Detective Conan World
Belmot

The Phantom Hotel Deduction Showdown (646-647)

New PLOT-RELATED episode is coming! FINALLY!

Sera appears! Hopefully she becomes a character I like, but if it turns out she has a dark side to her, she has to BE ELIMINATED!

Anyone else excited?

Whoa Sera voice is win.

I'm spoilering my response to the voice, as it includes info that won't be known until the next episode. Don't read unless you either know, or don't care about Sera.

I thought it was too much like a squeaky man's voice than a masculine woman's. Kind of like a man going through puberty. I know some girls who sound...kinda... like that, but not as squeaky. The voice imo needed to be a bit smoother to be actually androgynous.

BTW, I'm not saying it was BAD, I'm just saying it could have been better, had the seiyuu smoothed out the gruffness and integrated the higher pitched into the lower base tones. I suppose that the way the seiyuu did it further purports the error, but... Meh... can't change how I feel...

I thought it was too much like a squeaky man's voice than a masculine woman's. Kind of like a man going through puberty. I know some girls who sound...kinda... like that, but not as squeaky. The voice imo needed to be a bit smoother to be actually androgynous.

BTW, I'm not saying it was BAD, I'm just saying it could have been better, had the seiyuu smoothed out the gruffness and integrated the higher pitched into the lower base tones. I suppose that the way the seiyuu did it further purports the error, but... Meh... can't change how I feel...

To be honest, since I know Sera's female, it was kinda hard to try to jar myself to this neutral mode. And personally, I think it's kinda difficult to try to sound perfectly androgynous.

I'm not noticing the squeakiness and roughness as much as you seem to be, BTW.

This first episode was a disappointment to me... Mostly because of the animation. I have seen better but luckily this wasn't the worst... Detailed opinion: My newest dA journal

EDIT: Okay, now I finally managed to watch this episode 'til the end. It was as bad as I thought at first. Sera looked bad only in the happenings in the bus. Otherwise it was pretty good. *watches again*

EDIT: *watching* Oo mi gosh! Megure's face and voice when he says : "Another one of these pain-in-the-necks?"

Edited by Tsukiko

Really? I liked sera in the anime, she was everything i was hoping for. I think the voice casting was perfect. And the bus fight scene was pretty good. That may be because i expected the anime to mess things up that im pleasantly suprised.Cant wait to see her more.

Loved Sera, but I'm sure she failed on purpose. Why is she so interested on Conan? Anyway, It's fun to have another female character with detective skills.