Detective Conan World
Black Demon

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] File 818-824 (Mystery Train)

Hmm there's another thing I'm wondering.. After every confrontation with the Black Organisation there was some hint that led to them (Like Conan hearing the sound of the phone number of the boss or Mizunashi Rena telling them about Bourbon) I wonder what the hint could be this time..

I wonder who is Scar Akai in the end, if he is neither Subaru, Masumi or Tooru like the chapter revealed. It would also be too easy if he was Bourbon.

As for the woman with Subaru, she's likely Fusae Campbell.

I'll sum up some important plot-related points of 820, view at your own risk (about the case, sorry, I just don't have enough time):

• Page 3-4: Conan receives mysterious message (from whom?), then asks the DB to go back to their room immediately, lock the door and do not let anyone in.
  • Page 5-6-7: Ai still reacts to Scar Akai. Okiya is shown stalking Amuro. Amuro, Okiya and Scar Akai appear at the same place, at the same time; meanwhile Sera's with Conan >>> None of the 3 is Scar Akai. Is this SA the same SA that appeared 3 times before ?
  • Page 7: Okiya's mysterious lady appears, who's doing something with her phone (sending message?) The woman is right-handed. Okiya's line: "Looks like the God is on our side..."
  • Page 14: What we fear the most has unfortunately happened: Shiho's video......... is now on the Internet. Apparently, the kids asked Kogoro to find out the identity of their savior, but it's not easy just basing on appearance and voice, so Kogoro posted the video online in case someone knows her... mellow.gif
  • Page 16: Gin and Vodka are already waiting at Nagoya Station. Basing on what they said, it seems that Vermouth and Bourbon are on the train together hunting Sherry (NOTE: I'm NOT SURE about this part).

First and foremost,

GOSHO TROLL

21305479.jpg

-However, it does not leave the whole "Scar Akai = Bourbon = Amuro" out of the question. It's likely that a BO member is disguised as the new Scar Akai for the meanwhile, but it's hard to say who as of now (maybe Vermouth?).

-As for the mysterious woman, the probability that the woman is Yukiko or Vermouth seems too obvious. If we assume that the mysterious woman from Chapter 419 was Fusae (look below for the comparison), then that would mean she is the woman who has been staying in Shinichi's house with Okiya. And if we assume that Okiya is Akai, then he and Fusae are acquaintances (*wildly speculates that Fusae is Akai's mother/stepmother/relative*). So it seems that the mysterious woman from chapter 419 is the same mysterious woman in this chapter.

225px-Fusae_Shadow_Compare.jpg

-So far, the major Bourbon Arc characters who have appeared in this chapter are Sera, Scar Akai, Amuro, Okiya, and the mysterious woman (the suspects of the case may also play a major role in the climax). I will add more speculation after I look over the chapter a couple more times.

• Upvote 1

I'll sum up some important plot-related points of 820, view at your own risk (about the case, sorry, I just don't have enough time):

• Page 3-4: Conan receives mysterious message (from whom?), then asks the DB to go back to their room immediately, lock the door and do not let anyone in.
  • Page 5-6-7: Ai still reacts to Scar Akai. Okiya is shown stalking Amuro. Amuro, Okiya and Scar Akai appear at the same place, at the same time; meanwhile Sera's with Conan >>> None of the 3 is Scar Akai. Is this SA the same SA that appeared 3 times before ?
  • Page 7: Okiya's mysterious lady appears, who's doing something with her phone (sending message?) The woman is right-handed. Okiya's line: "Looks like the God is on our side..."
  • Page 14: What we fear the most has unfortunately happened: Shiho's video......... is now on the Internet. Apparently, the kids asked Kogoro to find out the identity of their savior, but it's not easy just basing on appearance and voice, so Kogoro posted the video online in case someone knows her... mellow.gif
  • Page 16: Gin and Vodka are already waiting at Nagoya Station. Basing on what they said, it seems that Vermouth and Bourbon are on the train together hunting Sherry (NOTE: I'm NOT SURE about this part).

Thanks a lot^^

Ok so now the video of Sherry is on the INTERNET???? this is worse than I thought...

I think this scar Akai is Vermouth,and her aura covers Amuro's aura,so that's why Ai didn't feel anything aroud Amuro.

I also think the woman with Okiya is Fusae^^ but Gosho really wants us to think this is Vermouth...

Finally,Gin is a real pervert,it's the second time he imagine Sherry naked XDXDXD but that's cool to see him^^

Things are getting interesting,Ai is in a big trouble,I just hope she'll take the antidote and try to fight for her life...

So Scar Akai is neither Amuro, Sera or Subaru, then who could it be?

- He could simply be Bourbon (non of those 3 above), but that's pretty unlikely to happen.

- He could be 'real Akai' this time, but as Okiya's most likely the real Akai that's also pretty unlikely in my mind.

- If it's Vermouth disguised as Scar Akai then who is this mysterious woman Okiya's talking to?

The woman then would most likely be the one in AJ M's pic of file 419 (also could be Bourbon but I don't think so), but is the woman next to Akai in the car really Fusae? If that's true and she's the mysterious woman of file 820 then why is her hair pinned-up? Fusae had loose hair when she met Agasa and on closer inspection the woman in file 419 also has.. Why would she have her hair pinned-up if it's only shoulder-length?..

Aww, I feel so sorry for Ai :(...look how she's grabbing Ran's shirt! She sure is really afraid...(but it looks so cute!!)

Man, and Shiho's video is now on Youtube?!(or YeahSite in DC)...I mean, come on, that's not fair! Mitsuhiko, you idiot! >:(

But, honestly, I hope there will be some dead people at the end of this case! (Mitsuhiko for example *muahahaha*...nah, just joking^^)

No seriously, I really want to see dead people, like Bourbon or Vodka...

Edit: Btw, Kogoro (and so the rest) are in danger, if the BO figured out who posted the video, right?

This is bad...

I'll expand a bit on The Black Demon's post :D Rough translation mostly word for word

Page 5 - Sherry's thoughts: "Bad premonition... It has been unsettling since before" "And his attitude... What could it be?!" "Hm?"

Page 6 - Small talk between Ran, Sonoko, and Amuro. Amuro says he got his ticket from bidding over the Internet (lol)

Page 7 - As The Black Demon has already translated, Okiya: "Looks like the God is on our side..."

Also, train is not gonna stop until it arrives at Nagoya on the order of Old man Suzuki. He seems pretty mad about the murder case.

Page 14 -

Panel 1 - "Eeehh!?" "You're saying it got sent to Mori Angecy?"

Panel 2 - Ayumi: "The video from last week's camping?" Mitsuhiko: "Yes... Because we really want to thank the lady who saved us... If it's the famous detective then it should be possible to find out who she was..."

Panel 3 - Ran: "I watched that video with Dad! He said although it's a bit difficult to just rely on her looks and voice, if you upload it onto the Internet then there could be people who would recognise her..." Sonoko: "He...already uploaded it on the Internet..."

Panel 4 - Ayumi: "And we were discussing, if that woman was wearing that mystery train ring-pass, then maybe we would meet her here?" Genta: "Still haven't seen her yet though!"

Panel 5 - Sherry: *It can't be... the reason for that unsettling feeling within me...*

Panel 6 - Sherry: *It can't be them...*

Page 15 - (Last panel) Vodka: "Looks like there had been an unfortunate murder case... Seems luck is on our side..." (Also, first panel says they are in Nagoya Station)

Page 16 -

Panel 1 - Vodka: "Aniki..." Gin: "Mm... That metal snake will be delivered to us all the way nonstop..."

Panel 2 - Gin: "Just now, news from Vermouth... confirmed Sherry is onboard the train!"

Panel 3 - Vodka: "Then now, Vermouth and Bourbon would have that woman..." Gin: "Humph... Whatever they do, kill that woman or capture her... The important thing is, whether that woman is inside the snake's stomach..."

Panel 4 - Gin: "If she did get swallowed into the snake's stomach, Sherry... Nagoya will be your final destination..."

Preview text on right: BO's killing intent, approaches Haibara! As always, look forward to next issue!!

Please correct me if you find any mistakes!

What I find intriguing is that bit I've bolded (Page 16, Panel 2): Sherry's presence is confirmed (by Vermouth's message according to Gin)

I sense a twist in the story... I'm not sure if Gin and Bourbon has direct contact with each other, since they don't seem too interested in each other, not to mention that Vermouth acts effectively as the middleman in terms of information exchange...

• Upvote 3

This Akai is probably different than the previous Akai's. If this Akai is Vermouth, then the Akai we saw during the mall bombs case has to be someone else, because Vermouth was present when he was spotted by Chianti. This Akai also recognises Haibara, only people(we know) who knows her identity are Vermouth, Conan and Agasa. The Black Organisation would recognise her young form, so it could be one of them too. It is not Conan, nor Agasa, so it leads me to believe that it's a Black Organisation member, which is probably Vermouth.

If we assume that the Akai's we saw during the previous cases are a different person and one of the three Bourbon suspects, the process of elimination leads us to believe that it was Amuro, only because both Sera and Subaru have been seen in the presence of Scar Akai. Gosho is just putting Scar Akai here to confuse the matter on who Bourbon could be.

Regardless, I'm excited for the next set of chapters :D. There is only one truth!

EDIT: This is another thing I mentioned previously. Gin suspected Mouri Kogoro of being in league with Sherry...what would he do if he found out Kogoro is on the same train as Sherry?

Look like Conan and Haibara keeping their identities secret is not a good idea after all. :( I'm so worry for them. Could think could gone this bad. Despise knowing how far can Gosho troll LoL

Look like Conan and Haibara keeping their identities secret is not a good idea after all. :( I'm so worry for them. Could think could gone this bad. Despise knowing how far can Gosho troll LoL

Of course it's a good idea to keep their identities secret,or else the BO would have killed them a long time ago.

But this time I really don't know what's going to happen...If Ai take the antidote and stay away from the DB,she could keep her identity secret(and save Conan's identity).For now only Vermouth said that Sherry is on the train,so I guess Bourbon doesn't know that Sherry=Ai,except if Vermouth tell him that later.

I'm really confused by this file,that shows Gosho still can surprise us after 16 years^^

I wonder...

What if Aoyama is trying to surprise us and that Vermouth is actually not Scar Akai but another character ?

And also (though it's not related), what is Agasa doing during that time ? He doesn't appear at all in that chapter.

After thinking more carefully. I wonder why I considered the video of Sherry that bad for her. Sure, it alert her presense to the BO. But BO already know Sherry survive somewhere. This video show her hiding place of ...Gunma, which is false information anyway. The real bad thing are picture or video of Haibara Ai (Like the one Sera deleted) which if BO got and know it's recent. the status quo will change. Ai and Kudo will be hunted.

Aww, I feel so sorry for Ai :(...look how she's grabbing Ran's shirt! She sure is really afraid...(but it looks so cute!!)

Man, and Shiho's video is now on Youtube?!(or YeahSite in DC)...I mean, come on, that's not fair! Mitsuhiko, you idiot! >:(

But, honestly, I hope there will be some dead people at the end of this case! (Mitsuhiko for example *muahahaha*...nah, just joking^^)

No seriously, I really want to see dead people, like Bourbon or Vodka...

Edit: Btw, Kogoro (and so the rest) are in danger, if the BO figured out who posted the video, right?

This is bad...

(The following is not spoiler)

I wouldn't call MItsuhiko "idiot" here. He just doesn't know what he's doing is dangerous. Even though secretly filming people is not really a right thing to do, but he has no bad intention whatsoever. There is no wrong in searching for the person who saved your life and show your gratitude. Seriously, if it was me, I would probably do the same thing, and I'm sure many people in real life would do that too. At least the DB are still better than those ungrateful people we meet everyday.

But the point is, MItsuhiko is not stupid, in fact, he knows how to make a cellphone useful for investigations, this point alone already proved that he's much more superior than Ayumi, Genta, 90% of the "general children" in DC, and most of us real people of that age. He knows when is important to film a video. In the Takagi kidnapping case, had it not been for the footage that he recorded, Takagi would be in the graveyard right now. Actually, nobody would think of filming an extra footage because it wasn't really necessary at the time, but he still did it just in case, and that decision saved a person's life. In this case, he is aware that just basing on the impressions that the woman gave them doesn't help finding out who she is, so he immediately filmed a video. That way, not only that they don't have to remember her face, her clothing, her voice; but it's more convenient for them when seeking help from other people (this time, Kogoro). Actually, he's aware that using their ability alone cannot locate the woman, so he filmed it especially for Kogoro (unlike Conan, who most of the times thinks he can do everything by himself). Furthermore, his filming skill is good enough for the target (Sherry) not being able to notice it, this may be useful in future cases, as he can film suspects/criminals without them knowing.

Anyway, I just want to say that we shouldn't always look at the negative side of the DB, just because the damage they bring this time is too big (again they do not know that it's dangerous). They can do good too (although there've been multiple times where they almost get themselves killed because of their annoyance). Also there is no guarantee that Mitsuhiko is not in cahoot with Bourbon or the BO in genenal....

After thinking more carefully. I wonder why I considered the video of Sherry that bad for her. Sure, it alert her presense to the BO. But BO already know Sherry survive somewhere. This video show her hiding place of ...Gunma, which is false information anyway. The real bad thing are picture or video of Haibara Ai (Like the one Sera deleted) which if BO got and know it's recent. the status quo will change. Ai and Kudo will be hunted.

Hm... Let me think.... Well, even though her location is false, they still know that she would be on the train because of the ring. Also, the video featuring the DB. If the BO saw it, they would be wondering why did she even risk saving some random children. Did they have some connections with her ? The DB are famous now I think, what if some random BO member (besides Vermouth) recognize them ? (The possibility of this is low though.) They start searching and searching.... Aha ! There's also another kid, Conan ! Gin would remember he's the same kid that lives with Kogoro. KOGORO !!! The BO always suspect things, now they have more proof that Kogoro indeed has some kind of connection with Sherry. Also, if Kogoro really did upload the video on the Internet like they say, it would lead to even more suspicions from the BO if they watch it.

And then they're all killed... I hope this doesn't happen though...

So Scar Akai is neither Amuro, Sera or Subaru, then who could it be?

- He could simply be Bourbon (non of those 3 above), but that's pretty unlikely to happen.

- He could be 'real Akai' this time, but as Okiya's most likely the real Akai that's also pretty unlikely in my mind.

- If it's Vermouth disguised as Scar Akai then who is this mysterious woman Okiya's talking to?

The woman then would most likely be the one in AJ M's pic of file 419 (also could be Bourbon but I don't think so), but is the woman next to Akai in the car really Fusae? If that's true and she's the mysterious woman of file 820 then why is her hair pinned-up? Fusae had loose hair when she met Agasa and on closer inspection the woman in file 419 also has.. Why would she have her hair pinned-up if it's only shoulder-length?..

it can´t be vermouth, because she appered when the BO tried to kill scar akai a long while ago..

@ The Black Demon

While it is possible that BO will think that way (Shiho connected to DB), They may just conclude Shiho save them out of mercy. I think both conclusion are possible, depend on the writer. Hope DBs got killed though just kidding.

@LaJota

Under assumption that Scar Akai is Bourbon who disguise himself with help by Vermouth. Scar Akai in past cases should be Bourbon and in this case is Vermouth. that would explain S.A. attention to Haibara and her strong reaction.

By the way, I don't familiar with the board rule but aren't your sig a bit too large?

Wow! If this were an NBA basketball game, my heart would be pounding by now, since it would be like someone about to take a shot to either tie or win the game.

It surprised me that the producers decided to make Scar Akai seem distinct from Okiya, Amuro, and Sera. I wonder why this is the case - is it really true that Scar Akai is none of these three, or is this an illusion designed to fool us viewers/readers?

As for the specifics of the developments surrounding Ai, I can say this:

(1) If the producers want the series to end shortly after the most recent file, they may probably remove Ai from the picture by having her killed and/or arrested for good.

(2) On the other hand, if the producers want the series to continue far beyond the current arc, I can guarantee that regardless of what initially happens to Ai, after the dust settles, the producers will allow her to emerge as a free girl with her secret still safe from Gin, Vodka, et al. In other words, if she attempts to die deliberately, someone will step in to stop her from actually dying; if she is initially captured, they will allow her to escape and/or be released or rescued; if someone discovers her secret and/or that of Conan, that person will be killed, arrested, or become a confidant like Vermouth. This is precisely what happened during the Haido City Hotel case involving Pisco (where Ai was initially captured but, thanks to Conan's efforts, emerged as a free girl with her secret still safe), as well as the bus bombing case (where Conan prevented Ai's suicide attempt), and the head-to-head battle with the BO (where Vermouth discovered both Ai & Conan's true identities, but our of deference to Shinichi & Ran for their past rescue of her, decided to become a confidant of them; also, Ai's attempt to die at Vermouth's hands was thwarted by Ran).