Detective Conan World
CarpetCrawler

New Live-Action Special Featuring Heiji and Kazuha Has Been Announced

Wow, I'm extremely hyped up about this! I don't know about other people, but I actually really liked the live actions, especially the near movie length specials. And Heiji and Kazuha are going to be in this one?! This made my day, just when I thought this Friday couldn't get any better.

I wasn't thrilled with Heiji in the live action, though I loved Kazuha, so I hope it's better? I think if they fix his hat I will be a lot happier, lol. I liked their actors a lot, I hope they don't change anyone anymore.

Per Wakarimashita, a new Detective Conan live-action special has been announced, and it'll feature Heiji and Kazuha!!

So, what does everyone think?

1330060459225.jpg

WOw exciting! but its better if the lead roles will be Shun Oguri and Kurokawa Tomoka again they both resemble in the anime :)

the date? what time does it play and what channel? because the usual DC episode plays here at 3am. it's 6pm there

if anyone can do the math...tell me?

It's set to air on April 12th, 2012 (two days before "The Eleventh Striker" hits theaters), but I'm clueless as to the exact time or channel. Because I can't even understand conversational Japanese, I just wait for the English subs to come out. I'm guessing Heiwa Fansubs will be back for more amazing subs (they were the ones responsible for the English subbing of the live action episodes and the most recent live action special from last year).

i know the live action series. i have it on DVD already. i'm fluent in japanese but i can not read it. still learning.

i just wanted to know when to change the channel. oh well

I'm not sure if this'll help, but this small promotional picture has a time on it. I'm assuming it's 9 am, because 9 pm would have been written as 21:00. Also, safely assuming they're going off of Japan Standard Time (JST), we know it's 9 hours ahead of Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). So if it's 00:00 (midnight) UTC, then it's 09:00 JST. I'm not sure what time zone you're in, but I hope converting is a bit easier now. I don't read any Japanese and I'm just going off of prior knowledge, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

conandrama20.jpg

• Upvote 1

then it'll be 7pm here. (april 11th)

now all i need is the channel...if it's still yomiuri TV. i'll watch it but i dunno what channel

I'm pretty sure it's still Yomiuri TV. That image was actually from the official ytv page for the drama. Here's the link, in case you're interested in taking a look at it.

http://www.ytv.co.jp/conan-spdrama/

There's also a quick story plot summary and the full list of suspects/characters on the page, too.

I'm just wondering if when did this start....

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that. Maybe you're confused and think this is a new series of short episodes. This is a near movie length live action drama special. There have been three previous drama specials (one in 2006, one in 2007, and one very recent one in 2011). The first two were stand-alone ideas that tried to get the ball rolling (obviously it didn't work very well because the next special came out 4 years later and when it did come out nearly the entire cast was changed). A 13 episode series titled "Challenge Letter to Shinichi Kudo" aired shortly after the third special aired, I'm guessing in hopes that it would catch more attention. Apparently, it did and one short year later a live action special is less than a month away. So, to answer your question, no it didn't "start" and never really "starts". It just happens.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that. Maybe you're confused and think this is a new series of short episodes. This is a near movie length live action drama special. There have been three previous drama specials (one in 2006, one in 2007, and one very recent one in 2011). The first two were stand-alone ideas that tried to get the ball rolling (obviously it didn't work very well because the next special came out 4 years later and when it did come out nearly the entire cast was changed). A 13 episode series titled "Challenge Letter to Shinichi Kudo" aired shortly after the third special aired, I'm guessing in hopes that it would catch more attention. Apparently, it did and one short year later a live action special is less than a month away. So, to answer your question, no it didn't "start" and never really "starts". It just happens.

Tnx! ^_^

I'm hoping that this special will be a lot better than the special from last year. The series was awesome, though, so I hope the writers will take a leaf from their book and make this just as great. If they churn out more live actions along the lines of that series, then I will watch them. And you should too. ;)

I just hope they don't mess up the canon too badly with this. But it's non-canon anyways, so I don't really care as much as some people will. (no names)