Detective Conan World
Miss Smiles

Painting competition - landscapes (Winner is....)

Just a quick question...

I did my drawing but I kind of used my imagination with some references as well as the river I wanted to draw. Is using references allowed?

Please answer ASAP because I need to redraw if it's not accepeted.

• Upvote 1

Considering all the great masters of painting and landscape used reference (drawing from life, usually) I cannot imagine that would be not allowed.

What kind of artwork you like to make?

I use a lot of mediums, but I'm lazy and like to use Corel Painter for most everything. My scanner glass has a huge spiderweb crack in it, so that's a deterrent to physical media. :\

• Upvote 1

A picture of flowers does not count as landscape. but if they're drawn with river beside and mountain, it's counted.

I did my drawing but I kind of used my imagination with some references as well as the river I wanted to draw. Is using references allowed?

If artwork is drawn by you, it's allowed. You use artist's method to draw.

• Upvote 1

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT

I've notice many people likes to participate in and now is working very hard, I considering revise a new deadline as I watch participants work hard to get accepted. To be accepted is not hard. Deadline is now on 5th March. I cannot extend more, this is second final chance you can join in competition.

How do I add the picture if I scanned it? I cannot insert the image because I can't find the URL.

Upload to photobucket. Photobucket allow resize. Make sure the size or pixels does not go over area of monitor screen. If you notice an image require scrolling down, it takes one page of website and paper. Half page is the size of monitor screen. The image must good enough to fit in, between 1/4 and 2/4 of the page.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for extending the deadline! :D Now I can do the drawing! I kind of stopped right in the middle because of exams. <_<

Better do it quick... Only 5 days left! :shock:

• Upvote 1

Last chance!!! Title and link of artwork must send in to get into slot!! Your message will bounce back if you didn't, but make sure you send in title and artwork. Hurry! Two days to go!

• Upvote 1

Ladies and gentleman, please come forward to see the artwork specially made by participants of DCW! They've spend every minute to create artworks, and remember to vote for top best artwork! When voting poll closed on next deadline, I will reveal the name who receive the most votes. Please remember to come to winner's profile giving rep! And voting poll starts now!!! I wish all participants good luck!! Now start voting!

• Upvote 1

It end on March 25. As I can't stop poll keep running, I will tally up the voting results before deleting the voting poll and reveal name of winner.

Okay, thanks... so there few time to have think about this :)(2 weeks)

Thanks