Detective Conan World
Black Demon

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] File 818-824 (Mystery Train)

GAH, nevermind, the mysterious woman is Yukiko. I will discuss after a good night's rest...

I was about to reply about your previous post - but you edited it, so I'm confused what to say, ha-ha...

Cause she called Vermouth 'Sharon', if it was Kir, wouldn't it be more appropriate to call her by the Black Organization code name?

Good night. We're looking forward to your next theory. :)

The woman is most likely Yukiko, according to Knightus from DCTP, she called Vermouth/SA "Sharon".

@Kaoko: I wrote it in the first-page-rule :D

Sorry ^o^' I read it long time ago so I think I forgot.

I think

Masumi Sera is Bourbon.

There was something that disturbed me in this case: the "Who are you ?" Sera said to Scar Akai. It wasn't a natural reaction.

What I think is that Masumi was under the Scar Akai disguise at first, before appearing as herself in front of Conan and his friends. Then, another Scar Akai began to appear, which disturbed Masumi greatly. That's why, in the train, she asked "Who are you ?" as soon as she has seen Scar Akai, because she knew he was a fake (since it was a persona she invented) but she wasn't sure of his identity. She was greatly surprised and choked when Vermouth played along by pretending to be the real Akai (if Sera wasn't Bourbon, the natural reaction for her would have been to think Scar Akai was the real deal, not to ask who he was directly).

I think

Masumi Sera is Bourbon.

There was something that disturbed me in this case: the "Who are you ?" Sera said to Scar Akai. It wasn't a natural reaction.

What I think is that Masumi was under the Scar Akai disguise at first, before appearing as herself in front of Conan and his friends. Then, another Scar Akai began to appear, which disturbed Masumi greatly. That's why, in the train, she asked "Who are you ?" as soon as she has seen Scar Akai, because she knew he was a fake (since it was a persona she invented) but she wasn't sure of his identity. She was greatly surprised and choked when Vermouth played along by pretending to be the real Akai (if Sera wasn't Bourbon, the natural reaction for her would have been to think Scar Akai was the real deal, not to ask who he was directly).

NOTE: I assume that you have checked out the RAW of 822 because I'm not sure. If you have, then click the spoiler.

She asked that because she heard that the real Akai is dead. Translation of HADAA from DCTP:

Page 2: Sera:"Shuu-nii? Are you really Shuu-nii? But why? They said you're dead, Shuu-nii..."

I think there is no reason for Vermouth to be zapping Sera if she's Bourbon.

Ok ! So...

Tooru Amuro is Bourbon. I still don't understand the logic behind it (he doesn't seem to have solved anything about the others' true identities and he only found Sherry's location by mere chance. Not much of a detective), but let's see what happens next. I believe in Aoyama to surprise us.

Wait, in file 820, was Okiya talking to Vermouth when he said that "Heaven is siding with us,"?

And why did Vermouth say that "She is the only person that cannot exist in this world. Please don't think badly of me, All right? Silver Bullet-kun...."

Has anybody read the English version of File 821? If you haven't, then you're gonna be oh so shocked!

And....*screams hysterically*

Sera said something that maybe proves that Akai and Sera are brothers......

Sera: Shuu-nii..............................................

I can't process all of these info!

Aw AJM, don't worry... you get your chance in next case. :)

No, that's not it lol. I misinterpreted Vermouth being Scar Akai as Kir, who I thought was revealed to be the mysterious woman for some reason (I skimmed the file way too fast, so I edited what I replied to Officer Akako). If you check my post in the non-spoiler discussion, I basically gave up on my theory when I saw the woman's necklace in File 821.

Either Okiya or Yukiko sent a fake message to Haibara, saying it's from Vermouth, to isolate Haibara from everyone else and to protect her from harm. We know that Yukiko has Haibara's number from the London case, so my best bet is that the message was sent by her.

Edit: @GlassHeart Amuro is probably skilled at deceiving people, so as it may look like he doesn't know who's who, he most likely figured it out already. (He tricked Kogoro into revealing his password and used his computer to gather information on the DB, so I think he was pretty smart in that aspect).

Thanks BD!!

Does anyone know what message Ran received on her cellphone?

It's from Haibara, said she's alright, don't worry. (That's from Ran perspective only, the truth might not be that way)

Rough translation for some directly BO-related parts:

Double lines || indicates next speech bubble by the same person

Page1:

Sera "Shuu... || Brother Shuu? || Is that really Brother Shuu? || But why? || I heard that Brother Shuu is dead..." *Bzzzzz*

Page2:

Scar Akai "I want to know the answer to this question too..."

Staff "Wh, what happened?"

Scar Akai " No worries..." "My sister has a bit of anemia..."

*beep sounds* text "Obstacle has been dealt with. Let's proceed with the plan"

Page5:

Mail on Ran's phone "I'm alright. You guys don't worry. Haibara Ai."

Page7:

Staff "H, hey... || You can't go through the name list without permission..."

Scar Akai "My bad... I thought I met an acquaintance on the train... || Really wanted to confirm... || Sorry..."

Page12:

Scar Akai eavesdropping on Ran and Hagase

Page14:

-After Scar Akai kicked the suitcase out-

??? "Ooh? That's impressive"

Page15:

The really hot lady "You really liked it right? that dress you put in the suitcase... || Hey... || Don't do these things anymore, would you? || Sharon?"

Text next to last panel:

Sharon = Vermouth's goal is...!!?

Please correct me for mistakes! m(_ _)m

• Upvote 1

I can't process all of these info!

I'd better try to answer your questions one at a time then.. ^_^ There we go:

1st:

Wait, in file 820, was Okiya talking to Vermouth when he said that "Heaven is siding with us,"?

-Okiya is indeed apparently talking to ''Vermouth''. Or rather, someone dressed up as her. Because of some details (reactions,body language), the plot development itself and some previous thorough teories (see the Arc related links listed below) it could be somehow guessed that it wasn't the real Vermouth.

Leaving that aside, have you taken a peek at 822's raw scans yet? If not, do so and you will definitely understand what I meant by ''apparently'' and ''someone dressing up as her". To confirm it, there is an irrefutable and explainable scene which leaves us with no doubts whatsoever: the very last scene- page 16. (Since I don't want to spoil you the chapter I prefer you check it on your own rather than attaching the scene in question. Also to avoid possible problems for this site I can't provide direct links to the chapter. But it's easy peasy to find anyway ^_^ )

Please notice as well this is quite a hot topic of discussion and Vermouth's Arc, Scar Akai's Arc & Okiya's Arc are involved in this matter. That is why I would strongly recommend you checked up for a bit those Files 818-8XX Arcs' contents involved links:

-Scar Akai's Arc: Wiki

-Okiya's Arc: Forum Thread / Wiki- (being "Okiya is Akai" theory the most plausible at the moment)

2nd:

And why did Vermouth say that "She is the only person that cannot exist in this world. Please don't think badly of me, all right? Silver Bullet-kun...."
{volume 78 file 818- The Professo'rs Video Site (Part 2) page 3}

-"She's the only one that can't be allowed to exist in this world.."- That is: Why can't Sherry keep on living? Think about Vermouth herself first. She is a member of the BO. So far she's even been recognised as the Boss' favourite despite the fact that she usually follows her very own rules. Nevertheless, she cannot avoid the unavoidable. Sherry is a threat and the B.O. is well-aware of that.

-"(...) don't think badly of me, alright? Silver Bullet-kun.."?-Even if she promised Conan she would not harm her for the time being {volume 42 file 434- Rotten Apple- page 16}, she can no longer "protect" Sherry from the BO. Sherry is their very own target now and Vermouth can do nothing about it without seeming a traitor. Therefore, she is just "apologizing" (i.e. mentally) to him for breaking her promise.

3rd:

And....*screams hysterically*

Sera said something that maybe proves that Akai and Sera are brothers......

Sera: Shuu-nii..............................................

Indeed. It's a pity that..

Scar Akai is by no means Akai himself. (Also see Akai's Arc link related listed above & file 822 {the beggining of it, i.e. pages 2-3}).

Hope that helped a bit. ^_^

Wait a sec...

(1) What is Ai up to in 822? Has she been captured, or is she "in hiding" somewhere?

(2) Was that really Ai who sent that message, or did a "bad guy" take her phone and impersonate her?

(3) Has Amuro attempted to investigate the truth behind the "Sleeping Kogoro"?

(4) If Vermouth and Bourbon do not succeed in capturing Ai for good, what could happen to them? Could their lives be in jeopardy? Will Vermouth be under pressure to disclose her "hidden knowledge" regarding Ai & Conan?

Wait a sec...

(4) If Vermouth and Bourbon do not succeed in capturing Ai for good, what could happen to them? Could their lives be in jeopardy? Will Vermouth be under pressure to disclose her "hidden knowledge" regarding Ai & Conan?

Conan and the gang have stopped Gin's plans a bunch of times and nothing has happened to him, so I doubt this'll be the case for these two.

Conan and the gang have stopped Gin's plans a bunch of times and nothing has happened to him, so I doubt this'll be the case for these two.

Well, there have been two people assigned to kill/capture Sherry who did not survive after they did not succeed in their assigned mission. Pisco was killed by Gin at the Haido City Hotel after Conan rescued Ai from him (albeit the killing was for different reasons), and another BO assassin (in the 2nd Live Action drama) was killed by Gin after he got his knife knocked out of his hands by Ran. As such, I believe it may be possible for Vermouth and/or Bourbon to suffer a similar fate, if the producers decide to remove either (or both) of them from the picture for good.

so Okiya's woman is Yukiko... :) Its not OOC if its Yukiko..all the mysterious woman came to be Yukiko..she like to disguise as mysterious woman :D now if that woman is really Yukiko..I can assure that Okiya MAY BE a good guy / Akai :)

so Okiya's woman is Yukiko... :) Its not OOC if its Yukiko..all the mysterious woman came to be Yukiko..she like to disguise as mysterious woman :D now if that woman is really Yukiko..I can assure that Okiya MAY BE a good guy / Akai :)

Yeah.. ^_^

...that would actually make sense somehow since both Yukiko and Sharon Vineyard were close friends and kept in touch until Sharon's "death". They both were actresses and learned disguising techniques from the same magician artist. {Vol 34 File 350 page 17} No wonder Yukiko was so shocked when she learned from Shinichi that Sharon, her daughter Chris and Vermouth were the same person... {Vol 42 File 434 pages 5-6}

Anyway, supposing that Yukiko is the Mysterious Woman.. she would now be confronting who was supposed to be her close friend, both perfectly disguised as brilliant disguise artists.. Who could possibly fit in in that role better than Yukiko?

Let's now have a look at some graphic evidenceā€¦

-Both the Mysterious Woman and Yukiko's eyes match in design. Gōshō uses different eye designs which vary according to each character. That being said, their eye design type appears to be the same.

-Both the Mysterious Woman and Yukiko appear to be right-handed.

EDIT: Also.. that tuft of curly hair which falls on their foreheads..

*To support both observations I tried to compile several scenes where it could be proved.

yukikoevidence.png

{Images belong to the last released File 822 & to Vol 34 File 351 Golden Apple}

*However, it's important to point out as well the last words the Mysterious Woman says to the "unmasked Scar Akai" in the last scene in file 822...

ć‚·ćƒ£ćƒ­ćƒ³...? = Sharon...?

Who would call Vermouth ''Sharon'' other than Yukiko, who got to know her as Sharon Vineyard?

-A yet-unknown new character? At this rate, it wouldn't make much sense.

-A B.O. member..? No, since their codenames must be used.

-An FBI agent..? About Jodie Starling: although she is right-handed,she isn't a disguise expert. It's also important to point out that despite the fact that she got to know first Vermouth as Sharon Vineyard when she killed her parents, she doesn't call her ''Sharon'', but ''Vermouth'' instead. As an FBI agent she may very well have acquired that tendency, as it was once she had become an FBI agent that she got to unveil Vermouth's true identity.

About Fusae Campbell, AJM's deduction was just breathtaking.. It was truly a pity that the necklace turned out to be different.

MAJOR REVELATION!

Ok, after doing some deep (and I mean DEEP) research about the mysterious woman, I found something VERY interesting. But before I show you all that, I will tell you my whole theory about the lady: FUSAE CAMPBELL.

-First, we were introduced to Fusae Campbell in File 412 (File 410 as child). We find out that Fusae, a purse fashion designer, is the main love interest of Professor Agasa. We also realize that she is half-American wearing a black hat over her blonde hair (but I will elaborate more about her appearance later). By the end of the chapter, Fusae decides that her usual routine of visiting every 10 years will come to an end, but there is a little bit of foreshadowing from her step-father/driver, Billy:

ForeshadowProof.jpg

-A few chapters later (File 417-419 to be exact), we find out that a black car (with the steering wheel on the left side which would insinuate a foreign car) seems to be stalking the Detective Boys in the "Secret of the Tohto Film Development Studio" case. There is a lot of speculation about who the mysterious man and woman are inside the car, but like I had shown before, there is a striking resemblance between Fusae and the mysterious woman, and also, Billy and the mysterious man. Here are the pictures once again:

225px-Fusae_Shadow_Compare.jpg

150px-Billy_Shadow_Compare.jpg

-As to why they would be stalking the Detective Boys, I will explain what I think the reason for that is. The speculation that Akai has connections with Fusae Campbell is likely true from the assumption that there was a three-person meal inside the car in File 412 and the assumption that Fusae Campbells and Billy are FBI members/acquaintances due to their American names and/or heritage. With this in mind, I deduced that some time after meeting with Agasa and the DB in File 412, Fusae and Billy were ordered by Akai to investigate the child with the reddish hair. Fusae was probably hesitant at first, but didn't mind the fact that she may have the chance to see Agasa again. The first time they drove passed Agasa's house, they noticed that an unknown car was parked outside (Yukiko's car) and that the DB were entering it. Billy waited patiently for them to leave and started following them whilst trying to remain unnoticed. They followed the DB and Yukiko all the way to the studio where they took this photo:

AkaisPic.jpg

ADDED NOTE: This picture is seen inside Akai's car in File 420.11.

-One of the two sent the picture to Akai so he can investigate further on Haibara. Akai probably ordered them to continue keeping an out on her until told not to. As their investigation continued, Fusae and Billy overheard that the kids will be spending the night at Akira Hojima's apartment. So later that night, they arrived at the apartment complex (by sneakily following Akira all the way there), but they realized that an incident occured and that the police had arrived. Additionally, I wouldn't be surprised if Fusae noticed Agasa's arrival and was pretty happy about it. But anyways, they waited outside under Akai's order until something came up. Meanwhile, Akai probably discovered the resemblance between Haibara and Shiho, and thus, he told Billy and Fusae that they are able to leave (which is when they passed by Agasa's car with the kids inside).

-After that day, she probably continued her fashion designing career (for the next hundreds of chapters). It wasn't until she heard news of Akai's death that she decided to take a break from her job for a little while. So after the Raiha's Pass incident, Akai (who is still alive) called Fusae for assistance (it's even possible that Akai called Fusae before hand to help him set up the fake death). As a result, Fusae has been secretly staying with him (or at least has been visiting him) in order to help disguise him as Okiya or for some other unknown reasons (it also wouldn't hurt to be living next to her love interest, Agasa). I'm also speculating that Fusae and Akai are relatives of some sort, but I have no proof for that yet.

-That's why I believe Fusae is the mysterious woman who has been assisting Akai/Okiya. As for what I believe is decisive evidence, I found something EXTREMELY interesting that I hope isn't some fluke or some misinterpretation. As I said before, I will continue elaborating Fusae's appearance, and there is one decisive thing she wears that will determine if Fusae IS the mysterious woman in File 820 or not: the ginkgo leaf necklace.

HERE IS WHAT I HAVE FOUND:

Fusae, Chapter 412:

GingkoProof2.jpg

Mysterious Woman, Chapter 820:

NecklaceProof.jpg

Fun Fact: Fusae was first seen in File 410. The mysterious woman is seen in person for the first time in File 820. (410 is half of 820, coincidence or not?)

THE END

It's not like there's plenty of information about her to tell, but in my point of view, after seeing Fusae overwhelmed and moved to tears after Agasa's farewell words in their reencounter, I somehow can't get myself to believe she'd wear another sort of necklace. That gingko leaf symbolizes her love for that leaf as a child, her dreams to become true as a succesful fashion designer and her memories with Agasa. {Vol File 412 pages 10-18} Yet.. that's not even something I can even tell and it is not a plausible piece of evidence whatsoever. So I'd better leave that aside, stop daydreaming and continue giving some sensible arguments. There we go again...

As I did before, I tried to gather some scenes comparing Fusae to the Mysterious Woman.

fusaeevidence.png

{Images belong both to the last released File 822 & Vol 40 File 412 "First Love, Reunion, Farawell"

So yeah.. basically, it matches yet again. Both the Mysterious Woman and Fusae are right-handed and have a similar eye design. Then, considering both theories of Fusae having a connection to Shuichi Akai & Shuichi Akai being Subaru Okiya, it would make sense.

However, considering the Mysterious Woman's lasts words to Vermouth.. Why would Fusae call her "Sharon"?

Fusae is in her fifties.. she might have even got to know Sharon or she could even know Vermouth's true identity.

Just when I thought having a third person (i.e. besides Kaitou Kid, I had to mention him here after all)who could be a disguise expert was highly improbable, the theory of Subaru Okiya being Akai)strengthens and ends up being the most plausible at the moment. She could have been helped or somehow had that skill, after all.

EDIT (after reading the last chapter had been released.. {Thanks once again, AJM!})

And last but not least... What does the Mysterious Woman refer to when she says in File 822's last page: "Look, isn't it about time you stopped doing this sort of thing?"

Isn't that somehow like a sort of reprimand? Let's think of Yukiko being the Mysterious Woman. She trusted Sharon. She was her close friend. She didn't know a thing about Sharon's secret until Shinichi told her about it.

"Is that true? Sharon..." {Those were her thoughts in Vol 42 File 434 pages 5-6} She could hardly believe it. Now, being right in front of each other.. Wouldn't she just blurt out how she felt? Wouldn't it be about time.. Sharon knocked it off already?

That's all I had to say..

• Upvote 3