Detective Conan World
tengaku squared

The Political Compass

Hmm..... This is interesting. I think there is few things that makes you to be at left. 1) You are really at the left

2) You are not living at the U.S.A. (like me). 3) You didn't understand all the questions right (like me)

And I'm more at the right. Because I don't think that homo-adoptions wouldn't be so good thing. And I like big companies

Economic Left/Right: 2.88

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.95

Okay I re-test myself see any change.

Here are result...

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: 0.50

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.41

hmm wonder is this different to my last one?

Economic Left/Right: -0.38

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.13

Seem like it rolleyes.gif

Quite big change. I did this in order to see what is the result now.

BEFORE 02/05/2012

Economic Left/Right: 2.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.95

AFTER 15/07/2014

Economic Left/Right: -5.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.85

I think I'm far too left on the economics in that test.

Left/Right: -6.88

Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.79

Hm, interesting. Most of the political figures shown on their charts seem to be just my opposite!

I still don't trust this test. I'm only that far left in it because banks are evil and need to not be able to ruin the entire economy like what just happened a few years ago. :\ I took some other test not long ago that had more questions and weren't so one side or the other in their asking, it's a shame we can't mix them.

This test is accurate.

And lemme interpret what the sides mean based on my gathered knowledge and wisdom :P

Authoritarian: An authoritarian is someone who is more of a leader and this kind of person have strong sense of justice and is strict when it comes to rules and regulations. They also don't let their emotions run through them. (e.g. if someone did something wrong but is close his/her, no matter what, he/she will still punish that person or if someone did something wrong but did it for a reason, he'll/she'll still not let him/her pass)

Plus, they believe that moral code, in anyway they believe it is, is above anything else.

Libertarian: A social libertarian is a person who is the other way around. They let emotions run through them and believe that when leading, they should not be strict at all. They also believe that laws are suspectible to manipulations and that they shouldn't trust it all times. They also believe that rules and regulations have exceptions.

Having freedom is also their core belief.

Being a pure authoritarian is a disaster, if their core moral belief is really wrong (e.g. hitler). Being a pure libertarian is also the same, wanting too much freedom leads to bad consequences.

Now on the other way around, Being a pure authoritarian is good, if your moral ethics is right. Being a pure libertarian is also good if you know what responsibility is and you know how to handle it.

Economic Left: This person believes that cooperation is above competition.

Economic Right: This person believes that competition is above cooperation.

I dunno about this. My belief is more of cooperation since competition leads to bad things, unless, you're cooperating to do something awful.

Also my belief stems from this example:

If you have a set of bricks (let say exactly 100 bricks) to build a small model house that needs to be presented to an audience and you have two person in-charge of doing that.

Would you either let them compete and halve the 100 bricks and give each one 50 bricks and then you'll just judge who has the better model house for the presentation?

or would you let them cooperate fully in making a model house?

Well that example above applies irl... we have a very limited resources here on earth. Why not cooperate together in one branch of industry to make only one product instead of competing and making the same kind of product which has the same use? (e.g. different brands of smartphones)

Great examples there.

But I think (no matter what the test says) that competition is what makes things go forward.

You must be better than the other one in order to sell more. And the prises are low.

If there is no competition, you can sell good as high prise as you want.

Thread revival time!

I've actually always been meaning to do the political compass test, so it's cool that it found its way back to me at a time when I'm actually able to go through the whole thing.

Results:

Left/Right: -4.13

Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.26

So I'm Left-Libertarian, which is what I expected. I know Moho isn't here to plot the points anymore, but I'd be falling in right with the cluster of dots representing the DCW trend.

The lack of a middle neutal answer or at least less definitive answers (ex: slightly agree/disagree) is a bit disappointing. How vague/unspecific some questions were was unfortunate too. Like for "the rich are taxed too highly", what classifies as "rich"? Are we talking filthy rich as in million- and billionaires, people in the upper middle class who, while still middle class, have more than most, or perhaps something else...? 

Anywho:

Economic Left/Right: -3.75 

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.13

Sounds about right considering I best align with the Green and Libertarian parties. I wonder what the results would be like if the answer options weren't so black and white though.