Detective Conan World
CarpetCrawler

Happy Third, DCW!!

Today, April 10th, is the third anniversary of none other than Detective Conan World!! It's so shocking how much of a long way we've come. Three years ago on this date, Maurice started up a little website that had a tiny forum and an even tinier wiki. Originally the main page was in a blog format, but it wasn't until later that Maurice changed everything to what most of you know now. I still remember the original forum layout we had, back when the only active folks here were me, Maurice, Southpaw, and lashedcheek. What an amazing difference three years makes. It wasn't long before we received recognition on other places, including support from The Detective Conan Translation Project, especially from Jd-, who has given me lots of moral support from even when the place first started out, and has lent a helping hand in many of our projects (with the favor returned from DCW to DCTP as well).

Hard to believe that in three years, we've gotten so many excellent projects completed on this little website:

- Two translated chapter works by Gosho Aoyama (one of them an un-translated Magic Kaito chapter that, with our help, finally got the release it deserved, and another work is the original Magic Kaito prototype)

- This incredible fan-community. The little forum that could, its active-ness putting this community into the upper-level in the Detective Conan fandom.

- An amazing wiki that is full of excellent and organized information, including theories and analysis, that just keeps growing as the days go by.

- The podcast that I work on with the help of so many other people, a podcast that is gaining tract in the fandom and popularity amongst many folks from all places.And that's not even counting tons of other things that are in the works here at DCW!!

I would most like to thank Maurice though. Without Maurice, this website isn't even a website. While Maurice may not be as active on this forum as he used to be, he still drops in to check if things are alright, and still works hard to add features and exciting new things to this little community here.I would just like to thank all of you for supporting the site through Facebook, Twitter, the wiki, our podcasts, and other places!! Keep up the support and keep sticking with us, because, as Frank Sinatra once so beautifully put it:

You ain't seen nothin' yet

The best is yet to come, and babe, won't it be fine

Thank you for your support, from all of us at Detective Conan World!!
  • Upvote 12

Happy anniversary DCW! I have to say this site has been enabling my Conan addiction for the last year or so. The community has really amassed a lot if information.

I love you guys. Thank you so much for being amazing. <3 Here is my gift. :)

This is just unbelievably epic... :P

+1 for gabapple for the video...:)

and +1 for CC for the epic face... :P

Happy Anniverary, DCW \o/. Stay awesome as always. <3

Regarding the video, I don't know how to react but gladly CC pretty much summed it up.

tumblr_ly2yum5be21qccscb.gif

I suck in just to Congratulate DCW's 3rd Anniversary~!!! :P

It's been almost a year since Cure-kun and I created this account together.

Even a year may seem short, I (as well as Cure-kun) had so much memories here.

This is my second home, I feel more comfortable here than anywhere else.

And I must say it again... Congratulations Detective Conan World for the third Anniversary.

Wooo~~!!! xD HAPPY BELATED ANNIVERSARY, DCW~! xDD

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY DEAR DCW~~~

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO YOUU!

ARE YOU ONE?

ARE YOU TWO?

ARE YOU THREE?

YAY~!! xD You're three and a day! xP

Oh yes. That's an awesome video, Gab-chan~! <33

And an epic face too, Carpet-san. xD