Detective Conan World
Aeyra

Pokemon Adventures

Pokemon Adventures is the Pokemon manga that is mainly based on the games, and even the creator of Pokemon said 'This is the story that best conveys the world I wanted to show.' (take that you stupid anime!) All of the characters are named after the games (ex. Red, Blue, Ruby) and they are all awesome in their own special ways. Click here to read it.

Red:

Red-pokemon-adventures-13987306-400-326.jpg

Red is the first protagonist of the manga, and one of his Pokemon is a Pikachu named Pika. His starter Pokemon, Bulbasaur, is named Saur, and his first Pokemon, Poliwhirl, is named Poli. (ain't he such a creative nicknamer?) The first arc, RBG, is centered around him becoming a better trainer and actually beating Team Rocket. (unlike Ash who can't even get rid of the hopeless trio that's always tailing him)

Green:

250px-Blue_Adventures_RGB.png

I blame the English manga for all the confusion. This guy's name is GREEN, not Blue, that's the girl. It got mixed up because Blue came out in America, Green didn't, and since Green's the rival, he had to be the matching set name and therefore the name was changed. Call him Blue and I will slap you. :P He's Red's rival, and his first Pokemon was Scyther, his starter is Charmander, and he also happens to own a Pidgeot, among several others. Green is so awesome. :3 He's my second fav.

Blue:

250px-Green_Adventures_RGB.png

Now this is Blue. She is the proud owner of the starter Squirtle (which evolved), and it's name is Turtly. She uses her Jigglypuff to fly, and her Ditto helps her disguise her face extremely well. :P She actually stole Squirtle from Professor Oak's lab and also stole Red's gym badges, and swindled him out of his money. She's a very bad girl. :P She's very fun to read about, though somewhat annoying at times.

Yellow:

353-1.jpg

Yellow has the ability to heal Pokemon, read their minds, and control Pokeballs. Yellow's also a hopeless trainer in the beginning of the Yellow Arc (Green-san... I can't catch this Caterpie...) and Yellow's Pokemon are Rattata and Doduo. Yes, very, very pathetic. But Yellow is the only one who can find the missing Red, and the arc is full of action and hilarity! :D I love Yellow... Third favorite character.

Gold:

Gold_Adventures.png

Gold is a bit of a pervert, but he's really cool, and he has a ton of Pokemon. (he only uses a few of them though.) I'd tell you their nicknames, but I forgot some of them. His starter is Cyndaquil (Explotaro! I remember that one!) and he also has an Aipom, and... Some other Pokemon which I can't remember. Oh, he has a Pichu! He's great at hatching Pokemon. He also owns a Politoed. :3

Silver:

Silver_Adventures.png

Gold's rival, and he's awesome! He's just like Blue- he stole Tododile, and a Pokedex (though Blue didn't do that part). He's a really strong trainer, and is to find the Masked Man who kidnapped him when he was a child. (he acts like a bad guy but is actually a good guy.) His first Pokemon is Sneasel, and he also owns an Ursaring, and Red Gyarados.

Crystal:

250px-PokemonAdventures10.png

If you ever need a Pokemon captured, go ask Crystal. She'll catch it... by kicking a Pokeball at it. Her starter is Chikorita (Megaree!)and her first Pokemon was her Smoochum, though she replaced it with the Chikorita. She owns an Arcanine (one of my favorite Pokemon) and it's mainly her job to complete the Pokedex. (which she has. The Johto and the Hoenn one. :P I struggle catching 60 Pokemon...

Ruby:

250px-Ruby_Vol_22.png

Finally, we arrive at the greatest, most beautiful Pokedex holder of them all! Ruby! His starter is Mudkip, and his first Pokemon are Ralts, Poochyena, and Skitty. (he's a guy, just BTW, because I thought he was a girl at first.) He is completely obsessed with beauty, doesn't like his Pokemon to get dirty, is an arrogant brat, and I love him all the more because of it! He's the one who does all the contests (My Pokemon are always beautiful! Cool! Tough! Smart! Cute! And let's not forget, BEAUTIFUL!) He's kind of vain, and seems really, really shallow, but he develops so much over his arc, he becomes a whole new person. He's hilarious, and you won't stop laughing. Honestly, he's the best. (oh, and he ran away from home because he couldn't stand his dad, Norman.)

Sapphire:

250px-Sapphire_Vol_21.png

Sapphire is a wild girl, and is Professor Birch's daughter. She wants to become champion of the Pokemon League. Her starter is Torchic. Her first Pokemon was probably Rono, her Aron. She helps her father do fieldwork (by living in caves and wearing clothes made of grass) and met Ruby after saving him from wild Mightyena. She and Ruby made a challenge for each other, saying each has to reach their goals (contests and gyms) in 80 days. They aren't really rivals, seeing they never battle each other, but are good friends, and they seem to like each other very much. ;)

Emerald:

Emerald_Adventures.png

Emerald is a bit... strange. He's really short, and at the beginning of his arc, he owns no Pokemon. However, he is friends with Latias and Latios, and while he doesn't use them in battle, they help him through out the Emerald Arc. His goal is to conquer the Battle Frontier, and he uses the Pokemon Crystal has captured to do it. His goal is seven symbols in seven days. (I can't even get a single stinking gold symbol...) He's been sent by Professor Oak to find and protect Jirachi so he can get a wish. (for what, I won't say.) His arc is very entertaining, and helped me get some silver symbols! (for the Battle Factory, get Linoone with Choice Scarf and Frustration. Only use Frustration. WATCH THE WIN.

I'm going to finish up later when I have the time. :P Someone remind me. Oh, and comment on Pokemon Adventures all you like! :D

• Upvote 2

I love this manga! They need to turn this into an anime :/

I liked the RedBlueGreen arc the most since it had the best action (IMO) and the Emerald arc was boring, but that was partly because I don't like him that much XD

Also, Crystal's first pokemon is her Smoochum. I think she stopped using it ever since she got Mega or something I forgot :P

I love this manga! They need to turn this into an anime :/

I liked the RedBlueGreen arc the most since it had the best action (IMO) and the Emerald arc was boring, but that was partly because I don't like him that much XD

Also, Crystal's first pokemon is her Smoochum. I think she stopped using it ever since she got Mega or something I forgot :P

I swear, the day this gets made into an anime is worthy of being made a holiday. XD I liked the Ruby/Sapphire arc the best (because Ruby is BEAUTIFUL!!!! And it was the funniest, had the best action IMO, and FranticShipping is just too cute!!!!). I personally loved the Emerald Arc (what can I say? With Emerald's tactics, I managed to get the Silver Symbol in the Battle Factory! :D (except then my Emerald game got deleted... T^T) I love Emerald... Not as much as Ruby or Green or Yellow or Sapphire of course, but I don't dislike any of the Dex holders. Who's your favorite Dex Holder? Mine are 1. Ruby, 2. Green, 3. Sapphire/Yellow/Pearl (because I simply can't decide. :P)

Aya-chan... God, how do you write all these summaries? XD Man, I love this. Ah, but what of Diamond, Pearl and Platinum? :< I love Dia and Pearl! <3

Recently the black and white arc came out too! It's pretty awesome (I like it better than the DP arc, no offence), but there was this really depressing part that involved white and N... but other than that, it is HILARIOUS. The end.

Recently the black and white arc came out too! It's pretty awesome (I like it better than the DP arc, no offence), but there was this really depressing part that involved white and N... but other than that, it is HILARIOUS. The end.

I started BW too, but I didn't really like it since I knew zero of the Pokemon. -.-' I stopped playing after DPP since my mom said "Pokemon is for little kids!" and stole my DS charger. :V I loved the DP arc... Dia annoys me beyond belief, but I LOVE Pearl. :3 Haughtyshipping all the way! N is... strange. That's all I have to say. :P

Aya-chan... God, how do you write all these summaries? XD Man, I love this. Ah, but what of Diamond, Pearl and Platinum? :< I love Dia and Pearl! <3

I was planning to do them later when I have time. Wanna do Dia's? (because he's the only Dex Holder I dislike. :P) Pearl's and Platinum's I should be able to do soon..... I wrote the summaries because I was in the mood for it. :P That's really it.

I think I'll start reading these, been wanting to for a while :D

Good choice. ;D

Been reading just for the heck of it. Just finished Yellow and starting Gold/Silver. Liking it so far, though Gold and Silver don't seem to be appealing to me much yet. =X

I couldn't understand that arc. The scans I read were all out of order. (jump from 103 to 97 to 109 back to 103. And the pages were completely out of order...Last page first, and the rest were scrambled.) I thought Gold and Silver were pretty cool though. Crystal's awesome though. I'd love to be able to catch Pokemon like she can. :P But pull on through and get to Ruby and Sapphire! :D That's the best arc IMO! BECAUSE RUBY'S IN IT! :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD (now guess my favorite character. :P)

I love Yellow most :V

(Dont ask me why)

I didnt like emerald char... D: He made me stop reading.

D: But Emerald's hilarious... And he helped me with the Battle Frontier... Did you finish the arc? He's not the person he pretends to be... And he changes, kind of like Ruby. I love Ruby most (obviously. :V) and I like Yellow too. Specialshipping FTW!

I LOVE POKEMON ADVENTURES.

Seriously. I'm so glad I found people who like it, too. ^^

And Jean, I'm glad to see I've corrupted you. :rolleyes:

Green, Silver, and Cheren are my all-time favorite characters, especially Green. I've read R/B/G, Yellow, part of the G/S/C arc, the FR/LG arc, and part of the Emerald and B/W arc.

I LOVE POKEMON ADVENTURES.

Seriously. I'm so glad I found people who like it, too. ^^

And Jean, I'm glad to see I've corrupted you. :rolleyes:

Green, Silver, and Cheren are my all-time favorite characters, especially Green. I've read R/B/G, Yellow, part of the G/S/C arc, the FR/LG arc, and part of the Emerald and B/W arc.

You didn't read the Ruby Sapphire arc? D:< You have displeased me! You must read it, it's simply fantastic! :P Go Ruby!!!!!!!

Hmm... Red looks like Ash, Green reminds me about that girl who competes with Dawn(that girl with Clawmeaw) and Sapphire is like a copy of May!!! But maybe I should take a look to this... I dunno yet...

Hmm... Red looks like Ash, Green reminds me about that girl who competes with Dawn(that girl with Clawmeaw) and Sapphire is like a copy of May!!! But maybe I should take a look to this... I dunno yet...

I think all of these characters might have been based on their game counterparts

My favourite characters are...

1. Red

2. Yellow

3. Green, Silver, Gold and Diamond in no particular order

Sapphire a copy of May? *thinks* *bursts out laughing* The two are nothing alike! XD Sapphire lived out in the wild for a few years to do field research, and is so much of a tomboy it's actually funny. :3 (While Ruby on the other hand is probably more like May... Except he RULES at contests! BTW, if you're ever judging at one of his contests, make sure to vote for HIM!!! <- Ruby told me to say that. :P And he's so darn bold and straightforward... OT...) Red looks kind of like Ash, except handsomer. :3 FR/LG arc... Shirtless Red... :S XD And he ages. He's like... maybe... 18 in HGSS (which needs to come out).

Sapphire a copy of May? *thinks* *bursts out laughing* The two are nothing alike! XD Sapphire lived out in the wild for a few years to do field research, and is so much of a tomboy it's actually funny. :3 (While Ruby on the other hand is probably more like May... Except he RULES at contests! BTW, if you're ever judging at one of his contests, make sure to vote for HIM!!! <- Ruby told me to say that. :P And he's so darn bold and straightforward... OT...) Red looks kind of like Ash, except handsomer. :3 FR/LG arc... Shirtless Red... :S XD And he ages. He's like... maybe... 18 in HGSS (which needs to come out).

Well, at least by the way she looks... BTW I picked up this manga. The relationship between Red Green reminds me about Ash and Paul(or Trip). I just can't help it...

Well, at least by the way she looks... BTW I picked up this manga. The relationship between Red Green reminds me about Ash and Paul(or Trip). I just can't help it...

'cept Sapphire has two little fangs. XD And you should see her original outfit... (AKA grass skirt and a um... top made out of leaves. :P) Red and Green were kind of cold to each other at first, but they learned a lot from their battles and their encounters, and are best friends. (I have no idea who Paul is outside of the fact that he abandons Pokemon a ton if they aren't strong enough(I only capture Pokemon I deem strong...Leaf Green Pokedex: 120+ seen, about... 13 captured. And half of that is different evolutionary stages...). I only watched like- two episodes of Pokemon from each season. The games are my true calling.)

Hands down one of the best manga !

Love Green the most <3

Green's my number two. XD And Ruby's my number one. It's my favorite manga, I can reread it about fifty times a day if I try. (reread R/S yesterday. Reread G/S/C today. :3) I've noticed a funny pattern with the characters I like...

1. Ruby (this is the first third generation game I played and the only one until I got an emulator for my computer this year. I started with Mudkip.)

2. Green (my first legitimate (AKA not bought from China off the black market) Pokemon game. Started with Charmander... ...)

3. Pearl (my first DS game! :D But I didn't start with Chimchar... TT.TT)

I like the characters of the games I played when I was younger. ... ... This is kind of really strange.

I really like Green! and Red! and Ruby! and Gold (that actually took a while) and Silver! and Blue! and Yellow! and Sapphire! and I don't like Crystal! (never knew why, after all, she is badass when catching pokemon... gues I just never got to like her character :P)... actually, I like all the characters, except for crystal... though I am biased... hehe

I really like Green! and Red! and Ruby! and Gold (that actually took a while) and Silver! and Blue! and Yellow! and Sapphire! and I don't like Crystal! (never knew why, after all, she is badass when catching pokemon... gues I just never got to like her character :P)... actually, I like all the characters, except for crystal... though I am biased... hehe

I like all the characters except for Diamond.. Don't know exactly why, but that boy pisses me off. I basically skipped all the chapters where he was alone and just read Pearl's and Platina's. I like Crystal. I suck at catching Pokemon and have no interest for it (other than getting the National Dex so I can access to different areas, AKA Pokemon actually worth training). I'm jealous of her ability, though it's pretty obvious how she works. First off, semi-strong to get the other Pokemon's HP low. Then False Swipe until it fails. Finally, Spore and an effective Pokeball and Pokemon captured! Problem for me... I don't have the patience to train Cubone to the point of knowing False Swipe and none of the Pokemon I bother to use have Status Condition other than Poison or Paralyzation. :P Have you noticed (in terms of level) Crystal has the strongest Pokemon in G/S/C? Gold is pretty weak(about 40), and Silver is 'meh'(bit higher), but Crystal's are like, all level 50. Just putting that out there.

(as a random thought... What level must Ruby's Pokemon be at? Probably as high or higher than Sapphire's... I mean, his Skitty knew Double-Edge, so it was about Level 40 before Dewford...