Detective Conan World
silverbullet28

Kudo or L?

I disagree, I think L is more aggressive... but that might just be because of the cases they each take. L's cases are on a more international scale, and so tend to be more influential

but then again, DeathNote is one big case, whereas DC is a lot of smaller cases... so it might not be apples to apples

i agree with the TC, L is more laid back than conan, conan is always tense and running and looking for clues, while L usually get presented by other peoples work and analyze them, all in all they both have excellent deduction skills.

I think theyre the same in aggressiveness But we can't see L's aggressiveness bcoz as Southpaw said it's on a very wide scale. Plus, he has to maintain his secret identity if he wants to live longer. Displaying such abilities will invite evil persons of all sorts to kill. Such persons as L is a huge problem to the criminal world.

Oh, we all know Shinichi would have certainly figured out Light was Kira on day one! ;)

They're both very similar detectives, however the way they handle cases are much different. I would argue that Shinichi is much more aggressive — or at least, he's put into far more dangerous situations that make him appear to be. Shinichi will hop into the fray regardless of the dangers, driven to find that one single truth by all means necessary. L would just as well have send someone else as his investigator to gather whatever information he needed.

Therefore, I believe L is more likely to play it safe. Shinichi is more impulsive, though he has his wits to keep him safe.

L, on the other hand, is more manipulative, almost like a "mind detective". Instead of solely physical evidence, he pays more attention to the demeanor of his suspect and their tone. At least in the Kira Case.

Quite frankly, I bet they would make a great team. L, with all of his resources and influence, would easily be able to pinpoint the location(s) of the Black Organization hideout(s) and where Kira is located.

Meanwhile, Shinichi could fill in the gaps of detaining them. Undoubtedly with all of the sophisticated and complex ways to murder individuals he has deciphered, laying some sort of trap or acquiring the physical evidence of their crimes would be plausible for him.

Besides, Kira couldn't kill Shinichi. After all, his persona of "Conan Edogawa" doesn't really exist!

In conclusion, I'll end my rambling with this — Shinichi is more of a "field operative", whereas L has more resource information to rely on and therefore more of a "behind the scenes" guy.

• Upvote 3

Yeah! i agreed with you. haha! If they work together. L can locate the Black Org. Like what he did to Kira. I like that part. And maybe if L know's the true identity of conan he can have the idea of using Conan's face existence to locate Kira as well. yeah! they would make a great team.

• Upvote 1

Yeah! i agreed with you. haha! If they work together. L can locate the Black Org. Like what he did to Kira. I like that part. And maybe if L know's the true identity of conan he can have the idea of using Conan's face existence to locate Kira as well. yeah! they would make a great team.

I'm glad you agree, my little Silver-Bullet-kun! Instead of pitting them against each other, they may as well team up and utilize their abilities together to bring down the bad guys.

I could completely see L taking advantage of Shinichi's "shrunken" situation, too! Haha! :D

I'm glad you agree, my little Silver-Bullet-kun! Instead of pitting them against each other, they may as well team up and utilize their abilities together to bring down the bad guys.

I could completely see L taking advantage of Shinichi's "shrunken" situation, too! Haha! :D

well, know what? while im reading this, it looks likes the real "Jodie-sensei" is talking to me. LOL! Haha! but anyway, knowing Conan he can fool Kira using his fake existence. ;)

I agree with Jodie-senpai :) (and Silver-Buletto :P)!

I had watched Death Note, and I would say... it's more interesting than Detective Conan in a way. Although I disliked something in the plot, but the rest of it was just AWESOME (aside from L's death)! My favorite character there is L of course. And I was very disappointed when he died :(. He has a unique character, I've never seen anyone like him (ever!).

By the way, did you know that Shinichi and L share the same voice actor (in Japanese)? Yes, it's Kappei Yamaguchi :P. Haha, it's funny to know they are both detectives, very smart, and share the same voice. I bet they would make a good partner :D!

It is hard to compare between them B).

I found a very funny video on YouTube, and would like to share it with you guys. It's extremely funny, especially at the beginning!

Hard to choice I like L because his personality, weirdness, and genius. But I like Detective Conan more.... Maybe because they killed off L but the replacements were okay... (N and M). When I watch DN, I wanted to see how L will show off his skills. I could care less with the whole Kiya/ Light thing, it was stupid to me, I think they should have had a better plot. I think L should have been in a different show..... Detective Conan show, it gives Conan the chance to show his skills, and the cases I can be involved in figuring out who the criminal is. DN doesn't have stories to their cases, DC let's you witness. DN felt like a long movie.

I'll give the credit to Kudo.

I think L got the best deduction-skills, but i think he fails at finding proof.

Kudo uses more time, but he will find proof to back up his point of view...

Undoubtedly, the prize must go to Kudou. Kudou is the kind of person who can show his face in public without looking like a maniac. He also hasn't fallen into the hackneyed territory of "quirky detectives" or "weird detectives".

I'd also like to point out that the Death Note deductions seem to be nothing but relentless psychobabble, based on the stupidest, most dubious evidence. "You tried to win in tennis- you are the criminal! I'm X% sure. But I'm not going to do a darn thing about it for some reason."

In "Death Note", they claim L is a great detective, but that's never really attested to, due to the nature of the case he handles. In the spinoff book of "Los Angeles Locked-room Murders", he's not even the one who solves the case, and seems to have remarkably little input. Seeing Shinichi/Conan in many different kinds of cases can show us his deductions are based on far more than faulty psychological profiling.

And here's something funny I found on the internet a few days ago: http://ikillthings.tumblr.com/post/4992058830/conan-doing-the-l-pose-before-death-note-was

I'm going with L > Detective Conan or Shinichi Kudo. Shinichi is more great with all the skills he has (aah, youth), but I think L's more of a... almost? defenseless freak that likes to sit around, have weird habits, yet become the biggest genius that exists on earth. It makes it sound like more realistic than Shinichi, but hey, I still love both of them. But I'm not really addicted to them anymore, too many awesome-weird anime chars appearing out-of-nowhere now.

I like L because at the way he stare, he can realized if his enemy is just beside him or not, while Kudo, uhm... he's very creepy, he's too obvious that he's hiding something you know..ahehehe.. but I like the DC's story line compared to that death note.. that's all folks..!!! :D