Conan vs BO

I thought Komino and Sumitomo (8D) were either Kaitou Kid and his assistant or B.O.

I find Komino very mysterious. Especially in file821 page 12. Conan comments something about her aid and she is shown smoking. I still don't understand why that was even shown? Somehow, I feel that she may not just be an old woman but something more on that. Maybe she is a BO member because Kaito Kid has never been shown smoking so far. If not the BO then Sumimoto should be Kid and Komino should be his assistant, because, somehow, that facw komino made resembles kaito's assistant's face when he is worried about kid. This is just my theory.....

I think someone recently mentioned this issue...

If Okiya (or any other person) is revealed to be Akai, this would jeopardize Kir's life. I think if the producers intend to let Okiya "come out" as Akai, they better design an "escape plan" for Kir. As such, I wonder if the producers intend to reveal who Okiya really is during this arc, or if they want to reserve that for a later arc (possibly when Kir is somehow involved)...

Tomorrow 29 ? Oh God, that's tomorrow ! =O

But I have to be strong, and wait for the english translation instead of reading the japanese I can't understand x)

I first look at the RAW version and then wait for the English version and finally my language

Do you think Ran will have a role in the story?

I hope so D: because she's in the promotional photo..I(Am I the only one?) would be really very disappointed if she do nothing..I mean..what's the essence of she being there? for display? representation, fanservice? because Gosho just likes her? etc..if she have nothing to do..then Gosho should just draw all the character in the promotional photo too,as in ALL OF THEM! I hope her stubborness is the key! :D

I think someone recently mentioned this issue...

If Okiya (or any other person) is revealed to be Akai, this would jeopardize Kir's life. I think if the producers intend to let Okiya "come out" as Akai, they better design an "escape plan" for Kir. As such, I wonder if the producers intend to reveal who Okiya really is during this arc, or if they want to reserve that for a later arc (possibly when Kir is somehow involved)...

this.

Chinese version is out !!! :o

Seems like Bourbon does think Akai is dead (from testing reactions of people and all that). Until Akai 'number 3' shows up :P

As a bonus, a closure on the Sherry chase on the BO part, at least for now. I'm liking what I see so far, in that Kid has finally had direct contact with the BO :D

So I just saw the raw version of File 824, and I'm kinda disappointed about the anti-climactic ending...

Key things:

-Kid and Jii was indeed the Room 8D inhabitants (in which Conan confronted him and asked for his help), but currently, it is Kid who has disguised as Shiho.

-Akai appears behind Amuro, the REAL Akai who Amuro probably questions if it was Vermouth or not.

-Haibara leaves the train safe and sound, along with the others.

-Okiya appears at the end, seemingly grinning at the baffled Vermouth and Amuro.

-Kid also manages to escape after an explosion behind Car 8.

-Gin and Vodka also appears, though I don't have a clue what they're saying.

-And with that, the Mystery Train arc ends (likely the Bourbon arc as well).

There will also be a break next week unfortunately. :(

What the... Amuro, you loser ! I was hoping something more from the "Sherlock Holmes" of the organization but, in the end, he REALLY hasn't deduced anything about the others' true identities and he is easily beaten ! What a disappointment !

And what an anti-climactic end indeed ! Well, the Bourbon's storyline goes on...

I forgot to mention something. Amuro thinks Sherry died due to the explosion, when it was in fact Kid who disguised as Sherry (but instead of dying, Kid escaped). Therefore, Vermouth tells Gin that Sherry has been killed, even though she's well aware that Haibara is soundly asleep on Agasa's shoulder. So Vermouth's change of heart is becoming more and more evident as time passes.