Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Silverbullet-kun

DCW in different languages

Yes I agreee with MKK. It is a good idea to do that for the wiki and yes there is a translator but not that accurate. And it doesn't work for the fourms because if we had people from different countries reading it and posting in different languages there would be a language barrier. Example: KtPT posts in Danish and I post in Chinese. There will be people who can answer his posts and some who can answer mine. DCW will become divided into different groups.

Sorry for the long comment.

BTW: I don't know how to read Chinese.

How about we make it easier for DC fans from different countries to read the wiki and rest of the information by posting stuff in different languages.

What we have been doing is linking to other wikis made by other fansites in different languages. Many of the pages on this wiki have a link to a German wiki, although not all of them because the topics don't overlap completely. If you know of any other non-English language wikis which are underway, tell us so that we can start to connect to them too.

DCW doesn't have the translator capacity to translate full pages into other languages and keep them updated. We barely keep up in English as it is.

Well, I am working on a Detective Conan Romanian forum and wiki, but at the moment I don't have money for a paid host or domain, so I'm using free ones. MediaWiki has already been installed, but I'm encountering some problems like showing a white page with the default Wiki text, instead of showing the theme. The problem may be cause by host, or by bad MediaWiki installation. However, until I'll raise some money for domain and host, I can't continue working on this project.

• Upvote 1