Detective Conan World
Ariadne Miyano

Shinich and Conan: Two Different Characters

These two, although they are really the same were always addressed as two different people. (And some even wishes them to be two real different people). So what's the secret behind that? And what differences can we cite between Conan and Shinichi and the way they interact with people?

(We can also see in the recent Shounen Sunday poll that Shinichi came down to fourth while Conan rose to first)

(P.S. Off topic- did anyone of you see SHINee's new song? I thought it was creepy when they released a song entitled "Sherlock" when I am starting to get addicted with Conan and Holmes)

These two, although they are really the same were always addressed as two different people. (And some even wishes them to be two real different people). So what's the secret behind that? And what differences can we cite between Conan and Shinichi and the way they interact with people?

(We can also see in the recent Shounen Sunday poll that Shinichi came down to fourth while Conan rose to first)

(P.S. Off topic- did anyone of you see SHINee's new song? I thought it was creepy when they released a song entitled "Sherlock" when I am starting to get addicted with Conan and Holmes)

Shinichi is a weak people to other self.

well, i think they almost the same. no difference.

yes, i did. but i think the song is not too bad. i like the choreography!^.^

SHINee_sherlock_20120323.jpg

I've always liked Shinichi a lot, and I thought it was interesting to see him intereact with the people he knew as a little kid. But recently it is starting to feel like Conan and him are two different people, which is just weird. (Is it also weird I think Shinichi is smarter than Conan? lol)

Quite frankly, though the same in one person, they are two different characters. And notice my choice of the word character as that is how they are portrayed.

I would also like to think that the reason that they had something similar going on is because they, though one and the same, are to give two impressions. One being introvert and the opposite of being extrovert.