Detective Conan World
bluebluefida

How do to be a real detective?

First, by not asking this question. .__.

Just to let you know: real life detectives don't usually solve cases in less than 24 hours like most cases of Conan/Shinichi. It usually takes yeeeeeeeeears. And remember that they're fictional characters, they aren't real people.

Anyway, you can look around the internet for these kinds of things. :3

• Upvote 4

Maybe by joining the force and then quitting it. In 10 years, you will be the sleeping (insert name)

Note: Kogoro became sleeping Mouri after quitting the force for 10 years.(That is when conan starts help him solve the cases)

• Upvote 1

Hi, friends..

Please help me to answer this question via topic reply:

How do to be real detective, like Conan Edogawa or Sheerlock Hormes..? :)

To become a real detective, you need to be intelligent, descriptive, aware of your surroundings, and physically fit. Unfortunately, it doesn't exactly happen like in Shinichi's case. In fact, there are usually no teenage detectives that help out the police, nor is there detectives that solve cases in one day, unless it was a robbery or missing person's case.

You'd first need to meet certain requirements depending on where you live. Some people don't ask for a lot when it comes to educational background, others do. Some places, like in Britain, require you to have a certain number of years as a police officer before you can apply. Other places, like in certain US cities, require you to have earned a degree in certain areas before you can. Also, some places don't allow people in with a serious or rather bad criminal record (smart thing to do most times!)

Also, you don't just become a private eye like Mouri Kogoro or Sherlock Holmes in an instant. You have to work for the police for a while, the time limit varies, before you can go do your own thing.

There are certain things required that Shinichi demonstrates. You need to be physically fit, first off. If you're the type that doesn't do sports or sits around all day, but you want to be a detective, you have to be physically fit. All police officers, including detectives, have to go through a certain test to prove you are fit enough to do the work.

Also, you need a sharp mind, and a keen eye for details. Be aware of your surroundings, note the tiniest scratches, every difference in a room or on a person, and such. If you miss something, you could have just missed a logical clue. Like Holmes does, take everything and put it together like a puzzle. If it doesn't make since, see just what it is.

You also don't just assume when it comes to murder. You can guess a person's personality from a watch like Holmes did, but NEVER assume a murderer's personality from the clues they left behind. That could mean a serious punishment comes to an innocent person. Also, when doing this, you have to be aware of every word a person says, because it may end up leading to them being revealed to be the murderer.

There are two types of detectives mainly; there's the detective we think of, and the forensics detective. Forensics is the more scientific approach to becoming a detective, and requires less physical labor than a regular detective, who has to hunt down criminals with a gun all day. These "detectives" examine bodies, weapons, and objects to search for fingerprints, time of death, cause of death (in case poison or drugs were involved) and more, so if you don't have great physical strength, you don't get queasy, you are good in science, and you would love to be a detective, this job may be something to think about.

There's also record investigation, which are detectives that gain background info on a place, person, gang, etc. These people usually need warrants, but can also search through stuff such as credit card records, phone calls, etc.

There are also different departments for detectives, like homicide; robbery; burglary; auto theft; organized crimes; missing persons; juvenile crimes; fraud; narcotics; vice; criminal intelligence; aggravated assault/battery; sexual assault; computer crime; domestic violence; surveillance; and arson

Overall, it's a more tough and dangerous job than how our heroes like Shinichi and Holmes place it. It requires a lot of work and effort, and could lead to your life being in danger, or even taken. But if you're willing to be a law enforcer rather than a law breaker, and are willing to help out others and work hard, then this is for you. Just don't do it for the donuts. :grin:

• Upvote 1

To be a detective you should be/have...

- patient because it takes for how many years.

- a good memory so that you wont forget what are the evidences and what happen during the crime scene (if you were there when it happened

- good in analyzing

- brave in watching the corpse XP

that's all :)

Ooh, ooh, ooh!

Be an independent investigative journalist! Have a survey knowledge of everything, then start investigating into the corruption of governments and corporations using your detective skills (observe well, network to gain access to information, analyse your information to get to the problem and how to solve it), then publish your findings into the public through a major news network! This way you'll be like a spy/detective (I've read about many journalists who lead very exciting lives), but you won't be working for a private entity - instead you'll be working to empower the public! In fact I think that some CIA agents were journalists as their covers (though personally I hate the CIA)!

Or you could become a researcher in some scientific field, or even in history - having a keen sense of observation and insight is valued in research. Sherlock Holmes himself expressed how he wanted to be a chemist sometimes, because he wished to investigate nature instead of humans.

• Upvote 1

rent a place, paste "Private detective" on the glass, drink beer, be Yoko's fan, marry a lawyer and live separately with her/him, and wish that your daughter will bring a kid home.... lol

Hahaha

its not really possible to solve a case under 24 hours like Conan does....

though you have to be mentally strong to look at corpses I think..

Hmmm dunno what else to say..

Hard work. Practice. Good observing skills. Good research. You should probably read a lot, not just about crimes (real crimes, don't think DC's gonna cut it) but culture (big one) along with random facts (a lot about science). Probably want to be fit. Being a cop is a good idea. :P A smart one, please.

But really. Hard work, hard work, hard work.

Most private detectives are former police detectives that went into security firms or into private practices due to personal or financial reasons. That said, you would need to join the force first to learn how to be a detective. No one would hire a random person claiming to be a detective without real world experience. It doesn't work like that.

That said... Being a detective is not like the stories. If it is truly what you aspire to, work hard, study and join the police force. Where you will work for a certain amount of time on street and then be allowed the opportunity to take the Detective Exam and become a detective.

I admit, I've been asking myself that same question for ages. Well, I suppose being a 'detective' means having a keen eye for detail. If you're a good observer, then that's basically half the mental journey already. Real life is very different from fiction, and unfortunately, Holmes and Conan/Shinichi do not exist in real life as living breathing humans, but they do exist in the form of books, manga, anime and movies. Through this, you can draw inspiration from them on how to be a detective!

I admit, I've been asking myself that same question for ages. Well, I suppose being a 'detective' means having a keen eye for detail. If you're a good observer, then that's basically half the mental journey already. Real life is very different from fiction, and unfortunately, Holmes and Conan/Shinichi do not exist in real life as living breathing humans, but they do exist in the form of books, manga, anime and movies. Through this, you can draw inspiration from them on how to be a detective!

Fun fact... Holmes was based on a real person. Conan Doyle went to medical school, and Holmes was based off of his mentor. The ability to tell things about a person just by looking at them came from him. So basically... Dr House was based on Holmes, who was based on a doctor. It came full circle!

• Upvote 1

I guess, you should start with little things just like.. try to solve a classroom problem (if you're still studying):

Just like find out who steal someone's thing or.. who cheat in the class.. then that's a little step.. then when you're big enough... be a real detective..

... that's what I think.. :-D

Fun fact... Holmes was based on a real person. Conan Doyle went to medical school, and Holmes was based off of his mentor. The ability to tell things about a person just by looking at them came from him. So basically... Dr House was based on Holmes, who was based on a doctor. It came full circle!

Well, but when Doyle sent a letter to his Prof saying that, his prof said that "You yourself are Holmes " or something like that.

First, by not asking this question. .__.

Just to let you know: real life detectives don't usually solve cases in less than 24 hours like most cases of Conan/Shinichi. It usually takes yeeeeeeeeears. And remember that they're fictional characters, they aren't real people.

Anyway, you can look around the internet for these kinds of things. :3

Be a cop.

This ^

If you are genuinely interested in the subject, you should do some research on it. There is plenty out there, even if you just want to poke around on the internet. You will find that real life is very different from the characters created in fiction. There is a lot you have to do to be a good detective haha.

I have another little bit of advice for you, though it might not apply for you depending on your age. If you are interested in it, try to get a little first person experience before even deciding if it is something you want to do. Even just talking to a detective can be a real big eye opener on the subject. Back in high school I has a detective as a mentor and got to tag along with him everywhere and it was a real big change from what I thought at that point in time!

So yes, point is just do lost of research on the proper processes so you can get a glimpse of how it really works.

i would say what type of detective, there are many

the police

Criminal profiler

etc

Regardless you do different things and specialize, although the average case take a while or go cold (some are just poorly approached, their are crooked cops) It doesn't mean it will define you in the field if you are passionate. Some detectives come in and notice what others don't (just like on tv) and solve the cases. There are numerous renowned criminal profilers that came in and solve the cases, it is usually getting the suspect, forensics, judicial system, etc that take the most time. Sometime it take a long time to just get a lead. Be patient and keep striving to achieve your goals, there has to be an exception to every ruleicon_e_biggrin.gif

I know overall it's still TV, but Law & Order does a good job at showing the human side of being a detective. I cannot begin to count the times they were working on a case non stop for days at a time, running on empty and drinking coffee like no tomorrow, pawing through boxes and boxes of papers to find the one bit if information they were looking for... and that's me just thinking of SVU, I know it's happened a lot more on the flagship show, since it was on for ages. They also show you the dates, and if you pay attention, sometimes months go by. Now that I think about it, Cold Case was pretty good about that, too.

Since your question was so simple, I will try to answer simple too.

Get used to sitting back and observing things. Don't just see, observe.

Try to understand emotions by understanding the way you tick. Why am I sad when it rains? Why am I angry when someone tells me to do something? When do I feel like I lose control? Sometimes to understand what people will do you should understand why you feel certain way.

Hahah at least that's how I solve most cases from this manga xD. I feel after reading it for a few years I seem to stop rushing and just slow down...take my time to understand certain things better.