Detective Conan World
Akazora

DC Ending 42 -- "Overwriting" by BREAKERZ

BREAKERZ is back once again with a new single, which will now be used as an ending instead of an opening. Titled "Overwriting", it will make its debut with episode 654 which airs May 5th. Not much else is known, obviously, but May is right around the corner anyhow! Hang in tight and post your thoughts! This thread will be continuously updated with news as it comes rolling in.

I'm with Waka on this... Breakerz never struck me as a good band, and I haven't liked one thing that they did thus far. Since I don't watch the anime, I'll just listen to it and critique it as I usually do.

What is with this series picking nothing but junk lately for these openings and endings? I'm not making a "lol music sucks these days" joke because we've certainly had some damn good stuff in recent years (Can the show PLEASE pick-up another Hundred Percent Free song for this series?) but then you get a bunch of garbage like Caos Caos Caos and what feels like the 700th song written by Daigo.

I don't know what's up with the DC production staff picking up bad songs... but I do have a Breakerz song in my library that I feel they were channeling L'Arc en Ciel (every time it starts, I have to check my iPod :P) . It's called "Climber x Climber", from Cardfight Vanguard... and it's not exactly a great song, but it is better than what DC's picked up

I actually really liked the last opening- if you put a different song in it.

As long as I have a mute button and the opening/ending sequence isn't as dreadfully painful to sit through as the current ending, I think I should be fine. :3

I actually like BREAKERZ. *Surprise surprise* But honestly, I'd have to say I'd pick Hundred Percent Free any day. PLEASE DC PRODUCTION CREW! Give us another Hundred Percent Free song!

I don't know what's up with the DC production staff picking up bad songs... but I do have a Breakerz song in my library that I feel they were channeling L'Arc en Ciel (every time it starts, I have to check my iPod :P) . It's called "Climber x Climber", from Cardfight Vanguard... and it's not exactly a great song, but it is better than what DC's picked up

Me..I like "GO" I think that's better than the last opening...(knows BREAKERZ songs because I have a Breakerz maniac friend dry.gif)

episode 654 May 5th? what? aren’t we at 652? :/

this forum seems to have some deep hatred for Conan OPs/EDs, I personally like most of them

I don't know about other people, but I have liked a good many of them... it's just recently some of their choices have been less than stellar

this forum seems to have some deep hatred for Conan OPs/EDs, I personally like most of them

I think you are mistaken. I have not yet meet a single person in any DC community that had a "deep hatred for Conan OPs/EDs" At most they are selective of what they like, hating a certain few. The rest are dependent on the individual and how they view music and what sort of music they like. I'm one of the most picky and critical people in the DC community when it comes to music, and I don't hate all of it. I like a decent amount of the OP/EDs. That isn't to say I like all of them, and I can certainly dislike a particular group (breakerz).

I've said this before in regards to the movies if I recall... It is my right and the right of the consumer to choose to dislike what is put out. Thus goes for everything from movies to music to Anime to manga to comics to books or any other form of media. Even if I like DC as a whole, it does not mean I have to like everything about the series. And personally, I find it annoying when fans of a form of media gush over substandard work or choices, because all that does is tell the producers that it's ok to put out such work and quality will inevitably decrease. DC has been choosing some poor music choices lately, and it is the right and responsibility of us fans to voice our opinions so that changes might be made.

• Upvote 2

I have 'deep hatred' for crappy music, be it from DC, from some pop idols or from my neighbour.

• Upvote 1

I don't really listen to the endings or openings a lot of the time. I just mute most of them. All I ever really care about is how interesting the animation going along with it is.

I will be furious if it's like the current ending.

Unfortunately, I have only been able to find a poor quality version of the ending as of right now.

Watch it here: http://www.bilibili.tv/video/av260783/

As the day goes on, hopefully a better version of it will surface on some website.

I can't judge the animation too much, only because I can't really see it that well, but the song isn't too bad. Do I like it? No. Do I hate it? No. It's just average. It could have been a whole lot better (there have been some really nice endings this anime season as a whole), but I'm not really complaining. After all, it's just an ending. What the next opening turns out to be is of more concern to me.

EDIT:

A good quality version of the ending has been uploaded to YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aeqmd4gbHUg

No lie, the beginning of the song sounded pretty good... until I heard the singing. Then it went downhill for me.

And of course you have your typical animation and scenes that you would see in any ending. But, overall, the melody of the song was the best part of the whole thing.

No lie, the beginning of the song sounded pretty good... until I heard the singing. Then it went downhill for me.

Sounds like a review of every BREAKERZ song ever. And unsurprisingly enough after listening to this, this song is no exception.

Also, a comment on the ending video itself, that shot of Conan running is embarrassing.

conanx.png

what the hell

^its a star walk now =X

Its a moon participation again! Conan walking on the stars maybe a good photo for funny caption thread xD I only like the last part..(not the baybe)

its kinda cute though

I liked the music this time around. It was actually kinda well done. :)

The animation... Well I always hate it that they use clips from the episode. But the stars was cute and Conan hanging off of the moon was ADORABLE! x3

I would like the ending to be FULL, though... for there to be no clips from the episode and for it to just be a full-blown ENDING!!!