Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
A L

How much is Shiho's IQ?

Yup, so what is the intelligence quotient of our beloved poison developer? But before you are dead sure, Einsteins' IQ was 137. :blink:

Yup, so what is the intelligence quotient of our beloved poison developer? But before you are dead sure, Einsteins' IQ was 137. :blink:

No way to tell... The fandom thinks that Kid's IQ is 400 which is impossible. That said, Shiho is one of, if not the smartest people in DC.

No way to tell... The fandom thinks that Kid's IQ is 400 which is impossible. That said, Shiho is one of, if not the smartest people in DC.

To think that they must have an IQ of below 40. But if Kaito's IQ is high, it explains why his hair is messed up. Using to much of your brain does that.

Hear hear! :D She is the smartest! Probably more smarter than Conan! :P

Kid's IQ can't be 400.... He's been outwitted far too many times. <_<

Hear hear! :D She is the smartest! Probably more smarter than Conan! :P

Kid's IQ can't be 400.... He's been outwitted far too many times. <_<

KID doesn't have short term memory ;)

But Shiho can catch KID in 0.00000001 x 10exp99 seconds if she wants to.

Shiho's IQ must be very high,she already was a scientist for the BO at the age of 13,she's a genious...

So I guess her IQ is the same as Einstein.

You're logical. Arigatou.

PS is your sign Ai or Chris?

It's also an anime. ANYTHING is possible. ;)

KID could very well have an IQ of 400 if Akako can use voodoo magic and Shinichi was drugged by mysterious men and become Conan... XD lol

As for her IQ level, I'd like to remind all of you that IQ level does not determine how smart you are, it determines how much information you can hold. Somebody can have a smaller IQ than you and still be WAY smarter. XD So don't use how smart she is as a way to guess her IQ.

I'm not guessing Einstein's level. I'm guessing she is somewhere between 110-140.

150's?

3 smartest people: Shiho/Haibara, Kaito KID, Conan/Shinichi.

What about agasa? You are going to make the genius inventor cry.

Also ihkf 110 is barely above average. Considering that she is 18 and already seemingly has a Ph.D, one can assume her IQ is in the 150-180 range at least. She has genius level intellect. And IQ only goes up to 200, so yeah 400 is impossible.

Also IQ is not how much info you can remember. IQ = intelligence quotient. It is a measure of many things, but it is mostly a measure of how you process information and how fast you process it, as well as creative problem solving and retention. I haven't taken an IQ test in some time, but I don't recall there being many informational questions on it. There is a memorization and recall section, however considering she is a biochemist, she should have no problems there. Biochemistry is pretty much all memorization and she can calculate extremely well as well, so active and retention should both be high.

PS: I never thought that being forced to take an IQ test for school would have come in handy.

If IQ means how much you remember then:

"I wish I could forget everything." Ai in Countdown to Heaven. She obviously has a high IQ

OK, the math.

60x60x24x365x100= 3156300000 the amount of calculations the av human brain makes in a second.

Also ihkf 110 is barely above average.

Not really. Between 20% and 30% of the population (estimations vary) has an IQ superior to 110 (the 145/150+ category represents barely 0.1%) , that's not what I call barely above average. Also, based on Richard Lynn's 'IQ and the Wealth of Nations', no country has an average IQ egal to 110, the highest is Hong-Kong with 107. Japan is indeed very well positioned with a 3rd place and an average of 105, but 5 points for an average are very significant. However, for a specific part of the population (such as college grads, doctors or other social or ethnic groupes), the average IQ can indeed be much higher than 110.

I don't know why, but IQ values are always overestimated on the internet where it seems 90% of the population has an IQ above 130...It's probably because of all these stupid worthless tests that always end up saying : 'Wow, you're very bright, you have an IQ of 130/140/150.'

source : http://sq.4mg.com/NationIQ.htm

"I wish I could forget everything." Ai in Countdown to Heaven. She obviously has a high IQ

.... Dude... those are recent events... O_o Things that would be carved into everybody's mind. That doesn't mean she has a high IQ. EVERYONE can remember things that SCARED them for LIFE! XD

Not really. Between 20% and 30% of the population (estimations vary) has an IQ superior to 110 (the 145/150+ category represents barely 0.1%) , that's not what I call barely above average. Also, based on Richard Lynn's 'IQ and the Wealth of Nations', no country has an average IQ egal to 110, the highest is Hong-Kong with 107. Japan is indeed very well positioned with a 3rd place and an average of 105, but 5 points for an average are very significant. However, for a specific part of the population (such as college grads, doctors or other social or ethnic groupes), the average IQ can indeed be much higher than 110.

I don't know why, but IQ values are always overestimated on the internet where it seems 90% of the population has an IQ above 130...It's probably because of all these stupid worthless tests that always end up saying : 'Wow, you're very bright, you have an IQ of 130/140/150.'

source : http://sq.4mg.com/NationIQ.htm

Actually, considering the scale and the standard deviation, yeah 5 points isn't a lot... The DISTRIBUTION is another matter entirely. Statistical distribution of a standardized test tends to be a bell curve, and the percentile is what matters. Technically if the average is 105 (as per Japan) you are still in the 50th percentile of the curve (very much so in fact) (BTW, this is all using Stanford-Binet, which uses a standard deviation of 16). So for Shiho to have an IQ of 110, means she is on the higher end of average, hell that even includes the Wechsler scale as well (which uses a standard deviation of 15). Shiho is anything but average (or slightly above average). She is genius level, graduating from what is assumed to be a Ph.D program in Biochemistry before the age of 13 (this is a must, because she was working as a scientist for the BO at this time, and had developed the drug by the age of 18) This means that she graduated from UNDERGRADUATE college before he had hit the age of 10! According to Stanford-Binet, a person with that level of intelligence would have 152+ and Wechsler would have 140+. Either way, 110 is SEVERELY undercutting it.

Feel free to disagree, but you gotta do better than that waka-chan <3. So my statement of estimate of 140-180 should be approximately right on either scale. Hell on the Stanford-Binet scale she would have to be in the ball park of around 150 AT LEAST.

@IHKF and EdogawaConan: You two have SEVERE misconceptions on the concept of IQ tests and how they are run and how they measure IQ. MEMORY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT! Of everything that is tested, there is actually NO WAY to confidently test memory in a controlled setting, hence it is not used. Look up the tests that I referenced, please.

If it's 140 or 152, then I could agree (although one could argue that she could be in the 'gifted/brilliant' category and not in the genius one, she's not Galileo or De Vinci). However, if it's 180, then I don't, it's a ridiculous number which seems totally out of proportions (a 140-180 range seems too wide as well). My point was not to say Shiho has an IQ of 110 as that would be an obvious underestimation (I would say the 130-145 range), but just to correct the fact that an IQ of 110 is 'barely above average' on a world-wide or americain level (I assumed you used one of these 2 scales in your first post). I wouldn't want our readers to believe they are average or just above average if ever they take an IQ test and get a result around 110.

@IHKF and EdogawaConan: You two have SEVERE misconceptions on the concept of IQ tests and how they are run and how they measure IQ. MEMORY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT! Of everything that is tested, there is actually NO WAY to confidently test memory in a controlled setting, hence it is not used. Look up the tests that I referenced, please.

Well that's why I even bothered to argue back with them about it. XD Sorry for the misunderstanding earlier.

Quite frankly I don't think the IQ test is fair. They judge you on how fast you complete each problem, right?

(Don't exactly have the time to look up the references, so... XD)

And this is exactly where I pulled that info from:

http://www.personality-and-aptitude-career-tests.com/iq-rating-scale.html

So... yeah. XD I don't think i'm really wrong on that one but I may not be right either. Or it could be both. :P

If it's 140 or 152, then I could agree (although one could argue that she could be in the 'gifted/brilliant' category and not in the genius one, she's not Galileo or De Vinci). However, if it's 180, then I don't, it's a ridiculous number which seems totally out of proportions (a 140-180 range seems too wide as well). My point was not to say Shiho has an IQ of 110 as that would be an obvious underestimation (I would say the 130-145 range), but just to correct the fact that an IQ of 110 is 'barely above average' on a world-wide or americain level (I assumed you used one of these 2 scales in your first post). I wouldn't want our readers to believe they are average or just above average if ever they take an IQ test and get a result around 110.

Did you read what I wrote? I'm going by the set standards not by the taken average. So yes, according to both, 110 is quite literally just hitting above average intelligence or upper end of average intelligence. This is all based off of a bell curve. In terms of population average (which btw is horrible and can never be accurate) then yes 110 is well above the average in the us.

And 140-180 is entirely fair because there is a SD of 16 or 15. Not to mention you have to take relative age into consideration. As someone who completed a Ph.D program in their early teens, I would not be surprised if she got higher than 180 at that point in time. As of being 18 one could estimate that time caught up with her and she would be 130-150, but she also did something that is insanely difficult to do, which is design a lethal drug that is undetectable (which was completely new with no other basis). Most people don't design drugs until well into their 30s, it isn't like designing a program. So I'd still estimate that she is well within genius territory of 152+ or 140+.

Oh yeah and nice job choosing scientists who died long before any of these tests were available, so no actual measure of their intelligence exists.

And 140-180 is entirely fair because there is a SD of 16 or 15.

Most IQ tests aim for 15 points as the standard deviation, so 145-175 would be about three to five SD. It is also important to note that IQ tests become far less accurate the further you move away from 100. Go high enough and you can get wildly swinging numbers (one SD) between tests, simply because IQ tests are not designed to measure the >1% of people with high IQs accurately.

You see the same principle in SATs (standardized US tests). Universities like MIT don't distinguish between, say, a 760 and an 800 on the math test because the difference between those two scores is a smart kid and an equally smart kid who makes a dumb mistake because she got distracted or something. They want to look at things like the American Mathematics Competitions which are designed to push the limits of even highly gifted math students, and thus will more clearly show who among the gifted is the most proficient at certain types of math.

There are lots of different types of intelligence, and many different types of IQ tests.

Having lots of science knowledge, the ability to apply it very well, and get the results one desires has a muddy relationship with IQ.

Most people don't design drugs until well into their 30s
I have to technically disagree with you here because I have worked in a lab with grads under thirty who were designing custom protein inhibitors as trial anti-cancer drugs, but in spirit it is clear Shiho is a lot more advanced than most grads.

There are lots of different types of intelligence, and many different types of IQ tests.

Having lots of science knowledge, the ability to apply it very well, and get the results one desires has a muddy relationship with IQ.

I have to technically disagree with you here because I have worked in a lab with grads under thirty who were designing custom protein inhibitors as trial anti-cancer drugs, but in spirit it is clear Shiho is a lot more advanced than most grads.

To be fair, I only use that large of a range, because it is impossible to accurately assess Shiho's IQ, based on how much we know or rather don't know about her. Estimating IQ is near impossible. My assessment was based on age variants and her apparent achievements.

Chek, those custom protein inhibitors have previous knowledge and use the same mechanics as many other protein inhibitors. Creating those are quite easy actually because of the methodology involved. They are being made using usually previous cancer research (unless I'm misunderstanding what you are saying). What Shiho did for the BO was create an entirely new drug that had no precursor other than the vague notion of using apoptosis as a means to kill (impossible btw) and be undetectable.

Compare that to the people creating new targeted drugs not based on anything. Most of them are Ph.D researchers in their late 20s to early 30s. People under 30 make new drugs all the time, but usually they are using research and methodology already known to suit their needs. Hell, I've designed a drug in a lab (which my professor synthesized) to be used in an experiment. But it was based off of the target's properties and was based off of a similar drug that affected a similar protein.

.... Dude... those are recent events... O_o Things that would be carved into everybody's mind. That doesn't mean she has a high IQ. EVERYONE can remember things that SCARED them for LIFE! XD

Well, you're sign scared me. But that hitting the ball you're way. IQ is the conceptual thinking i.e: how quickly you can learn maths. The would be the basic of all intelligence.

Ahem, when did I say that? I used if. Memory has nothing to do with IQ. There are also different divisions of skills i.e sense of direction, quick thinker, and also if it may be included, not getting agitated and working on a problem.

OK, the math.

60x60x24x365x100= 3156300000 the amount of calculations the av human brain makes in a second.

Whoops :P the real amount is 3.1535 x 10exp14

Multiple posts merged. Please edit your previous post or use the multiquote feature to select posts you would like to reply to and click the big "add reply" button at the top of the page. - Chek

Definitely high. Another aspect of Ai/Shiho's capabilities that seems to have been overlooked is her people skills. I say this after having observed her interactions with the major police characters (especially Takagi, Sato, & Shiratori). She has accurately described some aspects of these people's personalities. In addition, I think Ai has been instrumental in getting Takagi & Sato together and deflecting Shiratori away from Sato in favor of Kobayashi.