Detective Conan World
Southpaw

Durarara!!

A friend and I have started a petition to hopefully get FUNimation to look into getting the rights for the English dub of DRRR. Please join.

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/DRRR/petition.html

Now... I know what you're thinking. "English dub?" You read me right. We've started a petition for FUNimation to license this fascinating and unusual show. Think about it - if it's gonna get licensed, which group would you rather pick it up? They already have Baccano, which was done by the same Japanese group, and Durarara probably suits them better than if another group was to license it. I know we've been burned by them in the past (The DC English dub was generally a good translation, except they mangled people's names and Heiji was spouting stuff he had no business knowing about, the first time he showed up), but they have gotten much better since then, and they even had a few gems before that.

So please throw your weight in to our cause!

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Durarara, it's basically a story of a boy who moves to Ikebukuro to go to high school and reconnect with a childhood friend... and it's also about all the other people they meet along the way. It's often twisted and confusing, just like Baccano, but it's also deep and challenges one's sense of human relationships. Just don't expect it to be a typical slice-of-life story!

Alright, I have signed the petition under the name "Christian".

thanks! full name would have been better, but at least it's something

please tell any of your friends who might be interested :)

actually, my friend who made the petition told me the cast will be announced at Otakon... I didn't know it's not FUNimation, though :(

this thread can still be used for discussion of the show itself

..Well people probably already know that Aniplex picked this up. Great series. It needs a second season badly, especially with the novels still coming out and so many mysteries that haven't even been introduced.

Does anyone know what's up with the manga? There have been like no translations for the past 4 months or so, what's going on?