Detective Conan World
01jtiong

Why is RAN always in denial

Everytime the topic of her and shinichi as a couple or everytime she hears that sonoko says that her husband or married or anything related to this matter she denies it which annoys me

why can't she accept it or face truth to it

As someone with family who asks if every single male I ever know is someone I am dating, denial is a big part of it because it gets annoying as hell. "Omg you talked to that guy, are you dating?" "omg, that boy looked at you, are you dating?"

Because they aren't a couple yet, hehe

There's no official committment between ShinRan but their hearts are already committed to each other but they don't know..

Me too...but the one that annoys me is almost all of them is saying Shinichi is Ran's boyfriend >.< hahahaha! Annoys me to the bone with 'omg! >:"( >///<

If she doesn't do that, the "love" story loses excitement.

That's like saying, "why not just show the solution first then show the whole deduction?"

There are reasons for everything.

That might be because she's too naive.. Anyway Shin and her were not really "confirmed" couples. We can also see how she cannot answer Shinichi's "confession" when it finally came. I mean isn't she waiting for him to do that?

That might be because she's too naive.. Anyway Shin and her were not really "confirmed" couples. We can also see how she cannot answer Shinichi's "confession" when it finally came. I mean isn't she waiting for him to do that?

Some people have a hard time dealing with something they've wait a long time for. It's kind of like being shellshocked. She's probably a bit in disbelief that he actually said that to her, and to her face! That would explain why Sonoko's "OMG WHAT ARE YOU DOING WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY ANYTHING BACK??" reaction was kind of... more shocking to her. It's a confirmation that he actually said it.

Some people have a hard time dealing with something they've wait a long time for. It's kind of like being shellshocked. She's probably a bit in disbelief that he actually said that to her, and to her face! That would explain why Sonoko's "OMG WHAT ARE YOU DOING WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY ANYTHING BACK??" reaction was kind of... more shocking to her. It's a confirmation that he actually said it.

I'd argue that it isn't actually Ran, but Gosho and his inability to complete any romantic story arc. Or at the very least he is very bad at it (probably wants to prolong it). Deaths and murders? Over in a few files... Romantic interactions? Oh... only about 150+ or so before any progress is made. Let's face it... Gosho is a troll.

Its almost as bad as BO.... (which is usually 100 files between development)

I'd argue that it isn't actually Ran, but Gosho and his inability to complete any romantic story arc. Or at the very least he is very bad at it (probably wants to prolong it). Deaths and murders? Over in a few files... Romantic interactions? Oh... only about 150+ or so before any progress is made. Let's face it... Gosho is a troll.

Its almost as bad as BO.... (which is usually 100 files between development)

Normally I would agree with you, but I think Satou and Takagi prove he is capable, but that he can be a huge troll (Kazuha...). However, considering how demure Ran tends to be in her personal life, I'm still sticking with what I said.

Gosho's own notably bad romantic history I imagine certainly can be taken into account with how much his characters fumble over the issue of romance in his own stories. It's certainly an interesting point that needs to be brought up.

• Upvote 1

Because in anime it's deemed as "cute".

I don't know about you but most girls I know practically come right out about their feelings... all of the time....

But I could just be surrounded by a bunch of boyfriend jumpers. That option could be open too. :P

I'd say it's a deliberate act by the producers to keep things interesting. Although I support Takagi & Sato as a couple, I felt that once their relationship was cemented (by virtue of their first kiss, followed by Conan & Co. steering Shiratori away from them), that storyline was not as interesting as before. I think the producers want to wait until the series nears its end before they officially let Ran & Shinichi declare themselves a couple.

I'd say it's a deliberate act by the producers to keep things interesting. Although I support Takagi & Sato as a couple, I felt that once their relationship was cemented (by virtue of their first kiss, followed by Conan & Co. steering Shiratori away from them), that storyline was not as interesting as before. I think the producers want to wait until the series nears its end before they officially let Ran & Shinichi declare themselves a couple.

That just proves that Gosho isn't good at writing romance. Romance had many usable emotions and is very easy to make interesting. The fact that he can't shows he is inept. This is especially true of the unique situation which he has created.

• Upvote 2

Maybe she can't accept it because she's guilty. As what others say, "If you deny it, your guilty. If you accept it, people will know it's true." :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think it's normal for her to be like that because of her character in the story.. but still as the story of their hide and seek love maybe Ran now has the urge to be more comfortable with that topic, being tease by someone to Shinichi.