Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
kirite

Fanart section of forum

I'm sure most people are already aware or already do this. Just being redundant and putting it in text :>.

Whenever I come here and I want to check out drawings, I find it kinda hard to do so for a few reasons:

1. Images are surprise!huge. Y u no spoiler box and y u no resize ;n;? My computer sucks you know.

2. I'm not even sure what I looked at or didn't look at anymore xD

It would be nice if people with large images put their images in a spoiler box (so we don't have to load it if we saw it already) and for people who post multiple drawings at a time to please put it all in one thread instead of making a new thread for every picture (and double posting).

For repeated posters they could make a thread for their pics. I notice some people doing that here already :>. It's just so much...neater? Also you can track your progress that way, seeing how you used to draw like 2 years ago and seeing how you draw now.

For advance!level:

If it's a picture you traced or used a single reference for you should say so, just sayin :ugeek:.

Point taken. I haven't done any cleanup down in fanart, but I think it's a good idea. I took a look and a bunch of threads can probably get merged. I merged some by Aerya and Tsukiko as a test and it looks good to me. It would allow people to see all the works by a particular artist pretty easily.

Edit: Not even close to done merging yet and the page number has been cut down to half...

\

1. Images are surprise!huge. Y u no spoiler box and y u no resize ;n;? My computer sucks you know.

Doesn't it do this already...? huh.gif I'm pretty sure if the picture is too large the forum re-sizes it...?

Doesn't it do this already...? huh.gif I'm pretty sure if the picture is too large the forum re-sizes it...?

Let me think...sometimes it doesn't work, and I think it also doesn't work on computers with slow connections.

Also you can track your progress that way, seeing how you used to draw like 2 years ago and seeing how you draw now.

Yeaaaah not everyone likes to publicly announce their improvement. It can be embarrassing.

If you don't want people to see your old drawings you can just remove them. Just edit or delete the post where the old picture is. My thread over at dctp for example, I would delete the old sketch everytime I update it. I stopped doing that when people asked me not to, but you can still continue to do so.

It loads it at full size first before resizing, so your computer still takes the full memory hit of loading a huge picture. Sketchy connections don't make it through the full load process and don't get resized. I have a good connection and still have trouble with some of the largest pictures.

Yeaaaah not everyone likes to publicly announce their improvement. It can be embarrassing.

If you feel that embarrassed about your older art, then take the old art down, redo it, or re-edit the post to put links to your better newer art first. If it's on the internet and not behind any view barriers, it's the equivalent of being publicly announced. I don't think anyone should be ashamed of improving. Editing your first post to link to your art in reverse order with dates would be the best strategy.

My computer have troubles loading large image too. (not to mention I also upload large image... stupid phone...)

and if there are GIFs.... sometimes, my comp crashes and I have to restart...