• Ogino Keisuke (34) - Beer
    • Tsukihara Kaori (29) - Coffee
    • Sodesaki Kazutomo (31) - Cigarette
    • Suicide
    • Subaru (27) - "but I was driving the whole time, officer!"
    • Takagi - "WHAT!?"
    • Haibara (84) - "..." *prepares injectable APTX*
    • I will vote later
  2. 2. Haibara is warming up to Subaru. Why? (multiple choice!)

• Ai thinks he is Moroboshi Dai in disguise
    • Ai thinks he is Bourbon in disguise
    • Ai thinks he is someone else in disguise
    • Ai is pretending to warm up to him to trick him and Conan
    • Ai really wants to investigate Subaru a bit so she is making up excuses for him to be around.
    • Ai thinks he isn't really Black Org.
    • His actions have changed Ai's mind, so she trusts him more.
    • Conan told Ai something about Subaru
    • Ai likes his car/driving better than Agasa's
    • Ai thinks he is hot.
    • Ai *likes* him
    • Ai *likes* ... ... his cooking
    • Something else
    • I will vote later

DCTP's English 809 is out now, people!

Based on what I've read so far, I'm pretty much in on the whole "Haibara thinks/suspects Subaru is Dai/Shuichi" bandwagon.

Oh, and I just realized that there's a break next week. Wah :sad:

So, apparently the woman spilled her coffee when she heard the shouting, but there doesn't seem to be any sign of that in her room or on her clothes and the cup seems to be somewhat full

Yeah, I know the real reason for what I'm about to say is probably Americanisms, but I'm going to say it anyway 'cause random speculation is fun \o/.

So, Okiya says he's a Sherlockian, but when SH was set most people were referred to by their last names meaning that most people called him 'Holmes', not 'Sherlock'. So, as he said 'Sherlockian', not 'Holmesian' he's obviously a fan of BBC's Sherlock *nods* :P

DCTP's English 809 is out now, people!

Based on what I've read so far, I'm pretty much in on the whole "Haibara thinks/suspects Subaru is Dai/Shuichi" bandwagon.

Oh, and I just realized that there's a break next week. Wah :sad:

Don't worry hopefully we'll get some spoilers this Friday^^

Concerning the Haibara/Okiya thing,I wonder if Okiya suspects that Haibara has made the link between him and Dai...I would love to see Okiya stressed or in panic if Haibara asked too many questions(you know,the same way as Conan when Ran was about to find his identity)

In terms of how you fake each one...

Something that foams like an effervescent antacid crushed to make powder would work for the beer. As a powder it would fizz away before sinking so there would be no sign of what the man had done, and he doesn't need a whole lot. Since he was standing over the beer it is possible. However this guy was the first to have his room checked so there would be little prep time. He also fiddled with the bag in the entryway for some reason which might relate to whatever he did.

I can't think of a way for the coffee to be faked because the lady was not close to pour another cup of it, but there was no signs of the spill she mentioned at the crime scene. There isn't even a coffee ring on the platter. She must have cleaned it entirely up and replaced everything before going outside to check or else lied about spilling the coffee.

The third guy could have chained the cigarettes together but that would break the rule that the suspects didn't know their rooms would be checked soon afterwards. There was one cigarette with an exceptionally long ash stub in the dish, but the one the man picked up and showed was short. It could have fallen apart, or maybe he palmed one that he lit outside the room?

I really like how Ai is harassing Subaru in this chapter. Its pretty obvious she is digging for info on him, and he is so far playing dumb about it.

Yay~!! Plot-related chapter!! xD

Edit: And is it just me, or was there more beer in the 'investigation' than what he poured in the first page? Or maybe he just poured more when he finished. xP

In terms of how you fake each one...

subaru's theory says that culprit could not have foreseen that he/she will be questioned about the alibi that soon hence preparation of good alibi is something culprit can't do.only time when culprit could have utilised is when culprit was outside the other suspect's room and no one trustworthy was checking on them

Something that foams like an effervescent antacid crushed to make powder would work for the beer. As a powder it would fizz away before sinking so there would be no sign of what the man had done, and he doesn't need a whole lot. Since he was standing over the beer it is possible. However this guy was the first to have his room checked so there would be little prep time. He also fiddled with the bag in the entryway for some reason which might relate to whatever he did.

well if he is the culprit then he would have left room when message came without finishing beer .then he went to 26th floor then murdered him and went to road.according to subaru's theory he could not have prepared an alibi beforehand .and in practical time taken, froth would have gone away and his neighbor would be on his door complaining the noise

while if he is innocent everything fits

I can't think of a way for the coffee to be faked because the lady was not close to pour another cup of it, but there was no signs of the spill she mentioned at the crime scene. There isn't even a coffee ring on the platter. She must have cleaned it entirely up and replaced everything before going outside to check or else lied about spilling the coffee.

if she really spilled coffee then some coffee stains would be on her cloth or table cloth as well.

The third guy could have chained the cigarettes together but that would break the rule that the suspects didn't know their rooms would be checked soon afterwards. There was one cigarette with an exceptionally long ash stub in the dish, but the one the man picked up and showed was short. It could have fallen apart, or maybe he palmed one that he lit outside the room?

or he used the lighter right in front of ashtray.

summing up,i think that culprit used his/her time outside the room well to fake alibi and hence first guy could not be culprit

I really like how Ai is harassing Subaru in this chapter. Its pretty obvious she is digging for info on him, and he is so far playing dumb about it.

So do I.

Yeah, I know the real reason for what I'm about to say is probably Americanisms, but I'm going to say it anyway 'cause random speculation is fun \o/.

So, Okiya says he's a Sherlockian, but when SH was set most people were referred to by their last names meaning that most people called him 'Holmes', not 'Sherlock'. So, as he said 'Sherlockian', not 'Holmesian' he's obviously a fan of BBC's Sherlock *nods* :P

I think they call them "Shelockians" regardless. :V

well if he is the culprit then he would have left room when message came without finishing beer .then he went to 26th floor then murdered him and went to road.according to subaru's theory he could not have prepared an alibi beforehand .and in practical time taken, froth would have gone away and his neighbor would be on his door complaining the noise

My assumption is that the effervescent tablets are something he has on him or was in the bag by the entryway (reason = medical condition), that is not prepared ahead of time. Now that I think about it, anything that induces foam would work. Even if the foam goes down, you can still make more foam out of what is still left in solution using something that nucleates the bubbles. (Works with already-been-poured-coke and mentos) Obviously the guy couldn't use a mentos, but the right kind of powder would do it. Let's see what the suspects have with them in the next file, and it whoever did it should become clear.

Yeah, I know the real reason for what I'm about to say is probably Americanisms, but I'm going to say it anyway 'cause random speculation is fun \o/.So, Okiya says he's a Sherlockian, but when SH was set most people were referred to by their last names meaning that most people called him 'Holmes', not 'Sherlock'. So, as he said 'Sherlockian', not 'Holmesian' he's obviously a fan of BBC's Sherlock *nods* :P

I think they call them "Shelockians" regardless. :V

<_<

I'm not particularly a beer person (Framboise or a Strongbow instead, plz) but doesn't the head really depend on what kind of beer it is, and how it was poured? Personally, if I was planning to murder someone, I would have a solid alibi in place just in case. Pour the beer reallllllly high or something, cause a lot of foam? As a side, this is really cool.

Same thing with the coffee, for me, make it REALLY hot so it might cool a bit but not enough? But maybe I'm thinking too much about how I would do it and looking in the wrong places. Also the cigarette. Isn't that why you really have to make sure a cigarette is out before you leave it? Or it will burn itself completely out and potentially light things on fire?

I wonder what does Sherry mean by "There's nothing to be surprised here..." in Sherry's Soliloquy this week :mellow:

I don't know...

Maybe it's about her behaviour concerning Okiya,since Conan was surprised about Haibara's recent trust on Okiya.

So if Dai=Okiya,there is no reason to be surprised...

My assumption is that the effervescent tablets are something he has on him or was in the bag by the entryway (reason = medical condition), that is not prepared ahead of time. Now that I think about it, anything that induces foam would work. Even if the foam goes down, you can still make more foam out of what is still left in solution using something that nucleates the bubbles. (Works with already-been-poured-coke and mentos) Obviously the guy couldn't use a mentos, but the right kind of powder would do it. Let's see what the suspects have with them in the next file, and it whoever did it should become clear.

"right kind of powder" is quite hard to get if the murder is not preplanned as in the case.besides he should be quite nervous to do it right in front of a police officer and a noisy kid at such a short notice.

lets be more clear, there can be a variety of other possible alibis ,yet he uses froth which he got unintentionally while pouring his beer before message arrived.

I) either he is unimaginative culprit who could not think a more subtle alibi ,

II) religious culprit who think it was act of god so he must use that for alibi

III) when he entered room with takagi and conan ,he realized that froth could be used as alibi(guilty or innocence does not matter)

IV) subaru is wrong and he is culprit and paranoid enough to have a little bit of "right kind of powder" with him

for such instances

V) he has tablets on him because of medical condition

VI) he has tablets in bag from funeral

case VI in the bag

it is foreign to me as is japan and japanese .

so whether bags from funerals ,in japan, can contain effervescent tablets ? i got no idea but i think it is impossible

Case V medical condition

well it is definitely possible that he took it out when he stumbled across the bag and put a little powder when he bent over. Hats off to chekhov for digging out such possibilities

but it involves coincidence and can be caught by chemical tests or by taste

case IV blasphemy

no subaru can't be wrong

Case III done by god(gosho) / truth

well first guy did put the beer in glass and froth did came out ,so even if he is culprit ,it could be possible by act of god(gosho aoyama) that some froth remained.

if he is innocent ,then no work needded.

case I and II: no discussion

ps : may this end in okiya impressing sato with his skills and body