Camping trip Ax murder (no spoiler topic) 815-817

10 members have voted

1. 1. The murderer is...

• Yonezumi Hayamichi
    • Usagi Chouzou
    • Iwakuma Takeya
    • Someone else
    • Don't know

From this moment on, Discussion Threads of the weekly released Manga cases will be separated into two types: One for readers who read and discuss any kind of spoiler (including the Chinese scan) before the English version gets released; the other one is for readers who decide to stick up with the English files only.

And THIS THREAD will be used to discuss the ENGLISH ONLY VERSION. In other words, if you only read early spoilers or the Chinese scanlation and wish to discuss them, this is NOT the right place for you !

RULES OF THE ENGLISH ONLY NO SPOILER DISCUSSION THREAD:

1. DO NOT POST any kind of spoiler involving the case (Pictures, Texts, Information, Full Scans...) if any language. Even posting spoilers in spoiler boxes is not allowed.

2. Please DO NOT reveal, give hints or talk about any information or event that has not yet happened in the English releases in this thread.

Q&A:

1. Why is this whole thing necessary ?

A: Click here.

2. Can I join the discussion in the other thread as well ?

A: Of course you can. HOWEVER, as mentioned in the rules above, you MUST NOT reveal, give hints or talk about ANYTHING that spoils in this thread if you do.

• Upvote 3

There is something that I find fishy about this case: Why is the culprit shown in "Black shadow" form ? Normally, the purpose of doing that is to hide the identity of the real culprit from the readers. However, in this case, we don't have more than one suspect (the two bags in the hut likely belong to the killer and the victim, so for now we can assume that). So the question is: Why not showing the image of the culprit directly to the readers ? What's the point of hiding it anyway ?

Also, does anyone think that snake might be related to this case (I personally think Gosho wouldn't draw that warning sign for nothing) ? Like perhaps the culprit poisoned the girl with a snake before chopping her ? Or maybe the culprit purposely put that sign there to prevent people from getting near to that area (where he's obviously burying a body), I find the latter more likely, because I don't think that the culprit is bold enough to risk entering a place that really has snakes.

I don't see the Detective Boys hunting for treasure any time soon

...or camping

...or sleeping

...and Mitsuhiko fell in blood, so that poor boy is going to be horrified (and smelly) for a while.

...or camping

...or sleeping

...and Mitsuhiko fell in blood, so that poor boy is going to be horrified (and smelly) for a while.

LOL yeah poor Mitsuhiko...

I really like this case,it looks like a horror movie!!!

I can't wait for the next file^^

@BD:Yeah I don't know why Gosho is hiding the identity of the murderer...During the Desperate revival case for example,we saw the identity of the 3 murderers.

I really hope someone will take the antidote,I don't know why Gosho would show the pill if nobody takes it.

If this case leads to the Ai/Sera confrontation,then I hope Haibara will take the antidote^^

Thoughts on the case:

-I'm sensing in the future Conan sneaking into Haibara's bag and stealing an antidote.

-Conan has a smart phone now?! Man has technology changed over time...

-Hmm... Amuro does not like the fact that Sera is searching for Conan (hence his overly dramatized expression).

-Is Sera's motive for joining the camping trip to find Haibara? (Then the Sera/Haibara showdown may soon commence)

-As for the case, there's not much we can explore until the next chapter.

There is something that I find fishy about this case: Why is the culprit shown in "Black shadow" form ? Normally, the purpose of doing that is to hide the identity of the real culprit from the readers. However, in this case, we don't have more than one suspect (the two bags in the hut likely belong to the killer and the victim, so for now we can assume that). So the question is: Why not showing the image of the culprit directly to the readers ? What's the point of hiding it anyway ?

But there were other campers nearby, so the culprit could have blended right in. And maybe afterwards, Conan and Sera would investigate both the case and the whereabouts of the DB. It's likely that there will be 3-4 suspects in which Conan and Sera will question each and everyone one of them in order to identify the culprit. Right when they discover the murderer's identity, however, he would have already escaped to the scene of the crime (the cabin with the ax) to destroy any evidence and/or to kill the witnesses (the DB, that is). Then we have the obvious "Conan, to the rescue!" and then REAL PLOT is about to go down. *anticipated*

We might get some suspects next file, which is why I have left out the poll.

As much as I would like Ai to take the antidote, it is Conan who has the cold. Either way though, this does bode well for upcoming developments.

I also like the look of this mystery train. I hope we make up for the lack of Subaru snow skiing with a train case. It would be interesting if the final Bourbon clash took place on a train.

Sera definitely deliberately tracked down the Detective boys and Agasa, probably to get at Haibara whom she hasn't met closely yet.

Credit for Sonoci posting this first, but I agree with her that Amuro is interested in Agasa because of the car chase in File 800, and doubly so because Sera was asking about him. Sonoci thinks Amuro is wrongly placing Agasa's name to Okiya's face, but it could be that Amuro thinks the mysterious guy-he-doesn't-know-the-name-of is connected with Agasa, not actually Agasa. Both work at the current stage of things.

Regarding what Okiya means with the territory line, I think it's a gentle warning for Ai to stay back because Akai doesn't want her to get too involved in case Okiya comes into the firing line for some reason. I think Ai is being a bit melodramatic about what she thinks Okiya means.

EDIT: Sonoci has a 4Koma about Amuro's possible Agasa mixup that I would like to post, but will give her the chance to first.**COUGH HINT HINT COUGH**

She never came so here it is.

All Credit to the glorious SONOCI!!!!

mistaken.png

I somehow managed to avoid all spoilers! \(;v;)/

. . . I wonder if the suspects will consist of the murdered girl's boyfriend, her brother/male friend, and a female friend who has masculine tastes in fashion? AND THE CULPRIT TURNS OUT TO BE THE FEMALE FRIEND /shot

I wonder why Aoyama made Sera and Conan's phones the same? He seems to care about the type of phone his characters carry, based on what he says on Sherry's Soliloquy/Comment/etc. . . .

well i really like this idea, spoilers came out too early and spoiled the case for me.

anyhow this case feels more like a developmental case that has a strong potential of the antidote being used sometime soon. It would be great if Ai is forced to use it. When i think about it, its the perfect setup for that to happen. She brought it with her, their in a cabin that probably contains adult women's clothing, she may have no other choice for a change. As well as the fact that she has no idea Sera was stalking them all the way there. This could be a potential clash between the two. Conan and his cold is probably a red herring, because he dosn't nessasarily need a cold to use the antidote, but may use alcohol later for a bourbon arc climax.

well this is just my thoughts so far

Okay, translations for the file came out. Things are really picking up the pace, so that's great. And finally, we have suspects! Just three guys, nothing too out of hand or complicated, though there's not much to go off of right now. All of their reasons for being at the campgrounds seem legit enough (even the guy who said he was taking pictures of the azaleas doesn't seem suspicious because he's right about orange azaleas blooming around early May). If I had to just pick a guy based on what we have so far, I'd pick Yonezumi Hayamichi, the part-time worker. I'm only suspecting him because of three main reasons: his age, his hair color, and his occupation. He's around the same age the lady, so it seems more likely that they would know each other. He just says he's a part-time worker, but isn't very specific. He could possibly work at the same day-care the lady worked at (though thinking about it now a guy like him probably wouldn't get along with children well). And finally his hair color. If Yamamura is right about the dying message (ha!) pointing to the woman's older brother, then his physical appearance would most likely support this theory. That's just what I think so far, but heck it's so early into introducing the suspects it's hard to make any solid opinion.

I don't know why I failed to mention this earlier, but Gosho has another case in a forest again. Oh joy, forest symbolism in literature. I could go on and on about the devil and the BO, but I won't. It's pretty self explanatory anyway.

And as for the "mystery" woman with the ax at the end, it's so obvious I don't even have to say anything.

Regarding the case, I think it's shadow play to make images or characters on the wall. Some Japanese names would be useful. The right hand does look a bit like what you would make if you were doing a rabbit (Usagi.) I suppose a check to see what all the other suspects have in their names and a more careful look at the hands is warranted.

As soon as Haibara starting coughing, I realized this was going to turn out more interesting. If Haibara stays Shiho for at least one or two more cases after this, I think this will really be it. A huge development like this is really only suitable for the end of an arc.

Making Haibara into Shiho does make some sense risk wise, it removes the problem of Amuro finding out about Ai Haibara because he is trying to meet up with Okiya/Agasa. The real problem then becomes how to dissociate Shiho from the main characters so that Amuro doesn't figure out who she is living with long enough to get Amuro's allegiance exposed and get him away. The FBI and Akai would come in really well here.

I can see one last seemingly hair-raising Okiya is Bourbon moment where he basically hauls off or approaches Shiho in a scary manner to rescue or hide her, but that is about it.

• Upvote 1

Regarding the case, I think it's shadow play to make images or characters on the wall. Some Japanese names would be useful. The right hand does look a bit like what you would make if you were doing a rabbit (Usagi.) I suppose a check to see what all the other suspects have in their names and a more careful look at the hands is warranted.

I was thinking along the lines of shadow puppets too, but I think you're absolutely right about her hands making a rabbit. Here's a picture I found that shows how to make a rabbit shadow puppet using two hands (the way it is made in the chapter is slightly different):

rabbitshadowpuppet.jpg?t=1336516394

Considering that she's a childcare worker, the woman probably entertains children using shadow puppets with her hands. Luckily in this case, there is a man named Usagi (rabbit in japanese) who is possibly, if not likely, the murderer who killed her, so with little time left to live, the woman used shadow puppetry as her dying message. The culprit probably noticed this dying message and decided to separate her hands to throw off the police.

As for Shiho appearing, I wonder how she will manage to let the detective boys escape. They would wonder about Haibara's whereabouts and wouldn't dare to leave her behind, so what is her plan exactly? Furthermore, will she really show herself in front of Conan, Agasa, and most importantly, Sera? I have a feeling that she would have to disguise herself in some way or fashion until the effects of the drug wears out. Guess we'll have to see in the next chapter.

• Upvote 1

As soon as Haibara starting coughing, I realized this was going to turn out more interesting. If Haibara stays Shiho for at least one or two more cases after this, I think this will really be it. A huge development like this is really only suitable for the end of an arc.

Making Haibara into Shiho does make some sense risk wise, it removes the problem of Amuro finding out about Ai Haibara because he is trying to meet up with Okiya/Agasa. The real problem then becomes how to dissociate Shiho from the main characters so that Amuro doesn't figure out who she is living with long enough to get Amuro's allegiance exposed and get him away. The FBI and Akai would come in really well here.

I can see one last seemingly hair-raising Okiya is Bourbon moment where he basically hauls off or approaches Shiho in a scary manner to rescue or hide her, but that is about it.

I really hope that everything you said will happen.That would be great^^

But I'm afraid that Sera will be the only suspicious person who will meet or see Shiho,considering that the Sera/ai confrontation planned by Gosho will be aside of the Bourbon arc(according to his interview)

As much as I like that idea, it doesn't seem that her fingers are in the same position as the rabbit thing.

rabbit.png?t=1336522142

Her pinkies are curled on both hands, which doesn't seem to be how you do the rabbit, as well as overall shape. That said, it seems closer to be this sort:

C009-4.gif

I want to say it's a red herring, but honestly I don't know enough about shadow puppets to say too much. XD

As a note, this video is amazing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_5pEcOYW6M

eta: Whoops, I tried spoiler tags to cut down on the images but it would not work for me. D:

rabbit.png?t=1336522142

I think you can make the rabbit if you do your hands like Yamamura is, right hand making an O with two ears and then setting it on your left hand, which is extending three fingers. Your left hand should be palm away from you, so the fingers point left and cover your left hand's index finger with the chin/ neck of the rabbit head and you get a rabbit with two outstretched legs jumping left. The ears are swept forwards rather than backwards.

The other possible animals are kuma = bear and nezumi = mouse by the way.

I need to fiddle around and see if I can get one of those as well. Usually the culprit has one other clue along with the dying message to break their alibi, so that should also be looked into.

When Ai transformed into Shiho, did the other Detective Boys witness the transformation? If not, what prevented them from witnessing it? (I can't seem to figure this out merely by reading the Manga)

When Ai transformed into Shiho, did the other Detective Boys witness the transformation? If not, what prevented them from witnessing it? (I can't seem to figure this out merely by reading the Manga)

If the figure is Shiho, which I think is 100% guaranteed, she was in the other room at the time -- the one with the bloody ax and the backpacks.

If the figure is Shiho, which I think is 100% guaranteed, she was in the other room at the time -- the one with the bloody ax and the backpacks.

If thats the case i'm suprised they didn't hear the yell they always make when they transform

If thats the case i'm suprised they didn't hear the yell they always make when they transform

Only one such "yell" has been documented thus far: Ai's first transformation into Shiho. All other child to adult transformations do not have documented yells associated with them.

Only one such "yell" has been documented thus far: Ai's first transformation into Shiho. All other child to adult transformations do not have documented yells associated with them.

.... Conan screams practically every time.

.... Conan screams practically every time.

But it seems that those screams only occur when he shrinks, not when he expands.

Conan use antidote in desperate situations to conceal his identity:

1 In Shiragami arc, Ai give him a second antidote and he transform in a toilet room. Ran's not notice

2 In London arc. He use spare antidote in a phone booth. Again, Ran's not notice.

Edit: and File 817 Eng was release!

No English downloads!