• Ogino Keisuke (34) - Beer
    • Tsukihara Kaori (29) - Coffee
    • Sodesaki Kazutomo (31) - Cigarette
    • Suicide
    • Subaru (27) - "but I was driving the whole time, officer!"
    • Takagi - "WHAT!?"
    • Haibara (84) - "..." *prepares injectable APTX*
    • I will vote later
  2. 2. Haibara is warming up to Subaru. Why? (multiple choice!)

• Ai thinks he is Moroboshi Dai in disguise
    • Ai thinks he is Bourbon in disguise
    • Ai thinks he is someone else in disguise
    • Ai is pretending to warm up to him to trick him and Conan
    • Ai really wants to investigate Subaru a bit so she is making up excuses for him to be around.
    • Ai thinks he isn't really Black Org.
    • His actions have changed Ai's mind, so she trusts him more.
    • Conan told Ai something about Subaru
    • Ai likes his car/driving better than Agasa's
    • Ai thinks he is hot.
    • Ai *likes* him
    • Ai *likes* ... ... his cooking
    • Something else
    • I will vote later

Translation of a few pages of chapter 810 by nzrock from DCTP:

File 810 Froth, Steam and Smoke

Tagline: Proving that there is indeed an inaccurate evidence...

Megu: Froth... Steam... And Smoke!? How can such an inaccurate evidence become an alibi?

Taka: Ah, yes...

Taka: If explaining by order... Around 7:30am, I heard someone screaming "Someone fell!" and then I rushed towards this aparment building... A man wearing loose pajmas has fallen on to the ground... From the testimony of witnesses, the man fell down from the high-levels of the apartment building... After some invenstigations, because of a cellphone that was in his breast pocket... Before he fell at 7:25am, he sended a SMS to a number of people... The content of the SMS was "Come kill me if you think you can, I'll be waiting for you with my door open. I will let you die within my arms."... then we try to resent the text!

Side note: Certainly the evidence before showed their innocence...

Taka: And then, within the crowd those 3's cellphone rang at the same time...

Megu: So the ones who recived the provocative SMS, which presumably prompted the murder, were these 3 huh...

Taka: Yes... Thus it was known that the fallen man were co-workers of these 3 people, President and Editor-in-Chief of Katsumoto Publishing, Katsumoto Daisaku... Because of the content in the SMS, in order to listen to the situation, I wish the Police and everyone can cooperate... When I just went to their rooms before, I thought I could find the evidence that was still there in their rooms...

Megu: So when you went, you found beer froth... Coffee that was still emitting steam... And cigarette smoke...

Taka: Y-yes... If one of these 3 were the one who pushed the President, and then mingled in with the crowd... After the fall, then directly rushed to here... Even if they were withnessed to have come here early, then later when questioned, they could had just said rushed here due to the commotion.

Megu: But were you the only one who saw the froth, steam and smoke?

Conan: We did took pictures!

Conan: However, it was using the cellphone's camera!

Megu: Co-conan!?

Taka: Ah, I coincidentally meet Conan's car on the road, that was when we heard the "Someone fell!" scream... Then came here via their car...

Megu: Oh... So you mean you took Conan into what possibly could be the murderer's room?

Taka: Y-yes... Because it was Conan said to quickly check their rooms...

Conan: Alright, look quickly!

Conan: This is Ogino-san's beer froth... This is Tsukihara-san's coffee steam... Because it's hard to see in a photo, so this one is a video... And then this is Sodesaki-san's cigarette smoke!

Conan: In order to know whos room is who's, I had them hold their evidence before taking the photo.

Megu: When taking this photo, where were the other 2?

Taka: We keep open that room's door, and let them wait in the entrance... I think that way it's impossible for them to sneak back into their own rooms, to hide evidence.

Megu: And then? President Katsumoto fell from his room on this 26th floor, this we can confirme right?

Taka: Yes... Both the front door and balcony windows were open... It seems after sending that SMS, the President called the Carpenter's home...

Megu: Carpenter?

Taka: Last night the President's room had new carpet installed, but they were different from the ones he ordered... He was quite angry, he even measured the length of the carpet fluff during the call... He was then interrupted by the door bell, the president then said, "I call you again" and hung up the phone...

Megu: Before President Katsumoto fell, he was always staying in this room... Seems like that visitor is the murderer... By the way, how long does it take to get from their rooms to the President's?

Taka: Because all 3 are on the 3rd floor, if they want to get to the President's room on the 26th floor, it would take about 7minutes... There's no mistake, I also took the stairs to test it out...

Megu: Taking the stairs? There's no elevator?

Taka: There's a camera in the elevator, I took a quick look in the Security Room... And before and after President Katsumoto fell at 7:30am, those 3 did not show up on the camera... So if one of those 3 is the murderder, I think they tooked the stairs which had no camera...

Megu: I see... Pushing the President's door bell, entering the room and then pushed the President down, then the time spent leaving the room, plus after the incident and before you entered the rooms of these 3... If one of those 3 is the murderder, there will be at least 10minutes when they last entered their room.

Taka: Yes... After that long, froth, steam and smoke should had been gone, right?

Megu: But, why would the President sent that kind of SMS to you guys?

Ogino: It's the lawsuit!

Tsukihara: The 3 of us intended to sue the President!

Sodesaki: At early nexth month!

Megu&Taka: Lawsuit?

Ogino: You guys heard of it right? Last week a famous actress suicided by jumping off a aparment building...

Taka: Ah... The reason for suicide seems to be a exclusive coverage on her and her bad lover's kissing photo?

Ai: It's the first time right...

Ai: That I'm alone with you...

Oki: If you put it that way, that's right... Why are we parking outside the MPD, on the side of the road... If it's waiting for him, we can go wait in the car park... And in the car?

Ai: If that's what you want, you might as well drag me there. (I have removed the question mark cause it doesn't make sense)

Oki: Come on, don't be like that...

Oki thought: The promise with her...

Ai face: -.-

• Upvote 2

thank you so much guys^^

I was waiting for more Ai/Okiya interactions(and more Ai investigation on Okiya),but I guess we'll have more in the last file of the case...

@leokiko: Just to be clear, it seems that the original Japanese of that translation is a translation of the Chinese, done by a dude on 2chan. Thank you nzrock for the translation, though!

Ah... no. He translated directly from the Chinese scan. But I guess it's the same anyway :D

with the beer drinker, he drank out of an average glass, the froth should have been pretty flat no matter what the beer after that long. Glass properties of retaining oils would have killed it. Maybe he put something from that bag in it to cause some it to get some head. In that case he would be our culprit, but thats just my initial thoughts.icon_e_biggrin.gif

with the beer drinker, he drank out of an average glass, the froth should have been pretty flat no matter what the beer after that long. Glass properties of retaining oils would have killed it. Maybe he put something from that bag in it to cause some it to get some head. In that case he would be our culprit, but thats just my initial thoughts.icon_e_biggrin.gif

More of the translation from nzrock can be found here, but I'll just quote the relevant stuff for now

The relevant parts are:

Conan: Eh——... Alarm clock, keychain and ringtone——... That's what those three said right!

Taka: Ah, yes...

Conan: Then, how was the experiment?

Taka: Beer froth is around 6minutes... Smoke is probably 8minutes... cigarette smoke is a little over 9minutes...

Conan: So it had nothing to do with the room tempature...

and...

Taka: Because all 3 live on the 3rd floor, if they want to get to the President's room on the 26th floor, it would take about 7minutes... There's no mistake, I also took the stairs to test it out...

Megu: Taking the stairs? There's no elevator?

Taka: There's a camera in the elevator, I took a quick look in the Security Room... And before and after President Katsumoto fall at 7:30am, those 3 did not show up on the camera... So if one of those 3 is the murderer, I think they took the stairs which had no camera...

Megu: I see... So the time spent pushing the President's door bell, entering the room and then pushed the President down, then leaving the room, plus after the incident and before you entered the rooms of these 3... If one of those 3 is the murderder, then it would had been at least 10minutes when they last entered their rooms.

So, yep, so people don't keep guessing at how long it takes for things to happen the above should contain that info :)

This seems to be a normal three-chapters-case... But why I have this feeling that something plot related will happen soon?

It seems Haibara want to find the proof on Akai's body. And Conan send him message to get the case closed! Eventually, it could be the one may propel him to suspicious of Conan again until he solve next case with Conan...

+1 for you, Artistic Poet.

I'm super excited with these chapters!

I wonder if Ai insisted on waiting outside because she didn't trust Okiya? As in, if she was in the car, then the public passing by the street wouldn't see her, and therefore give Okiya a chance to kidnap her or something? Does this mean that she doesn't know that Moroboshi Dai = FBI?

Thanks for the translation !

Anyway, this is Conan's manga release schedule in the next few weeks (posted by Tuntun and brought to us by Wakarimashita):

21/03 : Sunday #16 : File 811

28/03 : Sunday #17 : No Conan file

04/04 : Sunday #18 : File 812

11/04 : Sunday #19 : File 813

18/04 : Sunday #20 : File 814

25/04 : Sunday #21-22 : File 815

02/05 : No Shounen Sunday

09/05 : Sunday #23 : File 816

* Red lines are breaks

Thanks a lot Artistic Poet^^You're awesome^^

I just love this file,even if I was excpecting more dialogue between Ai and Okiya...And we still don't know about the promise Okiya was talking about :mellow:

And I don't understand why Ai didn't want to sit in the car with Okiya,if she thinks he's Dai...She showed some kind of trust in the begining of the case,and now she's afraid to be alone with him?This is weird...

I can imagine Conan will act cute in the episode, to get attention to himself with the cup, the foam he's making. I can't wait to see this episode, I want to watch this part.

You all welcome!!! :D

Thanks for the translation of the chinese, and to DCTP for you know, all the other work. XD

Okay so, for basically ever I've been convinced the PS on Akemi's text to Akai that we never saw was asking him to watch/help her sister, if she doesn't make it out of the BO alive. It seems to me that the end of 810 was a confirmation of that. His promise? :3 What else could that possibly be? Even if he isn't Akai (lololol), what would it be? The way it is presented, it seems to be the sort of thing that we should/would already know about, and not be a total red herring to something completely off screen/not mentioned in canon.

Excuse me as I flail.

Thanks for the translation of the chinese, and to DCTP for you know, all the other work. XD

Okay so, for basically ever I've been convinced the PS on Akemi's text to Akai that we never saw was asking him to watch/help her sister, if she doesn't make it out of the BO alive. It seems to me that the end of 810 was a confirmation of that. His promise? :3 What else could that possibly be? Even if he isn't Akai (lololol), what would it be? The way it is presented, it seems to be the sort of thing that we should/would already know about, and not be a total red herring to something completely off screen/not mentioned in canon.

Excuse me as I flail.

i agree,acctually. especially with recent events thats likely the case