Detective Conan World
Kaitou1412

Vote your Favorite Movie!

Vote Favorite DC Movie!  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of these is your favorite DC movie?

• The Time-Bombed Skyscraper
    • The Fourteenth Target
    • The Last Wizard of the Century
    • Captured in Her Eyes
    • Countdown to Heaven
    • The Phantom of Baker Street
    • Crossroad in the Ancient Capital
    • Magician of the Silver Sky
    • Strategy Above the Depths
    • The Private Eyes
    • Jolly Roger in the Deep Azure
    • Full Score of Fear
    • The Raven Chaser
    • The Lost Ship in the Sky
    • A Quarter of Silence
    • The Eleventh Striker
    • Private Eye in the Distant Sea
    • Dimensional Sniper

No no no no no. :(

Shh... It is alright Moho. Aico obviously didn't go to the least favorite thread yet and read all of the berating of the 10,11,13 and 14 movies. Especially from me.

What I am saying is...

To my knowledge, there are a few people on the forums who have access to Japanese cinemas and have seen the movie or at least know the outcome of the movie. I guess the option to vote for it is there for those people.

i was actually having truble choosing between movie 13 and movie 4... but I chose movie 13 instead.. hahahaha.. ths movie is tooooooooooooooooooooooo intense....

I don't like most of the movies. They're fun to watch, but generally predictable in plot/murderer and hopelessly overdramatized.

I picked 13 because I liked the addition of Irish, who unlike most of the Black Org seems to be actively doing something about the clues to Shinichi's status.

A review for each without being thoroughly picky

1 was alright, if a bit ooc on some characters.

2 I liked because of the ABC Murders references and Kogoro.

3 ended up too cliche and improbable for me.

4 was good. Again some cliches, but it's good with twists. The killer's face post-reveal is a little overly-changed. Not as much as 7's, but still.

5 wasn't a favorite. Too many improbable tie-ins with the Black Organization. They wouldn't have given up so easily on Sherry. And of course an overly crazy Conan stunt got tied in there.

6 I really liked the first time I watched it. The Holmes and Jack the Ripper plot was good. But the whole 'Computer will terminate everyone if the game isn't beaten, and there's nothing you can do about it' bit, not so much.

7 was pretty good, though 1- Kazuha wouldn't have been caught so easily and 2- I didn't recognize the murderer the first time I watched it. It's like they redesigned him for the reveal. I mean, Aizen's glasses removal and slicked back hair was silly,  but this was crazy. And the danger was a little too organized. 

8 was pretty plain in my opinion. It seemed like it would have worked better as a 2 episode special filler. 

9 interested me through a few viewings. It was twisted up enough for my writer's mind to appreciate it, and though Ran and Sonoko were cast as damsels in distress, at least Kogoro finally showed his tough side again.

10 was interesting. the pass bomb idea seemed kind of silly and cliche, but Sato got a fun moment. It seemed like some plot twists and tricks were borrowed heavily from movie 9, but I digress. 

11 was absolutely awful. The plot was lacking, the villains cartoonish and stupid, and the entire mess was far too dramatic for a detective movie. 

12 I liked a lot. Music combined with DC is a plus. This plot was interesting, and there was a real danger for a character outside the main character damsel category. Other than a few DC movie exclusive improbable/silly moments, it was decent.

13 I really liked. Irish was a good addition to the plot that kept the Black Org from being 100% OOC, though once again they were using the infinite improbability drive. The police were actually involved, unlike many predecessors, and they cleaned up the non-canon character bit nicely/cruelly.

14 just no. I hated most of this movie. It feels like a cinematic, fanservicey sell-out. Let's see, let's shoot Conan non-fatally about 3 or 4 times, slap Haibara, make Kaito pretend to be Shinichi, put Ran in danger that's not real danger but she thinks is so she can think of Shinichi some more, and turn it all into a threat of biological warfare as bluffed as Kogoro sober. Oh, and they're trying to steal statues. Yeah, then we'll tie in Hattori and Kazuha and a little kid and some monks. That's brilliant. And then the most failed attempt at shipping in the DC Universe! 

15 had a good story. I liked watching it when I wimped out of waiting for subtitles, and again when the subs came out. A couple scenes were silly or once again highly unlikely even for Conan, who seems more an action hero than a detective as the movies go on. But I did like the tie ins to Ran's suspicions of Conan.

16 was meh at best. The crime wasn't pulled off well even before Conan's interference, and once again it all came down to a skill he had that was totally unrelated to detective work and would save everyone at the last second. 

My most favourite movies are

4-Captured in Her Eyes

6-The Phantom of the Baker Street

12-Full Score of Fear

15-Quarter of Silence

in movie 15 my most favourite scene is the last scene i.e conan starting his ride from the breaking dam till the scene he was rescued by Ran and he speaks Ran-neechan

In movie 12 my most favourite seen is the scene where reiko interrupts the stage and sings Amazing Grace which is my favourite song. You dont believe but my cellphone ringtone is the amazing grace flute in ths movie which occurs in the movie where reiko listens to the music through music system and conan comes and rings her doorbell.

My favorite movies include: 

The Princess Bride 

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Huh? We're talking about DC movies here...

IN RANDOM ORDER: (Warning to those who have not watched: Spoilers ahead!!)

Movie 13- BO!!! Okay, so Irish is introduced (and killed) in this movie. I felt that he was like Hara Yoshiaki (Movie 5) who was also introduced and killed in that Movie. It's just that it's...odd that a BO member could give inspiration to Conan to defeat the BO.

Movie 8- Tension, tension, tension. I was SCREAMING all the way. And there's that pervert Kid again. And a cute little ShinRan scene.

Movie 15- In all the movies, Ran is in some kind of danger:

1- was inside a mall that was supposed to blow up.

2-almost drowned in that flooding resto.

3- was a target of that serial killer who shoots people in the eye.

4- got amnesia

5- jumped off a burning building with just a hose (?)

6-committed virtual suicide

7- was being chased by some crazy ninjas (?)

8- forced to fly a plane

9- almost drowned in a sinking ship

10- was held hostage by a bomb on her watch

11- was held hostage by two divers

12- inside a dome where outside there were explosions.

13- battles a BO member

14- thinks she got a fatal disease.

But Movie 15 changed that. It's still not perfect, though.

Movie 6- There's Holmes! And yes, the original Jack the Ripper was said to be an adviser of an aristocrat.

1. The Phantom of Baker Street- It has at least a comprehensible plot, and references to Sherlock Holmes, I guess...

2. Full Score of Fear- I don't know, probably because I play the piano ^.^

3. Captured in Her Eyes- Memories...

I usually love all the Detective Conan movies that I have watched so far, I'm supposed to be watching "The raven chaser" now, since I'm on episode 529, and saw a few commercials which featured Daigo on them. I'm soo going to dig that one, it has Conan vs. Black Org. and my favorite singer, and actor, Daigo, as a special guest star. But at the moment, I'm a bit behind in the Detective Conan movies, since I'm only on movie 9 at the moment. D:

Anyways, my most favorite movie is "Captured in her eyes". I loved everything about that movie, and the case was very interesting. It was chock filled with mystery, action, suspense, and adventure! How can I possibly not love it? I didn't take my eyes off the screen for even one second. I was soo into that movie, I loved it soo much. ^-^!

I already replied to another thread about my favorite movies. However, I voted for Movie 14 because my Kaitou Kid-fangirlism took over before I can think correctly :V

... I haven't even watched a lot of the movies, and I would've voted for Lupin III vs. Detective Conan: The Movie if it was a choice. Now, I wish I voted for Movie 6 >.<

The Phantom of Baker Street was my favorite so far.

Since I don't watch the movies until I've watched the episode it came out after, I'm only up to movie 14 or 15. Maybe my favorite might change later on?