Detective Conan World
Black Demon

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] File 818-824 (Mystery Train)

sera and okiya theory

i think sera and okiya have talked and joined hands .

first indication to it is that in file 817 okiya hacked into kogoro's computer on right date and time (when he has no way of knowing about the video by himself) .of course conan didn't knew about it and amuro definitely didn't do it and it leaves sera as the only alternative

my guess is it all started in file 800 when okiya noticed her and called her to stay away from it.

sera however decided to ignore it and continued and she finally met okiya in cold case arc.

after the case was over ,she excused herself for attending this important matters" (panel2)

File814_016.png

after okiya failed to make her stay away from her, he decided her to join him .

and from that moment onwards to this mystery train sera and okiya are acting together

to make sure , conan didn't interfere ,they kept info about video secret to him , but when sera told okiya that ai is on the train ,

and he saw amuro ,he sent the message to conan warning him of the danger that lies ahead

1)we know okiya and mysterious woman are on the train and they are not interested in mystery quiz. but exactly what are they after?

i say they are after catching few BO members with sherry as bait. but i think its too reckless. best way to do it would be to ask ai not to aboard the train and trap the BO with shiho's lookalike. so i think it must be more than that

2)we know amuro is not disguised and vermouth is disguised as scar akai(yes we know it ,gosho) we also know that vermouth is planning to catch/kill ai .so how much has she told gin and bourbon? i mean its impossible that she will meet gin at nagoya with dead body of 7 year old girl(who looks like sherry) and tell gin that aptx can de age people and it is sherry's dead body.

she must have told something (unless she plans to give ai an antidote of aptx before she kills her) to bourbon nonetheless or he won't be able to do anything useful

Note: vermouth has told gin that sherry is in the train.

3)we know vermouth is masquerading as scar akai . but why is she doing so?

i mean there are better ways like disguising as a conductor and check all the passengers. but disguising as scar akai , staring hard right on her face will make ai hid into her room (or toilet) and take every single action to make her way out without being seen by sniper and this quite easy for a kid as any adult will thwart any sniper by mere presence of height.

and as they say "forewarned is forearmed"

i take it that making shiver in fear can help BO but that's only possible if she is alone .but if she is not alone but with somebody smart (vermouth knows that it is the case) , it can backfire

thoughts on sealed room trick

*thinking from scratch*

a sealed room is one where a room is sealed from inside(or made to look like it) with no apparant way for murderer to escape

it is of following types

1)sealed from outside

in this case room is locked from outside but by using thread or a trick to make it appear that it was locked from outside(all thread tricks)

it requires privacy while from 819pg12-pg13 ,there is conductor on train and few passengers have come out denying the culprit privacy .hence it is possible but improbable

2)escape route

in this case , murderer locks room from inside and leaves the room by a hidden door or something like that.(file 562-566)

the train is in tunnel during murder and discovery .culprit may have used window to go to adjacent cabin. in orient express, culprit used communication window to escape. so it may be more likely.

3)act like outside

in this case murderer is present in room when "sealed" room is broken into from outside and murderer pretends to come from outside(heiji and kazuha in tokya,file 211-214)

its downright impossible for obvious reasons

4)murder from outside

in this case murderer acts from outside and victims him/her self seals the room from inside.(file 147-149 &&file 102-104)

murder can't be done through door as victim was fully conscious on file819pg12 and would not be in the position he was found

5)sealing by lying

in this case murderer is one of the discoverer and he "seals" the room by lying about certain conditions or act as if room was sealed and then brake into.(file 508-510)

it is also downright impossible for obvious reasons

6)suicide

lets face it ,its impossible that this case is suicide.

7)unknown way

it is unknown , so i don't know .this case may or may not exist .it is is only present to signify that there might be more ways to do it

so escape route it is.

she must have told something (unless she plans to give ai an antidote of aptx before she kills her) to bourbon nonetheless or he won't be able to do anything useful

Well that's what I thought,because I don't think Vermouth would say anything to Bourbon about de-aging effect of APTX,or else Conan's secret will be revealed to the BO.Also if Bourbon kills Sherry in her child body,Gin will see her body and he will know about the de-aging,which will be dangerous for Conan as well.

I don't think Vermouth knows that Ai brings antidote with her,so maybe Vermouth planned to kidnap Haibara and force her to use an antidote,before letting Bourbon killing her(in this case I'm assuming Vermouth stole one of Haibara's antidote in the past,when she was spying on Ai)

Neverming,I think Ai will take the antidote by herself in order to protect her friends,and Bourbon will never know about the de-aging...I'm only hoping Bourbon won't die and won't disappear from our sight.

There is something that disturbes me on chapter 819.

I wonder if the combined strengths of a child and a woman are enough to break a chain. I wonder if it wouldn't take the full strength of a man (at least) to do so ?

I didn't bring it much attention the first time because of the discovery of the dead man, but it's strange that they were able to break the chain that way on their first try.

I don't think anyone else is disguised as Sera, besides that Sera is a very strong woman (She's good at karate). Of course it'd be very hard for a woman to break a chain like this, but I think it's more likely than a poison that could shrink humans. Well I just can't think of any man being disguised as Sera, I'd say she's just strong. Also it is pretty hard for a man to disguise as a woman isn't it?

Well that's what I thought,because I don't think Vermouth would say anything to Bourbon about de-aging effect of APTX,or else Conan's secret will be revealed to the BO.Also if Bourbon kills Sherry in her child body,Gin will see her body and he will know about the de-aging,which will be dangerous for Conan as well.

I don't think Vermouth knows that Ai brings antidote with her,so maybe Vermouth planned to kidnap Haibara and force her to use an antidote,before letting Bourbon killing her(in this case I'm assuming Vermouth stole one of Haibara's antidote in the past,when she was spying on Ai)

Neverming,I think Ai will take the antidote by herself in order to protect her friends,and Bourbon will never know about the de-aging...I'm only hoping Bourbon won't die and won't disappear from our sight.

I agree, I don't think Vermouth would say anything about the effect of APTX. It's very unlikely that Vermouth knows about Ai bringing the antidote with her (unless she saw the video on the internet!!). It's possible that she stole one of the antidote in the past but as nobody noticed anything and there is no hint of anything like this I think this is also unlikely. I'm pretts sure we will see Shiho again, so I agree that she probably will take the antidote by herself in order to protect her friends. (I wonder: what would happen if the DB would see her on that train, now that they know her?..)

• Upvote 1

(I wonder: what would happen if the DB would see her on that train, now that they know her?..)

I think she will take the antidote when they will reach Nagoya,when everybody will go out of the train...I don't think Vermouth will allow Bourbon to do anything to Sherry if she is with Ran and Conan,they will wait the right moment to catch her so that nobody else will see her.

MAJOR REVELATION!

Ok, after doing some deep (and I mean DEEP) research about the mysterious woman, I found something VERY interesting. But before I show you all that, I will tell you my whole theory about the lady: FUSAE CAMPBELL.

-First, we were introduced to Fusae Campbell in File 412 (File 410 as child). We find out that Fusae, a purse fashion designer, is the main love interest of Professor Agasa. We also realize that she is half-American wearing a black hat over her blonde hair (but I will elaborate more about her appearance later). By the end of the chapter, Fusae decides that her usual routine of visiting every 10 years will come to an end, but there is a little bit of foreshadowing from her step-father/driver, Billy:

ForeshadowProof.jpg

-A few chapters later (File 417-419 to be exact), we find out that a black car (with the steering wheel on the left side which would insinuate a foreign car) seems to be stalking the Detective Boys in the "Secret of the Tohto Film Development Studio" case. There is a lot of speculation about who the mysterious man and woman are inside the car, but like I had shown before, there is a striking resemblance between Fusae and the mysterious woman, and also, Billy and the mysterious man. Here are the pictures once again:

225px-Fusae_Shadow_Compare.jpg

150px-Billy_Shadow_Compare.jpg

-As to why they would be stalking the Detective Boys, I will explain what I think the reason for that is. The speculation that Akai has connections with Fusae Campbell is likely true from the assumption that there was a three-person meal inside the car in File 412 and the assumption that Fusae Campbells and Billy are FBI members/acquaintances due to their American names and/or heritage. With this in mind, I deduced that some time after meeting with Agasa and the DB in File 412, Fusae and Billy were ordered by Akai to investigate the child with the reddish hair. Fusae was probably hesitant at first, but didn't mind the fact that she may have the chance to see Agasa again. The first time they drove passed Agasa's house, they noticed that an unknown car was parked outside (Yukiko's car) and that the DB were entering it. Billy waited patiently for them to leave and started following them whilst trying to remain unnoticed. They followed the DB and Yukiko all the way to the studio where they took this photo:

AkaisPic.jpg

ADDED NOTE: This picture is seen inside Akai's car in File 420.11.

-One of the two sent the picture to Akai so he can investigate further on Haibara. Akai probably ordered them to continue keeping an out on her until told not to. As their investigation continued, Fusae and Billy overheard that the kids will be spending the night at Akira Hojima's apartment. So later that night, they arrived at the apartment complex (by sneakily following Akira all the way there), but they realized that an incident occured and that the police had arrived. Additionally, I wouldn't be surprised if Fusae noticed Agasa's arrival and was pretty happy about it. But anyways, they waited outside under Akai's order until something came up. Meanwhile, Akai probably discovered the resemblance between Haibara and Shiho, and thus, he told Billy and Fusae that they are able to leave (which is when they passed by Agasa's car with the kids inside).

-After that day, she probably continued her fashion designing career (for the next hundreds of chapters). It wasn't until she heard news of Akai's death that she decided to take a break from her job for a little while. So after the Raiha's Pass incident, Akai (who is still alive) called Fusae for assistance (it's even possible that Akai called Fusae before hand to help him set up the fake death). As a result, Fusae has been secretly staying with him (or at least has been visiting him) in order to help disguise him as Okiya or for some other unknown reasons (it also wouldn't hurt to be living next to her love interest, Agasa). I'm also speculating that Fusae and Akai are relatives of some sort, but I have no proof for that yet.

-That's why I believe Fusae is the mysterious woman who has been assisting Akai/Okiya. As for what I believe is decisive evidence, I found something EXTREMELY interesting that I hope isn't some fluke or some misinterpretation. As I said before, I will continue elaborating Fusae's appearance, and there is one decisive thing she wears that will determine if Fusae IS the mysterious woman in File 820 or not: the ginkgo leaf necklace.

HERE IS WHAT I HAVE FOUND:

Fusae, Chapter 412:

GingkoProof2.jpg

Mysterious Woman, Chapter 820:

NecklaceProof.jpg

Fun Fact: Fusae was first seen in File 410. The mysterious woman is seen in person for the first time in File 820. (410 is half of 820, coincidence or not?)

THE END

• Upvote 9

MAJOR REVELATION!

Ok, after doing some deep (and I mean DEEP) research about the mysterious woman, I found something VERY interesting. But before I show you all that, I will tell you my whole theory about the lady: FUSAE CAMPBELL.

-First, we were introduced to Fusae Campbell in File 412 (File 410 as child). We find out that Fusae, a purse fashion designer, is the main love interest of Professor Agasa. We also realize that she is half-American wearing a black hat over her blonde hair (but I will elaborate more about her appearance later). By the end of the chapter, Fusae decides that her usual routine of visiting every 10 years will come to an end, but there is a little bit of foreshadowing from her step-father/driver, Billy:

ForeshadowProof.jpg

-A few chapters later (File 417-419 to be exact), we find out that a black car (with the steering wheel on the left side which would insinuate a foreign car) seems to be stalking the Detective Boys in the "Secret of the Tohto Film Development Studio" case. There is a lot of speculation about who the mysterious man and woman are inside the car, but like I had shown before, there is a striking resemblance between Fusae and the mysterious woman, and also, Billy and the mysterious man. Here are the pictures once again:

-As to why they would be stalking either the Detective Boys, I will explain what I think the reason for that is. The speculation that Akai has connections with Fusae Campbell is likely true from the assumption that there was a three-person meal inside the car in File 412 and the assumption that Fusae Campbells and Billy are FBI members/acquaintances due to their American names and/or heritage. With this in mind, I deduced that some time after meeting with Agasa and the DB in File 412, Fusae and Billy were ordered by Akai to investigate the child with the reddish hair. Fusae was probably hesitant at first, but didn't mind the fact that she may have the chance to see Agasa again. The first time they drove passed Agasa's house, they noticed that an unknown car was parked outside (Yukiko's car) and that the DB were entering it. Billy waited patiently for them to leave and started following them whilst trying to remain unnoticed. They followed the DB and Yukiko all the way to the studio where they took this photo:

AkaisPic.jpg

-One of the two sent the picture to Akai so he can investigate further on Haibara. Akai probably ordered them to continue keeping an out on her until told not to. As their investigation continued, Fusae and Billy overheard that the kids will be spending the night at Akira Hojima's apartment. So later that night, they arrived at the apartment complex (by sneakily following Akira all the way there), but they realized that an incident occured and that the police had arrived. Additionally, I wouldn't be surprised if Fusae noticed Agasa's arrival and was pretty happy about it. But anyways, they waited outside under Akai's order until something came up. Meanwhile, Akai probably discovered the resemblance between Haibara and Shiho, and thus, he told Billy and Fusae that they are able to leave (which is when they passed by Agasa's car with the kids inside).

-After that day, she probably continued her fashion designing career (for the next hundreds of chapters). It wasn't until she heard news of Akai's death that she decided to take a break from her job for a little while. So after the Raiha's Pass incident, Akai (who is still alive) called Fusae for assistance (it's even possible that Akai called Fusae before hand to help him set up the fake death). As a result, Fusae has been secretly staying with him (or at least has been visiting him) in order to help disguise him as Okiya or for some other unknown reasons (it also wouldn't hurt to be living next to her love interest, Agasa). I'm also speculating that Fusae and Akai are relatives of some sort, but I have no proof for that yet.

-That's why I believe Fusae is the mysterious woman who has been assisting Akai/Okiya. As for what I believe is decisive evidence, I found something EXTREMELY interesting that I hope isn't some fluke or some misinterpretation. As I said before, I will continue elaborating Fusae's appearance, and there is one decisive thing she wears that will determine if Fusae IS the mysterious woman in File 820 or not: the ginkgo leaf necklace.

Fusae, Chapter 412:

GingkoProof2.jpg

NecklaceProof.jpg

Fun Fact: Fusae was first seen in File 410. The mysterious woman is seen in person for the first time in File 820. (410 is half of 820, coincidence or not?)

THE END

Good job. I'm impressed. You found another proof for the woman not being Vermouth but Fusae, really nice!

Excellent deduction and nice proof there. I thought it could be Yukiko based on Gosho's previous cases but based on what you've found I think I can only agree about the woman being Fusae Campbell.

On a sidenote, assuming all thise ends up being true, this means that the anime severely screwed up once again without knowing it by delaying Fusae's first appearance way after the confrontation with Vermouth. In the manga, Fusae appears in volume 40, in the anime she appears around episode 422 while episode 345 corresponds to volume 42. The fact that the events were out of order makes the deduction almost impossible for someone not reading the manga. A shame really.

AJ.M,you really did a good job^^

I thought the same as you,that the mysterious woman was Fusae,but the lack of proofs changed my mind into Yukiko.

Now the ginko leaf nicklace proof completly convinced me! that's great^^

If it's true then I wonder how Fusae and Akai met,because I doubt she's a FBI member...she may be a friend of his mother.

MAJOR REVELATION!

ForeshadowProof.jpg

-As to why they would be stalking either the Detective Boys, I will explain what I think the reason for that is. The speculation that Akai has connections with Fusae Campbell is likely true from the assumption that there was a three-person meal inside the car in File 412 and the assumption that Fusae Campbells and Billy are FBI members/acquaintances due to their American names and/or heritage. With this in mind, I deduced that some time after meeting with Agasa and the DB in File 412, Fusae and Billy were ordered by Akai to investigate the child with the reddish hair. Fusae was probably hesitant at first, but didn't mind the fact that she may have the chance to see Agasa again. The first time they drove passed Agasa's house, they noticed that an unknown car was parked outside (Yukiko's car) and that the DB were entering it. Billy waited patiently for them to leave and started following them whilst trying to remain unnoticed. They followed the DB and Yukiko all the way to the studio where they took this photo:

AkaisPic.jpg

Fusae, Chapter 412:

GingkoProof2.jpg

NecklaceProof.jpg

THE END

Your theory is absolutely amazing! Such a tiny detail like the necklace wouldve never caught my eye. *mind blown*

Great job, AJ M :). I'd been looking for more evi other than just circumstancial stuff for Fusae for a while, but it seems I needn't have bothered considering the depth of that theory. *bookmarks link of post for later*

+1 your post.

EDIT: Once I'm off my phone that is. *forgets the mobile website doesn't have +1 feature*

Thank you everyone for your compliments!

On a sidenote, assuming all thise ends up being true, this means that the anime severely screwed up once again without knowing it by delaying Fusae's first appearance way after the confrontation with Vermouth. In the manga, Fusae appears in volume 40, in the anime she appears around episode 422 while episode 345 corresponds to volume 42. The fact that the events were out of order makes the deduction almost impossible for someone not reading the manga. A shame really.

That's an interesting point that I noticed as well. If my theory is indeed accurate for the most part, the anime team would have to either proceed with how Gosho writes it in the manga and defy the order of events in the anime (hoping no one would notice) or B.S. a new story (reminiscent to how they B.S.'d Akemi's story all the way up to her death). But it really would be a shame, the anime team should collaborate with Gosho to make episodes as accurate as possible, let alone in the right order.

Spoilers Chapter 821.

A lot happens. Big surprises in the last two pages.

-Haibara receives a message from Vermouth.

-Haibara remembers the audio tapes of her mother.

-Haibara meets Subaru Okiya.

-Tooru Amuro continues to spy on Masumi Sera.

-Scar Akai (not Amuro) meets Fusae Campbell. He reacts toward her.

-Masumi Sera meets Scar Akai (also not Amuro) and she is furious over him. He answers to her with a friendly face.

• Upvote 2

Spoilers Chapter 821.

A lot happens. Big surprises in the last two pages.

-Haibara receives a message from Vermouth.

-Haibara remembers the audio tapes of her mother.

-Haibara meets Subaru Okiya.

-Tooru Amuro continues to spy on Masumi Sera.

-Scar Akai (not Amuro) meets Fusae Campbell. He reacts toward her.

-Masumi Sera meets Scar Akai (also not Amuro) and she is furious over him. He answers to her with a friendly face.

Fine with all your text except replace "Friendly face" with "creepy face." :razz:

Thanks for your source, mine suppressed the file after I read it.

Could someone translate it, please ? There are a lot of dialogues which seem pretty interesting, especially in the last page.

Chinese. No. Raw. Yes. Mod deleted it. Follow Black Demon link for some DCTP scan (Only plot related pages).

And according to someone in the spoiler cbox. The Chinese translator still don't get a hand on this file. So full Chinese scan has to wait.

And 4869 was right, don't link raws here, I feel kinda sorry for all the DCTP mods already...

Well, now I've calmed down from the hype a bit, I think I'll post my thoughts on the file. Any translations I quote are from Zenthi of the spoiler cbox.

First thing, it seems this file has some more hints towards the org's aim (or at least one of them). In the tapes Elena says some interesting things that seem to contradict each other.

Elena:The truth is, your mum is making a truly terrifying drug at the moment...

My lab mates are getting really excited about it, they say it's like a dream drug...

Your dad and I are putting our hopes on it and calling it...

The Silver Bullet... But in order to complete the drug, your dad and I will have to leave you and your sister...

The 'terrifying drug' is something that has quite a few meanings, but I'll just say the ones I find most likely. The first is about terrifying referring to the amount of potential is has, kind of how a TV would seem terrifying to those who'd never seen them before.

The other main meaning is that Elena disagrees strongly with the drugs aim, which could be part of why she kept Haibara in the dark about it until she was 19. She doesn't want her to get mixed up in it all, and considering the fact she even made the tapes she probably suspected something could happen to her as a result of the drug.

Now, the 'dream drug' part could be pointing towards the speculated 'immortality aim'. This would fit in with Vermouth's hatred of the Miyanos. For her, who doesn't think anyone should be 'against the stream of time' people who actively search for it would be... well, wrong, messing with something that should never be changed and could easily become an object of her hatred. Of course, Vermouth's age weirdness itself probably is also linked in somewhere, but I don't want to get into that now.

The next bit is mostly just my speculation, the wording of "Silver Bullet" is *very* interesting and puts a new spin on some of the stuff we knew about Haibara's parents. The Silver Bullet represents the one weakness of a werewolf, or in DC's case, the Black Org and Elena and Atsushi were placing their hopes in this. Could it be that they either wanted out or had some ulterior motive to try and defeat the BO? The question is, how the drug would help them achieve that. If their aim was simply to use it as leverage in order to get Akemi and Haibara out of the org, it'd make sense, though the use of "Silver Bullet" makes me kinda think it's something more...

The last bit I'll mention now is the 'going away'. While it could mean that Haibara's parents did, in fact, go away in order to complete the drug, I doubt it. The org wouldn't have had Haibara completing it if they still had her much experienced parents around. Perhaps, it means they were planning on 'sacrificing' themselves to the org in order to get Akemi and Haibara out (by boycotting making the drug until they were released?), in which case, it would be unlikely they'd see their parents again for a while, if at all. Anyway, if this was the case, it obviously failed and the BO killed Elena and Atsushi, then got Haibara to continue the work.

Going back to Vermouth again, if when Haibara's parents were killed, Vermouth thought the drug would never come to completion, then Haibara finishing the research would explain why Haibara is now the only one "who must die" (though a more personal reason could be to do with her aging weirdness, not that I think the Miyanos caused it with what we know of the timeline, maybe Vermouth was used to aid the research or something).

Haibara's later lines about how she should never have made the drug could potentially be used to back this up, especially if it's combined with her not wanting to die as a child (while saving Conan from being discovered is likely part of it, I also think another part of it is that she doesn't want the BO to know how far she got with her research. Think back to what Pisco said to her).

Hmm... well, I've got more ideas, but I'm getting a headache atm and am probably just rambling nonsense at this point so... maybe later.

EDIT: Everyone keeps on posting while I'm typing D: XD

• Upvote 2

Wow.

I still believe that "the woman" is Yukiko disguised as Vermouth, and Scar Akai would be Vermouth. Though, everyone is acting weird. And we don't know what kind of message recieved Conan.

the mistery is killing me. About the case, well, I still can't figure it out, I guess I need to read the #820, oh, well.