Detective Conan World
snowflake

Arabic...

Hi guys I thought I would do this because

- I'm bored

- I want to teach people my language

So anyone wanna pop in just come in and if you have a question ask away... ;)

• Upvote 3

Hi (Assalamo alaikum)

I know Arabic but i'm not arab. (Ana ojido l-arabia ma'a anni lastu arab)

I began watching conan when I was studying Arabic. (Bada'to moshahidata l-mohaghegh Conan indama konto ata'allmo l-arabia)

It was my listening class. (laghad kaana zimna fasli l-istima')

Now

What about starting with some particular word, like:

Hello

How are you?

I'm Peter.

My name is Peter.

I'm 65 years old.

One two three four five six seven eight nine ten

Hi (Assalamo alaikum)

I know Arabic but i'm not arab. (Ana ojido l-arabia ma'a anni lastu arab)

I began watching conan when I was studying Arabic. (Bada'to moshahidata l-mohaghegh Conan indama konto ata'allmo l-arabia)

It was my listening class. (laghad kaana zimna fasli l-istima')

Now

What about starting with some particular word, like:

Hello

How are you?

I'm Peter.

My name is Peter.

I'm 65 years old.

One two three four five six seven eight nine ten

Hello: marhaban مرحباً

How are you? : if you want details, this gets a bit complicated. If you're talking to a singular male, you'd say "kaifa haluka كيف حالكَ" if you're talking to a singular female, you'd say "Kaifa haluki كيف حالكِ" if youre talking to two people, you'd say "kaifa halukuma كيف حالكما" and if youre talking to a group of people, you'd say "Kaifa halukum كيف حالكم" if there were any males, I only females you'd say "kaifa halukunna كيف حالكنَّ"

I'm Peter. Ana Peter

My name is Peter. Ana ismee Peter

I'm 65 years old. 'umri Khamsa wa sittuna 'aman

One: wahid

Two: ithnan OR ithnayn (depends on grammatical rules) (in dialect sometimes pronounced itnein)

Three: thalatha (in dialect sometimes pronounced talata)

Four: araba'a

Five: khamsa

Six: sitta

Seven: sab'a

Eight: thamaniya

Nine: tis'a

Ten: 'ashra (in dialect sometimes pronounced 'ashara)

• Upvote 1

Hello people, just thought I'd tell you this: you do know that Arabic letters are connected in writing, right? Cuz just recently I saw an app on the iPad that CLAIMED to teach Arabic writing, but it had the whole concept wrong and the letters weren't connected.

Example:

Correct: أنا أحب المحقق كونان

WRONG: أ ن ا أ ح ب ا ل م ح ق ق ك و ن ا ن

(by the way that's pronounced "Ana uhibbu al-muhaqiq Conan", meaning "I love/like Detective conan. And if you realized, they're the exact same letters but they change when occurring in words. Yes, I know, it's kinda tricky.)

OK I'd like to learn. I know the script and how to write and am fluent in speaking i.e I understand pronunciations. I just don't know what I'm saying unless I have memorized it. So where to begin?

OK I'd like to learn. I know the script and how to write and am fluent in speaking i.e I understand pronunciations. I just don't know what I'm saying unless I have memorized it. So where to begin?

People are different, but I'd say it would make it 70% easier if you focus on grammar. Eventually you'll be having words stuck to your head. Just remember sentence structure and I think you'd be able to get people to understand you. Then you would want to start focusing on feminine and masculine, singular, plural, and mo'annath (when it's two things). That will make your way of speaking correct. Hope I was able to help! :)

I'm going to preface this with saying I know absolutely nothing about the Arabic language. Everything I say on this is going to sound rightfully ignorant.

You said the letters need to be connected. It's just per word, correct?

Visually, there seems to be a line running through all of it/that they are on...? I don't think I could ever write it properly and not extremely messy if I tried. XD Is there any particular reason that is know for it to be so straight?

Is Arabic based on anything else, or has it just evolved over time?

Do you know why it looks the way it does? I'm a big fan of language origins and what everything symbolizes or the reasons behind it.

Thanks!

I'm going to preface this with saying I know absolutely nothing about the Arabic language. Everything I say on this is going to sound rightfully ignorant.

You said the letters need to be connected. It's just per word, correct?

Visually, there seems to be a line running through all of it/that they are on...? I don't think I could ever write it properly and not extremely messy if I tried. XD Is there any particular reason that is know for it to be so straight?

Is Arabic based on anything else, or has it just evolved over time?

Do you know why it looks the way it does? I'm a big fan of language origins and what everything symbolizes or the reasons behind it.

Thanks!

Yes, letters have to be connected only per word, but there are six letters ا، و ، ر، ز، ذ، د that never connect with the letter after them.

And well, you got it right about the line. Except, well, there are two common ways of writing in Arabic: the one a computer types in, which almost only children use to write because it's easier to read, and the other type which is usually used by people as they grow up because it's faster to write with. In the second type, only five letters have to go under the line if they're at the end of a word.

I've read in some place it's originated from the same thing Urdu and another language are, but I forgot it's name. I'll look it up for you if you want. :) oh and Arabic is nothing like Japanese, nothing symbolizes anything, just sounds. :)

The key to connecting letter would be using half of the shape of an alphabet. Periodicity is shown and mostly dots are used to show different letters.

haaaaaaay i'm from syria ...hmm i don't really have to learn quz i already know,however if anyone wants to know more and more about ARABIC feel free to ask u r questions!!